Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,808 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Niger Wives - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Niger Wives (18691 Views)

Dana Air Named Official Airline Of Wives Of Africa Presidents Summit / There's No Two Wives Waiting For You In Eritrea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Wives by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 26, 2016
MrsSholagbade16:

Portsmouth86- how did u go about getting ur spouse visa for ur husband? I am in the Sam boat as u and we don't know where to start or what to do bout the spouse visa but we want to get it for him?

Also can I get a CERPAC if I go to Nigeria on a tourist visa but show our marriage certificates and stuff

Any help would be appreciated thankyou

Portsmouth86 applied for Uk spouse visa so you can search for the UK spousal visa thread that's where you will get a lot of help.
Re: Niger Wives by MrsSholagbade16: 3:02pm On May 26, 2016
salsera:

Portsmouth86 applied for Uk spouse visa so you can search for the UK spousal visa thread that's where you will get a lot of help.

Ah ok salsera thankyou for your help
Re: Niger Wives by Portsmouth86(f): 4:09am On Jun 13, 2016
MrsSholagbade16:

Portsmouth86- how did u go about getting ur spouse visa for ur husband? I am in the Sam boat as u and we don't know where to start or what to do bout the spouse visa but we want to get it for him?

Also can I get a CERPAC if I go to Nigeria on a tourist visa but show our marriage certificates and stuff?

Any help would be appreciated thankyou

I applied via Visa4uk and supplied all the specified evidence

Section 1: Application documents- (NOTE HUBBY IS SENDING HIS ORIGINALS FROM VI)
Table of contents
• Introduction letter combined both Hubby and I
• Copy of Husbands passport data page
• Copy of my Husband’s visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Copy of a Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
Section 2: Maintenance (Financial):
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. Dated 26th October
• Job offer and contract of employment
• Letter confirming increase in availability
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
• Bank statements for NatWest Platinum Current account-6 months
• Bank statements for NatWest Select Current account- 6 months
Section 3: Accommodation:
Table of contents
• Letter from landlady- confirming hubby can reside at the apartment which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• Electricity bills 3 months
• BT bills 6 months
• TV licence up to date licence printout from online
• Water bills x2 (fresh & waste)
• Photos and birds eye view floor planner
Section 4: Relationship Evidence:
Table of contents
• Marriage certificate (original and copy)
• Divorce Decree of Absolute.
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form (was unsure if to fill this out )
• 3x Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes
• Azimo receipts of money sent only small like (£25 here or there)
• 3x scanned Nigeria visa pages of my passport, and my data pages.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts for shoprite, pharmacy and cinema.
• Mobile phone top ups sent to hubbys mobile since June 2014, once a month.
• Rebtel Call logs from 10th July 2014-12th November 2015
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015 ( new phone in July so backed up by Facebook chats)
• Facebook inbox messages from June 2014-August 2015
• photos form each time I have traveled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

here is our time line

Country applying from: Nigeria
Type of visa applied for:Settlement-husband (non-priority)

7th November 2015 Application submitted online
13th November 2015 Biometrics done at VI ( day 1 of count down) tongue
13th November 2015 TLS updates to state application has been transferred to UKVI
13th November 2015 I posted my supporting evidence
16th November 2015 email from UKVI application has been received in Sheffield, UK
18th November 2015 TLS updated Your UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration
22nd January 2016 I received a call from UKVI in Sheffield asking me to attend an interview in London (10 full weeks)
27th January 2016 I attended the interview in London @3pm
2nd February 2016 Email from UKVI, A decision has been made on your UK Visa application (11.4 full weeks)
2nd February 2016 TLS updated UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision
4th February 2016 Documents returned to me (sponsor)
8th February 2016 TLS updated application ready for collection Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK.
9th February 2016 Hubby collected passport ,called me sounded sad (tease) then screamed with joy ENTRY CLEARANCE is there dated 5th Feb-6th March 2016 (decision was made 27th January the day I had the interview, biometrics card valid from 27/01/16-05/11/18 33 months)
9th February 2016 booked hubbys flight and he arrived on Saturday 13th February.

all the inf is on https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/180

check it out hope it helps smiley

2 Likes

Re: Niger Wives by Portsmouth86(f): 4:15am On Jun 13, 2016
bigfatthing:

Hello Mrs......... Please I wanna make some enquiries from you regarding your marriage in Nigeria. You said you got married In Nigeria, please what sort of documents were required of you at the customary court. Thanks in advance

Jeez this is going back lol

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/nigeria/uk/partner_local/opposite_sex for some information

we got married in Ikoyi Registry office in Lagos on 25 March 2015

My husband had to give notice at the registry when we intended to get married, no weekends were avail so went for a Wednesday

I came on a tourist visa

supplied my passport
passport photo
Divorce absolute from former marriage
my birth certificate
Application for marriage filled and signed

a day prior to marriage we attended marriage counselling which is mandatory in Nigeria (interesting experience)
Re: Niger Wives by N101: 7:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/nigeria/uk/partner_local/opposite_sex for some information

My husband had to give notice at the registry when we intended to get married, no weekends were avail so went for a Wednesday

I came on a tourist visa

supplied my passport
passport photo
my birth certificate

a day prior to marriage we attended marriage counselling which is mandatory in Nigeria (interesting experience)

Yeah, the "marriage counselling". I spent my time laughing throughout, I couldn't take it seriously. Plus the lady doing it was funny. Significant Other on the other hand was looking serious and tried to side eye me but I wasn't having it.

It depends on the local government. Our marriage counselling was on a Tuesday, apparently that's the day the LG ran it; weddings were on Thursdays and Saturdays except Sanitation Saturday in which case it was only Thursday that week. A friend who got married last November had the "marriage counselling" about a week before their wedding.
Re: Niger Wives by bigfatthing(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I came on a tourist visa

supplied my passport
passport photo
my birth certificate

Thanks a lot, that's really helpful

2 Likes

Re: Niger Wives by GRATEFULI: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2016
Good morning,
Please I would like to know the main process for a spouse visa. i'm presently about to apply but some of the words or option there are a bit confusing.
I opened the family visas option and the category, apply to join family living permanently in the UK.

After I clicked on apply online for this visa I was taken to the application page

But the challenge I have is what should i pick for my reason for visit among the options: visit, work, study, settlement, transit, other, exempt
then under the visa type and visa sub-type what should be my category. Or am i applying through the wrong route?

please help I am having serious challenge with the spouse visa thing since nothing is displayed there as spouse option.
Thank you all.
Re: Niger Wives by EZAKY: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
hi all am new here , please i applied for spouse visa march 9th and hubby send documents to Sheffield march 12th , got a reply from them to send return envelop which he did, and by 27th of May got the not straight forward email , now its 90 working days and still haven't heard anything from them, i called them yesterday they said they dont have any update on my file. any advise please?
Re: Niger Wives by Portsmouth86(f): 1:11am On Jul 28, 2016
EZAKY:
hi all am new here , please i applied for spouse visa march 9th and hubby send documents to Sheffield march 12th , got a reply from them to send return envelop which he did, and by 27th of May got the not straight forward email , now its 90 working days and still haven't heard anything from them, i called them yesterday they said they dont have any update on my file. any advise please?

GRATEFULI:
Good morning,
Please I would like to know the main process for a spouse visa. i'm presently about to apply but some of the words or option there are a bit confusing.
I opened the family visas option and the category, apply to join family living permanently in the UK.

After I clicked on apply online for this visa I was taken to the application page

But the challenge I have is what should i pick for my reason for visit among the options: visit, work, study, settlement, transit, other, exempt
then under the visa type and visa sub-type what should be my category. Or am i applying through the wrong route?

please help I am having serious challenge with the spouse visa thing since nothing is displayed there as spouse option.
Thank you all.

Good morning

My apologies, since my husband is now in the UK, I dont check this blog as often, unless I have a notification.

you are better to ask this information on the UK spouse visa pages, have a read through, or even post your query. Everyone is pretty helpful smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/191
Re: Niger Wives by MrsSholagbade16: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Table of contents
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. Dated 26th October
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
Table of contents
• Letter from landlady- confirming hubby can reside at the apartment which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• BT bills 6 months
Table of contents
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015 ( new phone in July so backed up by Facebook chats)
• photos form each time I have traveled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

here is our time line

13th November 2015 TLS updates to state application has been transferred to UKVI
16th November 2015 email from UKVI application has been received in Sheffield, UK
18th November 2015 TLS updated Your UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration
22nd January 2016 I received a call from UKVI in Sheffield asking me to attend an interview in London (10 full weeks)
2nd February 2016 Email from UKVI, A decision has been made on your UK Visa application (11.4 full weeks)
2nd February 2016 TLS updated UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision
8th February 2016 TLS updated application ready for collection Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK.
9th February 2016 Hubby collected passport ,called me sounded sad (tease) then screamed with joy ENTRY CLEARANCE is there dated 5th Feb-6th March 2016 (decision was made 27th January the day I had the interview, biometrics card valid from 27/01/16-05/11/18 33 months)
9th February 2016 booked hubbys flight and he arrived on Saturday 13th February.

all the inf is on https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/180

Thank you sooooo much for all ur help this is really helpful from me and my husband thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Wives by Portsmouth86(f): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
MrsSholagbade16:

Thank you sooooo much for all ur help this is really helpful from me and my husband thank you

no problem

i have now set up the FLR page for the next stage smiley
Re: Niger Wives by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Portsmouth86:

Table of contents
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
table of contents page
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
Table of contents
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• BT bills 6 months
Table of contents

here is our time line

dang the UK affidavit is more than the US
Re: Niger Wives by Dutch75: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2018
To get a Niger-wife visa is very simple,. contact me at dutch4me2002@yahoo.com
Re: Niger Wives by NaijaLawlor: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am an American attorney married to a Nigerian, I have been visiting Nigeria pre-COVID era up till date.
Please, I don't want to sound stupid but does it occur to everyone talking about this card that there is a difference between NIGER as a country and NIGERIA?
I'm sorry but as a legal practitioner, I ask a lot of questions.
There is no affiliation of this group - (which I deem as an NGO) with Nigerian Immigration System. Not a single mention or a link.
Looking at the response from the beginning of the thread, some response pointed to OIS which is a contractor for Nigerian federal government.
My last question is, who has obtained this and used it to enter Nigeria?
Are there any question(s) from Nigerian immigration?
I just want to verify if this is for real and legal?
Regards.
Re: Niger Wives by ezekiekizedon: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2023
Do you still need help or you've figured out out? I can help you with the procedure

Portsmouth86:
Hi all

I'm British born, living in the UK

I am not sure if this has been covered anywhere before, I did a search on Nairaland to no avail smiley

I travel a lot to Nigeria to see my husband, and we are living in separate countries due to the stringent UK immigration laws on spouse visas.

I have been to Nigeria 3 times in the last 12 months and each time I have had to get a visit visa which is in the region of £300 each time before flight tickets and antimalarial drugs.

If not for this I would be able to fly more often to see my hubby.

I came across this site after intrusive research and i think i have finally found the answer, I just need to know if i can apply for this CERPAC (Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Aliens Card)-Exempted Persons (Diplomats, Government Officials (GO’s), Niger-wives, Non Governmental Organization (NGO’s) are to be issued CERPAC Gratis.

the web link is http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=7

NIGER-WIVES

Formal letter of request from Nigerian husband accepting Immigration Responsibility
Formal letter of request from the wife
Photocopies of the first five (5) pages of husband’s Nigeria Standard passport
Photocopy of marriage Certificate
Duly completed form IMM22 in triplicate copies with three (3) recent passport photographs
Applicant’s National Passport

There is nothing that mentions if I need to be living in Nigeria to qualify for this, I would greatly appreciate any input from those who have or know of someone who has applied for this before.

Kind Regards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train Hits A Trailer In Kawo Kaduna / Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos / Heavy Traffic Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.