Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances (9923 Views)

Buhari Orders Opening Of Maritime University In Delta / US Cancels Three Reps’ Visas Over Sex Scandal, Dogara Orders Probe / Joshua Okpo Dies After Amaechi Ordered Probe Of N18bn Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2015
eromzee:
Dat my school oooo the cadet in academy are really suffering,even d so called rector self hand no clean self.
If you are still a CADET there, let me guess......... The incomplete new boys hostel behind Old hostel is still exactly the way It is when I left...... the supposed e-library has been completed but no equipment yet...... Joshua Epko is still giving mouth only promises during Solemn assembly after coming back from all those his useless trips around the globe with his bootilicious P.A and school fees keeps increasing, Madam Sule is still the queen of all provision sellers and still has the Naval Officers in her palms...... Am I right or wrong? grin
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by nigerianvenom(m): 11:56am On Nov 30, 2015
A thief probing another thief.
Mkpo aya aba
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Mufasa27(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ameachi orders probe... undecidedNigeria politics don turn comedy grin
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Vegasailin: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
I graduated from that school...im so happy for this development
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Vegasailin: 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
If you are still a CADET there, let me guess......... The incomplete new boys hostel behind Old hostel is still exactly the way It is when I left...... the supposed e-library has been completed but no equipment yet...... Joshua Epko is still giving mouth only promises during Solemn assembly after coming back from all those his useless trips around the globe with his bootilicious P.A and school fees keeps increasing, Madam Sule is still the queen of all provision sellers and still has the Naval Officers in her palms...... Am I right or wrong? grin

I graduated from that school this year...im happy abt this
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Jackrich: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
story for the zombies.
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by higherpower: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
wachakuta:

The minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amaechi has ordered a probe into the financial activities of the Maritime Academy of Nigeria (MAN), Oron, Akwa Ibom State and N18 billion remittances to the institution by the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) in the last five years.
The move to begin a full audit of the institution’s finances followed allegations of financial recklessness and large scale fraud levelled against the academy’s rector, Mr Joshua Okpo.

Ekpo was said to have stirred the hornet’s nest after series of accusations he levelled against NIMASA for starving the school of funds through the agency’s alleged flagrant refusal to release the statutory five per cent subvention funds to the school.

The minister was said to have summoned the management of NIMASA to his office and asked why it was sitting on the subvention of MAN, Oron.

However, the bubble burst when the minister was told by the acting director-general of NIMASA, Mr Haruna Jauro that the agency has remitted over N18 billion to the academy since 2009.
At the enquiry of the minister, the MAN rector, Okpo, said he only took over in 2011 to which NIMASA declared that a sum of N13 billion was remitted to the institution since the rector took over.

Alarmed by the quantum of the funds, the minister was said to have become livid with Okpo whom he said has told him ‘lies’ about the true situation of the disbursements.

When asked to explain what he has done with that huge sum against the backdrop of lack of physical infrastructural development of the institution, Ekpo was said to have given inconsistent and incoherent answer.

The minister therefore ordered immediate audit of all the amounts said to have been remitted to the institution since 2009.

https://mobile.facebook.com/APCNEWSALERT/posts/985824028125390?_rdr

I work I'm Maritime. This rector is fun or giving girls 5million Naira for recharge Cards. This is the best Probe n I trust Ameachi he will leave no stone on turn

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Abeymills(m): 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nonsense c who is probing wen dis ediot was probed n invited he ignored d panel fool
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Embroider(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
probe dem all and vomit people money wey dem carry
d transporter...
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Queengal: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Witch hunter
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by teddyYz: 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
Okpo d Politician
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by omegatwelve: 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
Amechi should be probed too...even his own people kicked against him becoming a minister. Becos of mismangement of fund and pumping the money meant for the state's welfare into apc's campaigns. His people demand his probe and all d money returned to dem. But our president vetoed to order his probe. Rather he went ahead appoited him as a minister. Saraki on his on side, in order to to settle his rift with the president he confirmed him. Now i'm asking is that the change? These and more are what have been happening in the previous administrations. Things will continue to get worse until government start fighting corruption ramdomly and not fighting those who are not in their court.
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by jungleflick(m): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
The lion of the tribe of ubima/Niger delta doin the job assigned me by Sai baba .......
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by IVORY2009(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
wachakuta:
Another Good Fufu and draw soup for d wailers... Pls ur detailed explanation of this is needed. Thank U in advance.

Who are the wailers? Name dem....
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by IVORY2009(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
175:
There goes the Agbero Chairman settling disputes between NURTW Oron Chapter and NURTW NIMSA Chapter.

gringringrin

Amaechi go deliver that's one thing for sure!

God Bless Nigeria!!!!!!

grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by MemeTroll: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
princeogbeide1:
who is going to sign and approve the project? When our Dullard traveled to Paris, I wonder what he knows about Climate change
nigga please this is you? And you're calling him a dullard when you look like a beggar off the streets in abv...

Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
Vegasailin:

I graduated from that school this year...im happy abt this
cheesy That's great..... I heard the fees were increased.
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
MemeTroll:
nigga please this is you? And you're calling him a dullard when you look like a beggar off the streets in abv...
The way some Nairalanders act online, you'll think they are some high calibre person but if you see them in reality, shame go catch u for being part of Nairaland.... Very bad attitude most people here have... see the guy beanie like say he use am dey work for building site. They just can't live according to their real life capacity. whether Buhari went to school or not, he has attained a height almost all graduates will never attain.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
higherpower:

I work I'm Maritime. This rector is fun or giving girls 5million Naira for recharge Cards. This is the best Probe n I trust Ameachi he will leave no stone on turn
Hehehee...... Dude, I concur..... The man gives away money as if he has printing press in his bedroom yet Cadets suffer like no tomorrow..... in fact, The Gallians in that school need probing too.... those gally guys re thieves.... grin
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by Gee15: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
God bless you ameachi ,that probe is very important ,how can a maritime academy not have GMDSS installed,ARPA RADAR installed and other simulators ,sir I support the probe .if you visit the school Ghana maritime university is not as big a oron yet they have things installed,sir it is better for a mariner to head that school so that the school can met up with the world standard ,seafarers are sad about the school,can't boast of any simulator yet we have master mariners sitting at home ,who should be heading the maritime academy ,sir I urge you to appoint a master mariner to head that school so that Nigeria maritime academy can meet the world standard.I hope this gets to you sir .Seun any help.
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by kennycalls(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
God bless Amaechi!! probe the shit out of them! Nigeria must be saved by fire by force!
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by princeogbeide1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
MemeTroll:

you are a camel
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by MemeTroll: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
The way some Nairalanders act online, you'll think they are some high calibre person but if you see them in reality, shame go catch u for being part of Nairaland.... Very bad attitude most people here have... see the guy beanie like say he use am dey work for building site. They just can't live according to their real life capacity. whether Buhari went to school or not, he has attained a height almost all graduates will never attain.
i swear man i just look at some of them and laugh fr.... this man has lead a country twice while this 1 is probably looking for admission.... people should mind their lanes and let the man work the nigga. Doesn't have facial hair surprisingly prolly never seen a shaving stick..
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by MemeTroll: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
princeogbeide1:

you are a camel
just shut up abeg you look starved go and eat
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
MemeTroll:
i swear man i just look at some of them and laugh fr.... this man has lead a country twice while this 1 is probably looking for admission.... people should mind their lanes and let the man work the nigga. Doesn't have facial hair surprisingly prolly never seen a shaving stick..
HEHEHEHE..... WICKED grin grin anyways...... there's nothing anyone on here can do that will affect the gradual process of Reformation Nigeria is undergoing..... Nigerians fail to understand that rushing to do anything will end up jeopardising every effort..... Rather work that is done with patience, diligence and slow pace to avoid mistakes end in good light faster than anything done in a hurry.... Nigerians want change but are expecting overnight change which is not supposed to be..... I.e.... TonyeBarcanista

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by princeogbeide1(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
MemeTroll:
just shut up abeg you look starved go and eat

you sound like an aquatic baboon. I cant exchange words wit uu any longer
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
HEHEHEHE..... WICKED grin grin anyways...... there's nothing anyone on here can do that will affect the gradual process of Reformation Nigeria is undergoing..... Nigerians fail to understand that rushing to do anything will end up jeopardising every effort..... Rather work that is done with patience, diligence and slow pace to avoid mistakes end in good light faster than anything done in a hurry.... Nigerians want change but are expecting overnight change which is not supposed to be..... I.e.... TonyeBarcanista
Wetin I do again?
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by MemeTroll: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
atleast there are reasonable people on here like you
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
MemeTroll:
atleast there are reasonable people on here like you
Thanks....
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Wetin I do again?
nothing bro.... I dey greet. grin
Re: Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
nothing bro.... I dey greet. grin
Greet you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sambisa Forest As Tourist Centre As Nigerian Army & Borno Government Collaborate / Oke Umurhohwo: Time To Put Homegrown School Feeding Scheme Through Scrutiny / Breaking: Ex- CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele Refunds N4trn To FG Coffers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.