Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Neymar's Right: Ronaldo Should Not Be On Ballon D'or Shortlist - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar's Right: Ronaldo Should Not Be On Ballon D'or Shortlist (424 Views)

Do You Think C. Ronaldo Should Be Rested After This New Look. / Lantansport Gives You The First 5 Nominees On Ballon D’or Shortlist / One Major Reason Why Cristiano Ronaldo Should Win The Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neymar's Right: Ronaldo Should Not Be On Ballon D'or Shortlist by Lanrexoyin: 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
The Portuguese was named along with Lionel Messi and the Brazil forward in the final three to win the prestigious prize, but Luis Suarez can consider himself unlucky to miss out

"Lionel Messi and I are here in Zurich every year," said Cristiano Ronaldo at the 2015 Ballon d'Or ceremony. And the world's two most famous footballers will be back in Switzerland again to dispute the individual award next January.

This time, however, the Portuguese is very fortunate to be named among the final three contenders.

The shortlist of three was revealed on Monday and Ronaldo was included alongside heavy favourite Messi and his team-mate Neymar, the Brazilian saying on the eve of the announcement that he believed Barcelona should complete a clean sweep after last season's treble triumph.

"I think I do deserve to be [among the finalists] for what I'm doing," he said. "I would be happy if the trident [Messi, Suarez, Neymar] were all in the three. Thanks to the history we are making and because of what we have conquered, all three of us should be there."

Indeed they should. The Ballon d'Or is awarded due to form in a specific calendar year and while Barca took time to come good under Luis Enrique in the final few months of 2014, they have dominated football in 2015, winning La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.

(1) (Reply)

Merry Bet Gold Nigeria Bonus Free Promotion Link Pick Up Now / Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? / Glo - Caf Awards: Nominees For All Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.