Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,976 members, 7,803,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? (997 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / We Are Igbos- Dakuku Peterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by adgorwell: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
The world is increasingly organized along larger political areas; consider the size of the USA, Canada, China, Brazil, India, Russia, and if you see the EU as a single polity, the EU. Therefore, it was of no interest for me to talk about a people whose entire area is, may be, one hundred miles across, north to south and West to East. Alaigbo is actually the size of some large counties in the USA! I certainly did not think of Biafra.

The term Biafra, I understand, is derived from the Portuguese village of Mafra; Africa is supposed to become decolonized and its European names replaced with African names. That notwithstanding, many Igbos have doubled down on their Portuguese name and insist on being called Biafrans. Shame on them! Their proper name is Alaigbo.
Continue reading on...
http://olalekanadigun.com/my-final-look-at-the-igbo-problem-of-nigeria-by-ozodi-osuji/
Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by jlinkd78(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
adgorwell:
The world is increasingly organized along larger political areas; consider the size of the USA, Canada, China, Brazil, India, Russia, and if you see the EU as a single polity, the EU. Therefore, it was of no interest for me to talk about a people whose entire area is, may be, one hundred miles across, north to south and West to East. Alaigbo is actually the size of some large counties in the USA! I certainly did not think of Biafra.

The term Biafra, I understand, is derived from the Portuguese village of Mafra; Africa is supposed to become decolonized and its European names replaced with African names. That notwithstanding, many Igbos have doubled down on their Portuguese name and insist on being called Biafrans. Shame on them! Their proper name is Alaigbo.
Continue reading on...
http://olalekanadigun.com/my-final-look-at-the-igbo-problem-of-nigeria-by-ozodi-osuji/
shame on u too. Nigeria (Niger Area) by Lugards wife means Area oc Darkness. Igbo is only a part of an area called Biafra so ur attempt to reduce d struggle wont fly, FYI Biafra is bigger in size to d ff independent countries Israel, Switzerland, Netherland, Singapore, Qatar, Equitorial Guinea etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by SasEbhohon(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
FTC....naija problem has layers
Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by Misternas89(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2015
I don't think so.....#ProudlyYorubaBoy
Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by basilo101: 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
why not talk about ur Oduastan and leave igbos to take whatever name they prefer

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by merxi55(f): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
adgorwell:

Continue reading on...
offcourse you know igbos cant be...Nigeria is a problem on its own...so long we have corruption filled leaders as a slogan...Nigeria can never be better...so dont even try to sound sentimental...cos e be lyk say ur igbo friends no gree u cheat dem dts y...no vex sha
Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
adgorwell:
That notwithstanding, many Igbos have doubled down on their Portuguese name and insist on being called Biafrans. Shame on them! Their proper name is Alaigbo.

Opened a thread just to say this. OK! Keep doing it
Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by ticking: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
Yes! Igbos are the problem of Nigeria and we should be let go to avoid causing more problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
adgorwell:

Continue reading on...

Your father is the problem of your mother..if not because of him your mother would have been enjoying her under the bridge hustle.....Yorubastard sucking on Igbo issues!
Quote me and die tonight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by monsterlobster: 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
:DEndtime ibos

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by fastjett: 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
This op need to go to hell and eat shiiittt
Re: Are Igbos The Problem Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
We the problem of Nigeria.
And now we are leaving Nigeria to Biafra,

Nigeria will now live happily ever after.

(1) (Reply)

Biafrs; We Are Brothers, And We Should Be Able To Live Together As One Big Famil / Embrace Peace,northern Youths Beg Biafra Agitators. / Anti-graft: EFCC Gets 7-day Notice To Return N1.9trn To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.