Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed (2455 Views)

Enugu Assembly Orders EEDC To Leave State Over Crazy Billing / Fayose Greeting Ooni Ogunwusi At Abuja Airport / Protest In Ogun Against Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by Josh316(m): 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
I'm writing this to ensure that someone from the AEDC, and Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission hear my voice and take me seriously, before a hefty lawsuit lands on their desks.

I am an Abuja resident, living in a two bedroom apartment at Mbora, Abuja. For close to three years, I have not had a meter. Fortunately, my landlord got a prepaid meter installed at my premises on the 11th of November, 2015.
Prior to this, I had been exploited, and robbed practically by the AEDC Jabi office. They initially started by issuing estimated bills for 800 units consumed, even during the worst of the blackouts in my area. Then the evil tariff increase was implemented early last year, while they continued issuing their billing for their fabled mirage of 800 units consumed in a two bedroom apartment! The theft then took a new twist with crazy increases in the estimated units from 800 in January to 1280 units in Feb, and kept fluctuating between 1000 units and 1360 units as recently as Oct this year.

When my meter was installed on the 11th of November, I had gone to the AEDC office to inform them about the meter which had been installed and to urge them on the need for the bill for November to capture only the first 11 days of the month. I also procured N8000 worth of units which came to 525 units. As i write this, i have used only 380 units of the 525 within the 19 days of the month. NOTHING in my house has changed and i still run my AC and my fridge and freezer are switched on as always. My bulbs have always been energy saving

Now imagine my shock and anger when I returned home today to receive a supposed November bill stating that i had used 1280 units of electricity!!! As in HOW!!!

For starters, I had previously engaged this same AEDC jabi office in a battle over illegal disconnections to my apartment over a couple of unpaid bills which had resulted from my continuous opposition to the blatant exploitation. I had written their office and copied the NERC and their AEDC HQ on the need to review this estimated bill downwards as it was unrealistic and exploitative. They refused to review this.

Now that I have this evidence of exploitation, I have written to their Twitter handle, Facebook and to their customer care and I will write and submit a letter to their HQ, copying the Federal Ministry of Power, EFCC, and NERC, requesting a review and refund of the exploited bills paid as well as compensation for the refusal to review my bills to near appropriate estimates. i am willing to engage AEDC in a legal battle for refund and compensation.

I had been paying N20,000 monthly to just cover the bills which ran into thousands, sometimes as high as N55,000 a month due to the crazy estimated bills.

Thank God i now have a meter, but I shudder to think that these people have milked hundreds of thousands of unmetered consumers for services mostly NOT rendered. This is wrong.

I will update the house on how the battle goes. If MTN could be fined, AEDC CAN be made to give account of their evil exploitation as a lesson and a warning to other Electricity Distribution Companies.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by cassyrooy(m): 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
End time Companies, created by end Time Gov't
Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by ministeriallist: 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
"

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
ministeriallist:
"I had been paying N20,000 monthly to just cover the bills which ran into thousands, sometimes as high as N55,000 a month due to the crazy estimated bills'"
Abaaaa! eberu olorun

Na lie jor

I'm not lying and I'll post pics tomorrow morning of my bills.. no be joke
Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by ministeriallist: 12:27am On Dec 01, 2015
josh4ever:

I felt u were just joking.

I will advise u go to their office @ zone 4 and insist the matter be resolved because that amount is outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by olumide81(m): 5:04am On Dec 01, 2015
55k for wetin! You get mortuary for house?

2 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by ideykwum: 5:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Find out where your Abuja Consumer Forum holds! Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission handles it! You channel your concerns there , it would be looked into!

If it was Phc, I would have assisted! Wish you luck!

quote author=Josh316 post=40562821]I'm writing this to ensure that someone from the AEDC, and Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission hear my voice and take me seriously, before a hefty lawsuit lands on their desks.

I am an Abuja resident, living in a two bedroom apartment at Mbora, Abuja. For close to three years, I have not had a meter. Fortunately, my landlord got a prepaid meter installed at my premises on the 11th of November, 2015.
Prior to this, I had been exploited, and robbed practically by the AEDC Jabi office. They initially started by issuing estimated bills for 800 units consumed, even during the worst of the blackouts in my area. Then the evil tariff increase was implemented early last year, while they continued issuing their billing for their fabled mirage of 800 units consumed in a two bedroom apartment! The theft then took a new twist with crazy increases in the estimated units from 800 in January to 1280 units in Feb, and kept fluctuating between 1000 units and 1360 units as recently as Oct this year.

When my meter was installed on the 11th of November, I had gone to the AEDC office to inform them about the meter which had been installed and to urge them on the need for the bill for November to capture only the first 11 days of the month. I also procured N8000 worth of units which came to 525 units. As i write this, i have used only 380 units of the 525 within the 19 days of the month. NOTHING in my house has changed and i still run my AC and my fridge and freezer are switched on as always. My bulbs have always been energy saving

Now imagine my shock and anger when I returned home today to receive a supposed November bill stating that i had used 1280 units of electricity!!! As in HOW!!!

For starters, I had previously engaged this same AEDC jabi office in a battle over illegal disconnections to my apartment over a couple of unpaid bills which had resulted from my continuous opposition to the blatant exploitation. I had written their office and copied the NERC and their AEDC HQ on the need to review this estimated bill downwards as it was unrealistic and exploitative. They refused to review this.

Now that I have this evidence of exploitation, I have written to their Twitter handle, Facebook and to their customer care and I will write and submit a letter to their HQ, copying the Federal Ministry of Power, EFCC, and NERC, requesting a review and refund of the exploited bills paid as well as compensation for the refusal to review my bills to near appropriate estimates. i am willing to engage AEDC in a legal battle for refund and compensation.

I had been paying N20,000 monthly to just cover the bills which ran into thousands, sometimes as high as N55,000 a month due to the crazy estimated bills.

Thank God i now have a meter, but I shudder to think that these people have milked hundreds of thousands of unmetered consumers for services mostly NOT rendered. This is wrong.

I will update the house on how the battle goes. If MTN could be fined, AEDC CAN be made to give account of their evil exploitation as a lesson and a warning to other Electricity Distribution Companies.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by Pavore9: 6:43am On Dec 01, 2015
That is sheer exploitation. Prepaid meter saves one a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 01, 2015
olumide81:
55k for wetin! You get mortuary for house?

I have never been so shocked in my life.
Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by sinkhole: 7:03am On Dec 01, 2015
josh4ever:

Bros, you need not bring any evidence, I beleive you hoha! Im in Lafia and what AEDC is doing is absolute criminality, if you want go to court, bros I will be right behind you and if you need any financial hola, and let me know!
AEDC give crazy bill for goods not supplied, at least MTN dey supply something but yet they were fined!

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=ideykwum post=40566239]Find out where your Abuja Consumer Forum holds! Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission handles it! You channel your concerns there , it would be looked into!

If it was Phc, I would have assisted! Wish you luck!

Thanks, I'll make enquiries about this consumer forum and make all efforts to attend. I'm also writing to NERC to have this investigated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by Sanuzi(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
God win oooooooooooooo.
Josh316:
I'm writing this to ensure that someone from the AEDC, and Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission hear my voice and take me seriously, before a hefty lawsuit lands on their desks.

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by lanbaba: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Make easy payment for your AEDC Abuja Electric prepaid online in 3 easy steps. visit https://www.vtpass.com/abuja-electric

Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by dahaz(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
I think NERC needs to do something about this AEDC. The complain from their customers is getting too much. The other day minna people have to embark on protest to demand for electricity in the town. If they cant continue let govt take over the running of the disco
Re: Fraudulent Billing At Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Exposed by uzobtc: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
expresstopup.ng helps you to conviniently buy Aedc electricity units for your prepaid meter using our website. It's fast, easy and secured. You can also pay for your DStv, Gotv and Startimes subscription too.

Why not give us a try when next you need to buy electricity

(1) (Reply)

Why Most Tribe In Nigeria Hate Ibo People / Congrats Abians: Alex Otti Declared Winner (confirmed) / Yoruba Ronu Ooooo (yoruba, Lets Think)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.