Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:19 AM

Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect (24712 Views)

Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by paragon40(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

In the eyes of the law, Audu had not been elected as at the time he died. Therefore, Faleke had not become a deputy governor elect.
thank God u said in the eyes of the law wc law did the Agf/Inec/Apc relied upon to bring in y.bello...any provision whatsoever??...if I should go with u den wada of the pdp is right that Audus votes died with him hence he (wada) should be declared winner....secondly are u suggesting that during an election the position of a running mate is a figure head??

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by PassingShot(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2015
paragon40:
thank God u said in the eyes of the law wc law did the Agf/Inec/Apc relied upon to bring in y.bello...any provision whatsoever??...if I should go with u den wada of the pdp is right that Audus votes died with him hence he (wada) should be declared winner....secondly are u suggesting that during an election the position of a running mate is a figure head??
For the fact that the election was declared inconclusive, no one has been elected.
The law relied upon by apc to bring Bellow is contained in the Electoral Act that stipulates that for anyone to be fit for election, he or she must have participated in the party's primaries. Faleke didn't participate in the primaries while Bello came second behind Audu.

I could have helped you with the section of the Electoral Act but I'm on the move now.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by zara111: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2015
faleke stood by the late aspirant all through upto his death but because his own God father is not the Cin C he is loosing out.As an igala person we will prefer Faleke the deputy instead of Yahaya Bello.the consequences of this decision is unimaginable.Wtach out

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by alabi484(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:
Without me as a deputy governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu would not have been qualified to run for the election.”

Pride goes before a fall. At the end of the day, Faleke will end up with nothing
don't get it twisted... he's referring to the constitution which says that a candidate must av a deputy in order to be eligible to contest... no be pride... hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by vRendoh(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2015
grin grin grin grin

Falake had not contested to be a Governor! He was picked to be an assistance which he accepted and prayed and wished to be until after the unfortunate death of the Governor to be. I still cannot understand his reason for the change of heart! If he truly wished to be Audu assistance for the next four years, why the sudden change of heart?. na wa o!. In the queue of men that wished to be Governor next to Audu is Bello. Why not still remain the deputy u prayed and wished for the next four years. The Court dey there for them looking for power! More money to the SANs

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:
Without me as a deputy governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu would not have been qualified to run for the election.”

Pride goes before a fall. At the end of the day, Faleke will end up with nothing
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by ybalogs(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2015
This life Sha, Faleke is now trending trying to use a rapist to achieve his aim. Anyways, APC has got to handle this situation well to avoid a really big mess. One thing that's sure is PDP is no longer APC's problem in kogi, it's now APC Vs APC.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

For the fact that the election was declared inconclusive, no one has been elected.
The law relied upon by apc to bring Bellow is contained in the Electoral Act that stipulates that for anyone to be fit for election, he or she must have participated in the party's primaries. Faleke didn't participate in the primaries while Bello came second behind Audu.

I could have helped you with the section of the Electoral Act but I'm on the move now.

Party primaries aspect of the electoral act was fulfilled before the commencement of the election with Audu/Faleke ticket. Considering the fact that Audu's death is a "force majeure", Faleke is qualified to lead the race to conclusion.

I support Faleke seeking redress in the court. If the court does not favour him (even the lawyers are confused), Faleke should quit so that Bello can chose his own running mate, and that will amount to a fresh election, involving all political parties.

As it stands now, Faleke can not have a cordial working relationship under Bello. Should Bello become governor, Faleke will most likely be impeached, to allow Bello pick a deputy gov of his choice. Should Faleke hold on to be disgraced later? I say a big NO. Therefore, Faleke should refuse all temptations to remain a second fiddle. Faleke should know that his political future is already bright without this election.

I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Ephemmm: 11:20am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=PassingShot post=40569367] [s]As desirable as it might be even for APC to field Faleke over Bello, doing so will amount to knowingly handing over the governorship to Wada through the courts because Wada will then have a very strong case against Faleke, on the ground that he didn't go through the primaries as stipulated by the Electoral Act.

Fielding Yahaya Bello has effectively killed Wada's faint hope of gaining the governorship through the court, at least.

And should Faleke even win in court against APC's fielding of Bello, it is still APC that gets the governorship, not PDP.

So, politically and legally speaking, APC has gone with the safest option in Yahaya Bello.[/[/s] quote]

The office of Deputy was constitutionally created to cater for emergencies like this, and the only candidate recognized in the face of law up till now is Audu and Faleke.

As a rule, if the acting principal vacates his office, his deputy steps in: stop displaying your ignorance here: Faleke has a valid case in the court of law if he didn't give up.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by cirmuell(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

You don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maupe: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2015
alabi484:

don't get it twisted... he's referring to the constitution which says that a candidate must av a deputy in order to be eligible to contest... no be pride... hope you understand.
He was referring to his purported followership in the Ebira community. Don't twist his statement.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Lekison(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2015
MyMouth:

Is it a lie? Did he win his LG? And those guys talking actually won there LG or contributed one way or the other to the victory of the party. What did yahaya do? He was busy sponsoring PDP!
better person
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by PassingShot(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2015
jamace:

Party primaries aspect of the electoral act was fulfilled before the commencement of the election with Audu/Faleke ticket. Considering the fact that Audu's death is a "force majeure", Faleke is qualified to lead the race to conclusion.

I support Faleke seeking redress in the court. If the court does not favour him (even the lawyers are confused), Faleke should quit so that Bello can chose his own running mate, and that will amount to a fresh election, involving all political parties.

As it stands now, Faleke can not have a cordial working relationship under Bello. Should Bello become governor, Faleke will most likely be impeached, to allow Bello pick a deputy gov of his choice. Should Faleke hold on to be disgraced later? I say a big NO. Therefore, Faleke should refuse all temptations to remain a second fiddle. Faleke should know that his political future is already bright without this election.

I rest my case.
Of course Faleke should try his luck in court. Who knows? My point is, APC has gone with its best option of all available options. At least, PDP chance of winning through the court is very diminished by picking Bello instead of Faleke. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Lekison(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2015
Lytech:
Funny you faleke.... Is dat why u kill Audu?
did u say killed Audu?
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2015
wellmax:

Will you answer my question or keep your childishness to your self. Is Tinubu the courts to decide, abi Faleke a two time LG chairman and one time HOR member cannot be ambitious despite what we think about it? Abeg park well.
Keep your senselessness to yourself.

Tinubu wants to export the Lagos formula to Kogi but Kogi people are having none of it.

He thinks he can force his man Friday Faleke down the throat of the people of Kogi State. Unfortunately for the power hungry potentate, what worked in Osun and other South West states is proving to be dead on arrival in the confluence state.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by ogoplus: 11:30am On Dec 01, 2015
zara111:
Yahaya Bello left APC and refused to campaign with late Prince Abubakar Audu all through and mobilizes against election

Your assertion is correct.....

Yahaya truly do not deserve the party's ticket as a replacement for Late Audu.

In this circumstance the APC leaders had no choice but to give him the slot because the Nigerian Electoral Act says the party's flag bearer must have participated in the primaries.....

And APC cannot conduct fresh primaries....

That part of the Electoral Act disqualified Falake......He did not stand as a candidate during the party's primaries.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Of course Faleke should try his luck in court. Who knows? My point is, APC has gone with its best option of all available options. At least, PDP chance of winning through the court is very diminished by picking Bello instead of Faleke. I rest my case.
Should Faleke accepts to be deputy to Bello, after winning the election, Bello will ensure Faleke is impeached. Already, the bad blood between the two is very obvious. Faleke should refuse to be USED AND DUMPED.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by ogoplus: 11:37am On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Exactly, what APC did by choosing Yayaha is to diminish PDP's chances of winning through the courts.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 11:41am On Dec 01, 2015
ogoplus:

Your assertion is correct.....

Yahaya truly do not deserve the party's ticket as a replacement for Late Audu.

In this circumstance the APC leaders had no choice but to give him the slot because the Nigerian Electoral Act says the party's flag bearer must have participated in the primaries.....

And APC cannot conduct fresh primaries....

That part of the Electoral Act disqualified Falake......[b]He did not stand as a candidate during the party's primaries.[/b]

The highlighted is only valid before the commencement of an election and it was duly fulfilled by Audu/Faleke ticket. You cannot be requesting for party primaries in the face of a force majeure and with the race 90% completed. Bello should be running mate to Faleke and not the other way round.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2015
maestroferddi:

Tinubu wants to export the Lagos formula to Kogi but Kogi people are having none of it.

He thinks he can force his man Friday Faleke down the throat of the people of Kogi State. Unfortunately for the power hungry potentate, what worked in Osun and other South West states is proving to be dead on arrival in the confluence state.

What you are saying is an after thought. If the people of Kogi did not want Faleke, why did they not reject him before the commencement of the election? Did the concerned Kogi people institute any court case against the candidacy of Faleke? NO. So, those who are against Faleke but refused to do the needful, should forever keep shut. It is a belated issue, and null and void.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by alaskido(m): 11:53am On Dec 01, 2015
The end result of all this wailing is power and money. End of story. If a governors salary was NGN 300K, his official car a Peugeot 505 and if he steals and is caught the punishment will be death by hanging, you will not hear all this shout. No one will even go into politics.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
alaskido:
The end result of all this wailing is power and money. End of story. If a governors salary was NGN 300K, his official car a Peugeot 505 and if he steals and is caught the punishment will be death by hanging, you will not hear all this shout. No one will even go into politics.
grin grin
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by wellmax(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
maestroferddi:

Childish blabbing and ranting as expected. I will have none of it.
But one a word of advice, your obsession with Tinubu will do you no good.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by baby124: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Very good. APC is becoming a clownish and confused party. Lacking any brain and playing divisive politics.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
jamace:

What you are saying is an after thought. If the people of Kogi did not want Faleke, why did they not reject him before the commencement of the election? Did the concerned Kogi people institute any court case against the candidacy of Faleke? NO. So, those who are against Faleke but refused to do the needful, should forever keep shut. It is a belated issue, and null and void.
People like you are either jumping the gun or being smart by a half on this Kogi issue.

Going by the way you guys are sounding off on the issue, a less perceptive person may think that Faleke's case is a fait accompli or a close and shut one.

But you guys are grievously misguided here. Faleke's argument will be extinguished with legal technicalities. Going by the electoral act and sundry extant laws, the right to succession of a deputy over a principal only comes into effect over a concluded election. As it stands, this election in question is inconclusive/yet to be concluded so Faleke's thesis falls flat on its face. There is no way Faleke's or indeed his backers can make something out of nothing. The last I checked they are no miracle workers.

Their case is further exacerbated by a Supreme Court precedent that electoral mandates are the sole repositories of political parties. The constitution is incognizant of independent candidature.

It ought to have struck you folks why INEC made recourse to APC after the demise of Audu. That they didn't factor Faleke into the equation shows that he was never a consideration ab initio.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by k2kay(m): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
luvinhubby:
This report is well watered down.

Currently Kogi state is boiling with armed youths shooting everywhere.
Okene & Lokoja is under total lock down. Abuja Lokoja-Abuja highway is blocked from traffic.

Hope APC will not plunge this nation into the anarchy GEJ averted for us.
as far as i am concerned, i can state authoritatively that okene and lokoja is not under lockdown
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Lytech(m): 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lekison:
did u say killed Audu?
its obvious now
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
maestroferddi:
People like you are either jumping the gun or being smart by a half on this Kogi issue.

Going by the way you guys are sounding off on the issue, a less perceptive person may think that Faleke's case is a fait accompli or a close and shut one.

But you guys are grievously misguided here. Faleke's argument will be extinguished with legal technicalities. Going by the electoral act and sundry extant laws, the right to succession of a deputy over a principal only comes into effect over a concluded election. As it stands, this election in question is inconclusive/yet to be concluded so Faleke's thesis falls flat on its face. There is no way Faleke's or indeed his backers can make something out of nothing. The last I checked they are no miracle workers.

Their case is further exacerbated by a Supreme Court precedent that electoral mandates are the sole repositories of political parties. The constitution is incognizant of independent candidature.

It ought to have struck you folks why INEC made recourse to APC after the demise of Audu. That they didn't factor Faleke into the equation shows that he was never a consideration ab initio.

Faleke was never a consideration ab initio? You must be joking!
I put it to you that Faleke was the fulfilment of the constitutional and electoral requirement for APC to have participated in the governorship election in Kogi state.

Do you expect INEC to request for a replacement of Faleke before? Because INEC requested for a replacement for Audu does not mean that the replacement must be the captain, but just to complete the team to enable the election to be concluded. Neither the constitution nor the electoral acts stipulated that the replacement must be the captain of the team. Therefore, naturally, Faleke being the deputy takes the captainship of the team. Also, the issue of force majeure makes Faleke duly qualified to be the captain of the team.

With due respect, I feel the decision of the party to make Bello the captain over Faleke goes beyond issue of party primaries but a subtle means to fulfil some hitherto ambition by a group in the party.

Finally, for the umpteenth time, I urge Faleke not to accept the position of a deputy. It is either full measure or he should withdraw from the election completely.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by luvinhubby(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
k2kay:

as far as i am concerned, i can state authoritatively that okene and lokoja is not under lockdown
If you need to reconfirm.
https://www.nairaland.com/2773572/lokoja-okene-road-no-go-route
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by oyxah(f): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
luvinhubby:
This report is well watered down.

Currently Kogi state is boiling with armed youths shooting everywhere.
Okene & Lokoja is under total lock down. Abuja Lokoja-Abuja highway is blocked from traffic.

Hope APC will not plunge this nation into the anarchy GEJ averted for us.
Don't say what you don't know. Okene and Lokoja under total lockdown since when please? Armed youths shooting everywhere, when and how biko? At least i am presently in Kogi state and i cant completely relate to this news. Stop spreading false information just because you want to contribute.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by luvinhubby(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
oyxah:

Don't say what you don't know. Okene and Lokoja under total lockdown since when please? Armed youths shooting everywhere, when and how biko? At least i am presently in Kogi state and i cant completely relate to this news. Stop spreading false information just because you want to contribute.
Ajaokuta is neither Lokoja nor Okene,but still in Kogi state.
I'm telling you to believe.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by egobetatoday: 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lytech:
Funny you faleke....
Is dat why u kill Audu?

the funny thing is that the son of the deceased have such a high spirit, one would have to wonder if he is even mourning his father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oraifite, Anambra Bans IPOB Members, Masqueraders / President Buhari Appoints Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim As DG, NAPTIP / Joe Anekhu Ohiani Has No Primary School Certificate — Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.