Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,145 members, 7,780,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:23 AM

Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect (24709 Views)

Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by k2kay(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
luvinhubby:

If you need to reconfirm.
https://www.nairaland.com/2773572/lokoja-okene-road-no-go-route
it was a route i took today, i tell u there is nothing of such happening...left okene for lokoja and am still there now. all is calm atleast presently. i once again wish to state authoritatively that the roads are safe, no restriction of movement and people are going
about their daily business. dont mind the rumour peddlers
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by aliscomonaj: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
After killing my uncle, they are now fighting for who to become the governor. God de oooooo
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by sen8or(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:
Without me as a deputy governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu would not have been qualified to run for the election.”

Pride goes before a fall. At the end of the day, Faleke will end up with nothing
Do u remember he remains a member of the Parliament
which gives him something to fall back.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by ubcandid(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:
Without me as a deputy governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu would not have been qualified to run for the election.”

Pride goes before a fall. At the end of the day, Faleke will end up with nothing

I THINK YOU GOT HIS STATEMENT THERE OUT OF CONTEXT... WHEN HE SAID "WITHOUT ME AS DEPUTY GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE, PRINCE AUDU WOULD NOT HAVE BEING QUALIFIED .....

he made that comment from a legal and constitutional point of view and not egocentric as you twined it to be...

3 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maupe: 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
sen8or:
Do u remember he remains a member of the Parliament
which gives him something to fall back.
From almost becoming a deputy Governor, to slumping to the class of those who chorus ay and Nay. I consider that as nothing.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by oyxah(f): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
luvinhubby:

Ajaokuta is neither Lokoja nor Okene,but still in Kogi state.
I'm telling you to believe.
who's talking about ajaokuta?? Re-read and understand.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Elle277(f): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
APC nawa o...PDP will soon take over your glory in that state,,una be pickin?

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by lailai23: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:
As desirable as it might be even for APC to field Faleke over Bello, doing so will amount to knowingly handing over the governorship to Wada through the courts because Wada will then have a very strong case against Faleke, on the ground that he didn't go through the primaries as stipulated by the Electoral Act.

Fielding Yahaya Bello has effectively killed Wada's faint hope of gaining the governorship through the court, at least.

And should Faleke even win in court against APC's fielding of Bello, it is still APC that gets the governorship, not PDP.

So, politically and legally speaking, APC has gone with the safest option in Yahaya Bello.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by XaintJoel20: 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

This is not pride. He only stated the obvious. The law stipulates that a governorship candidate must nominate a deputy and Faleke was fortunate to be nominated by Prince Audu Abubakar.
What I can figure out from this whole scenario is sectionalism, religious bigotry, and ethnic marginalization. Faleke is a Christian and also from the suppose minority.
Sentiment apart...
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by itsme9jaG(f): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
ghen ghen. APC self distraught. I however don't understand the concept of replacing a governorship candidate, Bello should have been made the deputy instead.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by JohnReese: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
Which force oga ade? Tinubu's relevance ended after the elections, he was used by buhari. Attention will soon shift to fashola, just wait let fash turn power ministry around and achieve success. None of thief-nubu's ministerial nominees made it, it's a sign he's loosing it, and now hewants to to control kogi state. Kogi people reject him with passion
shidof:
ur hatred for tinubu will soon consume u if care is not taken. U said dt he's dormant, he's not relevant again. But, not a single day without u and ur co-sickler pa chukudi not mentioning his name. Tinubu may not be perfect,but he's still a force to reckon with as far as Nigeria politics is concern tdy. Even, more active and relevant than ur adopted hero.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
jamace:

Faleke was never a consideration ab initio? You must be joking!
I put it to you that Faleke was the fulfilment of the constitutional and electoral requirement for APC to have participated in the governorship election in Kogi state.

Do you expect INEC to request for a replacement of Faleke before? Because INEC requested for a replacement for Audu does not mean that the replacement must be the captain, but just to complete the team to enable the election to be concluded. Neither the constitution nor the electoral acts stipulated that the replacement must be the captain of the team. Therefore, naturally, Faleke being the deputy takes the captainship of the team. Also, the issue of force majeure makes Faleke duly qualified to be the captain of the team.

With due respect, I feel the decision of the party to make Bello the captain over Faleke goes beyond issue of party primaries but a subtle means to fulfil some hitherto ambition by a group in the party.

Finally, for the umpteenth time, I urge Faleke not to accept the position of a deputy. It is either full measure or he should withdraw from the election completely.
Thankfully legal interpretations are not amenable to emotional whims and capricious outbursts.

Go through what you are trying to posit and tell me whether it can pass through the crucible of basic critical thinking let alone the rigorous acid test of legal appositeness.

The last time I checked they don't have dolts superintending over INEC. The request from INEC couldn't have been clearer. APC was required to replace the principal in the joint ticket and not some hapless deputy/subordinate.

Technically speaking the process that could have set off Faleke's entitlement got stillborn. All parties must as a matter of propriety and convenience maintain the status quo ante which in this case translates to prosecuting the process to the ultimate end with the replacement of the principal.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
maestroferddi:
Thankfully legal interpretations are not amenable to emotional whims and capricious outbursts.

Go through what you are trying to posit and tell me whether it can pass through the crucible of basic critical thinking let alone the rigorous acid test of legal appositeness.

The last time I checked they don't have dolts superintending over INEC. The request from INEC couldn't have been clearer. APC was required to replace the principal in the joint ticket and not some hapless deputy/subordinate.

Technically speaking the process that could have set off Faleke's entitlement got stillborn. All parties must as a matter of propriety and convenience maintain the status quo ante which in this case translates to prosecuting the process to the ultimate end with the replacement of the principal.
Sadly your legal interpretation remains your mere emotional outbursts which has failed basic qualitative reasoning. If you think Faleke's entitlement is stillborn, then the election as a whole is stillborn.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by shidof(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
JohnReese:
Which force oga ade? Tinubu's relevance ended after the elections, he was used by buhari. Attention will soon shift to fashola, just wait let fash turn power ministry around and achieve success. None of thief-nubu's ministerial nominees made it, it's a sign he's loosing it, and now hewants to to control kogi state. Kogi people reject him with passion
ur wish, either his ministers made it or not. His political successor are still dere. Name any of ur region's champion dt surpassed him. Both living and dead

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
jamace:
Sadly your legal interpretation remains your mere emotional outbursts which has failed basic qualitative reasoning. If you think Faleke's entitlement is stillborn, then the election as a whole is stillborn.
An African proverb has that it is pointless arguing over wrestling prowess where there is ample ground space for settling the dispute once for all.

The case is out there both in the public and juridical domains. Let's see which way the cat would jump but be rest assured that Faleke's protestations would amount to an exercise in futility.

His case is as weak as an over-diluted sample of carbonic acid.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Cleverman2020: 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
This is the same Faleke that represents a constituency in Lagos in the lower chamber. Where was he during the primaries? He must be on drugs.
They should strip him of that Deputyship. He is an ingrate
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
maestroferddi:
An African proverb has that it is pointless arguing over wrestling prowess where there is ample ground space for settling the dispute once for all.

The case is out there both in the public and juridical domains. Let's see which way the cat would jump but be rest assured that Faleke's protestations would amount to an exercise in futility.

His case is as weak as an over-diluted sample of carbonic acid.
By the time you finish your legal acid and base chemical reaction, Faleke's withdrawal will legally neutralise the compound without any crystal left in the crucible. grin
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by tomzman: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
The truth is APC went with the safest option. The court would have a lot of work to do in the coming days.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
jamace:
By the time you finish your legal acid and base chemical reaction, Faleke's withdrawal will legally neutralise the compound without any crystal left in the crucible. grin
I earned it nonetheless...
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
maestroferddi:
I earned it nonetheless...
Yes, Faleke earned it notwithstanding.... cheesy
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
jamace:
Yes, Faleke earned it notwithstanding.... cheesy
Faleke didn't earn jack.

If there is anything he earned, it was being one of Tinubu's men Friday.

Unfortunately for him though, the lease of largesse he has been enjoying inappropriately is about running out. Kogi people ended up finding Tinubu's overtures and machinations repugnant.

Take it from me, Faleke will not be a substantive governor of Kogi state. Not even with ten Tinubus trying to push his candidature...
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by malenko01(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
dis pple de confuse us
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Chidoxyl(m): 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
I have actually taken my time 2 read all d views expressed on this front. And I must say that all views 4 & against Faleke are showing how intelligent Nigerians are. I'm proud 2 be ONE! One of d great Nigerians on this front!! My son must study Nairaland as a course in d university (on a lighter note).

Back to d subject matter, i must be quick to say that all views expressed 4 & against Faleke has got their merits & demerits. A big job 4 our judiciary system 2 show d world that Nigeria has indeed joined d comity of great nations.

In all of these, my mind is troubled with d very disturbing question of: WHO KILLED PRINCE ABUBAKAR AUDU, and 4 what reason? Could it be any of;

1. GOD (why did GOD allow him 2 die at a time as this);

2. WADA (could he have killed his opponent having seeing signs b4 d election that he will lose 2 Audu);

3. FALEKE (was there any time he fancied his chances (d chances of a Kogi minority) of becoming a full governor, but mistimed his calculation);

4. YAHAYA (was he not happy with d way d primary went & he felt doing it d time Audu died would afford him d opportunity he's at d verge of enjoying)?

Somebody should please hellllllllllp!
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by donphilopus: 12:01am On Dec 02, 2015
oyxah:

who's talking about ajaokuta?? Re-read and understand.

Na Ebira girl fine like this Chai. . Ozi ohi kwe kwe, nwa ooo. .Wadahi
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by adinoyiM(m): 12:20am On Dec 02, 2015
luvinhubby:
This report is well watered down.

Currently Kogi state is boiling with armed youths shooting everywhere.
Okene & Lokoja is under total lock down. Abuja Lokoja-Abuja highway is blocked from traffic.

Hope APC will not plunge this nation into the anarchy GEJ averted for us.

What is the source of your information, please? Are you in Kogi State?
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by JohnReese: 7:12am On Dec 02, 2015
Why are u changing it oga ade. I am not even from kogi, so shutt the fucck up. Thief-Nubu's reign ended with d last election. He knows he will loose more south west states so he's just looking for other states to complement, but sorry, kogi people will not take dat poo datur likes in the south west are taking
shidof:
ur wish, either his ministers made it or not. His political successor are still dere. Name any of ur region's champion dt surpassed him. Both living and dead
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by JohnReese: 7:12am On Dec 02, 2015
Nothing like dat, I'm in lokoja right now
adinoyiM:

What is the source of your information, please? Are you in Kogi State?
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2015
maestroferddi:
Faleke didn't earn jack.

If there is anything he earned, it was being one of Tinubu's men Friday.

Unfortunately for him though, the lease of largesse he has been enjoying inappropriately is about running out. Kogi people ended up finding Tinubu's overtures and machinations repugnant.

Take it from me, Faleke will not be a substantive governor of Kogi state. Not even with ten Tinubus trying to push his candidature...
And Bello knows he is being forced to steal a mandate.

Unfortunately, your claim about Tinubu's machination has not passed through the crucible of basic critical thinking let alone the rigorous acid test of legal appositeness. You could be sued for libel. Be warned!
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by alabi484(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2015
maupe:

He was referring to his purported followership in the Ebira community. Don't twist his statement.
If that's what you feel... I don't quite agree sha.
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by maestroferddi: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2015
jamace:

And Bello knows he is being forced to steal a mandate.

Unfortunately, your claim about Tinubu's machination has not passed through the crucible of basic critical thinking let alone the rigorous acid test of legal appositeness. You could be sued for libel. Be warned!
The joke is on you amorphous APC elements!

I am afraid I will be the first suing your sorry behind for plagiarising my registers barring authorisation.

The choice is yours as per Tinubu: liberate yourself or remain a perpetual serf/minion...
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by Chidoxyl(m): 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Chidoxyl:
http://naijaparrot.com/confusion-rocks-apcinec-as-faleke-refuses-to-become-bellos-deputy/
It will be foolhardy for Faleke to accept second fiddle position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Administration More Clueless Than Jonathan’s – Chibok Girls’ Mother / Pro-buhari Supporters Hold Rally To Welcome President To US (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / Natasha Akpoti Declares For Kogi Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.