Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' (2501 Views)

Barcelona Fans Rejoice As Madrid Slips / Arsenal Fan Loses House To Manchester United Fan In Match Bet / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by MrTpia: 2:15pm On May 28, 2009
A Manchester United fan in Nigeria killed four people when he drove his minibus into a crowd of Barcelona supporters after his team lost the Champions League final, according to police.

A crowd in the town of Ogbo were celebrating Barcelona’s victory after last night’s match when the bus drove into them. A police spokeswoman said 10 people were injured and the driver was arrested.

“The driver had passed the crowd then made a U-turn and ran into them,” she said.

Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0 in the final in Rome. Both teams have large fan bases in Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article6379465.ece
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by naso2(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2009
later some mumu go say na only chelsea get thugs as fans
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by tayoccu(m): 3:45pm On May 28, 2009
hmmn. . .
. . .this thread looks familiar. . .
. . . now i remember there was a thread like this last year, when the mancs beat the b'lose last year, when a b'lose supporter ran into a crowd of mancs.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by MrCrackles(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by Krayola(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2009
Damn!! Just sad!!
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by presido1: 4:45pm On May 28, 2009
Bad news.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by blacksta(m): 5:41pm On May 28, 2009
nigerians are half baked nit wits who are going to follow oyinbo to the grave. Useless people - following a league that does know you all exist. while they are enjoying and improving their leagues the so called Nigerian supporters remains broke and busted. Can somebody please tell me what income is generated from Nigeria to the european league, absolute nather with all the fake merchandise.

Can you imagine a stupid African committed suicide when arsenal lost UCL. how stupid can one get. And at the same time an Arsenal player went clubbing that same night to early morning.

Another one has killed people because of football - Where the european club does not know u exist

Why does Nigerians take things to the extreme. All over the world no incidents was reported but come to africa na different matter

Doomed Country.

Big joke.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by NicolasN: 7:22pm On May 28, 2009
Even the British did not kill themselves it is this Nigerians.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by batusi(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2009
Ok so some true Man U fans (i.e. the ones living over here in the UK) have been waiting for this all season and got dissapointed after travelling all the way to Rome even taking leave (for those of them working). At the end, they didn't kill anyone. Then some idiot that wants to show loyalty to a club from half way around the world goes and takes the life of others and feels like "a hard man". IDIOT!! shame on that guy, Ryan Giggs and Co. had a wonderful night sleep in their hotel. Alex Ferguson had a brilliant press conference afterwards and guess what tomorrow is friday end of week and all the players are screaming TGIF cos it's another 90k+ pounds for all the players in their account. That guy needs to travel and see that Nigerian fans are taking this thing a little too personal for their own good and it might be mistaken for ILLITERACY (in his case na Landlord travel and see syndrome). By the way I'm a very loyal Liverpool fan and don't even wear the Liverpool Jersey cos more Nigerians wear Premier League jerseys back home than even the Premier League fans in the UK and so I wear a Nigerian Jersey, it's so unique and " e make sense".

BOTTOM LINE, MAKE THIS PEOPLE NO DEY TOO CARRY THIS THING FOR HEAD COS NO BE THEIR PAPA WORK. WHICH LEVEL!!!
LISTEN TO JULIUS AGWU AND FIND YOUR OWN WORKSHOP.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by unix4real1(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2009
The guy must be a Chelsea Fan before he joined Man U grin
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by sosisi(f): 2:22am On May 29, 2009
who is the poster
mr Tpia? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by obailala(m): 3:03am On May 29, 2009
MAN U fans, now acting like Chelsea Touts. . . too bad!!
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by dayokanu(m): 7:08am On May 29, 2009
When I opined that EPL should be banned in Nigeria you were all shouting

when did you hear a Barca, Milan or Real fan do this type of thing?

It takes a nitwit to support EPL anyway
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by bgees(m): 10:35am On May 29, 2009
The guy doesn't deserve to go to court. He should thrown to the mob. Jungle justice suits him.

And why do we have take things too far. Similarly u come to Nairaland and see idiots dissing other people's parents all because of MAN UTD.

The whole world will be laughing at us right now.
Aren't the problems in Africa enough? The Niger Delta is presently a hotbed of violence and that bastard of a MAN UTD fan let his stupid passion control without thinking of the 'real' problems at hand.
Just some weeks back, another stupid african hung himself in Kenya because Arsenal lost.

I think a large number of the world's most stupid and babaric people are Africans.

I just have say it again. That MAN UTD bastard should be thrown to a mob.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by eyonigger(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2009
Belive me people, most Man U fans are devilz incarnate, they have been automatically iniated into the devils camp. I cant be surprised about what has happened. It was the devil that took over that guy.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by Nwazo(m): 7:26pm On May 29, 2009
May the souls lost in this senseless crime rest in peace. Na Oyibo land that u usually hear about such things happening, guess when it comes to football fanaticism, madness crosses all boundaries!
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by naso2(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2009
unix4real1:

The guy must be a Chelsea Fan before he joined Man U grin

This is why this country can hardly move forward. what has chelsea got to do with this.

When chelsea lost controversially in the semi-final did you hear anything like one cracy fan acting like this?

Our jobless youth in this country have found for themself jobs by passionately supporting this foreign teams.

We really need to rethink Nigeria because from the president, politician,militant,soldier and the ordinary citizen out there, we have lost respect for the human life.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by switch47(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2009
Manchester united fans are well behaved generaly except 4 dat boy dat is always insulting people and everybody's father on d forum forming above d law/rules (maybe he is) or na only when person insult mod b4 BAN? People like dat are potential muderers in real life. Fanatism like Dis should be discouraged.especialy wit EPL.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by Horus(m): 11:35pm On May 29, 2009
blacksta:

nigerians are half baked nit wits who are going to follow oyinbo to the grave. Useless people - following a league that does know you all exist. while they are enjoying and improving their leagues the so called Nigerian supporters remains broke and busted. Can somebody please tell me what income is generated from Nigeria to the european league, absolute nather with all the fake merchandise.

Can you imagine a stupid African committed suicide when arsenal lost UCL. how stupid can one get. And at the same time an Arsenal player went clubbing that same night to early morning.

blacksta Can you stop sending all your insults at me in the  forum?
Or maybe you dont have any control of yourself
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by dayokanu(m): 1:44am On May 30, 2009
Switch what do you have to say to this regarding my comment about EPl fans.

I have been proven right once again.

Ask yourself why an AC Milan fan did not kill people after the agonising result at Istanbul
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by Tudor3(m): 12:07pm On May 30, 2009
^^^^ are you in every village or town in the world? Do you read newspapers from all over the globe?
You can't know for certain that an AC MILAN fan didn't kill someone/people after istanbul in some remote part of the world.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by dayokanu(m): 3:21pm On May 30, 2009
At least I wasnt in the town where a Man Utd fan killed Barca fans but the news was told all over the world.

This is the internet age and news spread faster. If it happened, It would have been told
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by calx50: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2009
If I were the president of this country, I would ban all TV stations ( Local or DSTV) from broadcasting Live Matches all over europe because i can't imagine how u will ruin people's lives because of Man_u lost. Despite Man-U loss, they still have hell of money to earn and we are here killin ourselves, so crazy !!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by MrCrackles(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2009
I am sure it is Chamotex or Sauron who rammed those innocent peeps angry
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by eyonigger(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2009
It must be sauron.
Re: Manchester United Fan 'kills Four Barcelona Fans In Nigeria' by manmustwac(m): 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2009
eyonigger:

It must be sauron.
Yeah the red devil must have got the better of her.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Pictures That Describe Ronaldo And Messi (real Madrid Vs Barca) / Which Bicycle Kick Goal Was Better: Cristiano Ronaldo Or Gareth Bale / Martins' Profile: Did Wiki Goof Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.