Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? (2531 Views)

Why Are Some Yoruba Against False. / Why Are The Yoruba's Against Biafra? / Yoruba's Against Biafra Restoration Due To A Lost Quest For "Oduduwa Nation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by godoluwa(m): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
I always imagine why some yoruba always fight Igbo when it comes to Biafra issue. As far as am concerned, Nigeria has never been one since independence except that we want to decieve ourselves. One Nigeria has lots of disadvantages on some region & South West are mostly affected in some areas i.e nomadic fulani menace. we cant checkmate the silly activities of this people all because of one Nigeria.
I need answers to
some questions from those that are against Biafra for me to know if you people are right or wrong.

1. Why is it a must for us to stay together?

2. Who annuled 1993 election that the whole world believed is the fairest election in Nigeria?

3. Who jailed & killed MKO Abiola?

4. Who killed Dele Giwa?

5. Where is the killer of Abiola's wife, is he in jail or now freed?

I need answers to these questions & some other questions coming shortly.

Note: I dont listen to Nnamdi Kanu radio & my post has nothing to do with him

Ojulowo omo Yoruba to mo owo otun yato si t'osi ni mi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Spicygal: 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
A lot of Yorubas aren't against Biafra and don't mind them going. The annoyance of a few is that this Biafra brouhaha is more about GEJ loosing. Just a few months ago, they held most of the juicy posts in Nigeria while the west held little now the case is reversed they are crying marginalization. Lastly a lot are also angry about the tribalistic comments made on Biafra radio often cursing Yorubas. If it was on a friendly note, most Yorubas would support them.

Personally I do, though the method is hideous but the possibility of a nation where Yoruba or English is spoken on our streets and our children are taught in Yoruba, a highly decongested Lagos and free of pidgin appeals too much to me and a whole lot of Yorubas.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by shepherd77: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
Spicygal had said it all.
Respect sis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by mannobi(m): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
The answer is there already.
Why didn't they cry Biafra when Jonathan completely ignore the yorubas in his 'juicy appointment'
Why must they always blame the yorubas for their misfortunes when obviously they know their number one antagonist?

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by chukjojo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nonsense post. Am a full blooded igbo man, but i think that what spicygirl replied is the best answer.

Although to me, Nigeria is no longer working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by godoluwa(m): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
Spicygal:
A lot of Yorubas aren't against Biafra and don't mind them going. The annoyance of a few is that this Biafra brouhaha is more about GEJ loosing. Just a few months ago, they held most of the juicy posts in Nigeria while the west held little now the case is reversed they are crying marginalization. Lastly a lot are also angry about the tribalistic comments made on Biafra radio often cursing Yorubas. If it was on a friendly note, most Yorubas would support them.

Personally I do, though the method is hideous but the possibility of a nation where Yoruba or English is spoken on our streets and our children are taught in Yoruba, a highly decongested Lagos and free of pidgin appeals too much to me and a whole lot of Yorubas.
Good point ma.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by godoluwa(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukjojo:
Nonsense post. Am a full blooded igbo man, but i think that what spicygirl replied is the best answer.

ok, but where exactly do you stand?
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by shakaZuIlu: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukjojo:

Kitikpa sewaa i onu ebea

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Horus(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CdX32JGczw

[size=15pt]"Biafrans Are Better-of Staying in The United Nigeria" - Igbo Conscience Group[/size]

The Igbo Conscience (TIC) led by Barrister Monday Ubani hosts a Press Conference in Lagos, dismissing the renewed agitation for the State of Biafra as a misplaced effort. In one of the series comments during the conference, Joe Igbokwe said "Biafra is history".
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by PedroJP(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
Cos they know Biafrans are capable will develop ports(air n sea) dat will cripple lagos activities amidst no FG allocations, once Biafra gains freedom. There won't be a difference between a Benin man and a yoruba man in Swestern part of Nigeria once Biafra leaves.

Moreover, they are being saved under the umbrella of southern Nigeria otherwise fulanis would have ran them through with the guise of practising same demonic religion.

OP they really stand to lose a lot in Biafran break away, unless Biafra decides to pity them. Otherwise, i repeat, u won't differentiate between republic of Benin ypruba from his fellow in Swestern part of current Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Eshinwaju: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
Spicygal:

God bless you....you have spoken the truth....a lot are complaining about how congested yorubaland has become even excluding lagos and the hate they are getting from people they are accommodating out of love....seriously I want these biafrans to go.....,their hearts are too evil...I am sorry... angry

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by mandhip: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Spicygal:

I concur

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by mandhip: 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
I concur
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by BlackTechnology: 12:07am On Dec 02, 2015
cool Without Biafran oil, Sudan and Somalia will be more developed than Odua republic

If you doubt me, ask Aregbesola of Osun state grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 12:10am On Dec 02, 2015
So what juicy positions are they yoruba's occupying nw?And mind u the agitation 4 biafra has bn there even during Jonathan just that the man ignored them then but Buhari won't ignore,that's y you hear of Biafra everywhere nw
mannobi:
The answer is there already.
Why didn't they cry Biafra when Jonathan completely ignore the yorubas in his 'juicy appointment'
Why must they always blame the yorubas for their misfortunes when obviously they know their number one antagonist?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by siegfried99(m): 12:15am On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmn
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by BlackTechnology: 12:17am On Dec 02, 2015
PedroJP:
Posters above my monicker are liars.even b4 GEJ became president, at the mere mention of Bia attracts yorubas who are battle ready to defend against Biafra. Check threads here beyond 2011 and u'll judge urself. Yorubas stand against Biafra has nothing to do with GEJ and juicy positions, it's as simple as i stated above.

N:B Yorubas are known to be liars in Nigeria, they easily twist facts.

They'v never stood for Biafran success even b4 Nnamdi Kanu, so why lie now that kanu/Gej lost and jjuicy positions made them stand against Biafra ?

Simple truth is, they know no more oil allocation, fear of fulani running them through, islamisation, low economic activities even in the known Lagos etc once Biafra comes.

They claim they had empires that cut across Nigeri, Togo and Benin, the simple question there is, why are the yorubas in those countries not doing well ? Lagos and some other parts of yoruba in Nigeria are doing well cos of the touch of Igboness. Biafra comes, they will join their fellows in Benin and Togo in status.

kiss Perfect observation

Yorubas indigenous to Benin and Togo are not know to be progressive

This proves that Biafran oil and Biafrans are what drive development in Lagos cool

Ibadan is backward because Igbos have not taken that town serious. cool

]

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 02, 2015
OkikeAbiama:
OP and Jimi4us

My dear Igbo son

You dont need to create a moniker to hide your identity and ethnicity

Nobody hates Igbos or is against Biafra. Ipod youths are not following my instructions to the letter

I am currently arranging for weapons to defeat Zoogeria. We need to be calm

I will import cutlasses, machetes, catapults and other sophisticated weapons. Be calm

Daluu...
ODE GODOLUWA IS NOT AN IGBO BOY
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by PedroJP(m): 12:33am On Dec 02, 2015
BlackTechnology:

kiss Perfect observation

Yorubas indigenous to Benin and Togo are not know to be progressive

This proves that Biafran oil and Biafrans are what drive development in Lagos cool

Ibadan is backward because Igbos have not taken that town serious. cool

]

Thank you bro. The truth is that, they fear taking their normal status like their folks on Benin and Togo once Biafra leaves.

They see themselves as superior yorubas( to others in Benin and Togo) and don't want to have back their so called empire is simply to keep enjoying allocations and fame they have earned staying with Igbos, reason they fight against leaving Igbos like their lives depend on it and of course, their lives depend on it.

What they'v failed to understand is that, Igbos will never treat Yorubas bad in separate nations. Even if an individual who hates yorubas takes up power, masses won't allow the person pursue interest that will hurt yorubas. But they seem to go the wrong way of taking Biafran actualisation a nightmare for them.

With Biafra, even lagos will crumble cos sea ports in East will operate freely from surpressive policies made to boost Lagos interests.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by raumdeuter: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2015
[size=18pt]
Vikky014:
keep it up dear.GEJ TILL 2019 OR DEY GIVE US BIAFRA
[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Ikpeazu In Big Trouble / Real Reason Why President Muhammadu Buhari May Not Complete His Tenure. / Tell Me What Happened While I Was Away - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.