Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? (2532 Views)

Why Are Some Yoruba Against False. / Why Are The Yoruba's Against Biafra? / Yoruba's Against Biafra Restoration Due To A Lost Quest For "Oduduwa Nation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Vikky014(f): 5:41am On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=18pt][/size]
DRUNK
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Adminisher: 5:52am On Dec 02, 2015
All Yoruba men are against Biafra. All Nigerian tribes are against Biafra. 80% of Igbos are against Biafra. Of the remaining 20% Igbos another 50% would be against Biafra if they have knew the consequences.
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 02, 2015
I'm not Igbo, neither am I pro Biafra but I must say the truth, you Yoruba's have a problem too.

are Igbo's the only ones who speak pidgin in Nigeria?
have you been to PH to see Yoruba's in their drones hussling too?
why is there only one fully functional airport and seaport in Nigeria?
why did the yorubas choose to take everything to lagos thereby marginalising the rest of the entire country?
Spicygal:
A lot of Yorubas aren't against Biafra and don't mind them going. The annoyance of a few is that this Biafra brouhaha is more about GEJ loosing. Just a few months ago, they held most of the juicy posts in Nigeria while the west held little now the case is reversed they are crying marginalization. Lastly a lot are also angry about the tribalistic comments made on Biafra radio often cursing Yorubas. If it was on a friendly note, most Yorubas would support them.

Personally I do, though the method is hideous but the possibility of a nation where Yoruba or English is spoken on our streets and our children are taught in Yoruba, a highly decongested Lagos and free of pidgin appeals too much to me and a whole lot of Yorubas.
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by kponkedenge(m): 6:16am On Dec 02, 2015
Spicygal:
A lot of Yorubas aren't against Biafra and don't mind them going. The annoyance of a few is that this Biafra brouhaha is more about GEJ loosing. Just a few months ago, they held most of the juicy posts in Nigeria while the west held little now the case is reversed they are crying marginalization. Lastly a lot are also angry about the tribalistic comments made on Biafra radio often cursing Yorubas. If it was on a friendly note, most Yorubas would support them.

Personally I do, though the method is hideous but the possibility of a nation where Yoruba or English is spoken on our streets and our children are taught in Yoruba, a highly decongested Lagos and free of pidgin appeals too much to me and a whole lot of Yorubas.

There's something you people fail to know and the lie you've been telling yourselves is beginning to look like the truth.
As for this tribal stuff between Igbo and Yoruba, it started during Fashola's tenure when he started deporting Igbo's for no reason, he did it twice without even blinking an eye. Igbo's voted fashola the both times he contested, it was after his second term the relationship of both ethnic groups collapsed and Igbo's opted for JK in the last election, and then the Oba of Lagos came again to spite the Igbo's even further. A certain Dr Ariyo all the way in US even called for genocide against the Igbo's and most Yoruba's supported him, you can also see the hate most Yoruba's dish out to Igbo's here on NL. The truth is that the once good relationship the both ethnic group once shared has collapsed beyond remedy so is better everybody go his own way for the good of everybody. The Hausa's don't like Igbo, some Yoruba's also don't and on a daily basis, the number of these Yoruba's keep swelling everyday. A sane Yoruba man will know Igbo isn't his problem becos we've coexisted together for long and even married yet you don't hear killings from both tribes.
I'll remind you again, it was Fashola that broke down the relationship of these two groups, hold him responsible and nobody else.
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Spicygal: 7:49am On Dec 02, 2015
I fail to see the impact of your post, who is this guy? What status does his email confer on him?

xtrorse:

Lying propagandist, this piece is for you:
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Spicygal: 7:59am On Dec 02, 2015
I thinks unfair to blame it on Fashola, a lot of people spewing hatred have never live in Lagos. Ethnicity is a factor in Nigeria and it takes little to fan the flames to fire. This same Fashola appointed Igbos as Permanent secretaries and even as commissioners. He recognized and even paid Igbo traditional rulers in Lagos. Haba! Let's be fair, where else in Nigeria esp the SE is that done? Rather, the governor of Abia state fired many non indigenes from civil service yet there was no hatred.

You can't talk of this hate without the role of Biafra radio daily referring to others as monkeys and baboons. It sure wasn't Fashola even though the deportation wasn't the best.

kponkedenge:

There's something you people fail to know and the lie you've been telling yourselves is beginning to look like the truth.
As for this tribal stuff between Igbo and Yoruba, it started during Fashola's tenure when he started deporting Igbo's for no reason, he did it twice without even blinking an eye. Igbo's voted fashola the both times he contested, it was after his second term the relationship of both ethnic groups collapsed and Igbo's opted for JK in the last election, and then the Oba of Lagos came again to spite the Igbo's even further. A certain Dr Ariyo all the way in US even called for genocide against the Igbo's and most Yoruba's supported him, you can also see the hate most Yoruba's dish out to Igbo's here on NL. The truth is that the once good relationship the both ethnic group once shared has collapsed beyond remedy so is better everybody go his own way for the good of everybody. The Hausa's don't like Igbo, some Yoruba's also don't and on a daily basis, the number of these Yoruba's keep swelling everyday. A sane Yoruba man will know Igbo isn't his problem becos we've coexisted together for long and even married yet you don't hear killings from both tribes.
I'll remind you again, it was Fashola that broke down the relationship of these two groups, hold him responsible and nobody else.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Spicygal: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2015
There is no group that doesn't have their own issues.

It's not only the igbos that speak pidgin but it's more of their influence than any other group.

Yes, Yorubas are in PH hustling too but can you compare the numbers? If Biafra starts, they will all come back.

Lastly, how can you blame the Yorubas for developing their state? Why didn't the Igbos site their companies in the east?

Either way am ok, Biafra or no Biafra.

But let their be no hate.

Millerz:
I'm not Igbo, neither am I pro Biafra but I must say the truth, you Yoruba's have a problem too.

are Igbo's the only ones who speak pidgin in Nigeria?
have you been to PH to see Yoruba's in their drones hussling too?
why is there only one fully functional airport and seaport in Nigeria?
why did the yorubas choose to take everything to lagos thereby marginalising the rest of the entire country?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by kponkedenge(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2015
Spicygal:
I thinks unfair to blame it on Fashola, a lot of people spewing hatred have never live in Lagos. Ethnicity is a factor in Nigeria and it takes little to fan the flames to fire. This same Fashola appointed Igbos as Permanent secretaries and even as commissioners. He recognized and even paid Igbo traditional rulers in Lagos. Haba! Let's be fair, where else in Nigeria esp the SE is that done? Rather, the governor of Abia state fired many non indigenes from civil service yet there was no hatred.

You can't talk of this hate without the role of Biafra radio daily referring to others as monkeys and baboons. It sure wasn't Fashola even though the deportation wasn't the best.

I'll blame Fashola becos it started first under him, it will be wrong to ignore it and go straight to blame Radio Biafra. As much as I don't like the way Nnamdi Kanu runs the channel, you should also know that whatever Nnamdi Kanu says, is as a repercussion of what earlier happened under Fashola's tenure.
You made mention of Igbo people in Fashola's tenure, fine. But you also need to know that Igbo's travel a lot, if you ask me and if you're honest enough you'll know is the Igbo's that practice this so called 'One Nigeria' the most. They leave their region and go to the SS, SW and North to setup businesses, no other tribe in Nigeria does that. Most people also think that because the SEasterners leave their enclave to setup businesses outside their zone thinks the SE is impoverish, I just laugh cos most of them haven't been to the SE before.
Now back to your question; most SEasterners have settled in Lagos, own buildings here, pay tax, do business, and also have a strong population (although am not disputing the fact Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's), so why shouldn't they hold post here. It can't happen in other SWestern states cos the Igbo population there are nothing to write home about, it can only happen in Lagos becos Lagos is a diverse city. If the Yoruba's travel a lot you might begin to see them hold post in other regions too, so I really don't see that as a valid point. An example is Universities, most SWestern universities have a strong Igbo population, go to the East, before you'll find a Yoruba schooling there is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, is not that nobody is chasing them, but they choose not to come on their own, so don't blame others for coming out of their own region.

Lastly, my stance is that Fashola caused all this by deporting people from their very own country, and is still this same Fahola that will tell you he wants 'One Nigeria'. Oba of Lagos poured petrol into the fire and Dr Ariyo removed the extinguisher to quench it.

Good to see a reasonable Yoruba girl like you making an argument devoid of insults.
Re: Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? by Spicygal: 9:03am On Dec 02, 2015
It's true there aren't as many Yorubas in the SE but you will be unfair to deny the level of tribalism in the SE compared to the SW. (Tribalism wasn't then synonymous to hatred).

You also didn't mention states where non indigenes were dismissed from civil service.

Dr. Ariyo? Smh - that was in poor taste yet the three combined is tiny beside what Radio Biafra was doing.

kponkedenge:

I'll blame Fashola becos it started first under him, it will be wrong to ignore it and go straight to blame Radio Biafra. As much as I don't like the way Nnamdi Kanu runs the channel, you should also know that whatever Nnamdi Kanu says, is as a repercussion of what earlier happened under Fashola's tenure.
You made mention of Igbo people in Fashola's tenure, fine. But you also need to know that Igbo's travel a lot, if you ask me and if you're honest enough you'll know is the Igbo's that practice this so called 'One Nigeria' the most. They leave their region and go to the SS, SW and North to setup businesses, no other tribe in Nigeria does that. Most people also think that because the SEasterners leave their enclave to setup businesses outside their zone thinks the SE is impoverish, I just laugh cos most of them haven't been to the SE before.
Now back to your question; most SEasterners have settled in Lagos, own buildings here, pay tax, do business, and also have a strong population (although am not disputing the fact Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's), so why shouldn't they hold post here. It can't happen in other SWestern states cos the Igbo population there are nothing to write home about, it can only happen in Lagos becos Lagos is a diverse city. If the Yoruba's travel a lot you might begin to see them hold post in other regions too, so I really don't see that as a valid point. An example is Universities, most SWestern universities have a strong Igbo population, go to the East, before you'll find a Yoruba schooling there is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, is not that nobody is chasing them, but they choose not to come on their own, so don't blame others for coming out of their own region.

Lastly, my stance is that Fashola caused all this by deporting people from their very own country, and is still this same Fahola that will tell you he wants 'One Nigeria'. Oba of Lagos poured petrol into the fire and Dr Ariyo removed the extinguisher to quench it.

Good to see a reasonable Yoruba girl like you making an argument devoid of insults.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Longest Bridge in the southeast Built And Completed In Under 2 Years / Video Of IPOB Member Brutalized By DSS At Court Premises Today. / Here Are Indications That Igbo People Are From Israel-(proven Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.