Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University (2231 Views)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? / 7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University by kindl0(m): 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello Friends, tonight am going to start a series of discussing on my circle and I'd like to get you all to participate in this discussing.

I would want to share with you the benefits of living off campus in university. At first, let me introduce myself, I am Charles by name and am a final year student of Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I have been living off campus since year one. I think that's enough of me that will be relevant in this discussion.

Although there are a lot of dangers in living off campus, ranging from robbery attacks, and other vices, some parents too would not want their wards to live off camp because they thing they may begin to live and with the opposite sex, but is there a place where there is no risk? even the school hostels these days are not safe. In the midst of all these, I still think it is better to live off campus than on campus in the university with these reasons,

​Hygiene: It is said that cleanliness is next to Godliness, now have you been to the toilets of hostels of universities? how many of them can you comfortably say that they are healthy? All we see is a hub of diseases and various infections.
Self-development: I was in a place recently with my elder brother who was my roommate before he graduated two years ago, and in his discussing with his friend, the guy told my brother that he is better than him when it comes to living and managing life and self, both as a barchelor and soon as a married man because he learnt how to live like that from the five ears he stayed in FUTO living in a rented room off-campus, unlike him who studied close to his house and therefore went to school from home. Now this wouldn't have been his case if he lived in school and even better if he had lived off-campus. Living off Kay or off K as it is fondly called will help you build up security consciousness more than someone who lives in the hostel and relies on the not-always-reliable security the school provides. It helps the student learn how to manage time and resources because in the off k hostels, no one will always be there to wake you up for night classes/studies and no one will be there to remind you off your laundry and chores, especially when you're living alone or you have a roommate who lives his/her life on SOLO mode. When you have learnt these things, you will notice you have developed better skills for life than before.
Being Called the Big Boy/Girl: Most people might like this one as it is always known that the rent for off k lodges are wey higher than the hostel accommodation fees... and some may live in a lodge of annual rent N70,000 and will have one or two roommate(s), they each collect the complete N70,000 and share the rent equally among themselves then they save the rest for something else.
Privacy: Do I need to say much in this one? it already explains itself.
Add Yours: ...

cc:seun
source:http://www.discuss.ng/discussion/82/5-benefits-of-living-off-campus-in-university
Re: 5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
Will coment after reading
Re: 5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University by Kingy10: 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
stealing is rampant in school hostel
dem fit steal person sef undecided

Re: 5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University by antosly(m): 9:15am On Dec 02, 2015
My friend, such reasoning is called fallacy of hasty-generalization. Bcus ur brother married early b4 his friend is not a fact to prove that living off campus is a yardstick for managing life...bla bla bla (he is not in anyway beta than his friend). Dont u fink his frnd could be unstable minded person? I have myriads of point to dance to dis argumentum
Re: 5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University by kindl0(m): 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
antosly:
My friend, such reasoning is called fallacy of hasty-generalization. Bcus ur brother married early b4 his friend is not a fact to prove that living off campus is a yardstick for managing life...bla bla bla (he is not in anyway beta than his friend). Dont u fink his frnd could be unstable minded person? I have myriads of point to dance to dis argumentum

who is married shocked, you dont even understand the post at first undecided, you need koboko angry
Re: 5 Benefits Of Living Off-campus In University by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
.grand theft auto

How To Study And Play Football / Other Sports Abroad On Scholarship / Command Secondary School Form Is Out Hurry! / Apply For MPOWER Financing – Education Loans For International Students