Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

United Nations Position On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Nations Position On Biafra (13264 Views)

APC Names Nine-member Committee To Articulate Party's Position On Restructuring / Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source / Body Of Senior Advocates Of Nigeria Backs NBA Position On Corrupt Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Nations Position On Biafra by godjb(f): 5:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Clarification on the issue of legal protection for Biafrans in Nigeria and elsewhere from the Executive Council

United Nation’s Defined Rights of Indigenous People and their Implications for the Indigenous People of Biafra?

According to the United Nations charter for the Rights of Indigenous People, all fears hitherto holding down the Indigenous People of Biafra from accessing clearly defined indigenous peoples’ rights have been put to permanent sleep. As Indigenous People,

this charter to which the Africa union and Nigerian State is a signatory, clearly states that we reserve the right to agitate for Biafra without fear of intimidations from within the Nigerian State and/or even in the diaspora.

This global human rights charter therefore shields the Indigenous People of Biafra from undue harassment, arrest, detention and even murder from the Nigerian State. The Nigerian Police has no right whatsoever, to arrest any peaceful gathering of the Indigenous People of Biafra; if they do, they are in material breach of the binding covenant they entered into and are in effect inviting anarchy. A breach of this by the Nigerian State is a tantamount to a collision between the Nigerian State and chaos on the one side, and the United Nation and the Indigenous People of Biafra on the other side.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by ismoh90: 6:00am On Dec 02, 2015
Biafra ni,neva happinin.. if u cant get a president , den get a country ryt? Nice try...
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 6:01am On Dec 02, 2015
Biafra expired in 1970 NO wailing please

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 02, 2015
The posts by these 2 simpletons above me suggested they can't read. The op posted the stand of UN on Biafra, they don't need your worthless input.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Latestnewss: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2015
Indigenous People of Biafra on the other side.

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Lajet: 6:57am On Dec 02, 2015
Biafra we be free soon by God grace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 02, 2015
go4gold:
The posts by these 2 simpletons above me suggested they can't read. The op posted the stand of UN on Biafra, they don't need your worthless input.
You dey mind them? I'm certain they didn't even read it. They re just advertising their stupidity

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Lanretoye(m): 8:18am On Dec 02, 2015
that stand holds when the nations were united...
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Dabss(m): 8:32am On Dec 02, 2015
godjb:
Clarification on the issue of legal protection for Biafrans in Nigeria and elsewhere from the Executive Council
United Nation’s Defined Rights of Indigenous People and their Implications for the Indigenous People of Biafra?
According to the United Nations charter for the Rights of Indigenous People, all fears hitherto holding down the Indigenous People of Biafra from accessing clearly defined indigenous peoples’ rights have been put to permanent sleep. As Indigenous People,
this charter to which the Africa union and Nigerian State is a signatory, clearly states that we reserve the right to agitate for Biafra without fear of intimidations from within the Nigerian State and/or even in the diaspora.
This global human rights charter therefore shields the Indigenous People of Biafra from undue harassment, arrest, detention and even murder from the Nigerian State. The Nigerian Police has no right whatsoever, to arrest any peaceful gathering of the Indigenous People of Biafra; if they do, they are in material breach of the binding covenant they entered into and are in effect inviting anarchy. A breach of this by the Nigerian State is a tantamount to a collision between the Nigerian State and chaos on the one side, and the United Nation and the Indigenous People of Biafra on the other side.
madam where is your source?
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by akinyeleaa: 9:10am On Dec 02, 2015
Police no get right abi? Go dere office go tell them
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by SeunPlus(f): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2015
Source: RADIO Biafra
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Yanks101: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2015
It is only a matter of time before NATO invades that country just like libya.
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Rolings: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2015
Latestnewss:
Indigenous People of Biafra on the other side.

SCAMMER, SCRAM
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
DaBullIT:
Biafra expired in 1970 NO wailing please
young man, in a couple of weeks from now i bet you will change your opinion on this matter.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by ComradeAbu(m): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
BIAFRA OR Biafra? "When the arrow of God strikes, things fall apart and things may no longer be at ease." Sometimes in 2005 or so, my colleagues and I resumed back to our alma mater, in Afikpo, Ebonyi State, to find parts of some of the buildings falling due to locally-made bomb attacks from the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB). The reason behind the attack was vague; except that the MASSOB wanted us to know that they own their land. The governor of the state then, Sam Egwu, pledged to renovate the buildings but he never did. On another occasion, we, the students of Islamic Centre Afikpo, had a friendly match with the village youths at Itim-Ukwu secondary school. The youths lost the match to us by 3 goals to 11. But the aftermath of our victory was not funny as the youths turned the friendly match into a stoning battle. One stunning statement made by the youths in unison was: "For we country? For Biafra land? We no go gree." Since then I have a conviction that the issue of Biafra is an ideology that cannot be downed with military artillery or governmental threats or high-handedness. It is an ideology whose transition through successive generations has to be curtailed and killed with wisdom and sincerity of purpose. It is a dangerous ideology! I had foreseen an uproar from another region when power shifted to the north; but I never envisaged it from the south-east. I had thought of the south-south. But why the Biafran uproar and what's the way forward? With utmost sincerity, President Muhammadu Buhari's earliest appointments depicted marginalization of a people whose perceptions about the Nigerian state have been battered since the end of the (un)civil war. The appointments partly deprived the Igbos a sense of belonging in a nation polarized along ethnoreligious sentiments. One had expected that the President would have fulfilled the first part of his resounding inaugural statement: "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody," by making his earliest appointments to cut across all the geo-political zones of the nation. After all, no geo-political zone owns the monopoly of meritocracy. Fair appointments might have hindered the resurgence of this Biafran saga. But the deed has been done. On another hand, the Igbo leaders ought to have come out and speak in unison against the activities of these disinformed youths clamouring for a sovereign state of Biafra. Their deafening silence may let the situation escalate and God forbid, they may be victims should such resurgence turn into insurgency. The insurgency in the north which has claimed the lives of the big guns, the royal and the commoners should serve as lesson to the wise. However, this writer believes that the Biafra uproar has become a Biafra. Some evil brains are trying to manipulate the growing inter-ethnic suspicion and disdain in Nigeria to foster a mercantile of bloodbath. Therefore, their aim is to utilize the weakness of our national security to pursue their unachievable cause. For instance, there have been claims that MASSOB under its leader, Ralph Uwazuruike, has been nothing but a fraud which achieved nothing more than media noise and self-enrichment, including the misguiding and killing of Igbo youths who follow the movement sheepishly. These claims subsequently led to the break away of some people to form the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB); now under the aegis of the arrested Nnamdi Kanu. In fact, Chief Chekwas Okorie, the founder of the United Progressives Party (UPP) and a former top shot of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), described the MASSOB leader as "a big fraud." Another MASSOB member, identified as Mr. Ndubuisi Igwekala aka Agu Biafra, said that he was one of those who sacked Uwazuruike feom the building they named "Biafra House" at Okwe. "It is our money he (Uwazuruike) used in building that house. I know how much I contributed to the building of that house. When the time comes, we will mobilize to retrieve from him all the things he has used Biafra's name to acquire illegally and fraudulently," said Igwekala. Can we see how the Biafra has become a Biafra? A big one! However, the current Biafra uproar should not be seen as the cry of miscreants but a serious ideological fraud that has to be doused with a Solomonic approach. The status quo seems to bring to the fore the manifestation of Fredrick Forsyth's prophesy about Biafra: "Biafra will rise again with or without Ojukwu." Thus the rave of the moment under the aegis of the IPOB with a radio station operating from London run by Nnamdi Kanu is just another avenue being used via Radio Biafra to dish out all manner of disinformation - the good, the bad and the ugly. The Federal Government must realize that a movement which has its own printed Biafra currency, postage stamps, flag, coat of arms, driver's license, to mention a few, should not be taken for a joke. The FG should be deft to realize that ideologies are not shot with guns; they are to be eliminated on a round-table of mutual dialogue. Likewise, the government should uphold the tenets of "Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress." Government appointments and allocation of resources should unevenly give every geo-political zone a sense of belonging; not a sense of marginalization. Infrastructural development and job opportunities should reflect federal character such that we will all benefit equally; thereby facilitating our long walk to nationhood; a nation free from ethnoreligious ranklings. It is time government started to pursue this practically. In furtherance of equity and fairness, I would like to state that there is a perceptual deficit in our historical background; hence, many Nigerian youths cannot see through the lense of history. This perceptual deficit makes us misconstrue our past by misbehaving in the present and as such enabling a gloomy future. My humble findings have shown that majority of the literature written about Nigerian and the (un)civil war per se were born out of emotions and ethnotribal affiliations. Therefore, I would like to beckon on the historical intelligentsia, especially the academic historians to write texts on the Biafra occurences with insight into its causes and how treading such paths should not be thought of again. Such texts should be devoid of bias and prejudice; it should be based on value-free analyses (i.e. Objectivity and neutrality). Woe betides a nation ignorant of its history. The intended texts may be simplified in series so that pupils can also benefit from them at the formative stage of their life. This will help to broaden their perception about the unity of Nigeria and thereby foster national integration amongst the upcoming generation. Equally, it will be meritorious if the FG through the National Orientation Agency can initiate media programme(s) to stimulate national cohesion. For instance, the NOA can enhance "Tales by Moonlight" by incorporating didactic aspects of our nation's history. If these media programmes proliferate our understandings, there will be a renaissance towards a united Nigeria regardless of ethnoreligious and geo- political diversity. "To defeat the aggressors is not enough to make peace durable. The main thing is to discard the ideology that guarantees war," opine Ludwig von Mises. At this juncture, the government should not remain mute about this uproar; it should synergize a dialogue process that can help to disband the ideologues and their Biafra ideology. In conclusion, Bill Ayers has some words for the youths like those agitating for the state of Biafara, that: "Don't be straight jacketed by ideology. Don't be driven by a structure of ideas." Those deceiving our Igbo youths are marauders using the latter's financial straits, idleness and youthful exuberance to acquire their own selfish gains. Therefore, I beg the youths to realize that our strength as a people lies in our unity; hence, the call for separation may only continue to lead to frustration. The call for secession may only facilitate suppression and God forbid, extinction. I would like to leave you with Dr. Moses Kingsley Illoh's advice: "It is not a matter of sentiment or boiling emotion. Are the Igbo people prepared to be on their own as a people? If you ask me, the answer is no. They are not well prepared. So why go into an adventure when you know that you are not well prepared? It is not enough to say we want to go our own way; we want to have our own Biafra but what are you going to do with Biafra if you have it? Are you going to use it to destroy yourselves or to build yourselves? Why do they really want Biafra?"
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Prymestrr(m): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
ComradeAbu:
BIAFRA OR Biafra?
"When the arrow of God strikes, things fall
apart and things may no longer be at ease."
Sometimes in 2005 or so, my colleagues and I
resumed back to our alma mater, in Afikpo,
Ebonyi State, to find parts of some of the
buildings falling due to locally-made bomb
attacks from the Movement for the
Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra
(MASSOB). The reason behind the attack was
vague; except that the MASSOB wanted us to
know that they own their land. The governor of
the state then, Sam Egwu, pledged to renovate
the buildings but he never did.
On another occasion, we, the students of
Islamic Centre Afikpo, had a friendly match
with the village youths at Itim-Ukwu secondary
school. The youths lost the match to us by 3
goals to 11. But the aftermath of our victory
was not funny as the youths turned the
friendly match into a stoning battle. One
stunning statement made by the youths in
unison was: "For we country? For Biafra land?
We no go gree." Since then I have a conviction
that the issue of Biafra is an ideology that
cannot be downed with military artillery or
governmental threats or high-handedness. It is
an ideology whose transition through
successive generations has to be curtailed and
killed with wisdom and sincerity of purpose. It
is a dangerous ideology!
I had foreseen an uproar from another region
when power shifted to the north; but I never
envisaged it from the south-east. I had thought
of the south-south. But why the Biafran uproar
and what's the way forward?
With utmost sincerity, President Muhammadu
Buhari's earliest appointments depicted
marginalization of a people whose perceptions
about the Nigerian state have been battered
since the end of the (un)civil war. The
appointments partly deprived the Igbos a sense
of belonging in a nation polarized along
ethnoreligious sentiments. One had expected
that the President would have fulfilled the first
part of his resounding inaugural statement: "I
belong to everybody and I belong to nobody,"
by making his earliest appointments to cut
across all the geo-political zones of the nation.
After all, no geo-political zone owns the
monopoly of meritocracy. Fair appointments
might have hindered the resurgence of this
Biafran saga. But the deed has been done.
On another hand, the Igbo leaders ought to
have come out and speak in unison against the
activities of these disinformed youths
clamouring for a sovereign state of Biafra.
Their deafening silence may let the situation
escalate and God forbid, they may be victims
should such resurgence turn into insurgency.
The insurgency in the north which has claimed
the lives of the big guns, the royal and the
commoners should serve as lesson to the wise.
However, this writer believes that the Biafra
uproar has become a Biafra. Some evil
brains are trying to manipulate the growing
inter-ethnic suspicion and disdain in Nigeria to
foster a mercantile of bloodbath. Therefore,
their aim is to utilize the weakness of our
national security to pursue their unachievable
cause. For instance, there have been claims
that MASSOB under its leader, Ralph
Uwazuruike, has been nothing but a fraud
which achieved nothing more than media noise
and self-enrichment, including the misguiding
and killing of Igbo youths who follow the
movement sheepishly. These claims
subsequently led to the break away of some
people to form the Indigenous People of Biafra
(IPOB); now under the aegis of the arrested
Nnamdi Kanu. In fact, Chief Chekwas Okorie,
the founder of the United Progressives Party
(UPP) and a former top shot of the All
Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), described
the MASSOB leader as "a big fraud." Another
MASSOB member, identified as Mr. Ndubuisi
Igwekala aka Agu Biafra, said that he was one
of those who sacked Uwazuruike feom the
building they named "Biafra House" at Okwe.
"It is our money he (Uwazuruike) used in
building that house. I know how much I
contributed to the building of that house.
When the time comes, we will mobilize to
retrieve from him all the things he has used
Biafra's name to acquire illegally and
fraudulently," said Igwekala. Can we see how
the Biafra has become a Biafra? A big one!
However, the current Biafra uproar should not
be seen as the cry of miscreants but a serious
ideological fraud that has to be doused with a
Solomonic approach. The status quo seems to
bring to the fore the manifestation of Fredrick
Forsyth's prophesy about Biafra: "Biafra will
rise again with or without Ojukwu." Thus the
rave of the moment under the aegis of the
IPOB with a radio station operating from
London run by Nnamdi Kanu is just another
avenue being used via Radio Biafra to dish out
all manner of disinformation - the good, the
bad and the ugly. The Federal Government
must realize that a movement which has its
own printed Biafra currency, postage stamps,
flag, coat of arms, driver's license, to mention
a few, should not be taken for a joke. The FG
should be deft to realize that ideologies are
not shot with guns; they are to be eliminated
on a round-table of mutual dialogue.
Likewise, the government should uphold the
tenets of "Unity and Faith, Peace and
Progress." Government appointments and
allocation of resources should unevenly give
every geo-political zone a sense of belonging;
not a sense of marginalization. Infrastructural
development and job opportunities should
reflect federal character such that we will all
benefit equally; thereby facilitating our long
walk to nationhood; a nation free from
ethnoreligious ranklings. It is time government
started to pursue this practically.
In furtherance of equity and fairness, I would
like to state that there is a perceptual deficit in
our historical background; hence, many
Nigerian youths cannot see through the lense
of history. This perceptual deficit makes us
misconstrue our past by misbehaving in the
present and as such enabling a gloomy future.
My humble findings have shown that majority
of the literature written about Nigerian and the
(un)civil war per se were born out of emotions
and ethnotribal affiliations. Therefore, I would
like to beckon on the historical intelligentsia,
especially the academic historians to write
texts on the Biafra occurences with insight
into its causes and how treading such paths
should not be thought of again. Such texts
should be devoid of bias and prejudice; it
should be based on value-free analyses (i.e.
Objectivity and neutrality).
Woe betides a nation ignorant of its history.
The intended texts may be simplified in series
so that pupils can also benefit from them at
the formative stage of their life. This will help
to broaden their perception about the unity of
Nigeria and thereby foster national integration
amongst the upcoming generation. Equally, it
will be meritorious if the FG through the
National Orientation Agency can initiate media
programme(s) to stimulate national cohesion.
For instance, the NOA can enhance "Tales by
Moonlight" by incorporating didactic aspects
of our nation's history. If these media
programmes proliferate our understandings,
there will be a renaissance towards a united
Nigeria regardless of ethnoreligious and geo-
political diversity.
"To defeat the aggressors is not enough to
make peace durable. The main thing is to
discard the ideology that guarantees war,"
opine Ludwig von Mises. At this juncture, the
government should not remain mute about this
uproar; it should synergize a dialogue process
that can help to disband the ideologues and
their Biafra ideology.
In conclusion, Bill Ayers has some words for
the youths like those agitating for the state of
Biafara, that: "Don't be straight jacketed by
ideology. Don't be driven by a structure of
ideas." Those deceiving our Igbo youths are
marauders using the latter's financial straits,
idleness and youthful exuberance to acquire
their own selfish gains. Therefore, I beg the
youths to realize that our strength as a people
lies in our unity; hence, the call for separation
may only continue to lead to frustration. The
call for secession may only facilitate
suppression and God forbid, extinction. I
would like to leave you with Dr. Moses Kingsley
Illoh's advice: "It is not a matter of sentiment
or boiling emotion. Are the Igbo people
prepared to be on their own as a people? If
you ask me, the answer is no. They are not
well prepared. So why go into an adventure
when you know that you are not well
prepared? It is not enough to say we want to
go our own way; we want to have our own
Biafra but what are you going to do with
Biafra if you have it? Are you going to use it to
destroy yourselves or to build yourselves? Why
do they really want Biafra?"
Sunday sermon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ucheernest:
young man, in a couple of weeks from now i bet you will change your opinion on this matter.

Can't wait for the convincer
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by Danvianey(m): 8:37am On Jun 03, 2016
You guys are really not getting it,,,it's not Igbo nation we fighting for rather Biafra nation. Igbo is just a language in Biafra just like "French" is a language in France.
Re: United Nations Position On Biafra by tsdarkside(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2016
godjb:

we dont need un for nothing...we can protect biafra ourselves,....till now,nobody dears touch them,too many nigerians are afraid of them anyways...........

(1) (Reply)

Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard / Soldiers Arrest Suspected Associates Of Tompolo / President Buhari Swears In Yakubu Mamood As INEC Chairman For A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.