Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country (36736 Views)

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] / South Africa Beats Nigeria, Reclaims Spot As Africa's Largest Economy / CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by justiz5(m): 6:59am On Dec 02, 2015
South Africa Knocks Nigeria off its Perch as “Most Corrupt” African Country

South Africa is now believed to be the most corrupt country on the continent, according to a new survey.

By Alexis Haden
The latest report by Transparency International sees South Africa top the list of countries where citizens believe the problem has got worse in the last year.

Over 80% of South Africans who were interviewed thought that corruption had increased over the last year. Ghana and Nigeria are some of the other worst-affected nations.

79% of South Africans surveyed also believe that not enough is being done to curb corruption. On the continent‚ the majority of Africans (58%) say that corruption has increased over the past year.

If there is one shining light to the survey it’s that 56% of South Africans surveyed believe that ordinary people can make a difference in the fight against corruption.

The survey found that 25% of respondents in SA believe that the most effective way for ordinary citizens to combat corruption is by reporting their experiences‚ followed by a further 22% who identified the refusal to pay bribes as an effective means to fight corruption.

With 43‚143 respondents, across 28 countries surveyed, people feel the police, business executives, government officials and the courts were all perceived as corrupt, with 75 million people estimated to have paid a bribe in the past year, AFP reports.

Between JZ pouring money into his Nkandla digs, Prasa’s dodgy trainsand countless of other scandals, South Africans aren’t exactly stoked about the state of affairs.

“People are outraged, they see this huge spending as part of government corruption,” David Lewis, director of Corruption Watch, a local anti-graft organisation, told AFP.

“Corruption creates and increases poverty and exclusion,” Transparency International head Jose Ugaz said in a statement.
[/quote]
www.thesouthafrican.com/south-africa-knocks-nigeria-off-its-perch-as-most-corrupt-african-country/

Another good evidence that PMB is working and fighting corruption.
'Passingshot' what's your take on this

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Abatsam111(m): 7:01am On Dec 02, 2015
Op undecided
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Ofodirinwa: 7:04am On Dec 02, 2015
"A good evidence pmb is working" while the article said nigeria and ghana are getting worst?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Junior66(m): 7:11am On Dec 02, 2015
Chao! Nigeria don lose another title o.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by fammo: 7:12am On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmmm, are they sure?
Some Nigerians just hoarded and sold subsidized fuel to fellow Nigerians at N400 per litres and the regulating bodies looked away. That to me is the Height of corruption at various levels.

39 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by nanocash: 7:14am On Dec 02, 2015
Voo voo :-/
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by justiz5(m): 7:15am On Dec 02, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
"A good evidence pmb is working" while the article said nigeria and ghana are getting worst?

@ the bolded. Can't you deduce the difference.
Ghana and Nigeria are some of the other worst-affected nations.

10 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Ajuba1: 7:17am On Dec 02, 2015
Naija guys helps corrupt south Africa..the illegal activities/jobs they do are negatively telling on SA.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Scatterscatter(m): 7:18am On Dec 02, 2015
I don't like this, Buhari is making us lose everything! #bringbackourtitle!!! Wailers food is ready.

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by yapapa: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Scatterscatter:
I don't like this, Buhari is making us lose everything! #bringbackourtitle!!! Wailers food is ready.

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN
lmao! madman

9 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by justiz5(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Junior66:
Chao! Nigeria don lose another title o.

Under Buhari's administrationgringrin
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii- Buhari the title loooooser
........................................................................................................................

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by politricks: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
So you dont know the difference between 'getting worse' and 'one of the worst hit'?

11 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Agimor(m): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2015
Pessismist won't believe this,but if its the other way round they have been spewing gibberish.

5 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by queenoflafia(f): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2015
Southy southy so Una corruption pass our own Wether it is witch hunt or not I know we are fighting corruption and the whole world knows

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 02, 2015
I thought we ascended from being corrupt to being 'over corrupt' and not vice versa?

Maybe i was wrong

If this news is credible,then congrats to Buhari.

P.S: Although I'm not his fan but I just have to be sincere

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2015
is this news? no!
everyone one knw say SA corrupt die!

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by terzurum5(m): 7:35am On Dec 02, 2015
politricks:
So you dont know the difference between 'getting worse' and 'one of the worst hit'?

You get sense wella

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

That is why WAEC and NECO will always have so many candidates.

No insults intended

16 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by PassingShot(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2015
My take:

SA overtaking Nigeria as the most corrupt country in Africa may be due to either of two factors or a combination of both viz - 1. That SA has gotten worse in her fight against corruption without Nigeria necessarily doing better. 2. That Nigeria has increased her effort,in fighting corruption while SA has not done much within the same period.

Whichever way, I think Nigeria is on the right path with PMB in the driver seat.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Agimor:
Pessismist won't believe this,but if its the other way round they have been spewing gibberish.

That's the best most negative minded Nigerians can offer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2015
fammo:
Hmmmm, are they sure?
Some Nigerians just hoarded and sold subsidized fuel to fellow Nigerians at N400 per litres and the regulating bodies looked away. That to me is the Height of corruption at various levels.

You 've got a point there. Not just that, the Federal government will also approve Trillions of Naira as fuel subsidy to these thieves, it makes me go crazy

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by osazeeblue01: 8:28am On Dec 02, 2015
Why will South Africa take our position from us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by MadCow1: 8:29am On Dec 02, 2015
No Be God.. grin

Only by removing PDP from Power, our Corruption rating dropped.. grin

By the time we start jailing Criminals like:

1. Mama Peace a.k.a Pay-Pay.

2. Dasuki

3. Nyesom Wike

4. Okonjo-Iweala

5. Diezani

and Co,

Nigeria will win Transparency Internationals 'Corruption Free Nation Award'.. cool

Notice I didn't add Jonathan in my list.. That's because you cant charge a mentally challenged person to court. grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by sammyj: 8:30am On Dec 02, 2015
End time things !!!! grin shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by sukkot: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2015
well dayum. thanks to bubu

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by reaky(m): 8:46am On Dec 02, 2015
cheesy grin they are improving

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by PLANETMARS(m): 8:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Why re we always cheated? Even our number one spot dey won't give us!!

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by looseweight: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Body odur is changing statistics

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Zico5(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Good, thanks to Buhari, if making corruption unattractive will renew our image in the world, then I'm ok. It has done great damage to this nation, that is why this country is crumbling but some selfish people could not see that. They want sudden change in the face of harsh economy. The reality of the fact is that no nation can bring about any tangible development if corruption persevere.

5 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by vosquare: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2015
We dn get oga o grin grin
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by menix(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2015
I knew APC goons is going to shop on this...

South Africa dey learn when it comes to corruption in nigeria..

Do south African Police collect 20rand from bus drivers

Do SA phone shops sell soaps as phone.

Do SA president tour the world looking for banks that could hide his money..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku, Ayu, Lamido, PDP Big Wigs Land In Kano For Shekarau’s Defection / Omolara Amosu Returns Stolen N381m To FG / Murray-Bruce & Dino Melaye At Osinbajo's Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.