Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,552 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:53 PM

Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira (5784 Views)

Navy Arrests Boat With 400 Truckload Of Stolen Crude Oil / Buhari Rejects 400 Million Naira Armoured Cars / 'why They Are Attacking Bola Tinubu': Analysis By Danladi Daniels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2009
Gov Daniel’s Cook Keeps N400Million In Bank Accounts
May 28, 2009 17:30 (1 hour ago), 177 views

By Jide Osokoya
The police in Ogun state have claimed that N400 million has been found in two bank accounts of a cook to the state’s governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, P.M.NEWS learnt in Abeokuta, this morning.

However, from the governor’s office, Okemosan, came a rebuttal that the money found in the accounts was ‘just N13 milliom’. The accounts maintained by the cook, Tope Ikujenyo, are lodged with IBTC/Stanbic and Intercontinental Bank. The cook was arrested on Monday, inside the governor’s private library where he had attempted to steal a huge sum of money belonging to his boss. After his arrest and detention at the Ogun State Police Command, Eleweran, Abeokuta, the 26-year-old Ikorodu-born domestic staff was said to have confessed to the police that though he was unlucky the day he was caught, he had been taking money from there for a long time.
Impeccable police sources who revealed the financial scandal, told P.M.NEWS, that Tope’s two secret bank accounts were exposed by a transaction alert on his phone in the course of interrogation by the police. The sources revealed that on tracing the accounts to IBTC/Stanbic and Intercontinental banks, the total amount found was about N400 million, adding that they were being hampered in their investigation by close aides of the governor’s. “We would have extracted a lot of vital information from the suspect, but the Deputy Chief of Staff to governor Daniel, Mr. Soji Akin-Bankole, told us not to torture the man,” the police sources informed P.M.NEWS.

An inside source at the governor’s office at Okemosan, who confirmed the discovery of Tope Ikujenyo’s two bank accounts, stated that the amount being circulated in the secretariat was N13 million, but quickly added that it could be an official figure. When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ogun State Police Command, Mr. Muyiwa Awojobi, said he heard about the issue but had not been briefed. Said the PPRO this morning: “I’ve not been properly briefed about the matter and I did not receive any signal to that effect, even though journalists have been calling me since yesterday about the issue.”

He, however, promised to get back to P.M.NEWS after he might have been briefed on the case. Reacting to the story, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the governor, Mr. Adegbenro Adebanjo, said: “Once again, that is another of such fictions about Ogun state that we hear and read regularly. “The fact is that a steward was discovered to have illegally entered the study room of the governor’s. Police are investigating the incident. However, no dime of government money was stolen.” Adebanjo had earlier told journalists that nothing like that happened.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/05/28/gov-daniels-cook-keeps-n400m-in-bank-accounts
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by MrCrackles(m): 6:41pm On May 28, 2009
Bloody lie angry

I know the money found on the bastard is more than 13 Million Naira!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On May 28, 2009
Well, from my knowledge of how things go, being caught is one thing. So I will wait to see what comes of this. I mean this man is likely to continue with no more mention of this.
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2009
i gotta be dreaming(400 milla). i need to go back to sleep. shocked
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by mustafar1: 7:13pm On May 28, 2009
they said its just 13 thousand now grin . common recharge card money. grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by beystwin: 7:23pm On May 28, 2009
So Gov. Daniels have so much money that even his cook can steal 400 million naira from him. shocked
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by blacksta(m): 7:35pm On May 28, 2009
Fake story - So OGD has 400 Mill in is private study
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by otokx(m): 7:47pm On May 28, 2009
This country don tire person; na so dem just dey thief the money and e no gree finish den dey will tell us 7 point agenda when na only 1 point dey dem mind and that na to thief all we money finish
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by blackspade(m): 12:38am On May 29, 2009
Punish him the Chinese way! angry
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by AloyEmeka9: 12:43am On May 29, 2009
Impossible. There is no way he/she can keep 400million in one place unless they mean $400M Zimbabwean dollars.
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by biina: 6:40am On May 29, 2009
I doubt the guy would have gotten N400 million and still continued as a cook, but I expect the actual amount is much higher than the N13 million (possibly N40 million).
He might not have stolen the entire money from the governor's study, but might have gotten some for doing 'espionage' work for interested parties e.g. taking peeks at documents, appointment lists, eavesdropping on conversation etc.
It is not uncommon for domestic staff to people in high positions to engage in these
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by kosovo(m): 6:43am On May 29, 2009
lol
a joke?
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Sagamite(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Impeccable police sources who revealed the financial scandal, told P.M.NEWS, that Tope’s two secret bank accounts were exposed by a transaction alert on his phone in the course of interrogation by the police. The sources revealed that on tracing the accounts to IBTC/Stanbic and Intercontinental banks, the total amount found was about N400 million, adding that they were being hampered in their investigation by close aides of the governor’s. “We would have extracted a lot of vital information from the suspect, but the Deputy Chief of Staff to governor Daniel, Mr. Soji Akin-Bankole, told us not to torture the man,” the police sources informed P.M.NEWS.

Fuuuuck me, see admission of our police's wonderful interrogation techniques.

A police officer is blatantly admitting torture and the reporter and police authority are not even flinching. shocked
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2009
Even America torture at the guantanamo Bay grin
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Sagamite(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Even America torture at the guantanamo Bay grin

Haba!

In America's case it was only advanced interrogation techniques, not torture  . Dem own get sugar-coated name.  grin

Ours is advanced confession techniques, it is a must that you say you did it.  grin
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by philip0906(m): 10:46am On May 29, 2009
"just 13 million naira"! grin
may God bless this country d more grin!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by idupaul: 11:00am On May 29, 2009
when will they be recruiting a new cook, i swear am really interested, I love cooking esp for governors grin
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by JJYOU: 11:01am On May 29, 2009
wbb
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by jaybee3(m): 11:08am On May 29, 2009
figure being mentioned looks dodgy but then it's naija where everything goes.
A conspiracy just creeped into ma head, could it be that the cook might have stole some money plus got paid for the bountifully for the unresolved gbenga daniel's poisoning?
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 29, 2009
All this ShouTing won't solve the PuzzL3!! Na we W3!! D3m go Fr33 the Guy!! ShioR!!!!

All of d3M na OLOSHI!!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by philip0906(m): 12:31pm On May 29, 2009
All this ShouTing won't solve the PuzzL3!! Na we W3!! D3m go Fr33 the Guy!! ShioR!!!!

All of d3M na OLOSHI!!
e b like say ur keyboard na chinese! cheesy
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by desgiezd(m): 12:49pm On May 29, 2009
#13m or #400m in the account of a steward? If being a steward is so lucrative why then would one be aspiring to be a doctor, an accountant, an engineer or whatever with the attendant inability to save even #500,000 in a year. I never knew that there are rivers of money flowing endlessly and in-exhaustively in government houses where whoever is lucky to get there can draw money like you are drawing water even to your satisfaction with the consequent explosion of one's bank account that otherwise would have been in red!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by eyonigger(m): 1:27pm On May 29, 2009
How can this dude have 400 mills and still stealing?

Maybe the figure was exaggerated, well a thief wont stop stealing until he/she gets caught.

Gbenga Daniel is the most useless GOV in the entire History of Nigeria, he does not run his mafioso properly.

Too many scandals for this dude.
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by ban1(m): 1:42pm On May 29, 2009
how many years of experience is needed 2 do dis cook job? I guess 10yrs as a PDP member. God forgive Nigerians!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by saintade01(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2009
Nigeria is becoming like a movie day by day.

Interesting things keep happening smiley
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by dorleey(f): 3:05pm On May 29, 2009
O boy! if an ordinary cook whose duty is regulated 2 d kitchen can steal 13m or 400, wat abt d servants cleaning d rooms, d financial minister handling finance issue or d main oga who have d final say? how can such huge amount of money be kept in a house? dis country self! tell me it's not real!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On May 29, 2009
That is one rich cook.
Nigeria of ours.
And the roads in ogun state are not that good, the state is in shamble, and the cook to the gov found with so much money.
Na wa oh
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by dominictj(m): 3:25pm On May 29, 2009
This is a case of barboon de work, monkey dey chop.
Our so called political leaders are not only murderers, they are armed robbers. The more reason why the military felt reluctant to relinguish power to the politicians for a very long time. A Gov cook with #400 mil when graduates are roaming the streets of Lagos and other cities insearch of jobs that are not forth coming. Only God can save us from this wicked and selfish individuals
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by atilla(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2009
Chei chineke ooooooooooooooo. God why did i go to school, y didnt i just be a cook and work my way to OGD or Yaraduas kitchen. Chineke ooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by jensinmi(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2009
@ Sagamite.

Chai. These policemen are useless o. Then the IG of this same Police Force will come out and tell the world that The Nigerian Police force do not torture people in its custody.

-----------------------------------------------------

God punish anybody who he want spoil democracy
Lagbaja epe
Igba na nko
Epe
Igba na nko
Epe
GOD PUNISH THEM!!!
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by Remii(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2009
atilla:

Chei chineke ooooooooooooooo. God why did i go to school, y didnt i just be a cook and work my way to OGD or Yaraduas kitchen. Chineke ooooooooooooooooo.

My brother sometimes, I wonder why one went through the rigor of "differentiating an imaginary "X" to the forth derivatives" and still have to work for years to make 1% of what some "lucky bastards" would take in just a day. I keep wondering. lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: Gov. Daniels Cook Caught With 400 Million Naira by freshmoney(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2009
U sure sey no be Gov Daniel ask the cook make e dey keep the money for am. Make we no dey deceive ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) / TOP 21 Nigerian Tech Ceos. / Flood: FG Commits N3bn To Mitigate Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.