Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling (2625 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / Plz Help. AC Not Cooling When Weather Is Hot, Cools A Little When On Top Speed. / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2015
I drive a KIA Rio 2012 which was recently transferred to me in the office. At the point of transfer, I was told the radiator seat has issues which caused d car to overheat when I drive in traffic for long hours. This also affected the car AC. This was fixed by a mechanic in my area and there was no overheating again and d AC worked but d cooling wasn't as good as it was before. Two weeks later, I noticed d AC was not working again. This time, I took it to KIA. I was told d AC pipes have been tampered with and cannot be fixed under warranty. The estimates given to me was just too much.

I need help to fix the AC
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by southcent: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2015
you need to see a trained mech asap..m2c
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by greatmarshall(m): 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
Go see mechanic Jor... Abi Nairaland don turn workshop? Mtcheeew...
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by Originalsly: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Should've gone to Kia in the first place instead of the temporary fix tampering mechanic. Guess u now need to find certified technicians.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On Dec 03, 2015
tunlex01:
I drive a KIA Rio 2012 which was recently transferred to me in the office. At the point of transfer, I was told the radiator seat has issues which caused d car to overheat when I drive in traffic for long hours. This also affected the car AC. This was fixed by a mechanic in my area and there was no overheating again and d AC worked but d cooling wasn't as good as it was before. Two weeks later, I noticed d AC was not working again. This time, I took it to KIA. I was told d AC pipes have been tampered with and cannot be fixed under warranty. The estimates given to me was just too much.

I need help to fix the AC

Possible low charge. Technician has to check and find leak.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 12:54am On Dec 04, 2015
The technician that checked it yesterday mentioned that the compressor is weak and will be replaced. But it has to be changed from auto to a manual compressor. I don't know if I should go for the manual compressor cos am scared if that wont cause a damage to d car.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 12:55am On Dec 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Possible low charge. Technician has to check and find leak.
There was no leak found
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by Emekasmart(m): 1:10am On Dec 04, 2015
tunlex01:
The technician that checked it yesterday mentioned that the compressor is weak and will be replaced. But it has to be changed from auto to a manual compressor. I don't know if I should go for the manual compressor cos am scared if that wont cause a damage to d car.
Which one is auto and manual compressor again?
Nothing wey person no go hear..

1 Like

Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by honmusa(m): 4:01am On Dec 04, 2015
tunlex01:
plz run for your drive life from that technician that want to put holes in your pocket.
REPLACE WHAT YOU MEET THERE.!!!!!
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
Emekasmart:

Which one is auto and manual compressor again?
Nothing wey person no go hear..
I have heard that from 2 different AC technician. Are you sure there is nothing like manual or auto compressor?
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by me2me: 9:22am On Dec 04, 2015
Manual compressor is without climate control thus you adjust cabin temperate manually while automatic compressor is with climate control which adjusts cabin temperature automatically ensuring set temperature is maintained or when set on Full auto it completely adjusts the cabin temperate to balance with the external temperature when it gets hot or cool.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2015
me2me:
Manual compressor is without climate control thus you adjust cabin temperate manually while automatic compressor is with climate control which adjusts cabin temperature automatically ensuring set temperature is maintained or when set on Full auto it completely adjusts the cabin temperate to balance with the external temperature when it gets hot or cool.
Thanks. Is it okay if I change to manual compressor? I was told I may find it difficult getting an auto compressor that matches my car.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
tunlex01:
. Is it okay if I change to manual compressor? I was told I may find it difficult getting an auto compressor that matches my car.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by honmusa(m): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2015
tunlex01:

Thanks. Is it okay if I change to manual compressor? I was told I may find it difficult getting an auto compressor that matches my car.
The implication of changing to manual compressor is your ecu will not able to account for the extra load imposed by the compressor on your engine and hence will load your engine unnecessary just like a parasite .
This will eventually lead to wear and tear on your engine .
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2015
honmusa:

The implication of changing to manual compressor is your ecu will not able to account for the extra load imposed by the compressor on your engine and hence will load your engine unnecessary just like a parasite .
This will eventually lead to wear and tear on your engine .
Thanks...will auto compressor still have the same effect on d car?
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by honmusa(m): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2015
tunlex01:
Thanks...will auto compressor still have the same effect on d car?
simply replace the compressor u find in your car.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by tunlex01(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
honmusa:

simply replace the compressor u find in your car.
Thank you
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by DECOtech(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
tunlex01:

what they (roadsiders) call manual compressors are simply the old school compressors. the type that can run with or without gas in the system and they have preference to the peogout brand. for them, it is easier to install and manage cos all they need to do is lock all bolts n nuts, fill gas and there you go.

but There's a downside to it ....it puts more load on your engine, zaps your fuel and increases the rate of engine wear. That's why the white man developed the "VARIABLE DISPLACEMENT COMPRESSOR"

Quiet true that they can't find your kind of compressor in the market but then, you can walk into KIA dealership, buy the compressor and walk away. or order from eBay.
Re: HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling by sultaan(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
OP God gave you a car but you're insisting on getting back on a donkey

The best people to fix your car is the Kia people you are been cheap when you were suppose to take it to them while under warranty now kazeem has Jack up your car you are going to pay for his Christmas cow at this rate. Find competent people non of your road side will understand 2012 technology

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 / This Check Signal On My Es330 Is Always Steady / Where Can I Customize My Car Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.