Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,854 members, 7,798,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} (101816 Views)

10 Breathtaking And Beautifully Captured Wildlife Photographs / The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by steffans(m): 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
The lion which escaped from the premises of the Jos Wildlife Park, on Wednesday morning, has been killed.

Pandemonium rocked the Tudun Wada area of Jos North, as the lion escaped at about 8am while it was being fed.

Hours after the animal escaped from the wildlife park, it was killed by officials of the Operation Safe Haven.

Director of Press Affairs of Governor Simon Lalong, Emmanuel Nanle, confirmed the development, saying the lion was killed before it could harm anyone.

Nanle said, “Security men haunted the lion and killed it as soon as they were contacted. So people should go about their normal duties as there is no threat to their lives from the animal.”

Meanwhile, operators of the park disclosed that the lion was shot after it attempted to attack its rescuers.Hours after the animal escaped from the wildlife park, it was killed by officials of the Operation Safe Haven.

Director of Press Affairs of Governor Simon Lalong, Emmanuel Nanle, confirmed the development, saying the lion was killed before it could harm anyone.

Nanle said, “Security men haunted the lion and killed it as soon as they were contacted. So people should go about their normal duties as there is no threat to their lives from the animal.”

Meanwhile, operators of the park disclosed that the lion was shot after it attempted to attack its rescuers.
http://ynaija.com/escapee-lion-killed-in-jos/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Seun(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo, though?
Update: details added to first post.

507 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by spinna: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
So they couldn't even shoot the lion with an immobiliser of some sort?

Imagine an instance where all the lions escape from their zoo one after the other and we keep on killing them,what then happens? Would there be a surviving lion left in Nigeria?
SHM for lack of tranquliser to tame an escaping animal!

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Idrismusty97(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo?
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch. The OP didn't post the entire details, we don't know if the lion was hostile to the community. You don't show love to animals that want to eat you. And before you start with the "Africa are local" stuff, This is Russia shooting dead a bear that wandered into a shopping mall. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34535577
And yea it wasn't with tranquilizer, They should have used the tranquilizer and wait for the bear to have a nice sleep while chewing on a policeman head like lollipop.

307 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by daamazing(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
So they killed the lion!awon ______10000zillion%.the animal escaped,anw was within the park,yet no tranquilizer to tranquilize the poor lion.am sure dats d only lion sef in dah state!exits outa thread,sorry nairaland.B4 i exit lasisi sent his greetings cus he wont be able to comment due to d fact that he went for end time annual convention at uk.END TIME ZOOERS OF THE END TIME ZOO REBUPLIC ABI REPUBLIC...all sha'n last days!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by RobinHez(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
embarassed

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Omotayor123(f): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
Better than allowing it to kill! undecided
which kind zoo be that sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by steffans(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo?, though?

Oga Seun... Do we have animal control in 9ja?
When it escaped.. The tourism board called in soldiers and police.. I guess the plan was to bring it down..

An animal in confinement since 1972.. Can be of great danger...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by kobonaire(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo?, though?
It is indeed sad ....

6 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sveen: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
Maybe it's the town people that killed it. The zoo worker would capture it instead.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
I think the lion might have been killed by mai namas that wanted to test how sharp the edge of their knife is. grin grin grin

Seun:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by femzysticks(m): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
END TIME LION

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sveen: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch.
Majestic means:- Of royalty or splendor. And that is Lion, the King of the jungle.

It is sometimes good to read and understand, some statements makes you look plain dumb(Sorry if the word is vulgar, I can't seem to find another word to describe you).

The most annoying part of your post is that you said of it eats him or his little ones. I hereby daresay that you don't know how to communicate, and you need to work on it.

Ciao!

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by femzysticks(m): 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch. The OP didn't post the entire details, we don't know if the lion was hostile to the community. You don't show love to animals that want to eat you.

You are right anyways

But how are we sure this is the exact lion that escaped

8 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by barume: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sveen:
Maybe it's the town people that killed it. The zoo worker would capture it instead.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Idrismusty97(m): 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sveen:
Majestic means:- Of royalty or splendor. And that is Lion, the King of the jungle.

It is sometimes good to read and understand, some statements makes you look plain dumb(Sorry if the word is vulgar, I can't seem to find another word to describe you).

The most annoying part of your post is that you said of it eats him or his little ones. I hereby daresay that you don't know how to communicate, and you need to work on it.

Ciao!
I know what majestic means Mr intelligent, Maybe you need to read the comment again to understand the sarcasm.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Mogidi: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
If this was the lion of Ubima I would have demanded for the head, give me the head of that useless lion.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sijo01(f): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
I felt for the lion when I saw it on NTA news earlier. Too bad.

7 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by UnknownT: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
As in, dont they have tranquilizer darts instead of killing it? Thats how JTF are firing life bullets at protesters. I know the lion will be eaten. Welcome to Nigeria, where any animal killed must be roasted and eaten. I HEREBY CROWN THE PERSON THAT TOOK THE SHOT THAT KILLED THE LION, "OGBUAGU I OF JOS"

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by johnshagb(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
Poor lion. You've been trending on Twitter since morning.

I just believe it won't end up as pepper soup cos that is the norm around here these days

2 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by CACAWA(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
lol..some people say we dont have animal control in Nigeria...so how do you think we were able to control marmar piss?

steffans:

.. Do we have animal control in 9ja?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Xbee007(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
Only in Africa!!!

6 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Seun(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Details posted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by omusiliyu(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
I guess the lion is running to Niger bridge in Onitsha to dance to IPOD tunes

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by bonechamberlain(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
finally.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sijo01(f): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sveen:

Capture a lion. With what?

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by djWALE(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
They for let am escape go sambisa forest....ooih,i forgot the idiots have a gun
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by kekakuz(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
F[size=20pt]two words.......... Tranquilizer dart [/size]F

3 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by adonbilivit: 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
u love animals tho

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.