Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} (101815 Views)

10 Breathtaking And Beautifully Captured Wildlife Photographs / The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nature8(m): 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sad
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Mom007(f): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Seun post=40623297]So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo, though?

Tranq darts ke? Bro this is Nigeria, not a bond movie. The question should be how did the lion escape in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo, though?
Update: details added to first post.

A loose Lion in an urban environment requires different levels of non lethal to lethal response.

I'm certain the operatives on the ground chose to use a lethal weapon on a prized possession because of danger to themselves or public at large.

I'm okay with how they responded.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Mom007 post=40629284][/quote]

That lions fate was sealed as soon as it escaped into an urban center.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sveen: 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sijo01:

Capture a lion. With what?
It didn't just end up in the zoo one day, it was captured and locked up.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Dthespian: 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
End Time Lion

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by spellingcheck(m): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
torqque7:
yes but pit bulls are not special..they can be got easily even if u want 200 of them u can get them so they are not valuable like the lion in Nigeria and jos for that matter..and bears too can easily be found in your backyard in some states in america so they are not as special too..jos a the town that desperately needs to attract people with tourism then they are killing the little one they have left?smh its a shame...if u watch national geographic or animal planet ul see that even snakes are rescued rather than killed becos they are exotic animals let alone a lion..common India self that a tiger entered a village and still attacked people was tranquilized not killed and they have a lot of tigers in the jungles of India but they are exotic and endangered animals so they knew tranquilizer was the best option.. we really need to get our priorities right,they shouldn't have a lion when they have no tranquilizers for emergency situations..

you watch too much nat geo bros, go on youtube and see how tigers, lions elephant are killed. endangered species or not. when animals pose a threat to human life, they are taken down. A Lion trainer was attached by a lion, the lion was taken down.

The report shows clearly that the lion wanted to attack the workers. Human lives comes first, every other things follow up.

like a said, go on youtube and watch real life situations of "special" animal taken down.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by docadams: 10:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

A loose Lion in an urban environment requires different levels of non lethal to lethal response.

I'm certain the operatives on the ground chose to use a lethal weapon on a prized possession because of danger to themselves or public at large.

I'm okay with how they responded.

Hmmmmmmm

In my view, this comment is the closest to the what actually happened.
@Seun, you have a point too. One can like animals but I condemn people that claim to love them. Such persons are wont to spend the salary of a professor feeding their animal pet. To elevate the life of an animal above a human is insane. Utter rubbish
Imagine making animals benefactors of human will. Nonsense.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by guyXander(m): 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo, though?
While risking human casualties. Do we value human life at all sef?
What if the tranquilizer don expire?
Instead of thanking God, you're busy looking for fault somewhere.
Them go watch you will oh
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by guyXander(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
Damn Africans always think they're instinct is substandard.
Low self-esteem.
It was the right call.
Next time make e stay cagecage grin
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sveen:
Majestic means:- Of royalty or splendor. And that is Lion, the King of the jungle.

It is sometimes good to read and understand, some statements makes you look plain dumb(Sorry if the word is vulgar, I can't seem to find another word to describe you).

The most annoying part of your post is that you said of it eats him or his little ones. I hereby daresay that you don't know how to communicate, and you need to work on it.

Ciao!

It is sad that you call someone else dumb right after calling a Lion "King of the Jungle"

You should know that LIONS DON'T LIVE IN THE JUNGLE

This misconception is just as a result of misinformation from Hollywood movies like "Lion King"

Google is your friend.

Ciao.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by onatisi(m): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
thundafire:

it is dy rules anywer wild animals re kept,once an animal escapes it is destined 2 be killed nd nt captured so no talk rubbish but i knw our pple dnt ve darts
rubbish,which kind yeye rules ? ,animals have escaped from zoo in other countries and they were recaptured .why is it that everything in Nigeria has to be different from the rest of the world?

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Truth is killing the lion is a great waste.Tranquilizers shd have been on standby at the management or Zookeeper's office just in case.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
oga seun,you don too watch American film oh.having tranquilizer in Nigeria is just like having speed breaker in ajegunle
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
cheesy.
Idrismusty97:
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch.[/b] The OP didn't post the entire details, we don't know if the lion was hostile to the community. You don't show love to animals that want to eat you. And before you start with the "Africa are local" stuff, This is Russia shooting dead a bear that wandered into a shopping mall. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34535577
And yea it wasn't with tranquilizer, [b]They should have used the tranquilizer and wait for the bear to have a nice sleep while chewing on a policeman head like lollipop
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by daamazing(m): 12:09am On Dec 03, 2015
AyamConfidence:
mumu space booker
wer*y 100%
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by sulakishop(m): 12:32am On Dec 03, 2015
O boy! See pepper soup o!!
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by delors(m): 1:26am On Dec 03, 2015
qotaqa:
Pls, can u tell me why u quoted me with that picture? undecided
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by obowunmi(m): 1:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Some people have found meat for the week.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Originalsly: 4:59am On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmm....so they called in the military to kill the oldest lion in history?....at 43 yrs old I'm sure if they chased it for two minutes it would just give up and lay down gasping for breath!
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by bayulll01(m): 5:10am On Dec 03, 2015
steffans:

http://ynaija.com/escapee-lion-killed-in-jos/

Nigeria deficiency in all aspect of life,must they end the animal life due to their incompetence and uselessness,dint they hear about sedatives that can knock the lion unconscious for hours and put him in his habitat,typical african nation.

No creativity.
No development
No ideology
No innovation
No creativity

All they know kill and eat,no wonder african will still remain the same in the next 20yrs
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by cybrninja(m): 5:45am On Dec 03, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch. The OP didn't post the entire details, we don't know if the lion was hostile to the community. You don't show love to animals that want to eat you. And before you start with the "Africa are local" stuff, This is Russia shooting dead a bear that wandered into a shopping mall. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34535577
And yea it wasn't with tranquilizer, They should have used the tranquilizer and wait for the bear to have a nice sleep while chewing on a policeman head like lollipop.

ure damn funny
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Kreamie(m): 5:55am On Dec 03, 2015
Look at thte poor creature shedding tears of blood. cry

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by AAhmdi(m): 6:09am On Dec 03, 2015
End time Escape
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by laytoshtwo: 6:52am On Dec 03, 2015
Sijo01:
I felt for the lion when I saw it on NTA news earlier. Too bad.
They broadcasted their stupidity on NTA

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by ayindejimmy(m): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2015
steffans:

This is cruel. A lion that has been kept in solitary confinement since the 70s, the first time it escape all they could do is shoot him at first contact.
What happened to the tranquilizers?

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2015
The moment i heard the authority invited Soldiers and other security outfit to hunt it down, i knew common sense was not common for this people!!

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sijo01(f): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2015
Sveen:
It didn't just end up in the zoo one day, it was captured and locked up.

When it was much younger.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Sveen: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2015
Sijo01:

When it was much younger.
A grown up lion can be captured.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 03, 2015
Seun:

They dont know what is tranquilizers, thats what zoo people in J town do when they need meat for xmas, they kill their wildlife, they have neraly decimated all their animals in the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by MrCork: 7:56am On Dec 03, 2015
steffans:

...MUSS U HOMEBASE PEOPLE EAT EVERYTIN?....WHA THA FOK!!!(no ofeense) undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.