Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations (25064 Views)

Obiano Blasts Okorocha, Calls Him A Rabble Rouser / EFCC Docks Usman Jibrin, Mshelia, And Ahmadu Over N600m fraud / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by ruggedboy01: 6:45am On Dec 03, 2015
OWERRI—The former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, has expressed shock over media reports that Imo State government has earmarked over N600 million for Christmas and New Year decorations in the state.

According to a press statement by his media aide, Mr. Chibuike Onyeukwu, the former Deputy Speaker questioned why Imo should spend such huge sums at a time the citizenry are going through untold hardship arising from over 20 months of unpaid salary arrears and pensions.

It was the considered opinion of Chief Ihedioha that the 27 local government councils had been comatose for years, while several industrial disputes had remained unresolved.

“There are several unresolved industrial disputes, while the state’s infrastructure base has collapsed. Today, there is palpable lack of vision for the genuine development of the state, but the government chose to embark on such inciting and frivolous window dressing,” Ihedioha fumed.

Continuing, Chief Ihedioha said that “despite the prevailing widespread disenchantment being expressed by citizens, who recently called for his immediate impeachment over the alarming rate of hunger and insecurity occasioned by the inept handling of issues of governance and unrepentant deceit so far exhibited by the Okorocha led administration, the governor has refused to repent or address such concerns and other critical issues.”

While saying that “preparations for Christmas celebration is a tradition all over the world,” Ihedioha, however, said, it was “ridiculous and indeed smacks of insensitivity for this government to spend over N600 million on decorations when families can no longer afford their meals and basic needs as a result of non- payment of salaries, pensions and other entitlements.”

He expressed displeasure that Governor Okorocha had refused to constitute his cabinet six months after election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/n600m-xmas-new-yr-decorations-ihedioha-blasts-okorocha/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Nellybank(m): 6:51am On Dec 03, 2015
Honestly am struggling to see the difference between APC and PDP. These guys only believe in sucking us dry. Mtcheeeew

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by jmichlins(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Anyone that supports this governor cause me political affiliation, I pray that your destiny be mismanaged the same way he's doing the resources of the state. What's to celebrate this christmas sef

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Kayendy(m): 6:55am On Dec 03, 2015
When u choose an armed robber. Over a petty thief

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by dominique(f): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2015
Our Politicians, misplacing priorities since 1900

14 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Demmocrats(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
With 600 million Naira, IMO state government can start like 60 Garri producing factory to employ so many youths with no jobs.

Wisdom is better than silver and gold.

Anyway this is the view of one man, never heard from the Governors side before i conclude.

http://twitter.com/lingeriecity

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by kennyman2000(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
This country is a joke, i swear.

If a teacher should give any of my child a question that states '' Define Nigeria'' and my child writes '' Nigeria is a joke''

Me and the teacher will have problem if the teacher mark my child wrong. Honestly, Nigeria is a joke.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
Rochas Okorocha is a political vagabond, a man whom the gods have spit out, a man enslaved by the hatred his people has for him. His days are nigh, he won't finish his tenure.

-CramJones

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by efilefun(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
With workers been owed salaries of months, I can believe any reasonable person will spend such amount on mere celebration. Make them catch am flog better sense inside him head

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by endtimesblog: 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
600M shocked shocked shocked shocked

endtime Okorocha

endtime Apc

endtime Decorations

endtime politician

endtime ojelu

endtime omo ibo

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Sijo01(f): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
Chaiiiii, 600milla for decoration? Is he decorating the whole state? Polithiefians, make una fear God and humanity

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by kingarizona1(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2015
600 million!!! I knew it. When I saw the man decorating the streets of Owerri I knew that Another millions of naira has been looted. The annoying part is that he Started the decoration on the first week of November(Christmas never reach na) and he's yet to pay up all the money he owes state worker

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by ChappyChase: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2015
This is not fair nah! I created this thread first at exactly 6:03 and instead of it making front page, this one did! All this partial mods, God dey watch una oo!
Mynd44 me and you dey quarrel? You blocked my thread cause I complained?

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by psalmbuk: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2015
End time/ End of the year blast
Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2015
#600 million ...choi..?
adonblivit until I see d pishure of d money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Segse(m): 7:07am On Dec 03, 2015
Funny...
I wonder how some state governments find it easy to spend ridiculous amounts on frivolities. N600 million just for Christmas decorations? So how much will he spend on other things?
Endtime spendings!

4 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by abdulrazat(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2015
I pity Imo state.

Rochas is just running a family business over there.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2015
End time decoration leleyi o. 600m Ki la n ba ka undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by PRYCE(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2015
600 Milla?

No wonder Beremx withdrew her support for him!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Shortyy(f): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2015
Rochas has killed us oo. Wayo man lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Viktor1983(m): 7:09am On Dec 03, 2015
Most of you talking here, supported him on social media, even voted him,y'all deal with it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by sniperwolf(m): 7:09am On Dec 03, 2015
Rochas at it again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Aribambam: 7:10am On Dec 03, 2015
[ first time to be on fp
600 mirion naila it is a tu mush money ooo

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Iceyquincy(f): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2015
I cry for my state.. #600m, for decor? . Bros Rochas I hail oooo

10 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by ruggedboy01: 7:10am On Dec 03, 2015
Cc beremx angry
Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by onatisi(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2015
What is the fuss all about?You should even be thankful to GOd that the cost is just 600million and not 2billion. All of you complaining better take time unless I will tell rochas to triple that amount.

@rochas, carry go jare nothing do you.

Apc! Change!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 03, 2015
we are watching
Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by tafrica(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2015
My people, here is the face of #CHANGE

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2015
@first, i thought it was 'AMADIOHA'
see his big tummy like a 12 month old pregnancy

5 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations by kurt09(m): 7:11am On Dec 03, 2015
The spirit is willing to criticize him but the flesh is weak. YMW Beneficiary!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Priscilla Ekwere Eleje: 5 Things About 1st Nigerian Woman With Naira Signature / 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom / Governor Umahi On Queue During LGA Election In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.