Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage (2167 Views)

The Height Difference Between This Man And His Wife Though (photo) / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting / What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2015
Hi everyone I don't know if am posting this in the right section but I am seriously confused.
The problem is my boyfriend who is india(North India) but reside and work in Nigeria has been asking to marry me and meet my family.

Character wise he's caring, full of respect, hardworking, handsome and everything a woman want in a man.
But I don't know anything about his culture, values, norms except the few he told me.

I don't know if I should go ahead with this or not.
I don't know if such Marriage works out.
Please if you know anything about India man and Nigeria woman marriage,I would love hear advice or if you are in such marriage please advice me on what to do
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Mariecakes(f): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2015
Love and Lots of Understanding is all you really need..India is very rich in culture just like the yorubas you cant learn all at once .. you have to spend more time with them to learn their ways n i also suggest plenty of Zeeworld grin grin grin .. If you are yoruba, for the wedding he has to come Dobale wink
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by tintingz(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Start watching India soap opera.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Richy4(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2015
angrybird007:
Hi everyone I don't know if am posting this in the right section but I am seriously confused.
The problem is my boyfriend who is india(North India) but reside and work in Nigeria has been asking to marry me and meet my family.

Character wise he's caring, full of respect, hardworking, handsome and everything a woman want in a man.
But I don't know anything about his culture, values, norms except the few he told me.

Please if you know anything about India man and Nigeria woman marriage,I would love hear advice or if you are in such marriage please advice me on what to do

They are very nice people. Most of them. Infact my best friends were from India.

But you as the bride will be the one to pay the dowry on the man's head...I am serious ooooo grin I hope you got a lot of money to spend on your man's head on bride price oh sorry bridegroom price cheesy

As for racism, naturally few of the enlightened Indian Parents are nice but majority of them likes their sons and daughter to marry from their people. and they will not hesitate to make that really clear to you. except maybe if you are a white girl and they will be proud of their son for bringing a white woman home. Most of them got a thing with white women..... u sabi old people now......

Most of their guys are really lazy, Not their fault anyways, they do not know all this basic domestic chore of washing their cloths etc because they surrounded their houses with million of maids. most of them do not even know how to sweep and tidy up their room. You cannot hold that against them because when some family are rich, they are really really rich. So they do nothing except taking their shower and going to school.

women do not have much say in the family. they are culturally trained that way to be super submissive. If you are the talk active one, I fear for you especially when your mother inlaw imposes something on you, you have to carry out that order. no complain. And if the guy is an understanding person, he will help you. But most times it is beyond their control sad

Please you have to learn how to cook curry and spicy food. it is compulsory ie if you want to be on the good book of the inlaws. Most of them love eating home made meal. Sorry if you do not know how to cook.

lastly, They are closely knitted in terms of relationship. If you are the type that says my husband this, my husband that, It will not work. because your husband belong to all the family including Extended families. so if you are possessive, you have to think again

3 Likes

Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
As long as you can dance,you are covered.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Joel3(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
if I were you. I will not marry India man. haven stayed in India before myself. I can categorically tell you that Indians are big time racist to Africa blacks. you can't fit in into their society don't even think it, his family will never be happy with you this also applies to Chinese people to Africa as well. they have bad misconceptions about Africans. they see Africa as backwards people just the same way they respect whites. some sees Africa's as God punishment to bad people who ones live on earth. it's commonly easy for Africa man to marry India girl than for India man to marry Africa. except you will live with him all the rest of your life in Lagos.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by soopamom: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
angrybird007:
all you will get here are generalisations, and your case cant be the same. Why dont you get all the information you need from your boyfriend? why dont you ask to meet his family first and then forge ahead based on the reception you receive? What is communication like between you and him? why dont you submit all your fears and find out how he reacts to these?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Personality By Your Handwriting / Pls! Where Is The Best Area To Rent A House In Ogun State / What Are Signs Of Arrogance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.