Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? (6614 Views)

Poll: Which is Better?

XP: 56% (67 votes)
Vista: 43% (51 votes)
This poll has ended

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by bilms(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2009
hi,

i think xp is still better than vista or what do u think
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2009
it depends on ur computer performance though.

I have a stable laptop with good memory running Vista, I have never had to shut it down indefinitely.
something i do on a regular basis with XP
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by C2H5OH(f): 1:16am On Jun 02, 2009
i use vista but i prefer xp
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by platinumnk(f): 3:01am On Jun 02, 2009
xp for its ease of use and vista for its inventiveness.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by 4llerbe(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2009
What is inventive abt vista? Bunch of bull! Xp any day! If vista wasnt crap hw come jst 3yrs after general release dey already hav 7 up 4 release by nov! Learn frm history, all d crap os dey made were quickly phased out. Rmbr win me? Its just d looks dt fool some folks. If u had shown interest in enhancements u'd hav discovered sooo many ways of pimpin xp up 2 look even beta dan vista. Maybe all u do is a bit of surfing and wordprocessing but wen we go deep down kai vista no be am! And then imagine all d fun u can hav tweaking and soiling xp. Tried dt on vista? AND GOD, AFTER HW MANY YRS DT MAC N LINUX N ODA OS HAV BEEN VIRUS FREE MICROSOFT STILL CANT MANAGE A HALF SECURE OS? Please!
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by 4llerbe(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2009
What is inventive abt vista? Bunch of bull! Xp any day! If vista wasnt crap hw come jst 3yrs after general release dey already hav 7 up 4 release by nov! Learn frm history, all d crap os dey made were quickly phased out. Rmbr win me? Its just d looks dt fool some folks. If u had shown interest in enhancements u'd hav discovered sooo many ways of pimpin xp up 2 look even beta dan vista. Maybe all u do is a bit of surfing and wordprocessing but wen we go deep down kai vista no be am! And then imagine all d fun u can hav tweaking and soiling xp. Tried dt on vista? AND GOD, AFTER HW MANY YRS DT MAC N LINUX N ODA OS HAV BEEN VIRUS FREE MICROSOFT STILL CANT MANAGE A HALF SECURE OS? Please!
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Coretalk(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
Vista is basically Xp with all the un-necessary gui add-ons which make it incompitible with low-powered pcs such as minis.
An example is the most praised "Aero Glass interface" of vista which takes an significant amount of graphical power to run well
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
i have used 2000, i have used XP, i have been using vista for 6 month now

6 months to me is like 6 years to normal computer users. I stay on my computer for 12hours/day minimum
and i have never had a reason to regret it.
Vista is perfect for me. While i am a strong critic of other microsoft's products like IE, ASP, MSSQL, etc.
I just love this one.

If you got ur laptop from computer village, try selling it and ordering one targeted towards USA consumers.
you will love it. Use Amazon.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by ossy4rill: 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
if u hate vista u are just outdated
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by aimanosi(m): 8:02am On Jun 17, 2009
I have used xp and I am now using vista. I think vista is more reliable. It might be slow in starting up but after that u cannot compare it with xp
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 17, 2009
VistaLa Vista

Xp is outdated
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by biola44: 11:40am On Jun 17, 2009
vista is better
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by shawn123: 11:40am On Jun 17, 2009
People just dont like change, took me a while to accept vista as well. Truth be told, it is a lot easier to administer that is from an administrators point of view. Eg: connecting to wireless networks, etc alot of auto config compared to the manual ways in XP plus talking about virus, for now its the safest as it is hard for programs to run in the background.
Just get yourself a device with very good memory thats all!
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by showbobo(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2009
I love XP. . . . .
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by shawn123: 11:43am On Jun 17, 2009
saying XP is better that vista is like saying the old regular mercedes benz v boot is better than C class C500, lol, how can that be?
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2009
i use vista but i prefer XP.
Vista has way too many security prompts. . . . . . .good thing in some quaters but very very bad if you are working remotely. It gets on my tits and i dont even have any.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Fimmy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
XP is old school, Vista rules
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by SamMilla1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
Whether we agree or not, VISTA is better than xp, just that many people started with xp and are not yet used to vista.
Especially in third world countries like Nigeria. i am on Mac Apple MacBook because i always believe that

new technologies eqauls to old versions plus new features,
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by wrex001(m): 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2009
XP remains the best OS from Microsoft. Vista is just a gaming OS and since most of us dont get a computer just to play game it is rather useless. Microsoft should just stop imposing it on users. HP made it a must by not making XP drivers available for their new computers. can u imagine?
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by richjohn1(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
vista can recognise almost any type of device you plug to ur system, unlike xp where yoi go dey download drivers, but I actually prefer XP
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by SamMilla1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2009
well, lets go back to win 98 then, it is better than xp
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by utotomi7(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
It depends on your computer. If your computer is not powerfull enough, Windows Vista will slow the hell out of your computer. If your computer is powerfull enough it will run Windows Vista smoothly.

So Windows Xp is good for slow and normal computers.

and WIndows Vista can only run smootlhly on fast high performance computers.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by chuksme(m): 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
i have used Vista and XP, I prefer Xp to Vista. Whether you like it or not Xp is the Great.

The only thing with vista is that it does not need too much drivers. which makes it possible to accept any device. it needs high memory and hardisk space to work perfectly. Hight security, etc.
XP is my Window.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
back in the day, XP was unfavorably compared with windows 2000

autocad 2009 was loudly lambasted when it came out

people still complain about office 2007 because of the ribbon

the issue here is the resistance of people to change. a former boss explained a concept called the comfort zone. you have been doing a task or using a tool the same way for years. you are comfortable with it, your use of it may even be tied directly to your income/reputation. now the tool/task methodology is upgraded, and sudddenly 80% of your previous knowledge is worthless, and you are t the same level as all the new users of the tool. naturallly , you will resist change.

thats what 90% of this vista vs XP noise is about.

when i migrated from xp to vista, there were some things that i do in xp that were not natively availabe ( hacking/tweaking file types is an example) today, i can tweak my file types using creative element's file type doctor, or nirsofts filetype manager.

i always ensure i am using the most recent version of any application/tool i'm using.

90% of the people complaining about vista IMHO are lazy whiners who are not willing to go the extra mile to resolve problems. some one complains that autocad does not run on vista, therefore vista is crap. did he run it in compatibility mode? is he using the latest version?

vista is a vast improvement over xp. yes, somethings were not properly implemented eg UAC, which i always turn off within 5 minutes of a reinstall.

the most important issue for vista vs xp is the same as that of xp vs 2000 - memory.

there is only one application that i could not run in vista and that was pdms, because the latest version 12.1 is not readily available to warez monkeys

anyway, i'm using windows 7 and office 2010 RCs now ( like i said, i stay on the bleeding edge tongue) so most of the vista vs xp is a moot point.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by audio: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2009
@topic,

XP definitley, but either way, microsoft get paid.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Jaytee67(m): 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
To me it is definitely XP. Vista is too slow for my liken for now but I know it is still being updated
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by SamMilla1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
oyb:

back in the day, XP was unfavorably compared with windows 2000

autocad 2009 was loudly lambasted when it came out

people still complain about office 2007 because of the ribbon

the issue here is the resistance of people to change. a former boss explained a concept called the comfort zone. you have been doing a task or using a tool the same way for years. you are comfortable with it, your use of it may even be tied directly to your income/reputation. now the tool/task methodology is upgraded, and sudddenly 80% of your previous knowledge is worthless, and you are t the same level as all the new users of the tool. naturallly , you will resist change.

thats what 90% of this vista vs XP noise is about.

when i migrated from xp to vista, there were some things that i do in xp that were not natively availabe ( soiling/tweaking file types is an example) today, i can tweak my file types using creative element's file type doctor, or nirsofts filetype manager.

i always ensure i am using the most recent version of any application/tool i'm using.

90% of the people complaining about vista IMHO are lazy whiners who are not willing to go the extra mile to resolve problems. some one complains that autocad does not run on vista, therefore vista is crap. did he run it in compatibility mode? is he using the latest version?

vista is a vast improvement over xp. yes, somethings were not properly implemented eg UAC, which i always turn off within 5 minutes of a reinstall.

the most important issue for vista vs xp is the same as that of xp vs 2000 - memory.

there is only one application that i could not run in vista and that was pdms, because the latest version 12.1 is not readily available to warez monkeys

anyway, i'm using windows 7 and office 2010 RCs now ( like i said, i stay on the bleeding edge tongue) so most of the vista vs xp is a moot point.

you have said everything, this is what i have been trying to tell them but like u said , i was lazy to type it, \\

like it or not, vista is a vast improvement over xp.

PEOPLE SHOULD ASK THEMSELVES IF VISTA ADDED NEW FEATURES AND APPS TO XP OR REMOVED IT,
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by favcom(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
Mmmm, ?
Why do we still comparing Vista and XP when there's Windows 7 ?
I've installed the new OS and it's the best yet, believe me.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by mrdan(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
I have XP and Vista on the same Laptop and based on the 3d graphic work i do on it, Xp is beta to work on than vista. Vista takes like 1Hr to do a job it will take XP 30mins to do.

And also on some reviews i've read on some 3d sites vista is considerably slower tha XP.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by favcom(m): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
Please include Windows 7 in the pool
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
favcom:

Please include Windows 7 in the pool

windows 7 is really just a windows vista upgrade

win xp 5.0XXXXX

win vista 6.0XXXXXx

win7 6.1 XXXXXX
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Akinagirl(f): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
XP is definately better than Vista. Its also less prone to viruses. Arnt they taking Vista off the shelves now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats The Use Of Nicom Sat1 / SHOPPING Or BUSINESS WEBSITE/LANDING PAGE/BLOGS WITH .com.ng/.com FOR SMALL FEE / How To Hack Any Windows Admin Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.