Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:22 PM

The Group That Organized The Armed Protest At A Mosque In Irving, Texas, In Nove - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Group That Organized The Armed Protest At A Mosque In Irving, Texas, In Nove (689 Views)

This Is LAGOS In 1960 @ Independence. Everything Was In Order And Well Organized / Regional Youth Summit Organized By Ministry Of Regional Integration, Osun / Have You Seen This Missing Man Who Was Last Seen At A Mosque In Kaduna?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Group That Organized The Armed Protest At A Mosque In Irving, Texas, In Nove by tonychristopher: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
This protest is scheduled for December 12 at a mosque in Richardson, Texas. The organization received criticism last week for reveling the names and addresses of Muslims and others who opposed the city of Irving’s support of a Texas legislature bill to ban Sharia law from Texas courts.

The Bureau of Islamic-American Relations (BAIR) announced the December 12 protest early Tuesday morning on its Facebook page. David Wright III founded the group and also posts about the Irving mosque on his Facebook page.

BAIR hosted a group of armed protesters who stood outside of the Irving mosque on November 21. Dozens of people openly carried rifles. At least one person appeared to also be openly carrying a pistol, which is still illegal in Texas, in most cases, until the new law goes into effect next month. A few days after the meeting, Wright published the names and addresses of Muslims and supporters who spoke at a March 19 city council meeting in Irving.

In calling for the second protest in Richardson, BAIR posted, “We do not pick mosques at random.” The group claims the Richardson mosque has a “documented history” of taking in Syrian refugees and working with “terrorist front groups like CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations).”

“They are Sunni Muslims that have taken over the entire neighborhood and even renamed streets after the Islamic culture,” Wright posted on the event page. “Do I need to say anymore?”

Wright appears to be drawing scrutiny for his actions — particularly for releasing list of names and addresses last week. Talking Points Memo reported that Write posted on his Facebook page, “I am being attacked and smeared by the liberal media for legally exercising my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights and for using public data to defend my credibility when they make accusations against me.” The comments are no longer on his page.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/01/armed-protesters-plan-another-demonstration-at-texas-mosque/
Re: The Group That Organized The Armed Protest At A Mosque In Irving, Texas, In Nove by Acjohn(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
Obama has caused irrevocable damage to America, I wonder if they will ever vote a black man again.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Writing Projects/jobs Done / Stunning Photos Of Omoni Oboli And Mercy Aigbe At The Sun Newspaper Awards / Finally!!! My Greatest Fear Has Become A Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.