Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:45 PM

I Don't Know How To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Know How To Pray (2643 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know How To Pray by Adaezeagu(f): 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Prayer warriors in this forum. Pls teach me how to pray. Each time I try to pray I don't know where to start from. I need prayer points that will provoke God and chase away demons. Am a lady and i need to be praying for my husband and family. Please your contributions will be highly appreciated. MODs pls do the needful
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Horlufemi(m): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
Talk to God. He listens
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by fromnigeria(m): 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Pray like this:
Our father, who at in heaven, Hallow be thy name, Thy kingdom come...

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by donTbone(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
ROMANS 8 VS 26 GOD IS NOT CONCERNED ABOUT GRAMMER, YOU HEART AND CONNECTION IS MORE IMPORTANT

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Cutehector(m): 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
First of all, thank the father for his blessings and graces, then ask for forgiveness of sins, den ask the lord for ur intentions.... ..

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
Adaezeagu:

.. that will provoke God and chase away demon

Madam only you wan provoke God, chase demon.. na wa o...

Hope you don't end up provoking and chasing your husband.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by gratefulheart(m): 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
You start by thanking God for every thing
Gift of life, your day, ur family,work, health, friends even enemies etc then praise and praise God for who He's you can also sing to him and then worship him in the beauty of his holiness.

Ask for forgiveness of your sin if anyone offend you try and forgive the person because unforgiveness will hinder your prayers

Know you can ask God for whatever you want or desire i.e guidance, direction, wisdom etc and you can also prayer for other people. You ask whatever you in prayer in Jesus Name.

You need to be reading you bible to enable you build your faith up. Don't forget to ask the holy spirit to teach and help you to pray aright.

I will also be praying for you to grow in faith.

God bless you! Jesus is Lord

Adaezeagu:
Prayer warriors in this forum. Pls teach me how to pray. Each time I try to pray I don't know where to start from. I need prayer points that will provoke God and chase away demons. Am a lady and i need to be praying for my husband and family. Please your contributions will be highly appreciated. MODs pls do the needful

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by def111(m): 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I know say your comment go bad. son of Lucifer

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2015
def111:

I know say your comment go bad. son of Lucifer
Lol. Sometimes, people forget that strong human relationships are built on trust, love, and physical interaction. But what do I know? embarassed
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
bless you!!
Cutehector:
First of all, thank the father for his blessings and graces, then ask for forgiveness of sins, den ask the lord for ur intentions.... ..
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Anas09: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Its well.
But have u ever heard this?
The Holy Spirit is your Teacher? Ur helper? Now. Ask urself, what does he teach me or help me do? Ask Him for Help. You'll see.

Be fore you go on, let's see what the Bible says in 2Timothy 2:1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all supplication, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made for all men.
Here you see different types of prayers.

1.Supplication- this is directed at you.

2. Intercession- is directed to others. Prayer for the needs of others.(According to that passage, praying for your country, those in government, pray for lost souls to find Christ. Pray for the sick to receive healing, prayer for the needy to find help. Pray for the widows, the orphans, the destitude and hungry, for those in prison. Pray that your enemies may repent.because if they do, ur problems will reduce. cheesy

3. Prayer of thanks giving. For me this comes first.

Warfare prayer- is directed against satan and his demons.
I don't look at any man as my enemy. They are not. satan is. Men r just helpless victims in the hands of satan, so my distaste goes directly against satan.

^^ This is not mentioned in this passage. But for me this come last

I was in ur situation once. I walked up to my aunty and asked her to teach me how to pray. She said to me. Do you talk to ur Dad? I said yes, she said go and do the same, but with God, start by thanking him first. If u can count the things you know he has done, count them and then tell him thank. Afterwhich, ask him to forgive ur sins. Then go ahead and tell him what's in ur mind.

I hope you know that, you can stand before God and complain for 1hr thinking you have prayed?
Avoid complaining and murmuring. Don't seek to understand why the world is the way it is or why he allowed this and that to happen.
Beginning will be hard. When u run out of what to say, say amen and leave.
If you continue, u'll get better.
Don't go the prayer first with war fare. You know why? Satan will either laf at u if u are living in sin or a life of compromise.
Or hurt u in a way if u are born again but not serious.

Watch out for distractions. Satan will brings thoughts into ur head when u start praying, if u don't watch it, u'll just stop praying and divert to something else. If u stand to pray, don't allow anythought in ur head, don't take phone calls. If someone calls u don't answer. Concentrate.
It doesn't matter if its 10minutes. Concentrate in that 10minutes.
Join a prayer unit in ur church. Be faithful. Read ur bible often. Avoid talking carelessly. Watch what u say to others. If u have friends who gossip, cut off. Forgive. No malice. No grudges.
Most of all Love all men.
Forgive men before they even hurt U.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by HCpaul(m): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

As your name suggest, son of darkness.
What wisdom did i expect to hear from you? No! You've sold it away for splendor.

I don't expect to hear anything good from you initially.

One day, you will be no more, and likewise nairaland.
Are you satisfied with the life dat you are living?
Sigh.....
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Adaezeagu(f): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Anas09:
Its well.
But have u ever heard this?
The Holy Spirit is your Teacher? Ur helper? Now. Ask urself, what does he teach me or help me do? Ask Him for Help. You'll see.

Be fore you go on, let's see what the Bible says in 2Timothy 2:1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all supplication, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made for all men.
Here you see different types of prayers.

1.Supplication- this is directed at you.

2. Intercession- is directed to others. Prayer for the needs of others.(According to that passage, praying for your country, those in government, pray for lost souls to find Christ. Pray for the sick to receive healing, prayer for the needy to find help. Pray for the widows, the orphans, the destitude and hungry, for those in prison. Pray that your enemies may repent.because if they do, ur problems will reduce. cheesy

3. Prayer of thanks giving. For me this comes first.

Warfare prayer- is directed against satan and his demons.
I don't look at any man as my enemy. They are not. satan is. Men r just helpless victims in the hands of satan, so my distaste goes directly against satan.

^^ This is not mentioned in this passage. But for me this come last

I was in ur situation once. I walked up to my aunty and asked her to teach me how to pray. She said to me. Do you talk to ur Dad? I said yes, she said go and do the same, but with God, start by thanking him first. If u can count the things you know he has done, count them and then tell him thank. Afterwhich, ask him to forgive ur sins. Then go ahead and tell him what's in ur mind.

I hope you know that, you can stand before God and complain for 1hr thinking you have prayed?
Avoid complaining and murmuring. Don't seek to understand why the world is the way it is or why he allowed this and that to happen.
Beginning will be hard. When u run out of what to say, say amen and leave.
If you continue, u'll get better.
Don't go the prayer first with war fare. You know why? Satan will either laf at u if u are living in sin or a life of compromise.
Or hurt u in a way if u are born again but not serious.

Watch out for distractions. Satan will brings thoughts into ur head when u start praying, if u don't watch it, u'll just stop praying and divert to something else. If u stand to pray, don't allow anythought in ur head, don't take phone calls. If someone calls u don't answer. Concentrate.
It doesn't matter if its 10minutes. Concentrate in that 10minutes.
Join a prayer unit in ur church. Be faithful. Read ur bible often. Avoid talking carelessly. Watch what u say to others. If u have friends who gossip, cut off. Forgive. No malice. No grudges.
Most of all Love all men.
Forgive men before they even hurt U.
Amen.
I really appreciate your contributions. Thanks
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Adaezeagu(f): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
gratefulheart:
You start by thanking God for every thing
Gift of life, your day, ur family,work, health, friends even enemies etc then praise and praise God for who He's you can also sing to him and then worship him in the beauty of his holiness.

Ask for forgiveness of your sin if anyone offend you try and forgive the person because unforgiveness will hinder your prayers

Know you can ask God for whatever you want or desire i.e guidance, direction, wisdom etc and you can also prayer for other people. You ask whatever you in prayer in Jesus Name.

You need to be reading you bible to enable you build your faith up. Don't forget to ask the holy spirit to teach and help you to pray aright.

I will also be praying for you to grow in faith.

God bless you! Jesus is Lord

Thank you. I will follow your advice
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by grad2012(f): 4:15am On Dec 05, 2015
When u are in a relationship with him its easy,it will be just like talking to ur hubby.Check ur relationship status with GOD, do u love him? cos It so easy and simply to open up ur heart to someone u love and also listen to what his saying. Wish u d best dearie.
Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2015
HCpaul:

As your name suggest, son of darkness.
What wisdom did i expect to hear from you? No! You've sold it away for splendor.

I don't expect to hear anything good from you initially.

One day, you will be no more, and likewise nairaland.
Are you satisfied with the life dat you are living?
Sigh.....

Re: I Don't Know How To Pray by lonelydora: 5:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Start attending MFM.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna People, How True Is This? / Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? / Otem Sapiens: A Historical Account Of The Saviour Of The World From Mind Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.