Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) (46200 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit / Justices Dimgba And Ademola Back To Their Seats. Preside Over Cases Against Dss / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by TheSanct: 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
PATERNITY DNA TEST.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by ipreach: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Waw

#NoToSocialMediaBill

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by samsard(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
Formally biafran territory until lord lugard forced us to live as one nigeria wit those northern murderers knows as fulani herdsmen
Am sorry but there was no such thing as "Biafran territory", it was all a bunch of fragmented communities that had absolutely no sense of a sovereign territory. If you people weren't so hateful towards your fellow country men, Nigeria would have been a much better place. Some of the most powerful nations in the world aren't as homogeneous as we make them out to be, they have their own peculiar problems but they to overcome such problems. Black people hate each other this much. Terrible
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
[s]
pomsky:

[size=14pt]........there's a demon on your shoulder, that's why.
It's dat same demon that you entertain and reinforce its authority to being present in your life when you constantly bash men of God.
Most likely, you'll bash me too, that's exactly why the demon is there. You are their voice of expression. But if you don't deal with it and get on Christ's side, most likely, the demon will lead you to suicide eventuality. Truth said, they might actually be more than one on you.
.....well, you can throw out all I've said......t'will not come as a surprise!
Christ luv![/size]
[/s]

fucck u and ur useless christ undecided i hate religion but i believe in evil spirit cos they are more helpful
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by bmos(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
donholy28:
The court they used to oppress us

Can these group of people still be alive?
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Haryohdeji(m): 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
SNEAKING
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Icecomrade:
Its still better than this APC controlled courts we ve now. Atleast people got justice devoid of political influence

Use your brain. People got ''justice'' based on the colonialist's own ''political influence'', or interests.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:
Africans will always see the whites as gods.
No they won't.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by toprealman: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Azsalami:
See Changes, Now I can sense it that the END is near. If the world won't end someday, how would
'father sleeps with daughter for 5yrs', Gay- marriage, Lesbianism, corruption,the Strong hate btw us, 'Boy impregnants own mother', 'Cynthia
flaunts her bikini body' END, How? ENDTIME!!!
that's why the doctor told you to shake the drug before taking it. See the effect?
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Demmocrats:
If you compare Nigeria then and now you will find out that Nigeria then was better.

In ''Nigeria then'' you had virtually no hospitals, no roads, no electricity (except for a tiny few), not a single university, malnutrition, a 10% literacy rate (compared to 74% today) and cars were only for the super rich. YOU could not survive one week in ''Nigeria then'', Mr Oyibo ass licker.

When the legal systems was based on justice not by been oppressed by the rich. When Nigerian police understood they are not the judge, jury and executioner. Now a police man can shoot any individual and place a gun beside the person and label the individual a criminal not knowing that the whole system is so corrupt.

You're talking ignorant rubbish. The oppressive nature of the police was founded PRECISELY on their inherited colonial practices. The people were oppressed by the colonialists who were ''the rich''. There were numerous revolts by the people. The colonial police forces were sent to brutally crush any resistance. I've no idea where you folks get this idea that the colonial period was some sort of fairytale era of bliss. Your ignorance stinks to high heavens.

From years of governing ourselves what have we achieved so far.

Do you still live in a hut like your grandparents?

Are you an illiterate like your grandparents?

Are you feeling funky riding a bicycle on narrow dirt-paths like your grandparents?

Are you a hunter of rabbits and cockroaches, or a palmwine tapper like your grandparents?

Is your village/LG court still built of reeds and thatch?

Olodo!!!

3 Likes

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
achinaboy:
the whites left so early, I wish they are still physically in charge

If the 'whites' were still in charge, you'd likely be an illiterate villager riding a bicycle from one hut to another just like your grandparents, since ''the whites'' invested next to nothing in public education or economic expansion.

Instead of stupidly feeling inferior to ''the whites'', be an INNOSON and believe in yourself and your people.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Azsalami:
See Changes, Now I can sense it that the END is near. If the world won't end someday, how would
'father sleeps with daughter for 5yrs', Gay- marriage, Lesbianism, corruption,the Strong hate btw us, 'Boy impregnants own mother', 'Cynthia
flaunts her bikini body' END, How? ENDTIME!!!

You need deliverance..
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Intriguingly enough, that picture was taken in 1949, by which time ''the whites'' had been in office for 50 years. Why did we have thatched roof 'courts' like that after 50 years of white leadership, in which resources worth billions of dollars were exported year in year out? What did ''the whites'' do with the money? Maybe we should ask ''the Queen''.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by franco3075q(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by cardoctor(m): 11:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
Still looking the same.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by otiigba1(m): 11:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
nikkiking:
And your one of the generation, aren't you
am i? , do you think i am? smiley
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by thundafire: 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
dat guy wer hold cap 4 hand be like say dy dog him kill 2 eat dy come remove am 4rm him mawt 2 carry am go shw panel but if nt 4 dy whites i doubt if civilization 4 even enter here
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kleek: 1:37am On Dec 05, 2015
Why do these men look more handsome upright and responsible than modern Nigerians?

Why does the black race go backwards.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by October1960: 2:38am On Dec 05, 2015
Like the book Animal Farm. There are new Masters ruling us harshly.

No more Oyinbo now corrupt government officials and politicians taking our money overseas.

naijainfogalery:
cant still believe our forefathers were slaves and made to work under the most inhumane way ever and back then if your slave master takes you to court, you own don finish, you can never win grin

1 Like

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 4:06am On Dec 05, 2015
kleek:
Why do these men look more handsome upright and responsible than modern Nigerians?

Why does the black race go backwards.
It's all in your colonised mind for which you likely need therapy. Truth is, if someone tossed you one of those khaki shirts and shorts worn by those "handsome" people, you would throw it in the bin. I can't imagine you'd go for their haircuts either.

1 Like

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kleek: 4:09am On Dec 05, 2015
Rossikk:
It's all in your colonised mind. If someone tossed you one of those khaki shirts and shorts worn by those "handsome" people, you would throw it in the bin. I can't imagine you'd go for their haircuts either.
My comment has nothing to do with the white people, free your mind from this insecurity.

I'm just saying those guys are handsome for the circumstances, good posture and they stand with dignity. If you listen to recordings from the time period you would see that this superiority extends to speech as well.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Franky9584(m): 4:11am On Dec 05, 2015
And so wot? . . .if a man can be setenced 2 death 4 stealing ordinary #14450, wen millions of govt officials are stealing billions of naira. . . Judiciary, they said z d last hope of common man
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Franky9584(m): 4:11am On Dec 05, 2015
And so wot? . . .if a man can be setenced 2 death 4 stealing ordinary #14450, wen millions of govt officials are stealing billions of naira. . . Judiciary, they said z d last hope of common man.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 4:25am On Dec 05, 2015
kleek:
My comment has nothing to do with the white people, free your mind from this insecurity.

I'm just saying those guys are handsome for the circumstances, good posture and they stand with dignity. If you listen to recordings from the time period you would see that this superiority extends to speech as well.
Yeah..."recordings from the time period" show them speaking with a pseudo-British accent, which you tragically consider "superior". Their "good posture" and "standing with dignity" signifies their jobs as trained bodyguards and court clerks for your colonial rulers. It is YOU that needs to free your mind from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kleek: 4:53am On Dec 05, 2015
Rossikk:
Yeah..."recordings from the time period" show them speaking with a pseudo-British accent, which you tragically consider "superior". Their "good posture" and "standing with dignity" signifies their jobs as trained bodyguards and court clerks for your colonial rulers. It is YOU that needs to free your mind from mental slavery.
Again, can you stop thinking about white people for one second? lordie, you people are sad.

Good posture is good posture, it doesn't matter why. And the official language of Nigeria is English, they spoke English better. IF you think English is bad why don't we continue this conversation in your native language?

You people are the reason why Africa will never advance.

1 Like

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 5:12am On Dec 05, 2015
kleek:
Again, can you stop thinking about white people for one second? lordie, you people are sad.
You are either a black Uncle Tom or a white impostor pathetically trying to push white worship.

Good posture is good posture, it doesn't matter why.
Oh yes it does. If the "good posture" stems from standing at attention for your colonial master, it's hardly a praiseworthy scenario, or are you dumb?

And the official language of Nigeria is English, they spoke English better.
You're a compound idiot if you think speaking with a British accent means you "speak English better".

You people are the reason why Africa will never advance.
Dunce, Africa is advancing as we speak, and will do so faster the quicker we get rid of ignorant, colonised, self hating, lowlife slave scum like you.
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kleek: 5:16am On Dec 05, 2015
Rossikk:
You are either a black Uncle Tom with nothing upstairs or a white impostor pathetically trying to push white worship.

Oh yes it does. If the "good posture" stems from standing at attention for your colonial master, it's hardly a praiseworthy scenario, or are you dumb?

You're a compound idiot if you think speaking with a British accent means you "speak English better".

Dunce, Africa is advancing as we speak, and will do so faster the quicker we get rid of ignorant, colonised, self hating scum like you.

See progress. If there is a race of people stupider than blacks that race is extint.

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by Rossikk(m): 5:19am On Dec 05, 2015
kleek:

See progress. If there is a race of people stupider than blacks that race is extint.
Tell that to your stup.id mother and stup.id siblings. Not forgetting your stup.id self. Need bleaching cream, stup.id?

1 Like

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kleek: 5:51am On Dec 05, 2015
Rossikk:
Tell that to your stup.id mother and stup.id siblings. Not forgetting your stup.id self. Need bleaching cream, stup.id?
No, i don't. I don't care about whites, im trying to improve my own people by getting us to look inwards instead of crying about colonialism in 2015.

wake up negro. The world is leaving you behind
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by gatoyi: 6:26am On Dec 05, 2015
The world filled with fear, terrorism, hate and climate change? Sure it is. This is the path that Imperialism has led humanity down - let's hope we, and the earth for that matter, survives. There's nothing wrong with living simply. There's nothing heavenly/advanced about the drudgery of a nine to five - no wonder some people snap (and apparently arm themselves with assault weapons to slay their workmates). This constant need for western-style advancement is what is draining the earth of its resources; is what has turned Nigeria into the dog eat dog world it has become. Money money money. What new, flashy thing can I buy with it? What lavish party can I throw? Rubbish. We need to decolonize our minds. I'll happily move to a peaceful, calm society free of all this rubbish.

kleek:
No, i don't. I don't care about whites, im trying to improve my own people by getting us to look inwards instead of crying about colonialism in 2015.

wake up negro. The world is leaving you behind
Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kleek: 6:29am On Dec 05, 2015
gatoyi:
The world filled with fear, terrorism, hate and climate change? Sure it is. This is the path that Imperialism has led humanity down - let's hope we, and the earth for that matter, survives. There's nothing wrong with living simply. There's nothing heavenly/advanced about the drudgery of a nine to five - no wonder some people snap (and apparently arm themselves with assault weapons to slay their workmates). This constant need for western-style advancement is what is draining the earth of its resources; is what has turned Nigeria into the dog eat dog world it has become. Money money money. What new, flashy thing can I buy with it? What lavish party can I throw? Rubbish. We need to decolonize our minds. I'll happily move to a peaceful, calm society free of all this rubbish.

Meanwhile Africans are reproducing 5X the rate of the rest of the world. Whether you like living simply or not, Africa needs to advance or it will decend into a living hell.

Imagine if ebola comes back and the west isnt there to save you?

Re: Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) by kechywillz(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2015
I have noticed back then,u hardly see an obessed person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Sister, Rakiya Adamu: "I Speak With My Brother Every Day" / Governor Zulum Receives Cameroonian Military Commander (Photos) / Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.