Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out (15377 Views)

Imagine If This Happened At The Lagos Bar Beach, / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2009
Beaf:

How much sense does it make to build some new fangled heaven on a foundation of low quality of life, squalor and corruption, lack of instutuitions and general public decorum? It is common sense to take care off those first.

Why would management of the seawall be different from the current defences?
What developmental problems will Eko Atlantic solve? Its sounding more and more like a neat way to pocket dosh for a white elephant.

OK Im assuming you didnt know where eko atlantic will be located away from "low quality of life, squalor and corruption, lack of instutuitions and general public decorum" as you put it

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2009
How much sense does it make to build some new fangled heaven on a foundation of low quality of life, squalor and corruption, lack of instutuitions and general public decorum? It is common sense to take care off those first.

Why would management of the seawall be different from the current defences?
What developmental problems will Eko Atlantic solve? Its sounding more and more like a neat way to pocket dosh for a white elephant.

you are nothing but a disgruntled internet olodo, put your lazy ass brain to work sometimes. why worry about our ocean defenses in Lagos? that shity miserable hole in the delta dey fly over your rader ni?  abi why is your perceived lagos wahala dey make you lose sleep? shouldn't you be losing sleep over your suffering kinsmen and looting and stealing clowns you call brothers in the delta,

Btw, let me give you some more stuff to lose sleep over,

Lagos Allays Communities’ Fears over Lekki Airport
By Gboyega Akinsanmi, 08.28.2009

Lagos State Government yesterday assured all the communities to be affected by the proposed ultra-modern international airport in Ibeju-Lekki-Epe area of the state  of adequate compensation . It also confirmed its plan to  complete the project  before 2015.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152903&printer_friendly=1

We sure ain't playing,

eko o ni ba je lo ju awon olote,
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by frag(m): 2:06am On Aug 29, 2009
babapupa:

you are nothing but a disgruntled internet olodo, put your lazy ass brain to work sometimes. why worry about our ocean defenses in Lagos? that shity miserable hole in the delta dey fly over your rader ni?  abi why is your perceived lagos wahala dey make you lose sleep? shouldn't you be losing sleep over your suffering kinsmen and looting and stealing clowns you call brothers in the delta,

Lagos State Government yesterday assured all the communities to be affected by the proposed ultra-modern international airport in Ibeju-Lekki-Epe area of the state  of adequate compensation . It also confirmed its plan to  complete the project  before 2015.

We sure ain't playing,

Gbam!!!! grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 3:42am On Aug 29, 2009
babapupa:

you are nothing but a disgruntled internet olodo, put your lazy ass brain to work sometimes. why worry about our ocean defenses in Lagos? that shity miserable hole in the delta dey fly over your rader ni? abi why is your perceived lagos wahala dey make you lose sleep? shouldn't you be losing sleep over your suffering kinsmen and looting and stealing clowns you call brothers in the delta,

Lagos State Government yesterday assured all the communities to be affected by the proposed ultra-modern international airport in Ibeju-Lekki-Epe area of the state of adequate compensation . It also confirmed its plan to complete the project before 2015.

We sure ain't playing,

las giddi is doing big stuvs no joke mehn shocked
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 29, 2009
pssssssss
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:27am On Aug 29, 2009

las giddi is doing big stuvs no joke mehn

They ain't seen nothing yet, grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:35am On Aug 29, 2009
Eko department of motor vehicle (DMV) grin[b]

Fashola Commissions Second Drivers’ Institute In Oshodi
[/b]

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:48am On Aug 29, 2009
lol fashola is da man im tellin you, everyother govenor should his steps cool

dude is changing Lgos and setting an example for the rest of Nigeria

any govenor who doesn't look at what fashola with envy is lying to himself

this should force the rest of Nigeria to wake up and do better
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:51am On Aug 29, 2009
Another Eko Department of motor vehicle (DMV)

Wait o!! Fashola Commissions Second Drivers’ Institute In Oshodi,

The man no dey taya sha, grin

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:54am On Aug 29, 2009
OLUWA OOO i just seen those new tow trucks grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2009
Fashola Commissions Skill Acquisition Centre, Drivers’ Institute In Ikorodu

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 7:09am On Aug 29, 2009
Just checkout his schedule,  grin grin grin grin

Aug 24, 2009 - Fashola Commissions Mobile Kitchen For State Public Service

Aug 25, 2009 - Fashola Commissions Skill Acquisition Centre, Drivers’ Institute In Ikorodu

Aug 26, 2009 - “Lagos Drivers’ Institute Is For Safety And Security On Our Roads”, Says Opeifa

Aug 27, 2009 -
Fashola Commissions Second Drivers’ Institute In Oshodi
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 7:20am On Aug 29, 2009
Dude is launching and commissioning something y single day, grin grin

Aug 24, 2009
- Fashola Commissions Mobile Kitchen For State Public Service

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2009
pssssssss

don't be scared, grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
babapupa:

you are nothing but a disgruntled internet olodo, put your lazy ass brain to work sometimes. why worry about our ocean defenses in Lagos? that shity miserable hole in the delta dey fly over your rader ni? abi why is your perceived lagos wahala dey make you lose sleep? shouldn't you be losing sleep over your suffering kinsmen and looting and stealing clowns you call brothers in the delta,

Lagos State Government yesterday assured all the communities to be affected by the proposed ultra-modern international airport in Ibeju-Lekki-Epe area of the state of adequate compensation . It also confirmed its plan to complete the project before 2015.

We sure ain't playing,

I guess you found the questions I asked too difficult then? No need hiding behind a wall of abuse.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2009
Discussion on the viability of Eko Atlantic and potential environment impact turns into yet another thread on display of "SHINY THINGS" the governor is doing, but still no real answers to tons of questions that continue to remain? Sign!!! Nigerians, save thine own selves!!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2009
Discussion on the viability of Eko Atlantic and potential environment impact turns into yet another thread on display of "SHINY THINGS" the governor is doing, but still no real answers to tons of questions that continue to remain? Sign!!! Nigerians, save thine own selves!!!

Your so labeled "shinny things" happens to be critical answers to some of the problems facing the country and Nigeria in general. You have any Idea how many Nigerians die each year because of lack of lousy and sub par driving skills, Ignorance of and inability to read and understand road safety signs, driving with bad eye sight, deaths caused by abandoned vehicles on our roads?

Abi their deaths don't mean shit to you? Abi the jobs created are not needed? Abi we don't deserve good and sane drivers on our roads?

What about the Skill Acquisition Center?  Do you even know the meaning of skill acquisition? or is it not part of the answers to our unemployment situation and huge skill less population? Investing in manpower is key to development in any society. Giving people skills and knowledge to better themselves and become independent, productive and tax paying members of the society is not on priceless, it's what good and responsive governments do.

What do you want from the guy? What problems do we have that this guy is not addressing daily?

He is practically building a civil and meaningful society from scratch brick by brick. Caring for 18 million people is obviously not an easy task and he remains on task delivering one or 2 things daily.

Shortsightedness and the need to criticize and nitpick clouds your judgment and deprives you of common sense and rational thinking.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 5:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
^Check the title of the thread. It isn't about "the guy". It is about a solution to bar beach breaching flood defenses. You just dodging the questions you've been asked by creating confusion.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
Eko Atlantic and Bar Beach flooding issues now about drivers with eye issues and abandoned motor vehicles!!! Roflamo!!! Nigerians ooo!!! Save thine own selves!! , @Babapupa,. I know for a fact that you would not buy that line of reasoning you are offering there if it were being offered by some one from say the Ibo tribe in support of some comparable project in Ibo land. Roflmao!!!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
I guess you found the questions I asked too difficult then? No need hiding behind a wall of abuse.

what question? you really shouldn't be talking and I shouldn't be wasting my time going back and forth with unnecessarily disgruntled people. You obviously open your mouth and criticize for nothing or just for the heck of it.

It's really silly to be running around putting other people down when your own people are in pain and misery, when your own backyard is odious and hopelessly backward. Why not channel all that energy and start finding solutions to the huge and almost insurmountable problems facing your own people decades to come.

Fashola is doing for Lagos on a daily basis what your stealing and looting leaders have not done and will never do for your people.

You're misguided and fighting the wrong war, the war is in your back yard so go tend to it and quit wasting your time.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Eko Atlantic and Bar Beach flooding issues now about drivers with eye issues and abandoned motor vehicles!!! Roflamo!!! Nigerians ooo!!! Save thine own selves!! , @Babapupa,. I know for a fact that you would not buy that line of reasoning you are offering there if it were being offered by some one from say the Ibo tribe in support of some comparable project in Ibo land. Roflmao!!!!

Hating is not good ohhh

This is good for Nigeria, I firmly believe the rest of Nigeria will follow after Fashola and actually start new and good developmments even the Fed Government its self. Fashola and Lagos state have started new Developments for the country to follow.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2009
^Check the title of the thread. It isn't about "the guy". It is about a solution to bar beach breaching flood defenses. You just dodging the questions you've been asked by creating confusion.

what difference does if make?

Were you no the same pesin flooding threads with stupid ritual pictures wey no have anything to do with thread?

I no the pictures go make you lose some more sleep, but hey, that's ya own headache.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

Hating is not good ohhh

This is good for Nigeria, I firmly believe the rest of Nigeria will follow after Fashola and actually start new and good developmments even the Fed Government its self. Fashola and Lagos state has started new Developments for the country to follow.

What does HATING have to do with this topic? Are you Ok??

Various intelligent questions have been posed and all you have done so far  is try to make this  about HATING on the governor ? DO you people read? I complained about this earlier and others have come in to state the very same. Read and stick to the topic, not continue to offer up more "SHINY NEW THINGS the governor is doin" as supposed answers when most are not even connected in any way to actually address the questions asked?

We have serious problems as a people oooo!!!! We don't know how to analyze issues intelligently ooo!!! Instead, if BABA KE is putting up shiny things then anyone who asks any question is just a HATER as far as most are concerned. And we wonder what set of people continue to run that country down in the ground, even when those in leadership make room for the new batch.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What does HATING have to do with this topic? Are you Ok??

Various intelligent questions have been posed and all you have done so far is try to make this about HATING on the governor ? DO you people read? I complained about this earlier and others have come in to state the very same. Read and stick to the topic, not continue to offer up more "SHINY NEW THINGS the governor is doin" as supposed answers when most are not even connected in any way to actually address the questions asked?

OK, EKO ATLANTIC IS THE TOPIC AND LAGOS STATE IS SETTING A NEW PACE FOR THE REST OF NIGERIA
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

OK, EKO ATLANTIC IS THE TOPIC AND LAGOS STATE IS SETTING A NEW PACE FOR THE REST OF NIGERIA

So what about all the questions and concerns that have been made known on Eko Atlantic and the environment issues? We should NEVER ASK THEM because you have chosenb to believe that LAGOS is YOUR PARADISE and SO NO QUESTIONS should ever come up as a result?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2009
You can not dictate what people post, you don't have to read, address or pay attention to the pictures if your eyes are allergic to them (good things).

Just move on to the next desirable post,
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2009
babapupa:

what question? you really shouldn't be talking and I shouldn't be wasting my time going back and forth with unnecessarily disgruntled people. You obviously open your mouth and criticize for nothing or just for the heck of it.

It's really silly to be running around putting other people down when your own people are in pain and misery, when your own backyard is odious and hopelessly backward. Why not channel all that energy and start finding solutions to the huge and almost insurmountable problems facing your own people decades to come.

Fashola is doing for Lagos on a daily basis what your stealing and looting leaders have not done and will never do for your people.

You're misguided and fighting the wrong war, the war is in your back yard so go tend to it and quit wasting your time.

Why do you always resort to abuse when you are asked questions you find difficult? Just say you don't know. Then nobody will feel you're dodging.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2009
At least try to be consistent. I have seen how critical you are of Ibos offering you the same line of reasoning as excuses for why things remain the way they are in Ibo land and how their dream of a future Utopia is meaningless if the problems are not dealt with now. Yet what you have done from the very first post of yours on this thread is offer up the exact same reasoning as excuse for why your idea of this Utopia is final and definite.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So what about all the questions and concerns that have been made known on Eko Atlantic and the environment issues? We should NEVER ASK THEM because you have chosenb to believe that LAGOS is YOUR PARADISE and SO NO QUESTIONS should ever come up as a result?

ok great you guys asked your question babapupa answered them so . . . . . KINI BIG DEAL
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok great you guys asked your question babapupa answered them so . . . . . KINI BIG DEAL

Where are the Questions he answered? Or should I ask where are the exact answers to the questions asked? Please post for each so I see these answers of yours. This is something I don't want to miss.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2009
ok buddy

post your questions an he'll answer them
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2009
So what about all the questions and concerns that have been made known on Eko Atlantic and the environment issues? We should NEVER ASK THEM because you   have chosenb to believe that LAGOS is YOUR PARADISE and SO NO QUESTIONS should ever come up as a result?

We've answered your questions and we're not stopping you from asking more question/s , if you have any that is.

This is about lagos state and anything goes,

At least try to be consistent. I have seen how critical you are of Ibos offering you the same line of reasoning as excuses for why things remain the way they are in Ibo land and how their dream of a future Utopia is meaningless if the problems are not dealt with now. Yet what you have done from the very first post of yours on this thread is offer up the exact same reasoning as excuse for why your idea of this Utopia is final and definite.

Please don't inject tribe, this has nothing to do with tribe or Igbo/Yoruba. we're talking about Lagos state/Government policies and Governance in general.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki’s Trial Splits Nigerian Students Body, NANS / Update Of Igbo Traders/yoruba Hudlums And Agberos / How Nigerian Government's Bad Precedent Emboldened Sunday Igboho, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.