Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,988 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out (15366 Views)

Imagine If This Happened At The Lagos Bar Beach, / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2009
by you reading back through the thread everthing is there
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2009
Not so fast there, buddy!!! You CLAIMED he answered the questions. So you OUGHT TO KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS HE ANSWERED. Please RE-Post them! It is all there, so you should not have a problem reposting the questions that he answered, according to you.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2009
How much sense does it make to build some new fangled heaven on a foundation of low quality of life, squalor and corruption, lack of instutuitions and general public decorum? It is common sense to take care off those first.

Why would management of the seawall be different from the current defences?
What developmental problems will Eko Atlantic solve? Its sounding more and more like a neat way to pocket dosh for a white elephant.

I'm waiting. . .
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Not so fast there, buddy!!! You CLAIMED he answered the questions. So you OUGHT TO KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS HE ANSWERED. Please RE-Post them! It is all there, so you should not have a problem reposting the questions that he answered, according to you.

Thats right grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
ok buddy

no problem since you are lazy to go back read ill do it
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote from: Kobojunkie on August 27, 2009, 06:42 PM
No one is calling for us to sit on our hands and do nothing. That is far from what this is about. Has the Eko Atlantic module been tried and tested to prove it will with stain both the rising sea levels, as well the pre-existing problems?

Babapupa :
You keep coming up with the same answered question, you must have ignored the youtube video I posted even after asking you to checking,

well, here is another one,

Eko Atlantic City - The Engineering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3dmYlDGDk
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2009
So you OUGHT TO KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS HE ANSWERED. Please RE-Post them! It is all there, so you should not have a problem reposting the questions that he answered, according to you.

You didn't ask a single question, you only nitpicked
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2009
heeehhh lol

kobojunkie

you no reply?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8-

Don't waste your time, we both know it's not about answers because we've answered their questions. Na hating and bad bele and I'm willing and able to take care of that, grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8-

This is the kain bad bele talk den dey call question, but as soon as I answer with the article below to dismantles his yeye talk, she just disappear.

kobojunkie
Guy Eko atlantic won't work without constant electricity and I mean 24/7

I don't know why you think the developers are clueless idiots. Obviously, they must have made arrangements for all that.
Eko Atlantic City - Lagos

July 13, 2009

image of eko-atlantic-city-lagos-nigeria Located along the Atlantic coast of Lagos, Nigeria is a dynamic new city currently under construction. Adjacent to Victoria Island in West Africa's fastest growing region is Eko Atlantic. This project will transform 9 square kilometers of eroding coastal land into a thriving twenty-first century city.

Eko Atlantic combines an impressive blend of aesthetic beauty and seamless practicality. The city will be spread across seven districts, combining residential, commercial, financial and tourist development. They will all share the same high standards of urban planning, infrastructure and architectural excellence. The new city will feature tree-lined boulevards, waterways, manicured gardens, elegant plazas, three marinas and a stunning ocean front promenade. Eko Atlantic will be a city in which to live, work and play.

The Financial District, with towering skyscrapers, will attract multinational companies, especially in the oil and gas industries. It will become home to many of Africa’s banks, financial institutions and business leaders and will help to establish Lagos as the financial capital of Africa.

Eko Atlantic will raise the standards of infrastructure in Lagos to sophisticated levels through a finely-structured urban plan that creates a balanced, environmentally friendly and efficient blueprint for a comfortable, healthy, safe and efficient style of life. Each of the seven districts of Eko Atlantic will display their own unique characteristics, but the infrastructural design will be standard throughout the city.

The city will have its own independent service island with an electricity generating plant and water management for drinking and irrigation, as well as sewage control. Eko Atlantic will be self-sufficient in power and vital telecommunications.

Transportation includes an eight-lane coastal highway, a tramway system, a ferry system, 20 km of internal waterway, and a 100 km internal network of roads connect all districts. Eko Atlantic also includes a pedestrian and transport strategy that is designed to reduce road use, minimize traffic congestion and create off-street parking for all vehicles.

In essence, Eko Atlantic is a huge reclamation project, replacing land that was lost during a hundred years of severe coastal erosion. Consultants and contractors from all over the world are working together in an attempt to roll back surging waves from the Atlantic Ocean. Valuable land that was lost to generations of Nigerians has already begun to reappear and is expanding every day. A 7 km long sea wall will be constructed to protect the city from damaging storms. Eko Atlantic is turning a liability of coastal erosion into a national asset.

Eko Atlantic will become home to at least 400,000 residents, with commuter volume expected to exceed 250,000 people daily. Eko Atlantic will help Lagos transform itself into a successful mega city-state of 25 million people by the year 2015.

The project is being developed by South Energyx Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of The Chagoury Group.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok buddy

no problem since you are lazy to go back read ill do it
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
No one is calling for us to sit on our hands and do nothing. That is far from what this is about. Has the Eko Atlantic module been tried and tested to prove it will with stain both the rising sea levels, as well the pre-existing problems?

Babapupa :
You keep coming up with the same answered question, you must have ignored the youtube video I posted even after asking you to checking,

well, here is another one,

Eko Atlantic City - The Engineering

culled from the Youtube video
The final test shows that the revetment was able to withstand the kind of waves that ONLY OCCURS every 100 YEARS.

Did you by any chance watch the video? I am curious. I asked a straight forward question there. and what I got was a video on how DHI tested in a lab for effect of waves that supposedly will only occur once every 100 YEARS and on waves that occur approximately once a month,  on revetment during CONSTRUCTION.

So, I would like to know how this information answers the question asked

revetment

re·vet·ment (-mənt)

noun

a facing of stone, cement, sandbags, etc., as to protect a wall or a bank of earth
retaining wall
an embankment or wall as of sandbags or earth, constructed to protect against strafing, shell fragments, etc.

PS. Please watch the video, this time with your EARS open and listening and your mind working to analyze what is being said, before you post a response.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2009
babapupa:

We've answered your questions and we're not stopping you from asking more question/s , if you have any that is.

This is about lagos state and anything goes,

Please don't inject tribe, this has nothing to do with tribe or Igbo/Yoruba. we're talking about Lagos state/Government policies and Governance in general.

. . .I'm still waiting
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
@KOBOJUNKIE

lol i really feel sorry for you  sad  sike  grin lol

be ashamed of your self
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
ITS LIKE KICKING A DEAD DOGG

YOU GUYS ARE NITPICKING AS HE SAID
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2009
If you do not have answers, simply say SO. Rather than argue like you have done. I said that before to your friend. No need trying TOO HARD To pretend you have it all figured out when it is APPARENT YOU DO NOT.

Like someone already said, if you have no definite answers, don't claim you do or have already answered.  Offering SHINY PICTURES AND VIDEOS does not appease every mind out there. Someone are actually DEEPER and MORE ANALYTICAL than you care to be. So, don't assume you can answer for all based on your own assessment of an issue.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
VIEW again please from 4:30 - 5:40

if you dont understand than i do not know what to tell you
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2009
DO you have a problem with the English Language? The guy tells you the revetment is for during construction and addresses waves that happen ONCE A MONTH and that Which happens about ONCE every 100 YEARS. Do you not understand that?

And the question is

Has the Eko Atlantic module been tried and tested to prove it will with sustain both the rising sea levels, as well the pre-existing problems?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2009

Btw, you said/lied yesterday that you didn't ask for any module even after posting the same module twice.

The same hydro engineering module is in the same quote you just posted. So, if the same module was posted yesterday, why are you here today posing  the same question, talking about the same module you denied asking for and acting as if your nitpicking was not attended to.

You just got caught lying, lol

Sounds very deceptive and disingenuous to me,

Again, here is your module and answer. now find something else to nitpick, and I'm waiting.

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
But, I DID NOT ASK FOR A MODULE, I asked a QUESTION. Roflmao!!!

Has the Eko Atlantic module been tried and tested to prove it will with stain both the rising sea levels, as well the pre-existing problems?

What part of this question do you get me asking FOR A MODULE? I asked if the plan/module has been TESTED to PROVE IT WILL SUSTAIN the expected Changes due to Climate Change and Global Warming, in addition to the pre-existing problems which we have been dealing with for decades now. Una dey read at all?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
The only thing I've got on the remedy to bar breaching the ocean defences is something like "o we'll build a sea wall". Thats no answer.

What has been put in place to stop the sea wall being breached? It is both an engineering and maintainance issue. Simple.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2009
DO you have a problem with the English Language? The guy tells you the revetment is for during construction and addresses waves that happen ONCE A MONTH and that Which happens about ONCE every 100 YEARS. Do you not understand that?
Has the Eko Atlantic module been tried and tested to prove it will with sustain both the rising sea levels, as well the pre-existing problems?

This is getting weird, you think say na music video, lmao,
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by davidif: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2009
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
Beaf:

The only thing I've got on the remedy to bar breaching the ocean defences is something like "o we'll build a sea wall". Thats no answer.

What has been put in place to stop the sea wall being breached? It is both an engineering and maintainance issue. Simple.

Precisely!!! I mean I look at the example in the Netherlands, which does not even have to deal with 75% of what we have down in Bar beach, and I wonder why we are not working on something similar, or at least better. There were concerns a couple of years ago, that the technology in the netherlands may have been able to withstand the waves but possibly may not withstand global warming issues and might need to be reinforced with more tech upstream. And they are not even building a mega city by the sea!!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2009
ARE YOU DUMB OBVIOUSLY A MODULE WILL TEST

GLOBAL WARMING IS INEVITABLE DUH

but that doesn't mean that Lagos state shouldn't continue to advance and build new land

that will slow it down

how do you reason
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
hhhmm . . . . Typical Naija reasoning!!! Global warming is inevitable so No need to plan to protect ourselves in any way.!!!

lol

UUmm. . . . I wonder who here has said Lagos should not build and advance!!! Wonder the dumb person is here !!  grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
But, I DID NOT ASK FOR A MODULE, I asked a QUESTION. Roflmao!!!

Has the Eko Atlantic module been tried and tested to prove it will with stain both the rising sea levels, as well the pre-existing problems?

What part of this question do you get me asking FOR A MODULE? I asked if the plan/module has been TESTED to PROVE IT WILL SUSTAIN the expected Changes due to Climate Change and Global Warming, in addition to the pre-existing problems which we have been dealing with for decades now.  Una dey read at all?

Did you not mentioned and questioned it's effectiveness? And how do you get your answer without producing the module. Yes, you asked for the module.

Your argument somehow sounds silly and directionless,
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2009
ok it wasn't you 9ja ganja did though

you know you are questioning just for the sake of questioning something, no purpose at all.

you should really get a life and some sense

if you have nothing to contribute to a thread whether yay or nay dont post simple
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

ARE YOU DUMB OBVIOUSLY A MODULE WILL TEST

GLOBAL WARMING IS INEVITABLE DUH

but that doesn't mean that Lagos state shouldn't continue to advance and build new land

that will slow it down

how do you reason

We've heard similar over the years; each time bar beach again, washes away property.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2009
@Babapupa, when you grow up and learn to READ what peoplel actually type, let me know.

@sjeezy8, when you get to the point where you are able to separate your EMOTIONAL attachments from debates, let me know. That you do not consider a question on the strength of a plan as valid, already speaks volumes on how advanced your mind is. And I hate to admit, this is the state of the majority in NIgeria and that is why we continue to go in CYCLES when it comes to these issues.

As someone already mentioned, this is not the first time WALLS have been offered as solution to the bar beach issue. That state has lost KMs of land in all that time to the sea. Now we have, not the waves but global warming to contend with and you are here telling me I am nitpicking when I ask if the current plan has been thoroughly tested against both the old and potential problem, you even admit is INEVITABLE?

Sigh!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2009
Maybe after you stopped lying,
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
No emotions here simple reasoning

Lagos state/Nigeria has nothing to lose

so what is the cycle that Nigeria will go throught again?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
@Babapupa, when you grow up and learn to READ what peoplel actually type, let me know.

@sjeezy8, when you get to the point where you are able to separate your EMOTIONAL attachments from debates, let me know. That you do not consider a question on the strength of a plan as valid, already speaks volumes on how advanced your mind is. And I hate to admit, this is the state of the majority in NIgeria and that is why we continue to go in CYCLES when it comes to these issues.

As someone already mentioned, this is not the first time WALLS have been offered as solution to the bar beach issue. That state has lost KMs of land in all that time to the sea. Now we have, not the waves  but global warming to contend with and you are here telling me I am nitpicking when I ask if the current plan has been thoroughly tested against both the old and potential problem, you even admit is INEVITABLE?

Sigh!!

Take your own silly advice and quit lying.

It's not by force to contribute to threads especially if all you have is meaningless nitpicking and pointless arguments.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

No emotions here simple reasoning

Lagos state/Nigeria has nothing to lose

so what is the cycle that Nigeria will go throught again?

For example, state liaison offices used to be along bar beach? There is a lot to lose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Victory IN Oru East House Of Assembly Election Will Not Stand - Uzodinma / How Nigerian Government's Bad Precedent Emboldened Sunday Igboho, Others / First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.