Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:15 PM

Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out (15326 Views)

Imagine If This Happened At The Lagos Bar Beach, / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2009
For example, state liaison offices used to be along bar beach? There is a lot to lose.

But this is what the state and experts are saying and we're seeing positive changes already,

In essence, Eko Atlantic is a huge reclamation project, replacing land that was lost during a hundred years of severe coastal erosion. Consultants and contractors from all over the world are working together in an attempt to roll back surging waves from the Atlantic Ocean. Valuable land that was lost to generations of Nigerians has already begun to reappear and is expanding every day. A 7 km long sea wall will be constructed to protect the city from damaging storms. Eko Atlantic is turning a liability of coastal erosion into a national asset.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by THEAMAKA(f): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2009
all i have to say is from what ive seen on the blueprint eko atlantic city is suppose to be beautiful!!!
cant wait to see it when its done.

but why the hell is fashola trying to build an underwater city? isnt that area underwater because of global warming? i mean that area is going to EVENTUALLY be under water.

but its suppose to be beautiful, i cant wait to see it!
grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2009
Failed Joke,

Fashola is not building anything and again, it's 100% privately funded,

NEXT>>>>>>>>
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2009
KOBOJUNKIE

you questions are SO  baseless its so disgusting literally

You are not against it but you're asking questions opposing it

this causes madness you kno

THE AMAKA:

all i have to say is from what ive seen on the blueprint eko atlantic city is suppose to be beautiful!!!
cant wait to see it when its done.

but why the hell is fashola trying to build an underwater city? isnt that area underwater because of global warming? i mean that area is going to EVENTUALLY be under water.

but its suppose to be beautiful, i cant wait to see it!
grin

LOL its over water like dubai, there just takin sand from the atlantic ocean and creating new land LOL
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by THEAMAKA(f): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
sjeezy im mad at you!  angry

and also when i looked on google maps it showed eko atlantic city being in the water.
check it out yourself.

the arrow was pointing to water, a little off the coast though.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2009
And he continues to provide evidence to prove my earlier point on the way he reasons. . . . Roflmao!!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
THE AMAKA:

sjeezy im mad at you! angry

and also when i looked on google maps it showed eko atlantic city being in the water.
check it out yourself.

the arrow was pointing to water, a little off the coast though.

lol here you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkxiVBkmMkU
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by THEAMAKA(f): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2009
im pretty sure ive seen the video.
i watch a lot of videos about nigeria on youtube.
ive seen the one about the eko atlantic city project and about the chinese people and how they are pumping sand and blah blah

im still mad at you! angry
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2009
lol why?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by THEAMAKA(f): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
hmmmmmm undecided
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by wirinet(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2011
We have just had a sneak preview of what Eko Atlantic City would look like. We would need to invite Neptune to govern it and have Ariel (the little mermaid) as princess. O do not forget sponge ball with square pants, he would make a wonderful neighbour.

All those in favour of re- building the lost city of Atlantis, say hi.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by johnie: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
sjeezy8:

OK Im assuming you didnt know where eko atlantic will be located away from "low quality of life, squalor and corruption, lack of instutuitions and general public decorum" as you put it

Could you get a bigger and clearer copy of this image for us?

Thanks!

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by BritishAirways: 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
babapupa:
sjeezy8-

This is the kain bad bele talk den dey call question, but as soon as I answer with the article below to dismantles his yeye talk, she just disappear.

.kobojunkie
Guy Eko atlantic won't work without constant electricity and I mean 24/7

I don't know why you think the developers are clueless idiots. Obviously, they must have made arrangements for all that.
Eko Atlantic City - Lagos

July 13, 2009

image of eko-atlantic-city-lagos-nigeria Located along the Atlantic coast of Lagos, Nigeria is a dynamic new city currently under construction. Adjacent to Victoria Island in West Africa's fastest growing region is Eko Atlantic. This project will transform 9 square kilometers of eroding coastal land into a thriving twenty-first century city.

Eko Atlantic combines an impressive blend of aesthetic beauty and seamless practicality. The city will be spread across seven districts, combining residential, commercial, financial and tourist development. They will all share the same high standards of urban planning, infrastructure and architectural excellence. The new city will feature tree-lined boulevards, waterways, manicured gardens, elegant plazas, three marinas and a stunning ocean front promenade. Eko Atlantic will be a city in which to live, work and play.

The Financial District, with towering skyscrapers, will attract multinational companies, especially in the oil and gas industries. It will become home to many of Africa’s banks, financial institutions and business leaders and will help to establish Lagos as the financial capital of Africa.

Eko Atlantic will raise the standards of infrastructure in Lagos to sophisticated levels through a finely-structured urban plan that creates a balanced, environmentally friendly and efficient blueprint for a comfortable, healthy, safe and efficient style of life. Each of the seven districts of Eko Atlantic will display their own unique characteristics, but the infrastructural design will be standard throughout the city.

The city will have its own independent service island with an electricity generating plant and water management for drinking and irrigation, as well as sewage control. Eko Atlantic will be self-sufficient in power and vital telecommunications.

Transportation includes an eight-lane coastal highway, a tramway system, a ferry system, 20 km of internal waterway, and a 100 km internal network of roads connect all districts. Eko Atlantic also includes a pedestrian and transport strategy that is designed to reduce road use, minimize traffic congestion and create off-street parking for all vehicles.

In essence, Eko Atlantic is a huge reclamation project, replacing land that was lost during a hundred years of severe coastal erosion. Consultants and contractors from all over the world are working together in an attempt to roll back surging waves from the Atlantic Ocean. Valuable land that was lost to generations of Nigerians has already begun to reappear and is expanding every day. A 7 km long sea wall will be constructed to protect the city from damaging storms. Eko Atlantic is turning a liability of coastal erosion into a national asset.

Eko Atlantic will become home to at least 400,000 residents, with commuter volume expected to exceed 250,000 people daily. Eko Atlantic will help Lagos transform itself into a successful mega city-state of 25 million people by the year 2015.

The project is being developed by South Energyx Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of The Chagoury Group.
I see it's been 2013 you been online last i would have Loved to ask you some questions about the construction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arase, Kanu Nwankwo, John Fashanu & Others At A Police Event In Abuja.Photos / How Buhari Can Avert This Looming War BY DELE MOMODU / Ned Nwoko Meets Sharon Ikeazor For Collaboration With Ministry Of Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.