Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around (7772 Views)

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? / I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by slashcuff(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2006
My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But flirts around anything on skirt.

Please advice on what I should do to help him.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2006
I've forgotten the chapter in the bible that says flirting is wrong. Can you refresh my memory? Thanks!
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by deb(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2006
flirting could mean alot of things.

From my point of view flirting means making others feel good about themselves.

Its not always a bad thing to do that. is it? wink
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by lafile(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2006
Depends on exactly what you mean by flirt
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by slashcuff(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2006
His wn kind of flirt is the wrong type, :::Anything On Skirt::: But he serves God From the depth of his heart. He attends all Services and Fellowship but just that problem which he believes that's his only source of JOY. So nothing i say or do will make him change, Will he still Make Heaven with such lifestyle?
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by talk2ahmed(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2006
He flirts means that his hormones are metastable, let him get married and the flirtatious tendencies would seize, again the truth is that even in the 'house of God ' a lot of habits ,, kisses, hugs, and sensual ogling is done in the name of 'holiness', 'brotherliness' and all other guises to commit adultery, while the ladies dress to kill , the men flirt to catch, God bless the intentions(cause and effect c[i]hikena![/i])
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by lafile(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2006
u still havent explained what you mean by flirt. Flirt has different meanings especially in the Nigerian context. Do u mean he sleeps around?
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by BlackMamba(m): 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2006
lafile:

u still havent explained what you mean by flirt. Flirt has different meanings especially in the Nigerian context. Do u mean he sleeps around?

The details may be too graphic for him. You don't want him to jeopardize his own chance of going to paradise trying to explain his friend's flirtatious acts. grin grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by mekoyo(m): 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2006
A flirt is a flirt. advice him and if he refuses, flee from him. lol smiley
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by dennylove(m): 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2006
how come,the devoted christians of nowaday are the one that are so CORRUPT.
NA WAOOOOOOOOOOOOO.MAY GOD FORGIVE AND HELP US.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by 2old4that(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2006
slashcuff:

This is like asking why do people engage in sexual activities when they are not married.

@ slashcuff
Do u think he actually slept wit them or he flirt just to get them converted.  grin You never can vouch if someone is really a christian; i mean people disguised themselves as being christian to do evil. Its terrible.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by otokx(m): 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2006
the bible is very clear on this matter; flee all appearances of evil - and that is what you should tell him and you also - run for your life.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by 2old4that(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2006
pray for him before fleeing. lol grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by naija4life(f): 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2006
slashcuff:

So wats da BIG deal if your friend flirts, not like he/she kills
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2006
lafile:

Depends on exactly what you mean by flirt
He already said the guy flirts with anything on skirt.

What other flirting could he be talking about ?

You people just like boring me most times.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Saddam: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2006
Do u want congy to kill ur friend?
Well U should advice him to reduce hand and be faithful to one partner and same time he should wear his soccer boot (Condoms)

Thats all I think u can do for him
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Saddam: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2006
One thing u cant stop guys from doing is to stop tasting Chicks. I am sincerely telling you from Experience

So allow ur friend express His mind
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by mamaput(f): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2006
Men that claim to be good christians do not impress me.
I will rather have a man that is not religious and good than a regular church goer , that thinks he can buy his ticket to heaven by calling on God the whole day.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Saddam: 12:16am On Oct 20, 2006
mamaput You re very right all these Guys who think they can buy their ticket to heaven by calling on God the whole day are the worst Set of guys to deal with

Big time fakers
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Mystique(f): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2006
Well, i believe flirting without shagging is no sin wink wink
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by naija4life(f): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2006
Mystique:

Well, i believe flirting without shagging is no sin wink wink

LMAO, wonders shall never end ooo, hahahahheheheh.

Well, any which way is a way she, ride on sista, i dey ur back.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by naomijt(f): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2006
Your friend cannot be a devoted christian and flirt around. Your friend is a hypocrite. After discussing it with him a couple of times and he does not stop, leave him. He is one friend you can do without.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by lioness(f): 10:52am On Oct 20, 2006
cheesy  Anything on skirt  grin grin Are u sure your not talking about my Ex? grin

U mean if u tye a skirt to an electric pole, your friend will flirt with the pole?

hahahah serial flirt. He needs to be delivered from that spirit angry
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by nonslike: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2006
@lioness
Are you just trying to be personal
on a lighter note , let me misquote the bible here and misinterprete it , All good christain forgive me .God forgive me and bless me too,
" He that finds a wife , find a good thing, and obtains God's favour , Proverbs chp 18 v 22."

Please take note of this words HE THAT FINDS. remember that for you to find you have to search . maybe he is just searching and not doing it in the right way which must be discouraged . Basically flirting is like going to the high street and doing window shopping but when you enter the shop ,take an apple, chew it , not pay for it and go out and to another shop , that is stealing .it is bad .

so let him search, And pray for him . advice him Give his GOOD books on relationships , dont ask me to recommend there is serious charge for advert these days ,

And for him to search it means he has misplaced or lost something , What is it ? you may ask . It is his rib , his original rib . " and he( GOD) caused man to fall into a deep sleep and took from him a rib from which he made a female " called woman later by Adam. When everyman is in a womb of a woman he is in a dep sleep and he will be until when he reaches the age of reasoning for some people & years of age other younger , other older . But at the right time , he would start looking for his rib .

As for your ex, dont beef him maybe you are not just that rib, And your extending to that pole , na wa oo you be Julius Agwu ? cheesy
As for the original guy that asked this question, It is good to be a good friend but as our fathers dey talk, Dog wey follow Goat go soon dey behave like one and start eating grass. Before you begin eat grasss too, refrain. it is possible you have not tasted the forbidden fruit. In that case dont till you are ready , if you do , ? You will belike him too church or no church , you will know the difference between good and evil( sweet and sweeter),

Before i begin digress, Abeg, Pray for your friend , and advice him too . He that eats with the devil has to have a long fork, so that before he passes the fork and reach you , you don run . " a word is enough for the wise". wink
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by kambo(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2006
where is ur friends heart?
even while attending all church activities religiously - where lies his heart,
what is he overwhelmingly passionate about ? God ? Ha - dont make me laff!
[God looks at ur friends heart (while at a fellowship meeting)
God - "hmm "( shakes His head , in dissapointment)
" all i see - pictures of girls, nude pix, sensual movies " ]

- answer this question and falsehood in christianity will no more suprise u.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by waleleader(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2006
FLIRT  :Definition

verb (used without object)

1. to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions; play at love; coquet. 
2. to trifle or toy, as with an idea: She flirted with the notion of buying a sports car. 
3. to move with a jerk or jerks; dart about: butterflies flirting from flower to flower.

Quoted from www.dictionary.com

@topic, maybe the poster needs to use a different word from flirt because as far as i am concerned, Nothing is wrong with flirting. A serious  christian can flirt, its got nothing to do with faith.  its all about making people feel better about themselves.
A lot of people suffer inferiority complex as it were and flirting with them helps boost their ego.

its either you are too spiritual or just plain jealous cos yuo dont know how to flirt. Its not easy sha!
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by goodguy(m): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2006
I wonder why people are proving lexicons here.  The guy already mentioned that his friend flirts around with anything in skirt (note the italicized word).  You need no Okotie to explain to you what that means.  And to the guy who just posted right above me, I wonder why you didn't include this part into your own meaning of "flirt":

flirt (flûrt)  Pronunciation Key   
v. flirt·ed, flirt·ing, flirts
v. intr.
To make playfully romantic or sexual overtures.

WordNet - Cite This Source
flirt

n 1: a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men [syn: coquette, vamp, vamper, minx, tease, prickteaser] 2: playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest [syn: flirting, flirtation, coquetry, dalliance, toying] v 1: talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions; "The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries"; "My husband never flirts with other women" [syn: chat up, dally, butterfly, coquet, coquette, romance, philander, mash] 2: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection" [syn: dally, toy, play]

WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Also quoted from dictionary.com
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Chibabe1(f): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2006
I agree with Lafile.
It depends on what you mean by flirting.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by slashcuff(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2006
I'd Said early """" :::Anything On Skirt::: '''''''' So u see let's get something right here,  going to Church regularly doesn't give you or anyone of us the ticket to heaven but right standing with God even right in your bedroom You can be visited by God's grace and Mercy. And one thing we all should know and stick to as children of the most high is to be straight in all our doings and not try to flirt (which ever one now) around with others,  The Bible says let your yea be yea and your nay be nay,
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2006
Slashcuff, this one you so worried about your male friend, is he supposed to be your gay partner

Just kidding  grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by 2old4that(m): 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2006
Radiant:

Slashcuff, this one you so worried about your male friend, is he supposed to be your gay partner

Just kidding  grin

Abi oooo

@ slashcuff
Or maybe u're upset he's getting all the girls in the neighbourhood!  grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by 2old4that(m): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2006
slashcuff:

And one thing we all should know and stick to as children of the most high is to be straight in all our doings and not try to flirt (which ever one now) around with others,     

Seriously i would like to know the portion in the Bible with reference to this. I hope u don't mind slashcuff. I just need to know, thanx.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sickness Is Not An Act Of God / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? / The Consequences Of Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.