Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. (8183 Views)

What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? / New Policy Suggestion To All RELIGION Nairalanders. / All Religion Including CHRISTIANITY Are Founded On Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by malvisguy212: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
There are many questions scientists can not clarified, questions like : If the current universe came about through
the Big Bang, what caused the Big Bang?
If the Big Bang was caused by a Big
Crunch, what caused the Big Crunch, and where did all the matter that is
contracting and expanding come from? Science does not have natural explanation regarding this questions.

One thing for sure I can say, is that As far as science has determined, material events have material causes. It seems more likely, then, that an uncaused cause would not be material, but rather immaterial.

God does answer some questions which aren't answered by scientific explanations. Positing an immaterial, powerful being as an uncaused cause explains how the physical universe could have come to exist without relying on the existence of matter in some prior universe.
furthermore, the reason atheists cannot subscribe to a Deity is because atheists hate to hear the name of God, they are to boastful and proud.according to atheists, ALL religious people are illiterate and All atheists are wise. Its seems like God know people like this will arise in the later days, that why He inspired Paul to say this:
1 corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the
world to shame the wise; God chose the
weak things of the world to shame the
strong.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the
teacher of the law? Where is the
philosopher of this age? Has not God
made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Jeremiah 8:9
The wise will be put to shame; they will
be dismayed and trapped. Since they
have rejected the word of the LORD,
what kind of wisdom do they have?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by vooks: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
menesheh:

I will repeat this, i don't know the meaning of big bang.

All i care is that no body should worship anything wether big bang or come from nothing or designerr.
Nor should they worship asinine theories that nothing formed chaos and chaos formed order(you)
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
johnydon22:
And you gave an example with an inanimate analogy.. you couldn't give example with one biological cell right.?

Lets say the acon fruit or a corn. . . . When referring to biological processes give example with biological cells..

Let me bring this home to you . Have you been to a factory ? Let's say a bottling company ? Or any company where production is automated .

Reproduction the much i know it can be either asexual or sexual, it still arrives at that same point i proposed which is interactions of simpler values which leads to a resulting value

You are not answering the question . In simpler terms , how did reproduction come about in life forms if NO DESIGNER made it that way

Hahahaha but a flower didn't decide to be, it was just a result of the interacting elements.You didn't decide to be a male, the result came about because of the interactions of (Y) chromosome on the (X)…… It is simply the output of an interaction ..

And you dont see an input-output relationship or an interactive system as a design ? A big LOL bro

That you have no idea how something came to be doesn't mean you should assume a creator..

Wrong assertion . I dont know how micro chips are produced or even designed , so its wrong for me I should assume an intelligent mind is behind its production?

For such assertions you must provide empirical back up or your claim remains a hypothetical speculation.

Do you need proof that your television was manufactured by a company that deals in electronics ? undecided

Planets are round, this doesn't mean they were moulded...

You are implying a wrong proposition - that all round things are moulded .

Until such knowledge is empirically ascertained, i see no reason why i should throw in an assumption.

Again , admitting a designer orchestrated the nature of natural processes is not foolish !

I wasn't there, no need to claim i know or bring on an explanation of something i have no idea of.

You are lying to yourself here . You dont know or claim to know but you are sure a creator is not responsible and you go ahead and ridicule people who are sure a creator is responsible for life or the nature of the universe .

Star cores: Nuclear fusion produces Helium from fusion of hydrogen atoms ..

Hydrogen + hydrogen -----> Helium.. Helium + Helium ---> heavier elements ( Oxygen, iron etc)

I am insinuating protons and electrons of an element are no different from the elements because that is what makes up an element..

H20 is water..

quarks , subatomic ,atomic particles. . . and so goes for every matter not just gases..

The question was if these properties of elements were derived as a result of random processes i.e the difference between element A and element B is a result of mere random processes ?

It is simply a result of the reacting value within the intersecting subject.. Anymore assumptions you heap on it is of your own making. [/i][/b]

You didnt answer my question . In simpler terms , how did cells derive the ability to replicate . Mitosis is just the name man gave it and tried to explain it though science
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

Your God is an idea the ancient Jewish and Romans created. He lives only in the pages of stories they wrote about him.

So something came from nothing then . Yh right ?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
johnydon22:
I think you confuse yourself between two distinct positions..

Me last i checked i have shown my stance on causality is "I don't know" until it is established empirically

I asked you to explain how the singularity magically appeared and this was your reply:

johnydon22:
Nope not at all.. there have been many cosmological models to explain that which of course are all hypothetical and so must be treated as one.
-Quantum fluctuation
-Energy as an internal value (Energy and matter are relative)
-Multiverse
etc...
But that part takes you into the field of quantum mechanics. . . .

You choosed some model to explain. . . . .

Explaining your point with these models proves that:

1. You are beyond belief. You are admitting that the models are fatual

2. Explaining a model, which you have accepted as a knowledge is a justified belief.

3. This belief is nothing different religion belief. You only sugarcoat yours as model and cover it with scientific veils.

johnydon22:

One mistake you guys do with science is that most of you tend to treat scientific postulations as an immutable dogmatized assertion.

Science is a method of consistent study and systematic deductions in order to reach a truthful approximation and there is no time it asserts to have reached absolute truth because it recognizes chances of being wrong..

Are you now admitting that Big bang, quatum fluntuation and M string is wrong?

Why bringing your scientific myth into this discussion? To save face?

johnydon22:

Stereotypes can only make fallacious representations... I am positive most people differ in their stance on causality..

Mojority of atheists view the world materially and will explain it origin materially employing big bang theory

johnydon22:

I am sure you need to start representing a value as it is and stop stereotypes. .

I see no reason you have to give the same measure for religion. Not everything they accounted for is myth.

johnydon22:

Nope understand my assertion.. I was referring to Quantum fluctuation in relation to Big bang theory not independently..

Still only possible in paper and not in reality.

johnydon22:

Seriously for goodness sake i was simply teaching you the actual propositions of the big bang theory.

when will you people learn that teaching someone what a theory says is not same as believing it ..

am sure i started by stating am not a Big Bang theorist but you go ahead and make the same mistake.

I didnt ask you to teach me. I asked you to explain the magical appearance of the Cosmos singularity which you did wih a fallacious model which cannot be substantiated in reality.

johnydon22:
[b][i] A never ending chain of events (Causality)

Eleduamare is infinite possibilities. So Yes
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Vooks, winners01, kingebukasblog. Make una come see o. My nigggggga changing tone. I dont know what big bang is.

Menesheh, I assume the problem you have with God is because people tend to worship it. Am I right here?

Now how do you define worship? Worship simply means acknowledging the worth of something or someone.

You worship a lot of things even without you knowing. This does not make thoses things non-existent.

grin grin grin . His own thread turned against him . Irony is not my strong suit but isn't it ironical that he created the thread to mock the religious view of the genesis of the universe but the outcome of his efforts mocks his silly ideologies cheesy
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

This one has left atheism to embrace yoruba religion, good for you.

Yoruba spiritualism gives room for atheism, non-theism just like buddhism.

You do not necessarily have to belief in those Gods and no one is threatening you to.

You can only have the go if you observed you are favour or choose not to. That is your palava.

dalaman:

When did Eleduamare create the universe and how?

Obatala the chief of white cloth which represent light created the universe after been ordained to do by Eledumare.

dalaman:

Why did he create 8 planets in our solar system with other planetary bodies

We do not really know because the account is silent on this.

dalaman:

and for what purpose?

No purpose really. The account stated that Eleduamre does not interfare in human or earth affair
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by menesheh(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Vooks, winners01, kingebukasblog. Make una come see o. My nigggggga changing tone. I dont know what big bang is.

Menesheh, I assume the problem you have with God is because people tend to worship it. Am I right here?

Now how do you define worship? Worship simply means acknowledging the worth of something or someone.

You worship a lot of things even without you knowing. This does not make thoses things non-existent.

You are pushing big bang as if it is the default position of an atheist. As Johnny told you that there are theists who believe in big bang so there are atheists who believe in big bang. He goes further to tell you that the propounder of the theory is a creationist.

You continued repeating same thing over and over again.

Worship is totalitarian north Korean regime. Why would a god demand worship from you. Is he not morally and ethnically alright?

An absolute evil king who can kill when he deems, command his minions to bow down to him in order for them to receive favour. This 21st century, we ain't going to stone totalitarian regime. We are civilized age more than ever before human started recording events.

Worship is not a good thing. How can you possibly justify worship to supposedly be a good thing to hold on to.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin . His own thread turned against him . Irony is not my strong suit but isn't it ironical that he created the thread to mock the religious view of the genesis of the universe but the outcome of his efforts mocks his silly ideologies cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The guy really make my sunday fun.

- Something comes out of nothing so it is fact while God creation Ab inito is myth.

- Chaos lead to Order.

- Randomliness.

Do you notice his colleague left him alone all to be beaten in to out by Creationist Ninja.
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by johnydon22(m): 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me bring this home to you . Have you been to a factory ? Let's say a bottling company ? Or any company where production is automated .

Still fails to grasp the simple concept of a biological metabolism. . . An automated machine never replicates the material rather it utilizes the ones available

Biological cells in contact exchanges impulse to get a result ..

You are not answering the question . In simpler terms , how did reproduction come out in life forms if NO DESIGNER made it that way

I answered simply that reproduction is a resulting action in interactions of organism.. so it came about due to the metabolical tendency of a biological cells to replicate.

And you dont see an input-output relationship or an interactive system as a design ? A big LOL bro

I think the joke is on you.. Sand dunes are results from an interaction between wind and matter, not an invisible artist..

Wrong assertion . I dont know how micro chips are produced or even designed , so I should assume an intelligent mind is behind its production?

Still falls back to the components of a micro-chip, if a micro-chip is a self replicating value and is determines to be a product of biological interactions.

So biological cells are not inanimate micro-chips?

Why not use an amoeba.. you don't know how an amoeba came to be then something designed it..

Do you need proof that your television was manufactured by a company that deals in electronics ? undecided
The inanimate representation ... #Sighs

You are implying a wrong proposition - that all round things are moulded .
exactly now you have arrived.

well hope you can now apply that to yours which i represented it with..everything must have been designed..

Again , admitting a designer orchestrated the nature of natural processes is not foolish !
Excluding this designer from causality is special pleading.

Assuming up this designer without empirical back up is misplaced...

You are lying to yourself here . You dont know or claim to know but you are sure a creator is not responsible and you go ahead and ridicule people who are sure a creator is responsible for life or the nature of the universe .

There is a difference between filling a gap with assumptions and attendant behaviours than admitting one doesn't know.

I have never seen where asking for empirical substantiation for a hypothesis becomes a ridicule..

The question was if these properties of elements were derived as a result of random processes i.e the difference between element A and element B is a result of mere random processes ?

Difference in interacting values produces different result.. that is why there is no two you in this planet..

[quote[
You didnt answer my question . In simpler terms , how did cells derive the ability to replicate . Mitosis is just the name man gave it and tried to explain it though science [/quote]

Replication as i put in a very basic term is just a result of the reaction within the value (cells)..

And so the argument keeps going in circles..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
menesheh:

You are pushing big bang as if it is the default position of an atheist. As Johnny told you that there are theists who believe in big bang so there are atheists who believe in big bang. He goes further to tell you that the propounder of the theory is a creationist.

Worship is totalitarian north Korean regime. Why would a god demand worship from you. Is he not morally and ethnically alright?

An absolute evil king who can kill when deems, command his minions to bow down to him in order for them to receive favour. This 21st century, we ain't going to stone totalitarian regime. We are civilized age more than ever before human started recording events.

Worship is not a good thing. How can you possibly justify worship to supposedly be a good thing to hold on to.

Questioning worship has been the weakest argument the atheists always bring up . Worship is simply acknowledgment . And how is it your problem or a problem that God wants worship or acknowledgement ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
menesheh:

I didnt argue the theory was not propounded by religionist. What you and john fail to realise is that theist brings God as the uncaused cause to explain the origin of the universe while you atheists grap on straw and unsubstantiated model and theory which is very much equivalent to myth.

We are only helping to smell the stinking hypocrisy oozing out of your fallacy. The greatest dumb assumption is the theory that nothing give birth to something. It is logical impossible.

menesheh:

Worship is totalitarian north Korean regime.

Guy get a dictionary if you dont know what worship is.

menesheh:

Why would a god demand worship from you. Is he not morally and ethnically alright?

why would you acknowledge the worth of something? This is plain silly and nonsensical.

People worship a God because of the value and purpose it gives them. Some culture worship the Sun because they hold that the sun giveth life. Some worship river because it provide food in may ways for them. Some worship the earth because they feel it is a fine home to live.

menesheh:

An absolute evil king who can kill when deems, command his minions to bow down to him in order for them to receive favour. This 21st century, we ain't going to stone totalitarian regime. We are civilized age more than ever before human started recording events.

I guess you are a bitter low lifer.

People worship the sit of power and authority. The Lord in courth are been worshipped. This does not make them wicked killer.

Soldiers, including yourself in school days worship your nation by saluting the national flag. Do you notice the wordline of the national anthem and pledges? Your country is a God. It is been worship every now and then.

menesheh:

Another dumbness. Worshipping indicates you acknowledge the worth of something or someone.
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by johnydon22(m): 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I asked you to explain how the singularity magically appeared and this was your reply:

You choosed some model to explain. . . . .

Explaining your point with these models proves that:

1. You are beyond belief. You are admitting that the models are fatual

2. Explaining a model, which you have accepted as a knowledge is a justified belief.

3. This belief is nothing different religion belief. You only sugarcoat yours as model and cover it with scientific veils.

Am sure i asserted this there have been many cosmological models to explain that which of course are all hypothetical and so must be treated as one.

what ever you make off a hypothetical postulation a product of your own confusion..

You asked how the big bang theory did not assert nothing, and i gave you many scientific hypothesis on that not Johnydon22's..

Learn the difference between teaching you what a theory says in actuality and believing it

Are you now admitting that Big bang, quatum fluntuation and M string is wrong?

Oh meen you really lack basis comprehension.. I was simply teaching you that quantum fluctuation as a cause of big bang is a hypothetical postulstion..

I wonder how you understand simple things.

Why bringing your scientific myth into this discussion? To save face?

It is obvious this has gone into an emotional word batter instead of simple teaching..

Am done with it..

Mojority of atheists view the world materially and will explain it origin materially employing big bang theory

so Big Bang becomes an atheistic theory?

I see no reason you have to give the same measure for religion. Not everything they accounted for is myth.

Alright then..

Still only possible in paper and not in reality.

which of them?

I didnt ask you to teach me. I asked you to explain the magical appearance of the Cosmos singularity which you did wih a fallacious model which cannot be substantiated in reality.

I gave you hypothetical postulations which i told you were hypothetical and shouldn't be taken as truths but treated as hypothesis.

Where ever your confusion over it comes from, i wouldn't know..

Eleduamare is infinite possibilities. So Yes

Good then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Questioning worship has been the weakest argument the atheists always bring up . Worship is simply acknowledgment . And how is it your problem or a problem that God wants worship or acknowledgement ?

See bro. . . . .

I am really enjoying this program Afternoon of a thousand laugh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by vooks: 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
menesheh:

I have no problem with scientific theorizing, it is when theories including the hopelessly ridiculous ones are propped as facts that they cross the line hence my term pseudoscience. In this regard, they are as mythical as anything else.

Presently it takes more faith to believe in evolution than Genesis.

How is evolution related to Big Bang? Evolution is an attempt to explain a godless origin of life. It concerns itself with a presumption that matter existed somewhat. So an evolutionist will chide a creationist for presuming an intelligent Uncaused Cause but throws tantrum when we tear their presumptions apart?

The evolutionist runs to Big Bang. But this creates more problems for him as Big Bang is closer to religious dogma than science.

Menesheh now is distancing himself from Big Bang and evolution. He ought to give us a better alternative to Intelligent Design evidenced by Design.

If he can't, he should hold his peace and wallow in his standard retort, 'I don't know'

But even this escapist 'I don't know' is clearly nonsensical. As I have proved, ignorance does not stop you from ELIMINATING thre most improbable suggestions.

Another example will suffice
While I DON'T KNOW Menesheh age', I would instantly rule out the idea that he is a weeks young toddler still suckling because I KNOW what toddlers can and can't cool

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Still fails to grasp the simple concept of a biological metabolism. . . An automated machine never replicates the material rather it utilizes the ones available

Biological cells in contact exchanges impulse to get a result .. [/i][/b]

Are you kidding me . Look at a particular model of a product . Don't they all look alike ? Wouldn't you say one is a replica of the other . And what is responsible for making that possible . An automated machine !!! A machine has the ability to replicate a model of a product .

I answered simply that reproduction is a resulting action in interactions of organism.. so it came about due to the metabolical tendency of a biological cells to replicate.

So organisms decided to "interact" and then reproduce according their own kind without a mind orchestrating the possibility of that process . WOW

I think the joke is on you.. Sand dunes are results from an interaction between wind and matter, not an invisible artist..

And please what is the function /purpose of the sand dunes ? You know it screams DESIGN

Still falls back to the components of a micro-chip, if a micro-chip is a self replicating value and is determines to be a product of biological interactions.

So biological cells are not inanimate micro-chips?

Why not use an amoeba.. you don't know how an amoeba came to be then something designed it.. [/i][/b]

The inanimate representation ... #Sighs

Have you proven that it is an assumption ?

exactly now you have arrived.

well hope you can now apply that to yours which i represented it with..everything must have been designed..

Jokes on you actually . Why did you then question the existence of God asserting that he needs a creator since He is complex ?

[b][i]Excluding this designer from causality is special pleading.

You have not proven that life NEEDS NO DESIGNER . God is uncaused - this is a logical stance or else you would progress to infinite regression . If you can prove that life NEEDS or HAS NO DESIGNER than the stance of God being uncaused is fallacious !!!

There is a difference between filling a gap with assumptions and attendant behaviours than admitting one doesn't know.

IS EITHER LIFE HAS A CREATOR OR IT DOESN'T . That is why the god-of-the-gaps argument is ludicrous

I have never seen where asking for empirical substantiation for a hypothesis becomes a ridicule..

You've never ridiculed religious people before shocked

Difference in interacting values produces different result.. that is why there is no two you in this planet..

Exactly ! Because it is designed that way .
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

See bro. . . . .

I am really enjoying this program Afternoon of a thousand laugh

grin
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Am sure i asserted this there have been many cosmological models to explain that which of course are all hypothetical and so must be treated as one.

what ever you make off a hypothetical postulation a product of your own confusion..

You asked how the big bang theory did not assert nothing, and i gave you many scientific hypothesis on that not Johnydon22's..

Learn the difference between teaching you what a theory says in actuality and believing it

Hypocrisy.

What do you call a christian that try to explain worldwide flood with the bible verse when we generally know it is not factual historically and scientifically?

Now roll yourself into the same category which you will put the christians for presenting a non-substantiated model for explaining the origin of the universe.

Here the bible is mythical just like the model you presented.

johnydon22:

Oh meen you really lack basis comprehension.. I was simply teaching you that quantum fluctuation as a cause of big bang is a hypothetical postulstion..

I wonder how you understand simple things.

lol

In Fela voice, Mr man dont teach me nonsense.

The quantum fluntuation and Multiverse cannot be substantiated.

You have also admitted the models can be wrong so why would you present it as fact?

johnydon22:

It is obvious this has gone into an emotional word batter instead of simple teaching..

Am done with it..

so Big Bang becomes an atheistic theory?

Theistic when God is the uncaused cause.

Atheistic when you roll in unrealistic and unfonded models taking the place of God

johnydon22:

Alright then..

which of them?

Multiverse to M string and Quamtun fluntuation.

johnydon22:

I gave you hypothetical postulations which i told you were hypothetical and shouldn't be taken as truths but treated as hypothesis.

Where ever your confusion over it comes from, i wouldn't know..

Sound like a christian telling me he presented a bible verse to justify Mary gave birth as a virgin.

Your hypothesis is not fatual

It takes a faith also to have them presented as fact. So I dont really seen any difference between you and religionist
johnydon22:

Good then

cheers
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
vooks:

I have no problem with scientific theorizing, it is when theories including the hopelessly ridiculous ones are propped as facts that they cross the line hence my term pseudoscience. In this regard, they are as mythical as anything else.

Presently it takes more faith to believe in evolution than Genesis.

How is evolution related to Big Bang? Evolution is an attempt to explain a godless origin of life. It concerns itself with a presumption that matter existed somewhat. So an evolutionist will chide a creationist for presuming an intelligent Uncaused Cause but throws tantrum when we tear their presumptions apart?

The evolutionist runs to Big Bang. But this creates more problems for him as Big Bang is closer to religious dogma than science.

Menesheh now is distancing himself from Big Bang and evolution. He ought to give us a better alternative to Intelligent Design evidenced by Design.

If he can't, he should hold his peace and wallow in his standard retort, 'I don't know'

But even this escapist 'I don't know' is clearly nonsensical. As I have proved, ignorance does not stop you from ELIMINATING thre most improbable suggestions.

Another example will suffice
While I DON'T KNOW Menesheh age', I would instantly rule out the idea that he is a weeks young toddler still suckling because I KNOW what toddlers can and can't cool

Chai cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So something came from nothing then . Yh right ?

Your own making. I have never said something came from nothing. What is/are responsible for the universe no one knows. We have how your own God said he created the earth before the sun. A mythical narrative you have discarded and refused to accept.
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by vooks: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

Your own making. I have never said something came from nothing. What is/are responsible for the universe no one knows. We have how your own God said he created the earth before the sun. A mythical narrative you have discarded and refused to accept.
Like I said, admission of ignorance is a welcome move, but does ignorance mean proclivity to the most ludicrous theories?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Yoruba spiritualism gives room for atheism, non-theism just like buddhism.

You do not necessarily have to belief in those Gods and no one is threatening you to.

You can only have the go if you observed you are favour or choose not to. That is your palava.

OK

Obatala the chief of white cloth which represent light created the universe after been ordained to do by Eledumare.

According to the mythical and fictitious narrative you mean.

We do not really know because the account is silent on this.

Simply because the people that conjured up the story do not know much about them.

No purpose really. The account stated that Eleduamre does not interfare in human or earth affair

So something can be designed for no purpose at all? You were berating the other guy and mocking him for saying that he believes nothing designed the universe but some how you feel something designed our solar system for nothing. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by winner01(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
menesheh:

Doubt is a healthy way to making sure that you are not biased and deluded in your conclusion.
Crap!!, crittical examination is a healthy way, not doubt.
Im a scientist, i perform tests and make evaluations. I dont doubt my tests, i observe.
menesheh:

You still fail to demonstrate that such designer exists first b4 attributing anything to the designer. It is just postulations from a book out of many similar books without any mechanism to investigate such designer.
This is simple, give an example of anything at all material or immaterial that you know exists without a designer.
Postulations from an "ancient book" that somehow still terrorizes the immorality of the 21st century, i thought you believed the writers were simpletonsundecided
Post a picture of the human mind as proof of its existence
menesheh:

You are right but you gats wait until we discover such existence. You don't have to first presuppose and start believing such existence when it have not be proven to exist beyond reasonable doubt.
Make sense man, We dont wait for existence, we build on existence. All that is left for you to discover has pre-existed.

Again, the human mind has been proven to exist. Provide a pictorial proof, maybe from this you can have a taste of your own medicine.
menesheh:

Demonstrate the existence of such sky fairy first.
Demonstrate the existence of the human mind since you only believe in the visible.
menesheh:

Truth dont fear criticism. Infact, the more you criticize truth, the more it shines.
Do you need me to give you names of hardcore atheists and satanists that have come and gone in their attempt to evade christianity.
Several decades later, christianity still shines.
menesheh:

Opposite is the case with Christainity. They fear criticism..
Fear is a negation in christianity dude, try not to use it.
We accept discussions from open-minded people not people who are sealed their hearts and are bent on destroying the image of christianity. Some of you make me wonder if you dedicated your lives for this cause.
menesheh:

The more atheists uproot the flaws of christainity, the more believers become agnostic on their own.
What you term "believer" is debatable. Everything that goes on here further proves how much the devil needs us to turn away from Christ, just as the Bible predicted.
What else is proof.
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
vooks:

Like I said, admission of ignorance is a welcome move, but does ignorance mean proclivity to the most ludicrous theories?

I do not subscribe to any theory that has not been demonstrated to be factual. Your argument here on this thread has not been that the creation account you believe that is written inside the bible is factual and non mythical, but it seems all your argument is that the BB and evolution are equally false, I have nothing to say to that, but how does the BB and evolution being false substantiate the mythical narrative of the bible that talks about some imaginary God concept creating the earth before creating the sun and the stars?
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
winner01:
Crap!!, crittical examination is a healthy way, not doubt.

Post a picture of the human mind as proof of its existence
Make sense man, We dont wait for existence, we build on existence. All that is left for you to discover has pre-existed.

What is the human mind?
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by vooks: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

I do not subscribe to any theory that has not been demonstrated to be factual. Your argument here on this thread has not been that the creation account you believe that is written inside the bible is factual and non mythical, but it seems all your argument is that the BB and evolution are equally false, I have nothing to say to that, but how does the BB and evolution being false substantiate the mythical narrative of the bible that talks about some imaginary God concept creating the earth before creating the sun and the stars?
It does not 'substantiate' the 'mythical narrative'.

Now, walk with me.
Is there a remote chance that this Subaru erupted from a volcano, or any other random process?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by winner01(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
menesheh:

All i care is that no body should worship anything wether big bang or come from nothing or designerr.
But you people worship the self and a lot of other things (if you need me to mention them) and encourage people to find solace in ourselves, Johnydon22 and Ifeness encourages it too undecided
Exactly what the Bible warns against.
How could the Bible even know all these.undecided
I get more excited. grin

I kept saying it, man cant be void. He was created that way.

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by winner01(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

This one has left atheism to embrace yoruba religion, good for you. When did Eleduamare create the universe and how? Why did he create 8 planets in our solar system with other planetary bodies and for what purpose?
You enjoy asking questions but you've never answered one.
not sensibly at least.

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
vooks:

It does not 'substantiate' the 'mythical narrative'.

Now, walk with me.
Is there a remote chance that this Subaru erupted from a volcano, or any other random process?

Surprisingly it is you that hold unto such a belief because your beliefs is something close to that, that the irony escapes you is what I find amazing.
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
winner01:
You enjoy asking questions but you've never answered one.
not sensibly at least.

Why did Yahweh create the asteroid belt in our solar system? Did he use hebrew words to speak them into existence or Greek?
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by winner01(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

And how is it your problem or a problem that God wants worship or acknowledgement ?
Good question. Over to you menesheh.

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by vooks: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

Surprisingly it is you that hold unto such a belief because your beliefs is something close to that, that the irony escapes you is what I find amazing.
Please answer my question.
Is there a remote chance of this super hot WRX erupting from a volcano or any other random process?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? / Durga Puja Whatsapp Messages Wishes Pictures Cards Greetings 2015 / My Right Hands Keep Shaking Since I Had An Encounter With God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.