Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Free Online Makeup And Gele Training - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Free Online Makeup And Gele Training (70274 Views)

Social Media Slay Queen Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “fleek”! (photos) / Free Online Makeup Training / Free Online Makeup Training With Moma!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by olowookerekemi(f): 7:21am On Dec 07, 2015
april88:

Welcome ladies please have ur seats, posting resumes tomorrow
Take your time to go through what's been discussed already. And I bet it shall be worth it.
tnx ma'am
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by MissJayne(f): 8:19am On Dec 07, 2015
I'm in April88

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by MissJayne(f): 8:22am On Dec 07, 2015
I don't know how to perfectly tweez and shape my eyebrow without tweezing much hair. Sometimes, I'm left with a little hair.
Shaping na problem too.

Please, i need help... The use of pictures would be very helpful

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2015
Good morning ladies... I'm thinking of going with you girls, should we treat how to trim/groom your brows or continue with d make up lesson step by step.

Hit like if u want us to do brow grooming and share of u want us to continue with d step by step lesson for better understanding of makeup artistry.

Thank you

11 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
Skin care Routine/ how to take care of your skin according to your skin type

MOISTURIZER:
Moisturizers are meant to treat dry skin, protect sensitive skin,improvr skin tone and texture,protects oily skin especially after using products that's removes oil.

So basically we have two types of moisturizer namely:
Oil based moisturizer: oil based Moisturizers are rich creamy and heavy weight and it contains oil, it's ideal to use at night since the skin need rejuvenation. Oil based moisturizer are rich emollient which is good in hydrating and revitalising the skin while sleeping.
Water based moisturizer :are made up of humectants, they contain water loving ingredients that absorb into d skin quickly without leaving any residue behind. It's ideal to use as a daytime moisturizer and underneath makeup because it's light.

So having discussed the two types of moisturizer it's essential we treat which. Type of moisturizer suits which skin so that you can watch out for ingredients when choosing your moisturizer.

•Normal skin : water based moisturizer are suitable for normal skin especially one that has a light non-greasy feel.
•Oily skin :choose a water based moisturizer (choose the one that is labelled non -comedogenic)
•Dry skin: use oil based moisturizer that contains antioxidants
•Sensitive Skin:because it is susceptible to itching n redness, it's advisable u use moisturizer that contains soothing ingredients such as ALOE, CHAMOMILE, and that is hypo allergenic

Hope this helps when choosing ur moisturizer.

4 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
So to balance equation I'll move on to the next Topic...hope it's OK and if there's any question based in what's been discussed earlier please feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by charijee(f): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hope I'm not late sha
Hi ma'am April88 wink
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
FACIAL STRUCTURE :
Due to popular demand on eyebrow tweezind/shaping/grooming, I feel there's a need for us to discuss the facial structure so we can understand which eyebrow shape suits us and also to aid in our next Topic which is eyebrow shaping and framing .
But before then please let me have ur comments to see if you're following n fully understand what's been thought, as the aim of dis thread is to empower someone somewhere to be a makeup pro and for better understanding of the makeup artistry.

NB, during/after d next class I'll want us to be able to identify our facial structure and send in ur perfectly groomed b shaped brows
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
charijee:
Hope I'm not late sha
Hi ma'am April88 wink

Late ke...noo o, we r just getting started. Please bring your seat here close to me so that you can see the board well. And for the seniors please kindly move ur seats to dis right side so that u can be distinguished...lol

Welcome to our class ma'am.
We don't have a captain yet, so anyone that got the eyebrow class will b our captain.

3 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by charijee(f): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
april88:

Late ke...noo o, we r just getting started. Please bring your seat here close to me so that you can see the board well. And for the seniors please kindly move ur seats to dis right side so that u can be distinguished...lol

Welcome to our class ma'am.
We don't have a captain yet, so anyone that got the eyebrow class will b our captain.
Awww such warm reception grin....thank you.....this goes to show it gonna be fantastic here

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by ada2604(f): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
I am also interested nd following, plzzz peepz in da room let's show more interest nd concentration to help increase tutor april88 morale to kip up with dz

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
ada2604:
I am also interested nd following, plzzz peepz in da room let's show more interest nd concentration to help increase tutor april88 morale to kip up with dz

Thank you o...it will go a long way to boost my morale

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
april88:

Thank you o...it will go a long way to boost my morale

For the moisturizer, can you help out to list out creams/lotions you think are good for each skin type. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mrs0J:

For the moisturizer, can you help out to list out creams/lotions you think are good for each skin type. Thank you.

M sorry I may not be able to mention names cuz it will run to advert and I may not get d ones to suit ur particular skin. Please kindly use what is discussed a s a guide.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
april88:

M sorry I may not be able to mention names cuz it will run to advert and I may not get d ones to suit ur particular skin. Please kindly use what is discussed a s a guide.

Thank you

Aite no probs.

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by babythug(f): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Following!

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by funmercy1(f): 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
Following!

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
funmercy1:
Following!
babythug:
Following!

Welcome ladies...youre so welcome.
Please bring your seats to the front a lil so u can c n digest what's been discussed before
Charijee please make small space beside you for them

4 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by charijee(f): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
april88:

Welcome ladies...youre so welcome.
Please bring your seats to the front a lil so u can c n digest what's been discussed before
Charijee please make small space beside you for them
They shouldn't distract me o.....wanna hear you word to word grin

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2015
Good morning ladies..
I want to assume we understood last topic v.well.

Should we move to facial structures n brows.

Let me hear ur opinions
Thanks
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by babythug(f): 9:36am On Dec 08, 2015
april88:
Good morning ladies..
I want to assume we understood last topic v.well.

Let me hear ur opinions
Thanks

Ready to move on mawink

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Am a very dark lady
Pls can u recommend any powder i can use that will last for hours?
Waiting for your response ma
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by ohlahbisi(f): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2015
april88:
Good morning ladies.. I want to assume we understood last topic v.well.
Let me hear ur opinions Thanks

yes continue
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 10:18am On Dec 08, 2015
Miadad:
Am a very dark lady
Pls can u recommend any powder i can use that will last for hours?
Waiting for your response ma
Thanks

U can try milani, has good coverage in u can lay your hand on d original, n if u can invest in mac too.

Don't forget to use primer for a lasting makeup application.

Hope it's helpful
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by ada2604(f): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2015
tagging along too

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 10:38am On Dec 08, 2015
Face shape and structure .

I'll be discussing the features that will make u identify your facial shape or that of ur client because it will aid u in getting the perfect brows.

•Oblong shape:
1) it's characterised by a long and narrow bone structure
2) the cheekbones,forhead and jawline are the same or almost same width.
3) pointed and narrow chin

•Oval shape
-the width of the forehead and jaw are nearly equipped
- it's not overly sharp or angular and not overly round.
-it is considered the 'ideal'face shape

• Round shaped face
This facial type is characterised by wide hair line and fullness below the cheekbones
-it has short forehead
-it is not angular at all.

•square face :

This is characterised by wide hairline and wide jaw, width of the cheek and forehead are similar and it has overall angular appearance

•Diamond Shape:
This is characterised by narrow chin and forehead, wide cheek bones that are often highland defined and usually a narrow jawline.

•Heart shaped Face:
This is characterised by a wide forehead,a narrow chin and prominent jaw line.

•Triangular shape:

This is characterised by a narrow forehead, wide jawline that may be angular or rounded.

So dear readers u should b able to check urself up in the mirror, look out for this feature(s) for you to be able to identify what shape you're in.

Hope you understand n please feel free to ask questions.

NEXT!!!

2 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by timmyblast(m): 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Am following

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by MissJayne(f): 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Following... Present!

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by timmyblast(m): 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thanks Op. My question: how can one differentiate between an oil base and water base moisturizer. Cos its not stated categorically on the creams. Thanks
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Following, loving this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2015
timmyblast:
Thanks Op. My question: how can one differentiate between an oil base and water base moisturizer. Cos its not stated categorically on the creams. Thanks

You can tell the difference between the two by the ingredients list on the product. If water is listed as one of the first couple of ingredients, the moisturizer is water based. On the other hand, if oils are listed first then the moisturizer is oil based.

Always check ingredients to see which suits ur skin
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:58am On Dec 09, 2015
BROW SHAPING/TWEEZING

I've received lots of notes on How to trim or shape the brow, so for that purpose I'll explain how best u can shape ur brows, but if you think you can't, or won't get bit perfectly done, you can pay a professional to get it done.

When shaping your brow, you should have dis 3things in mind which are
•where your brow should begin:
Your brow should begin just above the inner corner of your eyes

•where it should arch:
It should arch above the iris

•where it should end
It should end just above the outer corner of the eye.

So to trim/shape your brows here is what you'll be needing

1) A spoolie/mascara wand or a clean toothbrush

2) a blade or tweezer.

First thing is to brush your brows upward(upward sweep) the trim off the excess
Secondly brush it down and trim of the excess(make sure you have the arch in mind)
Check in d mirror if it's beautiful, then you can make adjustment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The New Fashion Trend For Men ? / Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? / Squirrel Teeth: Madness Or Fashion From Hell? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.