Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? (2744 Views)

Gulak Declares Himself PDP Chairman - Punch News / Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch / Tinubu Bars Pro-saraki Senator, Alasoadura, From APC Caucus Meetings-the Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? by sholasys: 7:56pm On May 31, 2009
You have to pay now before you can read news on The Punch newspapper online. After paying for the internet connectivity i think its absurd to still be paying to view and read news on the internet Despite the revenue they gain from advert. We have tens of free news pappers on the net and i think punch does not have any special news that deserved paying for online. What should we say of CNN, BBC, SKY NEW, The sun, Guardian, The nation , Leadership etc. Pls can somebody advice them

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Login.aspx?theartic=Art2009053121521521
Re: What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? by Remii(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2009
Leave them they are testing the waters, they would soon know how far. All one needs are the headlines of the news and that is available all over the places. All Nigeria Newspapers carry the same news wording and arrangement may diver so what is the big deal.
Re: What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? by sholasys: 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2009
I think The Punch have sets of mediocre working for them. Their mind set is that other will follow suit .BIG ERROR.
Even if i dont visit Naija newspapper site again, i will still be current and get latest information about my country free on the net. HOW CAN I BE PAYING FOR INTERNET THEN BE PAYING TO READ JUST NEWS THAT WILL FADE AWAY. WHEN I CAN DOWNLOADS FREE RESOURCES AND BOOKS ONLINE THAT WILL PROGRESS MY CAREER. House remember their website was hit by virus last year or this January. Dont wory Another virus is coming. This time Una go hear "ween"

I am 99% sure even their staffs will not subscribe to it except they gave them concession. They will prefer thisdayonline.com guardians, the nations, the sun. I try to research about this, no any newspapper in the world on the net that require payment. If u have it pls tell me and the country

TO All you can get most of nigerian website through www.gamji.com foreign news too dey there.
Re: What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? by omoabike: 2:37am On Jun 02, 2009
The Punch is just a bit ahead of most Newspapers. The issue of selling content has been a raging issue amongst newspapers in the US especially since the beginning of the global meltdown as most of the newspapers have not been making money as their circulation numbers have taken a downward turn.
While it is still been debated here in the United States. Punch decided to put the idea into effect. While it is a good idea from the point of view of business consultants who feels they would make money from the so called projected revenue to accrue to them from subscriptions. However I think it is ill advised as I am sure most people in this world who have access to the internet would not be ready to pay to read newspapers on-line since there are other sources of news online apart from newspapers. Personally I think it is dumb as I prefer to get my news anyway from the Reuters.com website for international news and some African and important Nigerian news.
Punch is only testing its popularity and it would soon dawn on them that the reason why  people are not buying the printed version of the newspaper is not because of availability of the on-line version and they would come around.
Having said this the fact that you have paid for internet access does not mean any content online should be free.
Re: What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? by dasa: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2009
Punch online is the most visited nigeria news website. they are on top. this idea will either make or break them. i dont think its wise anyway.
they provide information to the public, the best way to make money is through adverts.
the subscribers will be low and they will loose visitors and as a result, thier curent advertisers.

One does not always have to make money directly. they should think of other clever ways to monetize their site.

i visit the site once a day usually, but i havnt for the past week because i cant get news from them.

overall, they have set the condition needed for another news site to take over.
thisday, vanguard, guardian, take over fast.
Re: What Does The Punch News Think They Are ? by whobemumu(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2009
me i don even delete them from my bookmarks , i can read guardian , thisday and vanguard free , why do i need punch ?

(1) (Reply)

No Apologies! Im Part Of MEND - Tony Uranta / Nigeria Tops Lists Of Us Visa Lottery Dv2010 Winners / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.