Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:38 PM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (24590 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2009
BBCSports:

Blackburn eye Van Nistelrooy move

Van Nistelrooy scored 95 league goals in five seasons at Old Trafford
Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce wants to bring Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy back to the Premier League.
Allardyce is looking for a new forward after the departures of Matt Derbyshire and Roque Santa Cruz this month.
And, after persuading Nicolas Anelka to join him at Bolton in 2006, Allardyce believes the former Manchester United forward, 33, can be tempted by Rovers.
"Who'd have thought Bolton would get Anelka? Nobody," he said. "It would be a major coup if I could pull it off."
Van Nistelrooy spent five seasons at Old Trafford, scoring 150 goals in fewer than 200 games over five seasons.
The Dutch striker moved to Real in the summer of 2006, but he has fallen down the pecking order at the Bernabeu following the Spanish side's signings of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo in recent weeks.
And Allardyce has money to spend after selling Santa Cruz to Manchester City for £17m and Derbyshire to Greek side Olympiacos for £3m.
Van Nistelrooy, who is also thought to be a target of Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, is rumoured to be available for £1.5m.
However, Allardyce conceded that the his wages could prove a stumbling block.
"The sort of salary he would be on at Real Madrid may be beyond us," Allardyce said.
"But maybe he wants to come and play in England again and take less of a salary - then we'd be interested."
Meanwhile, Allardyce has ruled out a move for Michael Owen, who he managed at Newcastle during the early part of the 2007-08 season.
The England striker's contract expires at the end of June and the 29-year-old, who is available on a free transfer, has made it clear he wants to leave the Magpies for a Premier League club.
However, Allardyce said: "I just question the injury scenario.
"I need a striker that's going to be available for 30 games next season. That's not happened for Michael over the last four years."

Will the horse face dutch poacher be tempted back to the North West of England? grin cheesy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Jameslegend: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2009
Guy, do Futo do negative marking?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2009
Jameslegend:

Guy, do Futo do negative marking?

Did somebody screw you sideways or is just acute glaucoma that is worrying you? angry
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2009
aieromon:

How come nobody is bidding for Huntellar?
I think ManU is rumored to be interested, and Madrid want to use him in their pursuit of Benzema or Villa.
Things should gather pace after the confederations cup.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 5:15am On Jun 28, 2009
Rummenigge seeks level playing field

The objective of the concept is to maintain competitive structures over the long term and limit financial excesses, especially levels of debt.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, chairman of the ECA, the UEFA committee for club competitions and of FC Bayern Munich AG, declared himself very satisfied with the Nyon talks:

“I would explicitly like to thank UEFA President Michael Platini for this highly positive and constructive meeting. I believe, for the good of football and with specific reference to European competition, we need to return to greater equality of opportunity. Furthermore, UEFA has informed us that at the present time, the German Bundesliga is one of very few European leagues in which almost all the clubs are profitably and sensibly managed.”

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2009/19860.php?fcb_sid=3639f668ab5ff7142009eeb4c1e90097
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:24am On Jun 28, 2009
dayokanu:

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2009/19860.php?fcb_sid=3639f668ab5ff7142009eeb4c1e90097
Wetin be una problem? dont you do the same in the bundesliga, signing the most expensive players in the league.
A few years ago Owen was sold to Manu at a record fee, Ribery was the most expensive last year, and there are rumors that the Gomez purchase has set a new record.

Rummenigge should stop being hypocritical and lead by example by making sure that bayern do not demand an outrageous fee for Ribery (like the $100M they are angling for).
You cannot want to sell your players for huge amounts and then question where other clubs get their money. Bayern is a big spender (the biggest in Germany) and only complain because they loose out on the european stage.

Anybody that wants to borrow money to buy a player should go ahead, and if it back fires they should take it like a man. I am totally against caps on transfer fees unless they make it zero or they make it proportional to the salary and buy out clause.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 6:45am On Jun 28, 2009
With all Bayerns Spending we did not borrow a single penny from anybody and we dont have a rich sugar daddy.

Thats what Platini is preaching spend within your means
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 8:03am On Jun 28, 2009
dayokanu:

With all Bayerns Spending we did not borrow a single penny from anybody and we dont have a rich sugar daddy.

Thats what Platini is preaching spend within your means
and who defines the means of any club or company? they are not spending UEFA's money so I dont see where the problem is. It is none of UEFA's business how a clubs finances are run, afterall its not like if UEFA will provide a bail out fund if the clubs are in distress.Every club should be free to source funds as they deem fit.

You cannot be free to determine the price you sell a player, and now want to restrict where I get the money to pay for him. The controls should be applied evenly and not biased against some specific clubs who run a business model that is different from yours. If they want to restrict sources for funds, then all other monetray issues should be made equitable.

The different clubs belong to different leagues in different economic climates and thus UEFA cannot seek to apply a sweeping condition to the economics of the entire continent.

BTW Bayern is not a big spender by european standards (just local champs  grin) and are not even on the list of top 10 transfers. When you buy a player for 50M+ without a loan, then you can talk.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 2:00am On Jun 29, 2009
Premier League - City make Eto'o 'stratospheric offer'
Samuel Eto'o could be on his way to Manchester City after Barcelona president Joan Laporta revealed the Premier League club had made the striker a "stratospheric offer".
Speculation has been rife about where Eto'o will be next season as, with his contract set to expire next summer, Barca were keen to either tie him to a new deal or cash in on the Cameroon striker.
Reports suggest the Catalan giants have accepted a 30 million euro bid from City and Laporta believes the temptation of a mega salary would prove too much for Eto'o.
"Eto'o has a stratospheric offer from City, which would convert him into the best paid player in the world," he told Catalan radio station iCat FM. "It's starting to become clear that he has this monster offer. He wants to stay but an offer like this is very difficult to refuse. If Eto'o accepts this stratospheric offer we will have to bring in someone."
Eto'o contributed 36 goals last season as Barca claimed an unprecedented Primera Division, Copa del Rey and Champions League treble.
Should the 28-year-old leave the Nou Camp, Barca would likely step up their efforts to land Spain and Valencia striker David Villa.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/28062009/58/premier-league-city-eto-o-stratospheric-offer.html

With Barry and Robinho already on the books, and Tevez and Eto likely coming in, Man City might become a force to reckon with in the EPL sooner rather than later. 'Big Four' might soon become 'Big Five'. Though I feel they need to fire Hughes.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by romeo(m): 6:16am On Jun 30, 2009
Barca is ready to offer Eto'o 2 more years contract if he's not going to Man City or any other club, But he'll be earning the same amount like he does currently. Today June 30, will be decisive.

It's all funny! Barca wants him out at all means while trying to cash in on him heavily, But Eto'o has gotten wiser and smarter cheesy cheesy. He's demanding half of his sign on fee, If Man City pays 30 Million to barcelona Eto'o wants 15 Million of it from Barca or he will see through his contract and get all that money for himself next June. Barca is not comfortable with that idea cheesy cheesy Because they need all that sum to buy Villa or any other striker of their choice.

Samu please don't mess up over this. They want to suck you but u  are showing them that you are a vampire wink
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2009
Eto shouldnt sign a new contract. He should simply see out the last year and leave on a bosman. Barca have been very ungrateful trying to sell him off to buy villa.
Several clubs would be happy to sign him.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2009
biina:

Eto shouldnt sign a new contract. He should simply see out the last year and leave on a bosman. Barca have been very ungrateful trying to sell him off to buy villa.

I actually think Barca are trying to cash in on him
I dont see them keeping him on till after his contract expires. . . . .
If he doesnt go to City, he will be touted to other top flight clubs. . . . .
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2009
biina:

You are spot on on this. For me he is one of their 4 best players. Consistent season after season.
But he is doing fine by keeping a cool head, rising above the situation.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

I actually think Barca are trying to cash in on him
I dont see them keeping him on till after his contract expires. . . . .
If he doesnt go to City, he will be touted to other top flight clubs. . . . .

He needs to agree for the move to go through.
Barca tried getting rid of him last summer, and yet he came thru for them again this year, but guess what? the dunces wanna sell him again.
He is the best finisher in the squad, and I would take him ahead of Villa for their system of play.
He should see out his contract, and leave for free. This clubs need to learn that they are not God.
I wonder if his skin color has anything to do with it, as I doubt yaya is being treated that well too. He has a buyout clause of $100M when his salary was $2M till recently.
Bayern got their dues with ballack, holding on to him when he wanted to leave, and then trying to sell him when he ad only one more season. He left for chelsea on a bosman.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2009
[size=14pt]Breaking News: Manchester United Sign Antonio Valencia From Wigan Athletic[/size]

[b]Manchester United have today made their first major capture of this summer's transfer window, and signed Ecuador international Antonio Valencia from Wigan Athletic.

The 23-year-old joins for an undisclosed fee, and has signed a four-year contract at Old Trafford.

United manager Alex Ferguson was delighted to have secured the player's signature, telling the club's official website, "Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan.

"I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team."

The player himself echoed that delight, claiming that the prospect of plying his trade in front of United's massive crowds was a decisive factor in persuading him to move from the DW Stadium, as well as playing alongside some of the biggest names in world football.

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here," he said.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can’t wait to get started."[/b]
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 12:37am On Jul 01, 2009
Not a bad signing for SAF, but he really needs to address his striking options.
Aulas is a tanner and would skin alive any club that comes for Benzema.
I think ManU should try luring eto, as that might be a club that is too good for samuel to turn down.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
Ibime: Not necessarily. . . . payments for Ronaldo are staggered over 5 years. . . meaning that in monetary terms, Perez has only paid for one galactico this year (Kaka). . . . which is his business model. . .

@Ibime, looks like your theory is rubbish.
Manchester United have completed the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Spanish giants Real Madrid for a world record transfer fee of £80m.
Cristiano Ronaldo: Already a hit in Spain
A statement from United confirmed the Premier League club have received the phenomenal one-off fee from the Primera Liga club and the deal is now official.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
FBS:

@Ibime[b], looks like your theory is rubbish. [/b]
Manchester United have completed the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Spanish giants Real Madrid for a world record transfer fee of £80m.
Cristiano Ronaldo: Already a hit in Spain
A statement from United confirmed the Premier League club have received the phenomenal one-off fee from the Primera Liga club and the deal is now official.

I was thinking the payments will be made instalmentally too. . . . . . .
There is something dodgy here jare. . . . .What if United is not telling the truth about the payment details?
What if there was agreement in place to shush on the payment terms agreed? grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by crazylegs(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
Madrid is looking fearsome. Ronaldo, Kaka and now Benzema. All paid in hard cash. Pigs angry

Etoo should go to Man City. After the whole wahala he can't stay in Barca now. He should follow the money jo. He has three la ligas and two champions league titles. He's not getting younger. Barca could also do with the cash.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2009
crazylegs:

Madrid is looking fearsome. Ronaldo, Kaka and now Benzema. All paid in hard cash. Pigs angry

Etoo should go to Man City. After the whole wahala he can't stay in Barca now. He should follow the money jo. He has three la ligas and two champions league titles. He's not getting younger. Barca could also do with the cash.
One year wont take much of his stocks, and given how barca have treated him, he needs to stick it up to them by seeing out the last year of his contract and walking for free (no money for barca cheesy).

I hope madrid dont pay 35M for Benz, as the guy is just a potential, and not worth more than 25M IMO
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by bgees(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
Something keeps telling me this Galactico will flop and underachieve.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2009
Real unveiled Kaka in front of 80,000 shocked watching fans. . . . . . . hmmmmm, when dem unveil CR7 nko

if this guys dey pay to watch d unveiling ceremony, bet Mr. Perez wouldn't mind doing so every other weekend grin

Kaka wears d #8 jersey!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2009

Forward Benzema joins Real Madrid from Lyon

France striker Karim Benzema has joined Real Madrid from Olympique Lyon, the Ligue 1 club said on their website on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old Benzema becomes Real's third major signing after Brazil's Kaka and Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo.

Lyon have accepted a minimum 35m euro bid for the player.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?cc=5739
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
[size=14pt]BREAKING NEWS: Lyon Confirm Real Madrid Deal For Karim Benzema[/size]

Just hours after denying that a deal had been agreed with Real Madrid for Karim Benzema, Olympique Lyon have confirmed that a deal has in fact been done.

A statement on the offiical Lyon website announces that the striker will cost Madrid €35 million initially and that with performance related bonuses the deal could rise to €41 million.

The message also explains the situation with Benzema and that he asked the president if he could move to Madrid sooner than expected.

"Some days ago, Karim Benzema informed president Jean Michel Aulas of his wish to join Real Madrid, always his preferred club after OL, sooner than he expected," read the statement.

"The player wished to seize the chance that Real Madrid offered to be one of the major elements in a team that has world-wide players.

"Olympique Lyon accepted the decision of Karim Benzema and negotiated the conditions for a transfer that satisfied both parties."
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

I was thinking the payments will be made instalmentally too. . . . . . .
There is something dodgy here jare. . . . .What if United is not telling the truth about the payment details?
What if there was agreement in place to shush on the payment terms agreed? grin

What if indeed its a one-off payment? tongue grin cheesy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2009
FBS:

What if indeed its a one-off payment? tongue grin cheesy

What if they got him on the free shocked grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
I don't think the CR7 deal is a 1-off. . . . . it was earlier reported as #20m per season - instalments.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

What if they got him on the free shocked grin
grin grin grin.
What if CR7 had to pay to go to Real?  grin shocked grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
Benzema. . . . . . me thinks thats a pretty over-rated buy - good player no doubts, but d price is just too much; kinda glad he didn't end up @ OT on that price tag.

Eto'o 's a wily character and got pretty good head on his shoulders, am sure he'll know how to manipulate his way and give Barca a good dose of what they deserve for treating him so.

Like to see him in UTD's colors though wink
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2009
FBS:

grin grin grin.
What if CR7 had to pay to go to Real?  grin shocked grin

grin cheesy grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tkb417(m): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2009
Benzema. . . . . . me thinks thats a pretty over-rated buy - good player no doubts, but d price is just too much; kinda glad he didn't end up @ OT on that price tag.

Eto'o 's a wily character and got pretty good head on his shoulders, am sure he'll know how to manipulate his way and give Barca a good dose of what they deserve for treating him so.

Like to see him in UTD's colors though

Eto'o in our colors
so he can slap Ferguson one day shey?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
tkb417:

Eto'o in our colors
so he can slap Ferguson one day shey?

if Rooney neva slap SAF, who go fit grin

Eto'o na d kain playa wey baba go like becuz im no dey shy to speak im mind - i dey tell u, if dat guy dey we squad, no dey surprised SAF go make am skippo; if d boys f**** up, baba no go need 2 yarn much or throw boots about, Eto'o go take care of dat! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Newcastle United Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 18th January 2020 / Midtjylland Fc Vs Manchester United :Europa League (2 - 1) On 18th February 2016 / Manchester City Vs Burnley -( 5 - 0) On 22nd June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.