Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 (54860 Views)

NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) / University Of Ibadan Ranked Best University In Nigeria [see Top 100] / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by emekakelvin(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

I have been taught by a couple of lecturers in 1 and I am doing a second degree in 2 but I can authoritatively tell you that 10 is better than both academically. The list is fake anyway, believe iit at your own peril.
are you serious? I just what to know.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ProudOlodo: 7:46am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

Ye, I do. I follow up on almost all, friends are scattered all over, my family is a mix of a couple of them too. Generally, you can place a couple of them on almost the same standard particularly the top tier ones...UI,IFE,UNILAG etc but I can tell you that 10 is far better than most of these ones in a lot of aspects.

Moreover, disregard this news, it is fake. All these hungry bloggers that just want to catch attention knowing fully well that majority of Nigerians active online are youths and will always want to check out their school's performance..

You're right, I've wtinessed several arguments over uni comparison that went overly sour. You should consider running commentary on Nigerian unis smiley
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by daveP(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2015
So 98 couldnt enter top 20 yet?

Well when the ministry moves to the permanent site, may be different. But that is an unfair and crooked position for a school that have great state of the art lecture rooms, good staff welfare and lecturers.

Still new anyway, still new. Hmm
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by naturalwaves: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2015
ProudOlodo:

You're right, I've wtinessed several arguments over uni comparison that went overly sour. You should consider running commentary on Nigerian unis smiley
Yeah@ going sour even with my own sisters that attended Unilag. I later went there for Msc and do not seem to be impressed.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by naturalwaves: 7:54am On Dec 07, 2015
emekakelvin:
are you serious? I just what to know.
About what? 10 has more academic high handedness than 1 and 2. Most of the lecturers that taught me from 1 do not set application based questions...they may have a book, practice all exercises in the book and they pour it back for you in the exam hall. 1 is academically easier, 2 is slightly overrated, 10 is like a diamond in the dirt that has not been found.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ProudOlodo: 8:06am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

Yeah@ going sour even with my own sisters that attended Unilag. I later went there for Msc and do not seem to be impressed.

Lol. I just feel most judgements are made based on personal experience which is subject to what appeals to each individual. I don't deny that there are a measure of truth in these accounts/ratings or that they can make sense when summed up
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by MedicalSamwise(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2015
Lautech shud b nomba 100
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by emekakelvin(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

About what? 10 has more academic high handedness than 1 and 2. Most of the lecturers that taught me from 1 do not set application based questions...they may have a book, practice all exercises in the book and they pour it back for you in the exam hall. 1 is academically easier, 2 is slightly overrated, 10 is like a diamond in the dirt that has not been found.

I was once confused but now I am impressed with your quote. Nevertheless, I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by naturalwaves: 8:20am On Dec 07, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Lol. I just feel most judgements are made based on personal experience which is subject to what appeals to each individual. I don't deny that there are a measure of truth in these accounts/ratings or that they can make sense when summed up
Yeah, you are right. Moreover, one thing I have learnt is that in Nigeria, it does not matter the school you go to provided it is recognized. What matters most is self development and ability to prove yourself because most of them only offer certificates. Infact, computer science should be scrapped from almost all universities including 10 which I went to.
Moreover, I have met a couple of friends from the East UNN,,UNIZIK etc and they are so sound particularly in Engineering. The point is it depends on where one has the experience. I can only speak for schools I have been to and experienced.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

Yeah, you are right. Moreover, one thing I have learnt is that in Nigeria, it does not matter the school you go to provided it is recognized. What matters most is self development and ability to prove yourself because most of them only offer certificates. Infact, computer science should be scrapped from almost all universities including 10 which I went to.
Moreover, I have met a couple of friends from the East UNN,,UNIZIK etc and they are so sound particularly in Engineering. The point is it depends on where one has the experience. I can only speak for schools I have been to and experienced.
I agree with the bolded.
Anyone that wants to read Computer science should attend APTECH or any other computer Professional schools.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by naturalwaves: 8:30am On Dec 07, 2015
FrancisTony:

I agree with the bolded.
Anyone that wants to read Computer science should attend APTECH or any other computer Professional schools.
Yeah and then get the certificate from a university to back it up but that is a free advert oooo for that company you mentioned. Some of my mates went there before studying computer science and they just shake their heads at the lecturers when they teach with their evasive techniques.

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by uchennamani(m): 8:31am On Dec 07, 2015
lordkay10:
The National University Commission (NUC), has released its annual university rankings and named University of Ibadan in Oyo state as the top tertiary institution in Nigeria.

The body, which is responsible for accreditation of schools, put University of Lagos in second place and rated Covenant University as the best private university.

Below is the 2015 Top 100 NUC University Ranking in Nigeria.

2015 TOP 100 University In Nigeria by NUC

1. University of Ibadan, UI

2. University of Lagos, Unilag

3. University of Benin, Uniben

4. Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU

5. Ahmadu Bello University, Abu

6. University of Ilorin, Unilorin

7. University of Jos, Unijos

8. University of Port Harcourt, Uniport

9. University of Maiduguri, Unimaid

10. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,

11. Lagos State University, Lasu

12. Federal University of Technology, Futo

13. Covenant University, CU

14. University of Nigeria, UNN

15. Federal University of Technology, Futa

16. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Unizik

17. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Esut

18. Pan African University

19. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology. lautech

20. Modibbo Adama University of Technology

21. African University of Science and Technology

22. University of Uyo, Uniuyo

23. Bayero University Kano, Buk

24. Ambrose Alli University, AAU

25. Redeemer’s University,

26. Babcock University

27. Federal University of Technology,

28. University of Calabar, Unical

29. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,

30. Ajayi Crowther University

31. Bowen University

32. Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Rsust

33. Lead City University

34. Crawford University

35. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU

36. Abia State University, Absu

37. Usmanu Danfodio University,

38. Igbinedion University

39. Imo State University, Imsu

40. Niger Delta University

41. Bells University of Technology

42. Kwara State University

43. Nasarawa State University

44. Caleb University

45. Obong University Obong

46. Adekunle Ajasin University

47. Ekiti State University,

48. American University of Nigeria

49. Joseph Ayo Babalola University

50. Veritas University Abuja

51. Afe Babalola University

52. Kaduna State University Kaduna

53. Osun State University Oshogbo …

54. Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University Katsina

55. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ndufu-Alike

56. Salem University Lokoja

57. Novena University Ogume

58. Achievers University, Owo Owo

59. Benson Idahosa University Benin City

60. Ebonyi State University Abakaliki

61. University of Abuja Abuja

62. University of Mkar Mkar

63. Madonna University Okija

64. Bingham University Auta Balifi

65. Plateau State University Bokkos

66. Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun

67. Federal University, Dutse Dutse

68. Nigerian Turkish Nile University Abuja

69. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai

70. Landmark University Omu-Aran

71. Delta State University, Abraka Abraka

72. University of Agriculture, Makurdi Makurdi

73. Renaissance University Enugu

74. Federal University, Otuoke Otuoke

75. Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu-Ode …

76. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti Oye …

77. Kano State University of Technology Wudil

78. Tansian University Umunya …

79. Akwa Ibom State University Uyo

80. Baze University Abuja

81. Kebbi State University of Science and Technology Aliero

82. Benue State University Makurdi

83. Adeleke University Ede

84. Ondo State University of Science & Technology Okitipupa

85. Kogi State University Anyigba

86. Western Delta University Oghara

87. Federal University, Wukari Wukari

88. Paul University Awka

89. Caritas University Enugu

90. Federal University, Lafia Lafia

91. Cross River University of Science & Technology Calabar …

92. Fountain University Oshogbo

93. Al-Hikmah University Ilorin

94. Godfrey Okoye University Ugwuomu-Nike

95. Oduduwa University Ile Ife

96. Anambra State University Uli

97. Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago Iwoye …

98. Federal University, Lokoja Lokoja

99. Federal University, Kashere Kashere

100. Rhema University Obeama-Asa

Source:-
http://www.informationng.com/2015/12/nuc-names-university-of-ibadan-number-1-in-nigeria-see-list-of-top-100.html
Thunder fire you there? You go bring 2013 ranking come paste here. Why deceive gullible and naive Nigerians with falsehood?
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 07, 2015
LAUTECH WITH SWAG. HIT THE 'LIKE' BUTTON IF YOU ARE A LADOKITE

3 Likes

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by tayour917i(m): 9:02am On Dec 07, 2015
MedicalSamwise:
Lautech shud b nomba 100
tori kinni..........
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by vicuto(m): 9:05am On Dec 07, 2015
Happy Birthday my Pastor

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ProudOlodo: 9:05am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

Well said. Self development makes Nigerians more than their institutions. I remember a friend in his lamentation once said computer science in 9ja shld be called "math science" grin. The system is compromised such that our institutions prioritise issuance of certificates by all means over upholding a standard. Regrettably, people make up that "system", both the 'defaulter' and the 'faulted'. At least, I can say that much about Nigerian unis, unlike what holds beyond our borders.

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by okolochyke: 9:05am On Dec 07, 2015
No SE university in top 10 and they will say they are the best in education

The SE is backward academically

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by rita25(f): 9:06am On Dec 07, 2015
now what's this differences or coincidence between uniagric mkd and bsu makurdi? the latter is 82 and the former 82......they couldn't even make 1st 50 and u find mean ass lecturers be forming we are the best..............RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ogawisdom(m): 9:08am On Dec 07, 2015
Esut 17 rubbish list

Lasu ranked ahead of unn undecided
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ProudOlodo: 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
FrancisTony:

I agree with the bolded.

Seriously bro. One of my friends cursed his university after pursuing professional training to realise he doesn't know much as he thought he knew.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by TeamSimple(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
Ipob youths won't like this.. meanwhile waiting for BUC (biafra university commission) list smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by kayroy5(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
OOU?
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ibadanfinest(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
Etfash:
I attended 1 & 2 and in that order (First and Second degrees). Personally, I will say both schools have similar standard of education but, i prefer Unilag. My reason is simple: You are shown what to do with what you know in Unilag!

I also have experience with both skul, as for standard of education, Unilag is relatively far behind UI, that's the truth. Am not saying unilag is of low quality though.

The advantage unilag has over UI is that, u may not come to school and still get minimum of 2-1. Just get their past question and u will pass.

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by braine(m): 9:10am On Dec 07, 2015
Reppin UNILAG! University of First choice and the nation's pride. cheesy
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ziccoit: 9:10am On Dec 07, 2015
Representing.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by IBB1994(m): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2015
ok
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:12am On Dec 07, 2015
Kindly clink the link provided, the ranking is that of 2013. Moreover, NUC don't rank universities. Check the website of the NUC, u won't see anything like this.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Niwdog(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2015
This guys no try. Delsu @ seventy what!
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2015
where is Gombe State Uni for Godsake
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by oc2fish: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2015
I finished from 1, teach in 7..., I believed in 1 before i traveled out. But now i have a rethink in all our U.I.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct / Exam Sitting Arrangement In Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka / CGPA Of OAU Best Graduating Engineering Students From 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.