Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month (26874 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / Soldier Who Went Missing In Borno For Over A Year Has Been Confirmed Dead. PICS / AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by ijustdey: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2015
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has claimed that about $1bn (N197bn) went missing every month under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The former apex bank governor, said this during a programme entitled ‘How a cancer of corruption steals Nigerian oil, weapons and lives’, which aired on The PBS NewsHour, an American daily evening television show.

The monarch said many dirty and shocking deals took place under the immediate past Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Alison-Madueke, who is currently being investigated in the United Kingdom.

His words, “In Nigeria, there is no accountability at all and that is why I think Nigeria’s corruption is worse than corruption in most parts of the world. It is the worst type of corruption. It’s stealing.
“Frankly, I think a billion dollars under Jonathan a month was about what we were losing.”

Speaking further, the emir claimed that during Alison-Madueke’s tenure as petroleum minister, people paid as low as $50m for access to crude oil blocs valued at over $2bn.

Sanusi said, “Basically, all it does is allow a group of people, who themselves don’t have any kind of operating background, to pay $50m for access to the crude oil in blocs, valued at over $2bn and they just take the crude oil, ship it out and don’t return the money and there is no trace of where the money has gone.

“Someone gets a contract to lift crude from the terminals to the refineries and in between, that crude is stolen; it is stolen on the high sea.”

“If she goes to court and is jailed for example, it sends a signal; I think that there is a day of reckoning,” he said.

The US television show quoted United States and UK authorities as saying that Alison-Madueke might have “personally overseen the stealing of $6bn”.

“The most common method is awarding oil contracts to companies owned by friends,” it added.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/07/n197bn-went-missing-under-jonathan-every-month-sanusi/

12 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by mykemiley(f): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2015
Ok, we don hear......we go luk into am basket mouth.....

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by ba7man(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2015
I know the money is exaggerated.......... but that GEJ Mumu no be small sha.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by criminalmindz: 9:59am On Dec 07, 2015
all this rubbish noise. what has usa, nigeria done to atiku,obj for the haliburton scandal.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by blacksta(m): 10:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Not sure about the figure.... The worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria was allowing Gej to be president

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by xpac01(m): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2015
And the way things are going now, it's like N500 billion is going missing everyday under present administration.

184 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by onomeasike: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2015
At current forex rate of $1 at N247,then under the corrupt govt of Former president GEJ,the total amount stolen under his watch for 6 years is 247 x 12 x 6=17784billion naira shocked
That's an estimate of 17trillion naira."America should know!"(in Jonathan's voice)

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by rhymestech: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2015
GEJ is really a disappointment to Christianity and the South-south people.

Give them a chance and they will abuse it with their corrupt attitude.

So sad

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by VampireeM(f): 10:11am On Dec 07, 2015
Sanusi Should Tell us how much he stole after all he was the CBN governor while GEJ was in power... Its so appalling when Nigerian politicians point fingers like they themselves are saints. You all are Thieves! Hypocrite Sanusi

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Frankiss44(m): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2015
rhymestech:
GEJ is really a disappointment to Christianity and the South-south people.

Give them a chance and they will abuse it with their corrupt attitude.

So sad

Zombies everywhere

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by rhymestech: 10:19am On Dec 07, 2015
VampireeM:
Sanusi Should Tell us how much he stole after all he was the CBN governor while GEJ was in power... Its so appalling when Nigerian politicians point fingers like they themselves are saints. You all are Thieves! Hypocrite Sanusi

Why don't you initiate bringing evidence of sanusi stealing from federation account and stop wailing cos i believe we need to deal with those that we already have evidence to prosecute

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by rhymestech: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2015
blacksta:
Not sure about the figure.... The worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria was allowing Gej to be president

GBAM!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Vikkie14: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2015
Mr "saint", it would have suffice you to tell us how much went Missing under you as CBN governor.

Remember when you point an accusing finger at someone, the rest of the fingers points back at you.

***MODIFIED***
To those quoting me, i know you belong to the "Zombies Species".

Let's rewind back a little bit so your "lie-glued" can see some light.
"Jonathan queries CBN Governor over N1b donation to Political Party
Our Reporter August 6, 2013.. http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/president-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor-over-apex-banks-audited-report-n1b-donation-to-political-party/

I QUOTE:
.........Others are write-off of about N3.5 billion CBN staff housing loan and the donation of about one billion naira to a political party to open up offices across the country. This donation, which was given under the special access item in the account, is believed to be geared towards furthering Sanusi’s alleged political ambition in the 2015 general elections.
The query touched other issues such as refusal of the apex bank to consolidate in its account, the trillion debt owed by the Asset Management Company, AMCON, and the non-disclosure of the total liabilities through the bond floated by the company.
The governor was also asked to explain the discrepancies noted in the 2012 account regarding the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company, a subsidiary of the apex bank".

END OF QUOTE.

No, open that Lie infested eyes and see this:

[b]The CBN governor was accused of donating about N150 billion to some institutions and interest groups in states controlled by opposition political parties in what appears to be a clever way of channelling state funds to some politicians who in turn use them to attack the president and his government. For example, while the Bayero University Kano, BUK, was said to have collected N4billion, the school authorities claimed it got only N1billion. http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/president-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor-over-apex-banks-audited-report-n1b-donation-to-political-party/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/presidency-queries-sanusi-over-donations/169564/

Ehn ehn, dont close that eye again.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by BlackTechnology: 10:30am On Dec 07, 2015
grin
Lies Lies Lies

Sanusi face your front

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Vikkie14: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2015
Having a knowledge of "these" and taking no step to block it itself is Crime and Corruption on your side mr sanusi. You definately turn away your eyes from "these" to allow these to continue, now you are ranting.
Who want to believe you?

Eye-service when the master is around is hypocrisy and unpatriotism. Why haven't you yell out then?

***MODIFIED***
To those quoting me and ignorantly yelling out that Sanusi was "clean", with insult, i have something for you: **the MIDDLE finger is up**

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/presidency-queries-sanusi-over-donations/169564/
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/president-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor-over-apex-banks-audited-report-n1b-donation-to-political-party/
This is a 2012 report
.....Others are write-off of about N3.5 billion CBN staff housing loan and the donation of about one billion naira to a political party to open up offices across the country. This donation, which was given under the special access item in the account, is believed to be geared towards furthering Sanusi’s alleged political ambition in the 2015 general elections.
The query touched other issues such as refusal of the apex bank to consolidate in its account, the trillion debt owed by the Asset Management Company, AMCON, and the non-disclosure of the total liabilities through the bond floated by the company.
The governor was also asked to explain the discrepancies noted in the 2012 account regarding the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company, a subsidiary of the apex bank.

For example, while the Bayero University Kano, BUK, was said to have collected N4billion, the school authorities claimed it got only N1billion. Please where is the remaining N3billion?? "Zombies Species"---they have nothing "atop" than the need to eat. ===moral=== they are DOGMATIC. We know those "species" to belongs to the zombie family.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Vikkie14: 10:37am On Dec 07, 2015
Everyday And you are aware of this?
Someone said you have "mathematical diarrhoea", how true is this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by looseweight: 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
I was doubting my dad when he told me sometime ago that Nigeria is so reach such that she can pay every university graduate 20,000 monthly if the right people to manage our economy re put there

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
His words, “In Nigeria, there is no accountability at all and that is why I think Nigeria’s corruption is worse than corruption in most parts of the world. It is the worst type of corruption. It’s stealing.
“Frankly, I think a billion dollars under Jonathan a month was about what we were losing.”

Now i see why the TSA was not implemented during GEJ's regime.

***Fools won't understand that***

grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by ahckmedkosy(m): 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Abeg make Sanusi carry his stewpid talk abt missing money to his baby wife. He dint realize that money was missing till he left CBN. Imagine such blazing lies from the mofo. As far as I know, Sanusi is a thief equally whose legitimate means of robbery was denied him hence he is now a Canary singing up n down. Sult-an my a*s

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by rattlesnake(m): 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
America didn't know
Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by deebsman1(m): 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Damn, no hope for the zoo......dem turn d world to a place where they won't ever live. Ribadu said abt $60 billion leaves Africa yrly and SLS affirms something close again. No hope for dis zoo. The problem with this zoo basically transpires d clueless 1 regime alone, back to obj, yar'adua all d way to d beginning and formation of this zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Sanusi the saint has spoken. The same nepotist who was sleeping with another man's wife that he gave a job.

Can he actually swear that didn't steal? I may have disliked Jonathan's regime of corruption but Sanusi has no moral ground to even make his own accusations.
All these unverified utterances can only be made in Nigeria because nobody sues another for slander.

16 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Berrylite: 10:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Ok, next plss

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by c4tnoelz: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
one day bush meat go catch d hunter

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Csami(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
shocked

Honestly Sanusi must be high on kwale weed! 197billion times 12 is giving me crazy figures here. Imagine multiplying it by 24months or probably 36months and see if one won't need a bigger electronic device for that.

Sanusi, we get it. You hate Jonathan's administration but spewing nonsense like this won't help anyone. The treasury would be empty for real and buhari won't be flying around carelessly.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Chanchit: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
The SS are shouting marginalization, SE calling for secession,when the real people they/we should all be holding responsible are our leaders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by hizson(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
GEJ ma Bleep up sha..from a GEJ fan....buht we all know sanusi is a bloody liar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by MrDavidson: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2015
Vikkie14:
Having a knowledge of "these" and taking no step to block it itself is Crime and Corruption on your side mr Sanusi.

Eye-service when the master is around is hypocrisy and unpatriotism. Why haven't you yell out then?

That's not true. Mr Sanusi was very independent-minded. He once went to the Senate to challenge them on their humongous salaries and allowances.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by sammyj: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2015
shocked
Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Ibelong2God: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2015
hmm
Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by eleko1: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
No wonder sad.According to la'clueless dictionary,stealing is not corruption.Thank obatala,I vote baba Daura.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi: N197bn Went Missing In Jonathan's Administration Every Month by Akbee(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
If Mr Goodluck Ebele Johnathan decides to write an autobiography one day, he shud borrow the title of Nashir El Rufai book '' the accidental public servant'' cos that best suit the situation he has found himself in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air / Nigerian Lawyers In Canada Stand By Kaycee Madu / Picture Of Peter Obi, Datti & LP Gubernatorial Candidate For Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.