Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire (35740 Views)

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by krisjovi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
headkonsult:
CAN SOMEONE SUMMARIZED THIS FOR ME

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 English Standard Version (ESV)

Tithes

22 “You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

28 “At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

please can you confirm this from a New Testament Bible passage?
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Ironlion1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
Timothy3113:
Tithe
How is not paying tithe a sin,
Which disciple of christ spoke about tithe.?? ?
I taya oooh!!! How not paying tithe is a sin can only be explained by those who had mortgaged their brains to a pastor. The consequences of not paying tithe is opeing doors for the devourer, and this you have to deal without the intervention of God.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by richiepolymer(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lordgel:
These are some of the sins that will take many christians to hell fire.

1. Lust (Matthew 5:28, 1 John 2:15-16)

2. Fornication (1 Corinthians 6:18)

3. Refusing to pay tithes and offerings (Malachi 3:8

4. Selfishness and greed (2 Timothy 3:2) and

5. Negleting to preach salvation to sinners (1 Corinthians 9:16).

Is Tithe a Christian thing? What is Christianity and who is a christian? Did Christ talk or preach tithing? Are the old testament books christian books? Are you aware that there were several religions practiced by those captured in the old testament of the bible?
Maybe we need to extend our research more than just blind faith and religiosity.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by nelson16(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
All sins lead to hell, not just the six identified!
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Investnow2017: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lordgel:

For lying in the name of the Lord about Tithing, if you do not repent and accept the truth of God's word, you are in line to suffer the everlasting consequences of unpardonable sin Rev 22:8. For foisting tithing on people in the name of the gospel you have reduced yourself to a spiritual rogue.

Tithing was introduced to care for the sons of Levi under the Mosaic law until the arrival and death of Christ. Being an agricultural nation, the 11 remaining tribes of the 12 sons of Jacob were commanded by God to contribute one tenth (tithe) of their farm produce for the tribe of Levi for the sustenance of the priesthood of Aaron. The reason was that because they are fully engaged with sacrificing animals and performing other duties in the tabernacle on behalf of themselves and the other 11 tribes the tribe of Levi would have no time to farm hence the 11 other tribes were to contribute one tenth (tithe) of their farm produce for the tribe of Levi. It was a loving provision by God and this was meant to sustain true worship until the advent of Jesus Christ.
The death of Christ put an end to this law. Christians are meant these days to contribute what their heart moves them to give 1st Cor 16:1-3. Many these days even give more than the one tenth prescribed by the Levitical law.

To say that Christians are commanded by the Bible to pay tithe and that failure to pay is punishable by God is one of the greatest lies ever told! Only dubious and greedy and materialistic so called men of God would do that. No wonder God has said emphatically that they will pay dearly for defrauding the people in his name.

Romans chapter 10:4 says that Christ is the End of the Law. Tithing ended with the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ hence there is no record in the Bible that Christians, followers of Jesus Christ, ever took tithe or demanded same from the early christians.
Apostle Paul worked as a tent maker to take care of himself while preaching the gospel and he encouraged others to work. Jesus never says his followers should be threatened with payment of tithe in order for them to be saved.

Some who even claim to pay the tithe these days do not actually pay if you are to follow the law. You pay this month and when there is little problem then you postpone and pay in three months time or you pay after running your expenses and end up pay less than 10% required by the law. Is that paying of tithe Run away from those thieves called men of God who would threaten you with paying of tithe. They are not representing God or Christ. They are false prophets, thieves and rogues.
Op repent and search for the Truth.

2 Likes

Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Exciton(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
I pity the Northern Christian who insists on number 5. Na death sentence. Hehehe.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by greatman247(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Op.... You are very correct. It's already happening within the so called Christians. Imagine some rich Christian employer owing employee salaries and wouldn't want workers to talk, if they do, he spiritualism the whole talk to confuse their head. But such won't work with me though. Lol. Honesty, most of them like greed and they like to cheat. The commit fornication in secret and come openly to speak against it.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by thywobab(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
"My people(christains) perish becos they lack knowledge" Sin only leads u to hell when u don't believe in jesus christ or go back to him(for forgiveness) because the sin of ur unborn child is already paid for on d cross (jesus said"it is finished" i.e u don't av to work for ur righteousness anymore jus believe).
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Wilgrea7(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
tithe is the greatest
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by OliveCynosure(f): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
The 'ONLY' way a person can miss Heaven is not believing in Jesus
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by IykeD(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
enochraf:

bro, go and read Malachi 3 vs 10.....we can rob God
tithes and offerings is for your own good
in as much u sow it where it will germinate
dere are some natural laws u can't avoid
giving is living..... give and it shall be given to u....
apostle Paul made mention of it

Your brainwashing really worked well.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by onos217(m): 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
kandyj:

onos217, I go try my best
If you genuinely seek Christ, you can live a sinless life. Yes, its possible through Christ that strengthens us.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Vanshmuell(m): 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
If these 5 sins will take someone to he'll fire,which ones will take the person to heaven
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by freethesheeple(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Timothy3113:
u never answerd my question? ?
Where from new testament dem mention tithe
Which of d apostle told or preached dat failing to pay tithe will not allow u to make heaven..
Or did jesus ever said even though u are saved and u dont pay tithe, u wont make heavven, becos u are robbing me.
Can some one even rob God,??
God does not need ur money, nor ur food.

this tite issue is making Christanity another thing in Nigeria ah tell u
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by micxwell(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
sopulurespect:

I have been thinking about it since I was in the university. Am yet to see an individual whose Microsoft office is the original version.
Even the one I see in church is pirated.
Exactly my brother. Thank God for grace o.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Dorvy: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
OPS! U left the weithier things of d law. Hope you are not a scribe and Pharisees.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by amjustme2: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
There is something about this your writeup that strikes me.

I'm beginning to draw conclusions in my heart just like Mary did.

Investnow2017:

For lying in the name of the Lord about Tithing, if you do not repent and accept the truth of God's word, you are in line to suffer the everlasting consequences of unpardonable sin Rev 22:8. For foisting tithing on people in the name of the gospel you have reduced yourself to a spiritual rogue.

Tithing was introduced to care for the sons of Levi under the Mosaic law until the arrival and death of Christ. Being an agricultural nation, the 11 remaining tribes of the 12 sons of Jacob were commanded by God to contribute one tenth (tithe) of their farm produce for the tribe of Levi for the sustenance of the priesthood of Aaron. The reason was that because they are fully engaged with sacrificing animals and performing other duties in the tabernacle on behalf of themselves and the other 11 tribes the tribe of Levi would have no time to farm hence the 11 other tribes were to contribute one tenth (tithe) of their farm produce for the tribe of Levi. It was a loving provision by God and this was meant to sustain true worship until the advent of Jesus Christ.
The death of Christ put an end to this law. Christians are meant these days to contribute what their heart moves them to give 1st Cor 16:1-3. Many these days even give more than the one tenth prescribed by the Levitical law.

To say that Christians are commanded by the Bible to pay tithe and that failure to pay is punishable by God is one of the greatest lies ever told! Only dubious and greedy and materialistic so called men of God would do that. No wonder God has said emphatically that they will pay dearly for defrauding the people in his name.

Romans chapter 10:4 says that Christ is the End of the Law. Tithing ended with the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ hence there is no record in the Bible that Christians, followers of Jesus Christ, ever took tithe or demanded same from the early christians.
Apostle Paul worked as a tent maker to take care of himself while preaching the gospel and he encouraged others to work. Jesus never says his followers should be threatened with payment of tithe in order for them to be saved.

Some who even claim to pay the tithe these days do not actually pay if you are to follow the law. You pay this month and when there is little problem then you postpone and pay in three months time or you pay after running your expenses and end up pay less than 10% required by the law. Is that paying of tithe Run away from those thieves called men of God who would threaten you with paying of tithe. They are not representing God or Christ. They are false prophets, thieves and rogues.
Op repent and search for the Truth.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by poweredcom(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
hell fire will be d fun place to be cos all x baddo go de there groove go yakpa

as for me I be fornication king hahaha

ur father there poster have u been to hell before

no heaven no hell all na wash
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by IamGodsGrace(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
No Christian will go to hell op! Copy that.
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Investnow2017: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
amjustme2:
There is something about this your writeup that strikes me.

I'm beginning to draw conclusions in my heart just like Mary did.

Yes my dear bro. You can read more about this subject of tithing from the following website: www.jw.org.

The arrangement of tithing has been abolished by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. Christ is the end of the law. It is therefore wrong to try to place Christians under that yoke.

The undue emphasis that "men of god" give to the practice of tithing goes to show their ulterior motive. True Christians these days even give more, but these are done not under compulsion but willingly, 2nd Corinthians 9: 6,7.

Religion has done a lot of harm especially with these later day so called prophets and pastors. Too much emphasis on money and material possessions. You would have even noticed that some criminals now rationalise away a serious offence as stealing or robbery.

The other day an armed robber said he went into crime to raise money to launch his gospel album! Another said that he was in the business of promising marriage to foreign women who are in search of a husband. He succeeded with one such that she was sending him huge sums of money until "enemy of progress" told the innocent victim that he was already married! Another said he was into 419 and "luck shined on him one day when he succeeded in duping someone of thousands of US dollars.

A female colleague of mine had her new smartphone stolen the other day in the market. When she got to the office she immediately called the line using another phone. And the male voice on the otherside replied to her passionate plea "madam please try and get another phone for yourself. I have been praying to God to provide me with a smartphone and now God has answered my prayer and you want to spoil show for me". And suddenly the line went dead.

You can appreciate the mentality people these days. If you check properly, these thinkings have been thus shaped by the constant unrelenting bombardment of these materialistic pastors and so called prophets who spend hours glorifying and worshiping materialism instead of pointing people in the right direction! Not surprising, afterall you cannot give what you do not have!

2 Likes

Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by Broderick555: 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
op what about you wey dey worship God on Sunday nor be Sabbath dey for Bible?
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by charlesucheh(m): 3:29am On Jul 10, 2017
YES I LIKE THE TITHE BUZZING ARGUMENT !!! ITS HEALTHY FOR THE HAVES AND HAVE NOT....... WE ALL JUST NEED TO CHOSE THE GUY IN FAVOR OF OUR STATUS SIMPLE...... AS FOR ME, I GO WITH THE GUY AGAINST THE MOTION THAT NOT PAYING TITHE IS A SIN....... OPPOSITION GROUPS SHOULD COME AND KILL ME IN MY FATHER'S "ATE' ( LOCAL RESTING HUT)
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by fromnigeria(m): 4:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Lordgel:

Sorry, but its not true, especially tithing. Do you know that... Tithing can even make you merit hell. Because you are walking below standard when you're doing 10%
Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by amjustme2: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2017
We are together on this point.

Investnow2017:

Yes my dear bro. You can read more about this subject of tithing from the following website: www.jw.org.

The arrangement of tithing has been abolished by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. Christ is the end of the law. It is therefore wrong to try to place Christians under that yoke.

The undue emphasis that "men of god" give to the practice of tithing goes to show their ulterior motive. True Christians these days even give more, but these are done not under compulsion but willingly, 2nd Corinthians 9: 6,7.

Religion has done a lot of harm especially with these later day so called prophets and pastors. Too much emphasis on money and material possessions. You would have even noticed that some criminals now rationalise away a serious offence as stealing or robbery.

The other day an armed robber said he went into crime to raise money to launch his gospel album! Another said that he was in the business of promising marriage to foreign women who are in search of a husband. He succeeded with one such that she was sending him huge sums of money until "enemy of progress" told the innocent victim that he was already married! Another said he was into 419 and "luck shined on him one day when he succeeded in duping someone of thousands of US dollars.

A female colleague of mine had her new smartphone stolen the other day in the market. When she got to the office she immediately called the line using another phone. And the male voice on the otherside replied to her passionate plea "madam please try and get another phone for yourself. I have been praying to God to provide me with a smartphone and now God has answered my prayer and you want to spoil show for me". And suddenly the line went dead.

You can appreciate the mentality people these days. If you check properly, these thinkings have been thus shaped by the constant unrelenting bombardment of these materialistic pastors and so called prophets who spend hours glorifying and worshiping materialism instead of pointing people in the right direction! Not surprising, afterall you cannot give what you do not have!

1 Like

Re: Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire by brocab: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
Today's tithes and offerings causes the poor to become poorer.
Today's tithes and offering causes selfishness and greed.
Bring all your weekly tithes and offerings into the storehouse so my pastor will be fed.
Is this, truly the Word of God-ls there no sin found, in these three lines above.
Lordgel:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals / Daddy Freeze: I Was Attacked By Religious Mafia, It's Not God's Wrath / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.