Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu (1457 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by farem: 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Excuse me from supremacy battle, says new Ooni
•showers praises Tinubu
The new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has
asked to be excused from any form of battle over
supremacy in Yorubaland.
Speaking at his coronation ceremony today, Oba
Ogunwusi disclosed that his top priorities will be
to work for the unity of the Yoruba, embark on
Youth development programmes and harmonize
the potentials of Ile-Ife for its development instead
of battling over supremacy.
Ogunwusi received the staff of office as the 51st
Ooni of Ife at his palace on Monday.
He said the country was sitting on a time bomb of
youth unemployment, stressing that only
concentrated efforts aimed at developing youths
can promote peace, reduce crime and put Angelina
youths in the path of usefulness for the economic
prosperity of their country.
He said: “For me, there is no supremacy. What I
want is unity. I am in good relationship with the
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu and most other
traditional rulers in Lagos State. I am also in good
relationship with many obas in Ogun and Ekiti
State. That means the Yoruba are coming together
as one.”
The new Ooni paid homage to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
for grooming leaders and making sacrifice for
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by mozel247: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
If not tinubu u won't be oba before na

2 Likes

Re: Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Jagaban for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by crispberry(f): 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
My jagaban cheesy grin
Re: Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 15, 2016
mozel247:
If not tinubu u won't be oba before na

Tinubu made him after prostrating severally. Just as Awo made the previous one.
Re: Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by absoluteSuccess: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
God bless you dear king.
Re: Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu by Ayobami7(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2018
This is my Comment

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Translate To Your Language. :-? / Pls i Want To Learn Fulani Language / Origins Of Us So Called Bantu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.