Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem (1403 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? / Laptop Keyboard Not Responding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by rock2(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2006
I use hp laptop nx9010 and i have this problem. i left the laptop unused for about a month and when i got back to it, the ']' key presses continously. i've searched the entire internet (just kidding, maybe half of it, ) for a solution other than replacing it but haven't got a solution i could use. we Nigerians are good at managing stuffs without replacing it (think cars,roads,etc.). your help is needed urgently cos i,ve tried a few nasty ideas of mine. thanks
Re: Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by Christino(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2006
I don't understand.

Is the key pressed by default or

Does it respond continuously when you press it once?

Either way, are you a programmer? If you are not, i bet you'll hardly ever need that button. If that's the case, please remove it. I think you can do without it, but don't leave it exposed.

If you'll need that key in the future, just go to Accessories/Accessibility/On screen keyboard. then u can see all your keys in a logical format.

Option two, remove the key and see if the suspender's gone bad/worn out/pressed in. see if you can pull it out. By default, pressing the key (hard) on the keyboard should snap it into it's former position.

Bros,
you are not alone, my hp ze4800's space bar key is also bad, i've removed the plastic suspenders and i'm using the bar on the knob directly. grin
Re: Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by rock2(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2006
thanx. the faulty key is not depressed and looks just as good as the others. i dont even have to touch the button or any other before it keeps on responding. Before i remove any of the keys, i'll like to exploit all available options first cos their mechanism looks complex and i might not be able to fix it back , that is if i remove if without damaging it. finally, i'm a programmer and i need that button (']'). help!
Re: Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by Christino(m): 9:35am On Oct 20, 2006
Maybe you should log this trouble ticket with HP Support. I just remembered a colleague had a similar problem with her "u" and "e" keys, she had to sell the laptop, because even when we connected an external keyboard to the lappie, the idiot was still as gross as hell.

Maybe HP keyboards arent good anyway, with yours now, i've seen three poor keyboards, in contrast, Compaq has the best key layout and ruggedness and HP who acquired them are cheap sluts (permit my derog)

Reformatting your HDD cannot even guarantee that, so i'm in a fix here too, dunno what we can do, diall HP 911!
Re: Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by rock2(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2006
I can assure you HP will recommend a replacement for the keyboard but i don't think i'll like to get a replacement just because of one key.
Re: Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by pespes: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2006
hi there,just fixed mine today just go ahead and replace cos if they replace it,there will be problem at the end.

later
Re: Hp Laptop Keyboard Problem by Christino(m): 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2006
How sir?

(1) (Reply)

What Is D Cost Of Nokia 6730c. / Xerox Vs Hp In Nigeria Market / Help Me Solve This Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.