Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland (4700 Views)

I Would've Resigned If I Was In Saraki's Shoes - Buhari / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Truequest(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
I will congratulate him on his 2nd year anniversary as President, I will tell him that we
were happy when he came to power, because he was the first president of Nigeria to come
from the academic. I will tell him that though we were aware that he never intended to be
President, we still felt he should have overcome all lethargic feeling and settled down for
real governance.

I will tell him that Nigeria is on stand still ooo!, that virtually everything has halted.
I will also tell him that PZ have left Nigeria for Ghana, that Cadbury is about to follow.
I tell him that PZ, Cadbury and other multinationals believe that it is cheaper to run their
businesses from our West African neighbours than in Nigeria, though we are the largest consumer
of their products in Africa.

I will tell him that life for the ordinary man on the street is getting tougher everyday.
I will tell him that money could not have been the reason for our under development because Lagos
is doing well even amidst global melt down. I will tell him that if Lagos with her little
resources can achieve such progress that the Nation can do better if resources are properly
channeled.

I will tell him that though he constantly talks about Seven point agenda, that many Nigerians
cannot name three things on the agenda. That I would have preferred he shutdown his long list
of agenda and pick one and follow that one to a logical end.

I will tell him that he raised our hope when he announced that he was going to embark on electoral
reform. But two years after we are no longer as optimistic as we were at the beginning. I will tell
him that what we need the reform for is, for our vote to count, so that elected representatives
will have a feeling that power belongs to people, that way they will no longer serve their pockets.

I will tell him that his key strength areas are under threat, one of them is the rule of law. I will
tell him that, though he did not start what is happening at the Niger Delta but his latest approach
is scary and worrisome, as the region is still under developed. I will tell him that it is natural for
people to show resentment particularly when people from other places come and impose themselves
on them use them and their resources without any regard for the goose that lay the golden egg.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Truequest(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will also ask him what has happened to the Halliburton issue?
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will tell him to do Nigeria a favour and vacate office of presidency.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Truequest(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

This has set me thinking on how to present that point to him, I must confess two more years
is too long or did I hear six years from somebody?
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by pixiraver(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will tell him to take a hike and vacate Aso Rock, the guy is a nuisance and i am very sorry for Nigeria if we don't wake up from our dull drums and kick this Illiterate and his fellow K-34 or whatever into jail. Stupid idiots
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by rebelious: 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
fhemmy i couldnt agree less. he is doing a great job nd i think he deservses to stay longer, at least to prove himself.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will ask him:
-Why was Ribadu persecuted?
-Why did he give information ministry to Dora Akunyili,with no PR background, instead of Health or related ministry?
-Why did he make Sam Egwu a minister?
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Igwe9(m): 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
Just ask him how far he's gone with his 7 point agenda smiley
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by blacksta(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will tell God will never forgive him for his crimes he has committed and still commiting against Nigeria.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by heritage00(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will tell him to keep ruling until his heart problem kills him in office,Slow Thief,
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by hackney(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will ask him who the next president will be.
Also being closer to the core of  Nigerian elite, i will ask him what chance nigeria really has with
moving forward.

I will also ask him if there are other politicians on NL guising as 'normal' people and trying to whip up
positive perspectives on issues.
(snakes).
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Pataki: 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2009
Tell him to resign, and go solve his health issues.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by adybabs: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
ASK HIM WHY HONOUR DOES NOT EXIST IN OUR SOCIETY COS IF IT DOES, HE SHOULD VE RESIGNED B4 D SECOND ANNIVERSARY. ABSOLUTELY, NOTHING IS MOVING AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL. THANKS TO FASHOLA FOR THE LITTLE HOPE AND GIANT STRIDE. angry angry
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Truequest(m): 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
Igwe.:

Just ask him how far he's gone with his 7 point agenda smiley

Igwe do you know the seven point agenda? I would rather tell him to focus on one point!
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by ud4u: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will only ask him to reduce the seven point agenda to one point so that he can achieve it and leave the rest for others after him.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by oludashmi(f): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

blacksta:

I will tell God will never forgive him for his crimes he has committed and still commiting against Nigeria.

heritage00:

I will tell him to keep ruling until his heart problem kills him in office,Slow Thief,

hackney:

I will ask him who the next president will be.

ud4u:

I will only ask him to reduce the seven point agenda to one point so that he can achieve it and leave the rest for others after him.

ROFLMAO!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin I will tell him to take a closer look at above replies.
All these guyz will not kill me.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by otukpo(f): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
Jarus:

I will ask him:
-Why was Ribadu persecuted?
-Why did he give information ministry to Dora Akunyili,with no PR background, instead of Health or related ministry?
-Why did he make Sam Egwu a minister?

- Why did he make Achike Udenwa a Minister?
- Why has he sold his conscience to PDP?
- Who is actually ruling Nigeria?
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by benheart(f): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2009
i will pray with him and thank God that he is still alive considering how poor his health, and will also advise him to stay of air for sometime because anytime i see him on screen  making speeches , his looks and skin makes me want to throwup.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by kalmebad(f): 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Poster

What an Impressing topic to come up with, thump up

Since you have said it all, will only remind him of his word of oath "THE SERVANT LEADER" How he has been able to achieve this
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by jimmysho(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
the simple question for our ailing president is why did he KANOLISED AND KASTINALISED the Economic Team. hope u guy understand my point
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by FrankC3: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will ask him whether he really meant that G-20 meeting complaint grin
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Ben13: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2009
I'll just ask him how he feel that Obama is visiting ghana and won't come to Nigeria.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Ibime(m): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
otukpo:

Why did he make Achike Udenwa a Minister?

Wetin do Achike Udenwa?

Achike was gonna run for President, then sold his support base for a ministerial seat. Many people do it.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by palmwine(m): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Ibime

Are you Mr. President? undecided
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by palmwine(m): 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will ask him why is he filling all available federal appointment with northerners

I will ask him when he hopes to declare the state of emergency in the power sector
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by chykeo(m): 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will tell him to do Nigerians a favour and RESIGN on grounds of incompetence

1. Obasanjo was moronic but Yar' Adua's seemingly go slow and not doing anything is making Obasanjo a great President. With Obasanjo, we knew        where we were on issues, but with Yar' Adua

2. For removing Nuhu Ribadu and having him demoted

3. For removing Dora Akunyili and trying to make her a talkative with the role of lie to Nigerians that the nation or country (depending as you see it) is moving forward whereas we are still where we are.

4. For making  Achike Udenwa Minister of commerce who as a governor of Imo state, said in his achievements as governor of Imo state in his first 100 days in office in 1999, that he single handedly brought Mr. Biggs to Owerri, the state capital. Now as Minister of Commerce and industries, folks expect Mcdonalds.

5. For the handling or mishandling of the Halliburton case

6. For not getting Nigerian stadia ready for Fifa inspection thereby jeopardising our chances of hosting this years u-17 world cup

7. For not achieving none of the 7 point agenda

8. For going to campaign in Ekiti during the rerun of the guber elections last month

9. For lieing to Nigeria about his health. He is always in and out of hospital.

10. For not reappointing the reformer Chukwuma Soludo as CBN governor. It is now Sanusi

11. 2 years after being in Aso rock, he is yet to go on a familiarization tour of the states and get a first hand info on the probs and needs of the people.

12.For the rate of corruption going on now in Nigeria under his nose.

13. For still having Maurice Iwu there as INEC (nig. Ltd) Manager. The guy is a disgrace to democratic institutions the world over.

Infact the list is endless

but worst of all is that HE IS IN A SLUMBER. Aso rock is meant for a president but that guy is a sleeper.

Infact I will ask him to resign as a grand father. He still  has a chance of visiting Aso rock in the future. 2 state governors are marrying his daughters and the way power revolves round in Nigeria within families, dont be surprised you will be back as father in law during your daughters parturition.

FELLOW NIARALANDERS; we shall do something about the electoral process in Nigeria. We shall use this medium to mobilise our people like we did in nigeriavilagesquare when a Nigerian was sent off the British airways flight and when a Nigerian deportee from Spain was murdered inflight. Let us stop allowing morons to get to Aso rock. The last american presidential election was all about the internet. We the youths now have the power.

P.S

PAT UTOMI,
REUBEN ABATI,
FASHOLA and
SULLIVAN CHIME

PLEASE GET READY FOR PRESIDENT IN 2011.
THE YOUTHS OF THIS NATION WILL FLUSH THEM ALL OUT
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by agabaI23(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will tell him he has no business with governance.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Truequest(m): 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ibime:

Wetin do Achike Udenwa?

Achike was gonna run for President, then sold his support base for a ministerial seat. Many people do it.

Sir you can only forward comments made to presido don't answer for him.
He is a good man only that we want answers to these issues
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by otukpo(f): 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
benheart:

i will pray with him and thank God that he is still alive considering how poor his health, and will also advise him to stay of air for sometime because anytime i see him on screen  making speeches , his looks and skin makes me want to throwup.

grin grin grin

No be only u.

Ibime:

Wetin do Achike Udenwa?

Wetin no do Achike Udenwa?
For the Eight yrs he spent as Imo state governor, pls name one single thing that he did in that state. He is a thief, a big thief for that matter.  sighssssssssssss
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by Truequest(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2009
Some people are actually saying I should tell him to resign also, I would have
but the last time I checked we are in Nigeria not Europe or America. Here leaders
don't resign they are either voted or butted out.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by damola1: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
I will ask him for his vision for NIgeria, and what he's done with the resources within his disposition.

Can he just give us electricity, thats all,

If he can for the first 4yrs, give us electricity, then he'll forever remain a legend.

Next if he can in another 4yr term improve our export potential. Make sense,

Just ELECTRICITY.
Re: What I Would've Told Yar'adua If He Was On Nairaland by chykeo(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2009
ACHIKE UDENWA BROUGHT MRBIGGS TO OWERRI.

Poor us! that is what that man read in his speech at his 100 days in office statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Weapons Uncovered In Northern Nigeria / APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi / Jonathan Pledges To Improve Nigeria’s Security Capabilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.