Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,417 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List (3095 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Fmr NSA's Bombshell:Yar'adua Was A Psychiatric Patient, IBB Owns Julius Berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2009
How Yar'Adua Was Removed From EFCC Corruption List - El-Rufai
By Wole Olujobi, Deputy News Editor, Lagos

Former Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nasir el-Rufai, has revealed how the name of President Umaru Yar'Adua was removed from the corruption list of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) ahead of the Presidential nomination in 2007.

He also said Yar'Adua was one of the active participants trying to subvert the Constitution to pave the way for former President Olusegun Obasanjo's third term bid.

He wrote in an Internet-based forum that Yar'Adua's humble and austere personal lifestyle endeared him to many, and was not considered personally corrupt compared with other Governors.

El-Rufai recounted that when Nuhu Ribadu, the then EFCC Chairman, compiled the names of "corrupt Governors," Yar'Adua's was initially on the list, but Ribadu was persuaded by Aliyu Gusau (Obasanjo's National Security Adviser) to remove his name because "Umaru's corruption was not personal, and was productive relative to other venal Governors".

El-Rufai claimed that it was because of this omission that made some of them to support Yar'Adua for the Presidency.

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/tfpg/article03
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by AjaraEwuro: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2009
Liers.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Bolarge(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2009
Medicine after death.

Atrocious timing.

Why squeal now?
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by AKO1(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Liers.

El-Rufai did write about this on his facebook page.

See these links for the full gist:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by OYBMEND: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2009
the President is just a smarter Thief

El-Rufai confirmed that

The President also confirmed that in his Guardian Interview when he said 'I can't let IBORI down'
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by ayodot(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2009
interesting, on a serious note, is it possible in Nigeria to govern without any form of indispline or corrupt practice
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by rasputinn(m): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2009
A_K_O:

El-Rufai did write about this on his[b] facebook page.[/b]

Facebook of all places,how so reduced
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by DeepSoul(f): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2009
"Umaru's corruption was not personal, and was productive relative to other venal Governors".

Pray tell, when is corruption qualified as "not personal" and "productive"

In what way is corruption eva productive??

It's so hard to be optimistic about this country sad
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by hackney(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2009
I wont even flinch if IBB is not on the list.

All these " we are fighting corruption" is something i will never take serious.
It is so entrenched that the solution is personal decisions or a catastrophic natural disaster with >=98% fatality.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by TruBrotha: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2009
El-Rufai should shut his stinkers up. He was part of the system and is only spilling out becos he is now a victim. What stopped him from saying all this during his term? Hypocrite.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by biola44: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2009
nigeria we hail thee! sad
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by biola44: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
i dont know who or wat 2 believe! cry cry cry
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by luvinhubby(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2009
TruBrotha:

El-Rufai should shut his stinkers up. He was part of the system and is only spilling out becos he is now a victim. What stopped him from saying all this during his term? Hypocrite.
you can`t be more right,
Yar`adua is not ready to cover up el-rufai`s lawless attrocities while FCT minister, that`s why he is spilling out.El-rufai was the worst, lawless, heatless,little criminal in Obj`s admin. angry angry angry
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by femi4love(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2009
Only God almighty fully understands what's wrong with Nigeria. I have stopped cracking my brain a long time ago. I Just read, hear, watch, sigh!!! and then pray to God who can make the impossible possible to do have mercy on Nigeria.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by mbulela: 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
femi4love:

Only God almighty fully understands what's wrong with Nigeria. I have stopped cracking my brain a long time ago. I Just read, hear, watch, sigh!!! and then pray to God who can make the impossible possible to do have mercy on Nigeria.

i am beginning to wonder if God himself has not stopped cracking his head as it concerns Nigeria and i am not trying to be blasphemous there.
i am serious.
the best thing is just to detach yourself from this country, as mentally as possible.
look, listen, read, sigh and even comment but don't take it to heart.
as far as i am concerned, everybody in the corridors of power is a crook.
my little concern is this; while stealing trying and do something tangible.
do something. that is all Nigerians need.
you thief, yet you do nothing.
that is the painful part.
i am looking at you, Mr 'fix it'. tony annenih
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2009
OYB_MEND:

the President is just a smarter Thief

El-Rufai confirmed that

The President also confirmed that in his Guardian Interview when he said 'I can't let IBORI down'

Moderators!!!

my clone is back!!!
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
I wont be surprised.
The guy has no vission at all.
A president that is yet to nominate a CBN gov days after the post ought to be vacant, just making Nigeria look stupid.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by chukxy44(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
No matter what anyone might think we are in this for four years, if we can survive 2 years don't be supprised that we might remain on Auto-pliot for under 6 years.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by omoabike: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
El-Rufai spent so much time giving the story of Umar Yaradua's life and at least claimed to have known him since 1972.
However he did not accept responsibility for heading the committee that chose Yaradua. He blamed everybody including Yaradua except himself.
What he should be doing now is asking for forgiveness from Nigerians rather than blaming "Baba Go slow". We Nigerians have accepted him as
our cross that we shall carry till 2011 and not longer by God's grace. El-Rufai and his clique are very cerebral but the way and manner they
ran government during Obasanjo era was anti democratic and that is what led them to that situation where they had no plan B and ended up
choosing Yaradua. It was obvious for any discerning reader of his write up that their plan was to perpetuate Baba Shege and they never expected
opposition to that from the populace.
You can not only be a democrat in words you should be a democrat both in deeds and actions. They all behave like the military that we Nigerians
were tired of. Another pertinent question to raise on his write up is, why now? From what he himself implied what they wanted was to have a president that
they would control going by his own account of flying someone in from South Africa to write Yaradua acceptance speech. What a waste that was.
Why did they not allow Nigerians to choose who they wanted as president in 2007. What gave them the effrontery to think that the few of them
know better than millions of Nigerians voters.They made sure our votes did not count. His write up did not explain where the huge sum of money
to hire the American, South African and British "spin doctors" came from. By and large it is a good write up because it has given me a view
into the mind of one of the principal actors during the Obasanjo government.
I am not disappointed though as it has only proven what I had suspected for so long about what is driving these individuals. He talked about
Hakeem Bello Osagie being part of the unholy alliance to perpetuate the suffering of Nigerians. So what do I think, I think he is only bitter
now because the gentle dove has now become a Frankenstein monster that is haunting all of them Baba Shege inclusive. So it is just a case of
power play gone awry amongst this cabal of oppressors. I have no pity for him and do not buy this his ethnic pandering and superstitious old
wife's tale story.
Whatever Yaradua do or does not do ,El-Rufai should share responsibility for it. To expect less is to allow us Nigerians to be
taken for a ride again. El Rufai and his group had a golden opportunity to effect genuine changes in the country but they fritter that
opportunity away. It is very sad ,
His write up only raises more questions and I believe Nigerians would be waiting to hear the answers to these questions
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2009
Teams were set up by Obasanjo to select his successor

but none of the teams chose for Obasanjo nor even nominated OBJ's successor

Yar'adua was chosen directly by OBJ.

I think the good thing about El-Rufai's reveletions is that, if their is anyone still living under the illusion that Yar'adua is an honest man
These reveletions put a serious dent on it.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by solosimple(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
I shake my head! sad
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by otukpo(f): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
omoabike:

El-Rufai spent so much time giving the story of Umar Yaradua's life and at least claimed to have known him since 1972.
However he did not accept responsibility for heading the committee that chose Yaradua. He blamed everybody including Yaradua except himself.
What he should be doing now is asking for forgiveness from Nigerians rather than blaming "Baba Go slow". We Nigerians have accepted him as
our cross that we shall carry till 2011 and not longer by God's grace. El-Rufai and his clique are very cerebral but the way and manner they
ran government during Obasanjo era was anti democratic and that is what led them to that situation where they had no plan B and ended up
choosing Yaradua. It was obvious for any discerning reader of his write up that their plan was to perpetuate Baba Shege and they never expected
opposition to that from the populace.
You can not only be a democrat in words you should be a democrat both in deeds and actions. They all behave like the military that we Nigerians
were tired of. Another pertinent question to raise on his write up is, why now? From what he himself implied what they wanted was to have a president that
they would control going by his own account of flying someone in from South Africa to write Yaradua acceptance speech. What a waste that was.
Why did they not allow Nigerians to choose who they wanted as president in 2007. What gave them the effrontery to think that the few of them
know better than millions of Nigerians voters.They made sure our votes did not count. His write up did not explain where the huge sum of money
to hire the American, South African and British "spin doctors" came from. By and large it is a good write up because it has given me a view
into the mind of one of the principal actors during the Obasanjo government.
I am not disappointed though as it has only proven what I had suspected for so long about what is driving these individuals. He talked about
Hakeem Bello Osagie being part of the unholy alliance to perpetuate the suffering of Nigerians. So what do I think, I think he is only bitter
now because the gentle dove has now become a Frankenstein monster that is haunting all of them Baba Shege inclusive. So it is just a case of
power play gone awry amongst this cabal of oppressors. I have no pity for him and do not buy this his ethnic pandering and superstitious old
wife's tale story.
Whatever Yaradua do or does not do ,El-Rufai should share responsibility for it. To expect less is to allow us Nigerians to be
taken for a ride again. El Rufai and his group had a golden opportunity to effect genuine changes in the country but they fritter that
opportunity away. It is very sad ,
His write up only raises more questions and I believe Nigerians would be waiting to hear the answers to these questions

u hav spoken well!
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by kshow1(m): 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
HYPOCRACY AT WORK , WHY NOW ?
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Nezan(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
El-Rufai again? Haven't we had enough of the old propaganda days of OBJ?
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by init4dmoni(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
typical nigerian bullshit angry
why r y'all collin him a hypocrite, u don't know weda his life was threatened grin
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by babaogun(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
rasputinn:

Facebook of all places,how so reduced

Facebook has more than 200 million people registered.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by MaiSuya(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
Abeg make El rufai go siddon jare. After the revelations of all the shady allocation he undertook while in office, on what moral authority does he now use to make these allegations? does really expect people to take him serious? yeye
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by incisor: 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2009
chukxy44:

No matter what anyone might think we are in this for four years, if we can survive 2 years don't be supprised that we might remain on Auto-pliot for under 6 years.

Mo gbadun e jare, omo dada. You must have have done excellently well in the summary section of WAEC English. Nigeria is going to be on auto-pilot for the next 6 years. Please fasten your seat belt everybody.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by chidichris(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
Teams were set up by Obasanjo to select his successor

but none of the teams chose for Obasanjo nor even nominated OBJ's successor

Yar'adua was chosen directly by OBJ.

I think the good thing about El-Rufai's reveletions is that, if their is anyone still living under the illusion that Yar'adua is an honest man
These reveletions put a serious dent on it.

mikeansy,
the point i noted here is ribadu's compromising stance against his claims.
i will be happy is somebody will accept here that the point about his selective justice and his being used as a tool under and by obj.
as long as we live, the truths will continue to spring up by day.
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by Oxone(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2009
medicine after death.
would he have squealed if he was favored by this administration? t think not undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by TCUBE(m): 3:00am On Jun 03, 2009
It is good that he finally came out with the truth but he came out rather too late,
Re: How Yar'adua Was Removed From Efcc List by chidichris(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2009
does el rufai know that when obj was advised not to come back to nigeria from a foreign trip cus abacha was out to get him,obj insisted he will rather come home and face the music.history has vindicated obj decision to face the music.
if he has a clean conscience and if he truly loves nigeria as much as obj who vows to die for nigeria,why doesnt he come home and answer to all the charges in an open court.GANI has said and done more of government confrontation and is presently living in his mansion.

@rockhaven,
if this is what u were able to make out of this topic, i have my doubt on which part of ur body u use in reasoning.

in a situation like this, u are making obj a saint even with the report suggesting that obj pressurized ribadu to remove yar adua's name from corruption list just to use him for his personal interests and purposes.

why and how is obj ur hero and a role model in this matter? is it now a legally acceptable way of electing ppl into power i mean the way obj brought in yar adua? did this situation go down well with the long lasting accusation that ribadu was used as a tool by obj just to bring down oponents and have his ways on sensitive matters? what is normal about obj's role in line with what el rufai just mentioned in his confession? when are we going to start leaning how and when to call a spade a spade?

at least those of us that have been against ribadu and obj combination in the last regime will be happy to hear and read what el rufai have to say while ribadu attend different international conferences in his claims as the only nigerian standing. it is in the interest of nigeria and nigerians that ribadu and el rufai come back to nigeria and make the long expected confession.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How True Was The Christianah Oluwatoyin Oluwasesin Story?(christian Prosecution) / Senate Begins The Probe Of Nitel & Nipost / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.