Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset (29915 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / Full Meaning Of Husband And Wife..check It Out. / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
Stillfire:

Who is Baroness Deech? I like her way of thinking.
The human tendency to bastardize institutions that are made to protect us is our bane. And it's this same excessive attitude (i.e. the inability to curb its excesses) that is killing patriarchy and caused a revolt from the women folk. tongue tongue tongue
We should endeavor not to go down that same debilitating route patriarchy went.
Tales like these are not a win for women but an embarrassment as well as an excess that certainly needs to be curbed. We should always always aim to be fair.

Hypocritical thief!

Is it not 90% you would take? tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by baby124: 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

See the nonsense argument you gave to his valid question?

So it is cheating to give someone what they deserve and contributed?

Fck me!

So I go into business with someone and I put more money down and the courts should say "the less fortunate partner at an economic disadvantage", the profits must be shared 50/50?

WTF kind of arguments are you giving?
Look I have a life to attend to. Not prolonging childish rants and insults. This shows you have no point to make. I think I am done giving you an ounce of my time here. I think I have done enough enlightening you. Since you are hell bent on ignorance. Wallow in it. As you can't do anything to change the law except cry on NL.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by bukatyne(f): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

Let me warn you in advance:

If you tell her a woman should leave a marriage after divorce with what she brought in and what she made in it, she would say you are saying "women should leave with nothing".

Those mean the same thing to her.

Thanks for the warning although absolutely unnecessary wink.

I want a discuss free from assumptions. We learn everyday.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
baby124:

Look I have a life to attend to. Not prolonging childish rants and insults. This shows you have no point to make. I think I am done giving you an ounce of my time here. I think I have done enough enlightening you. Since you are hell bent on ignorance. Wallow in it. As you can't do anything to change the law except cry on NL.

I am the one wallowing in ignorance?

You are enlightened? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

Yes, but the argument put into law and normally quoted for awarding a spouse (usually a woman) ridiculous amount of money is that she is used to a certain level of lifestyle that the divorce should not reduce.

Then she goes and calculate, how much holidays, nannies, pedicure etc she needs and how much they cost before the courts orders the man to pay for these.

The bolded is now the ridiculous assumption by most women and they can't even understand why it should not be the case.

They are like that is the way it is and it should be because that is how it is now. grin grin grin grin grin grin

They can understand it but they don't want to understand it. They have been trained that one day a man will come and save them and so they have learned that financial and emotional dependency is natural. They think men were born to save them.

3 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by baby124: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
bukatyne:

Why do you think a woman is entitled to a settlement from her ex-divorce if they do not have a joint investment or if she was not an housewife?
Abeg go back up and read. Not in the habit of repeating myself.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Stillfire: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

Hypocritical thief!

Is it not 90% you would take? tongue grin grin grin grin

You know for other men I'll be fair or not even take anything, but for you Sagamite I will take 100% of your earnings- fixed assets, direct or indirect costs. Try me! grin grin cool
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
Stillfire:

You know for other men I'll be fair or not even take anything, but for you Sagamite I will take 100% of your earnings- fixed assets, direct or indirect costs. Try me! grin grin cool

When I stand up in that court and come and shake your hand with my charmed hand to congratulate you on your win, you will not be able to leave that court with your 2 legs or ever communicate with you senses anymore. They will carry you out as a vegetable (specifically, Okazi version).

I will use jazz to finish you right there, you will never enjoy that money. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

Yep.

That psychotic, petty and vengeful God that was created my medieval illiterates. grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]YOU DIDN'T WORSHIP ME? angry angry angry angry angry angry

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL FIIIIIIIRE!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
[/size]

The one that killed his own son to cancel sins he could just had merely mentally cancelled. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The kind of crap fantasy stories medieval illiterates conjure up. grin

And the best line for today is where you said that Jesus is throwing tantrums in heaven. grin grin grin
The image of it made me almost choke on my tea. The Holy Trinity is not able to control the mess we are creating here. grin

Most of these stories were made up to control people. Pure politics. Fear is a very efficient way to keep people in check.
Teefy's favorite method. It may work in the romance section, who knows?

I don't care. I was born alone and I will die alone and in between I will socialize with people who are nice company. I will, just like you, rather be ten times happily married than one time trying to. grin My God loves to see me happy. cool smiley
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Stillfire: 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

When I stand up in that court and come and shake your hand with my charmed hand to congratulate you on your win, you will not be able to leave that court with your 2 legs or ever communicated with you senses anymore. They will carry you out as s vegetable (specifically, Okazi version).

I will use jazz to finish you right there, you will never enjoy that money. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin You win. grin grin grin
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by bukatyne(f): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
baby124:

Abeg go back up and read. Not in the habit of repeating myself.

No problem

Will do

Thanks
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Stillfire: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mindfulness:

And the best line for today is where you said that Jesus is throwing tantrums in heaven. grin grin grin
The image of it made me almost choke on my tea. The Holy Trinity is not able to control the mess we are creating here. grin

Most of these stories were made up to control people. Pure politics. Fear is a very efficient way to keep people in check.

I don't care. I was born alone and I will die alone and in between I will socialize with people who are nice company. I will, just like you, rather be ten times happily married than one time trying to. grin My God loves to see me happy. cool smiley

You people should leave my Jesus alone o. I love him. grin
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Kimoni: 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

What is not logical about marriage?

Are you saying people like Dangote should only fall in love with other billionaires? That is your justification for moronic laws? The state should put up laws that force people to marry certain types of people, not who they are attracted to?

Is it China or even North Korea?

Do you know what a "legal partnership" is? How is marriage a "legal partnership"?

Pls how is marriage by Dangote to a high school drop-out a logical decision from Dangote's POV? knowing fully well the potential liability he could incurr from signing the darn paper? And with full knowledge of the other options available to him with which he could derive the same benefits that marriage offers without the attached risks? I honestly don't see this logic.

Fall in love? Where did I say that Saga? Is falling in love and marriage synonymous? Did you marry every girl you fell in love with?

No, the state cannot force people to marry anyone but in an event where there is a dispute between couples and the state cannot readily establish the utility both partners derived from each other during the course of the union or the worth of the alternatives they both had to forgo, how best does the state share their combined assets other than a ratio that nearly equates to 50:50?

If marriage is not a legal partnership to you Saga, then define what marriage is exactly? This is actually where i would have loved to start this discussion.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
bukatyne:

This is the most ridiculous thing ever.

If you want to maintain your lifestyle, stay married by all means like my Nigerian sisters.

You CANNOT eat your cake and have it.

grin grin grin

Come on, they are smarter than this. They can maintain their lifestyle and use his money to maintain their delicious toy - boys too even after the divorce took place. This is true progress. Evolution and survival of the fittest at its best. grin

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by ronald4lif(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Women sha. I'm flummoxed as to what gives them or anyone else for that matter a sense of entitlement to another's acquisition. So because we got married automatically qualifies and grants you the leverage to have a share in a man's self-acquired assets.

The reaction from them lots here further buttresses that they're either not ready for egalitarianism or their campaign is to secure certain privileges at the detriment of the male folk. Else, I see no reason why anyone would subscribe to this selfish legislation that would see a man forfeit his wealth to a leech. When women are ready for equality, we'd talk. For now, it's all a ruse.

4 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Stillfire:

I swear I love Jesus too. kiss I think he was a very cool dude and way ahead of his time. kiss He was possibly enjoying himself too much. Why do you think he never married? grin grin

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually throwing tantrums in heaven now on seeing that people never really understood him. undecided smiley grin
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mindfulness:

The stories are the reflection of the time of the illiterate authors.

Where the king/ruler expects to be worshipped otherwise could do any wicked to the person that refuses.

They cascaded that upwards to how a "God" should be.

Absolute nonsense tales!
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=Mindfulness post=40885106]

grin grin grin

Come on, they are smarter than this. They can maintain their lifestyle and use his money to maintain their delicious toy - boys too even after the divorce took place. This is true progress. Evolution and survival of the fittest at its best. grin[/quote

Lols
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kimoni:

Pls how is marriage by Dangote to a high school drop-out a logical decision from Dangote's POV? knowing fully well the potential liability he could incurr from signing the darn paper? And with full knowledge of the other options available to him with which he could derive the same benefits that marriage offers without the attached risks? I honestly don't see this logic.

Fall in love? Where did I say that Saga? Is falling in love and marriage synonymous? Did you marry every girl you fell in love with?

No, the state cannot force people to marry anyone but in an event where there is a dispute between couples and the state cannot readily establish the utility both partners derived from each other during the course of the union or the worth of the alternatives they both had to forgo, how best does the state share their combined assets other than a ratio that nearly equates to 50:50?

If marriage is not a legal partnership to you Saga, then define what marriage is exactly? This is actually where i would have loved to start this discussion.

The question is why should he face that potential liability or risk?

4 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Stillfire:

Jesus is cool, had good intentions and has been a benefit to the world, but he was a fraud and not the son of God.

If he is, then Guru Marahji is his brother.

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Kimoni: 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

Why do Nigerian women sign the piece of paper when they know they can be thrown out with just the clothes on their back and a few peanuts?

There is some utility they are benefiting from marriage, so if that happens to them it is okay.

If they sign it, then if that happens, then that is their fault and we should accept it that way.

Why do they even sign the paper with a Nigerian man knowing the risk of them being beaten up and he having multiple concubines?

Why do they now open their stuuuupid mouth to complain when those happen to them?

I am just appplying your logic here.

The emboldened is definitely not true. The main problem with Nigerians is their refusal to use the law to settle disputes especially marital ones. Rather than approach the courts to seek redress, the average Nigerian, especially women, will rather leave it to karma or just put it behind them somehow. I have nothing against these options, just saying that the Nigerian woman knows the risk, calculates it but hesitates at the legal way of getting succor.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
ronald4lif:
Women sha. I'm flummoxed as to what gives them or anyone else for that matter a sense of entitlement to another's acquisition. So because we got married automatically qualifies and grants you the leverage to have a share in a man's self-acquired assets.

The reaction from them lots here further buttresses that they're either not ready for egalitarianism or their campaign is to secure certain privileges at the detriment of the male folk. Else, I see no reason why anyone would subscribe to this selfish legislation that would see a man forfeit his wealth to a leech. When women are ready for equality, we'd talk. For now, it's all a ruse.

You need to separate women like baby124 from women like bukatyne and Mindfulness.

Even Stillfire has had a epiphany.

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Kimoni: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

The question is why should he face that potential liability or risk?

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by baby124: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kimoni:

Please stop trying to discuss sense to someone who is hell bent on not seeing it. Find something else to do with your time abeg. He does not have anything to say, he doesn't even know what marriage means. He needs to calm down and understand carefully what it means to be married and its attendant responsibilities. Ladies reading, thread carefully and enter with your eyes wide open abeg. There are human beings and men like TV alive. That's all from me on this matter. If you vex untop wetin I write.
I no kuku call anybody name or their Sagamu village in this write up. So if pepper body de hotting you. Continuooo.
As for me, 50:50 of what I can see all the way. We all know everyone hides what they can and only discloses what they can afford to lose. So who is fooling who. Hehe. But the law is clear that the property must be shared. smiley. Anybody that does not like it can bury themselves in a swamp with a ton of weights holding them down.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
ronald4lif:

The social conditioning that a man will save them one day.

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by baby124: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
ronald4lif:

This one you are shouting up and down. Open your wallet or bank account let us see what is there. Can you buy me as a random friend on NL a Birkin bag without feeling it? Otherwise what are you shouting about? 100,000 thasand a month salary wey no reach but apo garri. My brother please. Stop being self centered. If you marry without prenup and are richer than your wife, know that it is the fair thing to do to give her something to resettle in her new life. Shikena. Even a baby mama is entitled to something to take care of your child. So be careful where you spray your sperm. It's better in a marriage as it's an investment and safer for kids. Even if you end up in a divorce. Cheers.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Kimoni: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
baby124:

Please stop trying to discuss sense to someone who is hell bent on not seeing it. Find something else to do with your time abeg. He does not have anything to say, he doesn't even know what marriage means. He needs to calm down and understand carefully what it means to be married and its attendant responsibilities. Ladies reading, thread carefully and enter with your eyes wide open abeg. There are human beings and men like TV alive. That's all from me on this matter. If you vex untop wetin I write.
I no kuku call anybody name or their Sagamu village in this write up. So if pepper body de hotting you. Continuooo.
As for me, 50:50 of what I can see all the way. We all know everyone hides what they can and only discloses what they can afford to lose. So who is fooling who. Hehe. But the law is clear that the property must be shared. smiley. Anybody that does not like it can bury themselves in a swamp with a ton of weights holding them down.

Lol...pls don't mind Sagamite. He is actually the next Akarigbo of Sagamu o but the gods won't stamp their confirmation if he refuses to get married. Why do you think TV01 has been on his case for years?

We are watching him...
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kimoni:

Why can't the state establish the utility both partners "bring" (not derived) to the union?

What is so hard about that?

You used "derived". You are mistaken. The courts are not there to compensate on they utility derived from the union. They are there to separate the financial utility contributed to the union.

And why do the states have to share such 50:50 when they can establish each's contribution?
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by baby124: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kimoni:

Lol...pls don't mind Sagamite. He is actually the next Akarigbo of Sagamu o but the gods won't stamp their confirmation if he refuses to get married. Why do you think TV01 has been on his case for years?

We are watching him...
Ehen, I talk am. He's sounding more and more desperate these days. Always in a panic and frenzy. Trying to change what people that have conquered nations have been unable to change. Sagamu local champion.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
baby124:

You are talking crap.

And anytime you are asked to explain your crap, you are ranting disconnected crap.

So, please don't talk about discussing sense.

You should go into relationships expecting to leave with what you put in, not other people's money.

4 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kimoni:

We are watching him...

The Gods will stamp it when I carry 16 wives to go and marry in the Shrine. grin
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by baby124: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:

You are talking crap.

And anytime you are asked to explain your crap, you are ranting disconnected crap.

So, please don't talk about discussing sense.

You should go into relationships expecting to leave with what you put in, not other people's money.
Please go and find someone else to play with. Not me again today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Wanna Leave Me / Woman Shows Off Her 16 Grandsons On Her 70th Birthday (Photos) / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.