Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:50 AM

UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset (29772 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / Full Meaning Of Husband And Wife..check It Out. / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by TV01(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
A40:
Aside my weakness for big boobies
...that ain't no weakness bro'...not unless you act recklessly as a result grin grin grin grin

TV
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by A40(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
TV01:

...that ain't no weakness bro'...not unless you act recklessly as a result grin grin grin grin

TV
I don monkey well well because of brezz. Even girls I ordinarily would not want to be seen with during the day but thank God man don dey outgrow am small small
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Kimoni: 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
TV01:

Why not? That is the nature of a comprehensive union - such as the one of Will and Kate, whose vows I noted in my initial post on this thread.

My only beef is with the concept of no-fault divorce. If the woman wants to stay, but the man insists on leaving her, where she has done no wrong, certainly. If however, she just wants to leave, and he has done nothing wrong, certainly not, and vice-versa (depending on who is the main source of the wealth, which by marriage becomes communal).

Agree

She should get 50%, then a further percentage as punishment, then a lien placed on any future earnings and further garnishing of his pension angry.

Hahaha yes oooo No end to the punishment at ol at ol

Next time, he will think twice before breaking his marital vows
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Kimoni: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
TV01:

TV

shocked shocked Pastor TV!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

A40 and TV - this is not the men's thread ooooo
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by A40(m): 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kimoni:

What did I do this time Aunty Kimoni? Lol
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is just another case of courtroom chivalry.

Oh, and btw, chivalry is not dead. It's still very much alive.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by TV01(m): 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
Kimoni:

Pastor t'on discern grin! Every thread na mans thread cool!

TV
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by SisterCaro(m): 4:26am On Jan 29, 2016
Sagamite:

You continue with your utter nonsense crap chat.

What is "civilised" about taking someone's money and giving it to another person?

Or you think I amd the type you would use terms like "civilised" because it is done by "whites" and then I would assume it must make sense?

Where is the sense in the nonsense you followed it up with?

Why should the crap you put up there be the choices?
my apologies i had forgotten that you can take a person out of the village but you cannot take the village mentality out of them.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by SisterCaro(m): 4:29am On Jan 29, 2016
Sagamite:

What joint estate?

Do you mean HIS estate?

Or what did she contribute to the estate?

So because women in Nigeria know before marriage what will happen in case they ever have to divorce makes it okay to just accept it?

Typical selfish woman.
i will not argue with you over a matter you have little or no knowledge of anymore.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
SisterCaro:
my apologies i had forgotten that you can take a person out of the village but you cannot take the village mentality out of them.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Don't develop yourself and go and make your own money, be looking for a man to leech on and get his money.

Useless woman.

3 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by akike: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
craziebone:
I have always said one thing: the very day women will be made to part with their money in an event of divorce, is the day i will take court marriage seriously.

If Linda Ikeji will have to be the one who would lose out financially in an event of a divorce (if she doesn't have a problem with divorce and sees it as an option), then i would take court wedding seriously.

If the woman earns more in the marriage, she will part with itundecided

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by haul: 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
akike:

If the woman earns more in the marriage, she will part with itundecided

www.kabalarians.com/Female/akike.htm
There is a place there which suggest your health weakness,you will see I'm right all long.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by SisterCaro(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2016
Sagamite:

Don't develop yourself and go and make your own money, be looking for a man to leech on and get his money.

Useless woman.
thank you very much sir I have a job. I do not live off other people's credit cards like you smiley
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
SisterCaro:
thank you very much sir I have a job. I do not live off other people's credit cards like you smiley

So your job cannot sustain you and provide you with the life you want?

Then live according to your means. Don't start asking to be given money others made.

You sound like another Lisa Bonder Kerkorian.

A woman who married a billionaire and wants to increase the monthly child support from $100K a month to $500K a month.

For a child she conceived from another man she cheated with.

Shameless women that can't make their own money but think they are entitled to others' money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by kalakuta11: 8:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Later you see them with their short short skirts shouting gender equality

By the way, homosexuals will soon start divorce settlement after marriage. We are getting there.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by SisterCaro(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
Sagamite:

So your job cannot sustain you and provide you with the life you want?

Then live according to your means. Don't start asking to be given money others made.

You sound like another Lisa Bonder Kerkorian.

A woman who married a billionaire and wants to increase the monthly child support from $100K a month to $500K a month.

For a child she conceived from another man she cheated with.

Shameless women that can't make their own money but think they are entitled to others' money.
well you are the one living off other people's credit cards, you should be the one who is ashamed
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Elxandre(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2018
Sagamite:

Come on, mate.

A footballer that is one of the most talented in history, stupidly rich, seen as good looking and only one girlfriend in his history?

That was arranged as a smokescreen to cover up his homosexuality.

Have you ever heard of any other girl with him?

He is that rich, famous and attractive and he is not pullling hot chics?

He had a mysterious child most likely through surrogacy when he was in his mid-20s. Who the fck does that?

Let me tell you who the fck does that: "A man who is 100% sure he would never marry but who wants kids. That is normally a homosexual man."

Or you think there are many women who would give up their child to a man just because it was a one-night stand?

He knows he would never marry and have the traditional family. So he was like "fck it, I would just have my kids now, thank you".

Mate, he used a surrogate.

He couldn't even have it with his so-called girlfriend then. She must have been handsomely paid and been a good friend to keep her mouth shut so far.

Let me tell you the other signs that tells you straight away that he is gay.

- He overgrooms himself (waxes his leg, shapes/plucked eyebrows, perma-tanned)
- Wears the tightest of trunks at every opportunity
- Is fond of wearing pink clothing
- Is pictured picked up by a man
- He does not talk about his sexuality
- He is hardly ever seen with with girls
- Goes on holidays on boats where all you see is strictly guys
- Actively speaks out in support of homosexuality in Portugal
- Some of his adverts he does are homoerotic
- Give ambiguous answers about his sexuality when directly asked
- Has that ‘funny’ homosexual look

Let me tell you more from the celebrity world.

1) He went to a Rihanna concert, as he was a big fan, and then took pictures with her back stage after the concert.

When she was asked about him and if they were dating, she said "I have a lot of gay friends and support sexual diversity".

She let it slip.

2) An Italian man, Alessandro Proto, was sponsoring a film and they were to rent Ronaldo's flat in NY for shooting. Because they were renting his falt, someone decided to offer Ronaldo a part in the film.

When Alessandro heard, he kicked against this. But as the contract was already signed, if breached, they would have to pay him 20m Euros.

Alessandro said "fck it, no, I will pay him 20m euros not to be in my movie".

The rumour is that Alessandro did not want him in the movie because he was a homosexual.

3) On French TV, a journalist, Daniel Riolo, says:

"Take the example of Cristiano Ronaldo - I'm sure flying off to Morocco three to four times a week to see a friend and cuddle with him might have an impact on his performances eventually."

This is someone who is giving us a full hint as he is in the circle of those that know.

4) Ronaldo recent did an interview with Jonathan Ross in the UK. During the interview, Jonathan asked him if "there is someone special in his life" and Ronaldo laughed and said "A few. I need to figure out who is better.".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-lifts-lid-love-6818404

Now that might mean nothing to you. But for someone with a keen eye/ear and a good understanding of Western media people, the person would notice Jonathan Ross never asked him about a "Special woman", he asked about a "Special person", and Ronaldo replied with the same ambiguity.

I can guarantee you people in the press know and they will not want to out him. That was why Jonathan choose his words carefully.

Ronaldo on the other hand answered ambigiously because when he finally comes out, he wants to have a plausible deniability to claim he never lied he was not a homosexual when asked.

If you note in the link, even the Mirror newspaper put a quotation mark on that shyt "someone special".

Nigga, they all know. People in the celebrity circles and journalists know. They are just nice enough and pro-homosexuals not to out him.

Come on, nigga! Open ya eyes. grin

You are telling me this man is not a homosexual? grin

[img]http://elitosphere.files./2014/05/cristiano-ronaldo-vogue-31.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-wuZBlZBUDt8/U3srrpKrlLI/AAAAAAAAFlg/S4F4NgdyDtw/s1600/ronaldo.jpg[/img]

[img]http://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbN0Da5tRQOHbix8vLn5IieFgO8c8TuzIC9vNP2ACko-bsRAaT[/img]

[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkDttY.img?h=768&w=1366&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f[/img]

[img]http://tecnogaceta.files./2014/03/wpid-cristiano-ronaldo-gay.jpg[/img]

[img]http://th.queerblog.it/Rw4Wda1yWnrqjLDXCDZNLASmZIA=/fit-in/655xorig/http://media.queerblog.it/2/25a/Foto-Cristiano-Ronaldo-gay-620x339.jpg[/img]
Lol bro.

I'm reading this thread in 2018, and I'm curious if you still think Ronaldo is gay.

grin

Didn't know you were still on nairaland, till i saw you yesterday.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Mercycity: 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
babygirlfl:
I think 65/35% was very unfair to the man. I believe the couples assets while married (not before or after) should be shared 50/50 irrespective of gender.

It would have been a bit 'fairer', but the reality is that the woman contributed nothing to the home income during the period to justify her even getting half of everything. She probably sat down at home drinking tea, gossiping with neighbours, and watching telemundo while her husband would have been at work. Alimony is a huge sexist scam. The only payout I would consider to be fair is child support, but she is even childless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Elxandre:

Lol bro.

I'm reading this thread in 2018, and I'm curious if you still think Ronaldo is gay.

grin

Didn't know you were still on nairaland, till i saw you yesterday.

Baba nla homosexual.

Or at best bisexual.

Homie is not straight jor.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by SueZuckerberg: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sagamite:

Sweetheart, there is nothing more to marriage than those.

What marriage has been throughout history, in every part of the world, is a mere announcement. Of recent, we have added certification and registration for a structured government taxation and governance reasons.

I am breaking it down as it is logically.

It is actually quite simple.

When a spouse sacrifices, they should be compensated based on the VALUE OF THE SACRIFICE, not on the value of the spouse.

Does that not make more sense?

In the example I gave above, if the air hostess stops working after marrying Dangote, which makes more sense from these 2 options:

a) Compensate her after divorce based on the value of her lost earnings?

b) Compensate her after divorce with 50% of what Dangote made during that period?

When answering, ignore the fact that during the period of her so-called "loss", she most likely would have got financially from Dangote more than she would have got if she had continued working as a air hostess.

I asked a similar question on Reddit and some of those Yankees made me look like a fool. It's not fair period.

I have not read something from a Nigerian on this topic that makes more sense than what you said.

I'll quote you again.

When a spouse sacrifices, they should be compensated based on the VALUE OF THE SACRIFICE, not on the value of the spouse.

In the example I gave above, if the air hostess stops working after marrying Dangote, which makes more sense from these 2 options:

b) Compensate her after divorce with 50% of what Dangote made during that period?

Whether male or female, it makes no sense at all to lose your earnings because you got divorced
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 7:56am On Sep 12, 2018
SueZuckerberg:

I asked a similar question on Reddit and some of those Yankees made me look like a fool. It's not fair period.

I have not read something from a Nigerian on this topic that makes more sense than what you said.

Yeah, girl.

And such is really effortless for me.

My logical compass is unmatched in this world and makes me a pure genius.

And this is me making an understatement and putting it in the most humble way I can.

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by SueZuckerberg: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2018
Sagamite:

Yeah, girl.

And this is me making an understatement and putting it in the most humble way I can.

You made sense!
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by 2buffagain(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mercycity:
This should be adopted to protect Nigeria women

Thunder fire your fingers there! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by 2buffagain(m): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sagamite:

Yeah, girl.

Saga Bro!
Seee self-congrats. You're full of it grin

You and Trump are distant cousins
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2018
SueZuckerberg:

You made sense!

2buffagain:

Saga Bro!
Seee self-congrats. You're full of it grin

You and Trump are distant cousins

Of course I am full of it, I deserve it.

I am offering my talent to humanity for free. cool

Trump is a hyperbole man. He would have said:

"Yeah, girl.

And it is the most brilliant effort ever put in in the last 1000 years.

I am the greatest ever."

grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 17, 2018
cococandy:
I've a problem with the term 'husband's money'
If they were married it belonged to both of them.

But as is pointed out in the story. The judge was obviously biased towards the woman and against the man.

65-35 ke?

What happened to 50-50?

Is it because he allegedly wasted 2million of the family money before it could be shared?

Family money indeed. You guys always make statements like "our home" "our this and that" yet you guys don't make an tangible contribution toward the acquisition of those things.

The laws in the west are just ridiculous -from my research I found out these laws were made to favour women because back then women were just housewives, they didn't work but now women do everything men do therefore these ridiculous laws aren't necessary.

1 Like

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2018
Mercycity:
This should be adopted to protect Nigeria women

You don't have sense at all.
Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2018
Sagamite:

Sweetheart, there is nothing more to marriage than those

What marriage has been throughout history, in every part of the world, is a mere announcement. Of recent, we have added certification and registration for a structured government taxation and governance reasons.

I am breaking it down as it is logically.

It is actually quite simple.

When answering, ignore the fact that during the period of her so-called "loss", she most likely would have got financially from Dangote more than she would have got if she had continued working as a air hostess.

Do you know why most men in the west don't usually apply for divorce?

If a man files for divorce -he'll always be at the loosing side. If the woman doesn't have kids for him, he'll be ordered to pay money (it is known as divorce settlement)
Ask yourself, how many women who filed for divorce have paid money to their husbands?
I can remember, a lawyer told me that- men lose more because they wasted women lives (how exactly did I waste your life because I filed for a divorce after 10years of marriage ?)

I've come to realize that Gender equality is a scam.

Cc mindfulness

3 Likes

Re: UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset by Sagamite(m): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2018

Do you know why most men in the west don't usually apply for divorce?

If a man files for divorce -he'll always be at the loosing side. If the woman doesn't have kids for him, he'll be ordered to pay money (it is known as divorce settlement)
Ask yourself, how many women who filed for divorce have paid money to their husbands?
I can remember, a lawyer told me that- men lose more because they wasted women lives (how exactly did I waste your life because I filed for a divorce after 10years of marriage ?)

I've come to realize that Gender equality is a scam.

Cc mindfulness

Mostly in Anglophone West (UK, US and Australia).

In Sweden, it is far more reasonable.

The whole nonsense about "wasting women's life" is aligned to the moronic philosophy being promoted that "women should only have rights, but no responsibilities".

The so-called Gender Equality is indeed a scam! Most women want equal rights but not equal responsibilities. If they make choices that is detrimental to them or they eventually don't like, then they advocate it should be the fault of a man because they are just poor "victims". They should have the benefit of choice, but a man should not have same choice. They believe laws should be made in such a way, things more likely to favour them are fine, but those more likely to favour a man is "sexism".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 25 Years Of Waiting / Is Not A Sin If Your Wife Cheats On You, You Should Be Happy & Learn - Rev. Lutt / Few Ways To Show Love To Your Husband....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.