Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why APC Should Respect Democracy In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Should Respect Democracy In Bayelsa (520 Views)

Why APC Should Win Edo Governorship Election – Buhari / APC Should Take Over INEC And Other Institutions - Oyegun / Why Apc’s Alhassan Was Declared Taraba Governor — Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why APC Should Respect Democracy In Bayelsa by HoodedCLAWs(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
By Abiodun.I.Usman

Like every discerning observer of the last Saturday’s governorship election in Bayelsa State, one is bound to conclude that the conduct of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) and the agencies of government such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the police and the military is such that poses a great danger to our democratic development and must be condemned by all well-meaning Nigerians. The APC should also be humble enough to access the direction in which the people of Bayelsa had resolved to go during the election and accept that the people of Bayelsa have rejected them.

It should be clear to the APC and its candidate in the election that the people of Bayelsa rejected them on account of its tribal stance and hatred for the state, as demonstrated in its invasion of the state with commando like military operation, all in a bid to hijack power from the incumbent governor, Henry Seriake Dickson.

Bayelsan are aware that the APC as a party is majorly constituted by propagandists, who are deceitful and wonders why they on are desperate to hijack power at all cost, no minding the implications on our democracy as a Nation.

Contrary to claims by the APC and its candidate, Chief Timipre Sylva that the PDP was responsible for the violence that greeted the election and the eventual cancellation of votes from the Southern Ijaw Local government area of the state. Bayelsans and Governor Dickson, from my knowledge, are resolute in their commitment to free and fair elections as reflected in their mantra of one-man, one-vote as demonstrated throughout the period of campaigns for the election.

It is surprising that the APC is now finding it difficult to imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship when it is defeated as demonstrated by the PDP when President Goodluck Jonathan was defeated at the presidential poll. It is, therefore, hoped that the APC will wake up to the reality of its rejection by the people of Bayelsa State and look elsewhere to cast its lame vituperations.

It is my hope that Nigerians will rise to further condemn this continued militarisation of the electoral process, not only in the interest of the likely winner of the Bayelsa election, but as our contribution towards the promotion of good governance and democracy in our Country.

Abiodun.I.Usman
General Egalitarian

Convener,
Movement for the Actualisation of Egalitarian Society (MAES)

Source:
http://leadership.ng/opinions/481796/apc-respect-democracy-bayelsa
Re: Why APC Should Respect Democracy In Bayelsa by HoodedCLAWs(m): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
I am new here. Can't somebody show me around or better still take me to Front Pew?

Lalasticlala do your job wink cool
Re: Why APC Should Respect Democracy In Bayelsa by fistonati(m): 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nigerians have seen d best of bmp's administration by d way he handle kogi and bayelsa elections. A militia always a dictator, whether in khaki is bump-short. Only an impunity mind will not agree dt jega is different from present inec chairman

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon Troops Kill Villagers Not Bokoharam And Target Oil Rich Border-naij.com / FG Investigating Dokpesi Over Fresh Allegation / Urgent !!!.. OPPRESSION Of Lives And Properties At Oke Afa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.