Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

I Witnessed This Live And Direct - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Witnessed This Live And Direct (1191 Views)

Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? / I Saw This Live Baby Snake Inside My House. Pictures / Oh God! I Just Witnessed A 4 Year Old Girl Explicitly Describe P.orn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Witnessed This Live And Direct by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
This happened at exactly 8:02pm this night. I witnessed it live and direct. No be say somebori tell somebori wey tell person wey tell me. I was lying down jejely on my bed pissed that I got home from work an hour later than I should. Then I started hearing mumbled voices as if two people were in a yelling match. Out of curiosity, I looked outside my window to ascertain what neighbor was disturbing my peace. Well this is Nigeria, so it was easy to tell where the noise was coming from as I could see light coming from only one window. At first I thought it was a quarrel between a father and a son. My amebo mode was activated. I was ready for any little amusement to lighten my mood. I strained my ear over the sound of our generator and that of a neighbor. That was when I realized it was a quarrel between a man and a woman. As a woman’s voice is higher pitched than that of a man, I could make out a “ma ma so fun me pe okay mo” from the woman. (trans: “don’t be telling me okay again”). Well this is normal, I said to myself. Married couples quarrel every time or so I thought. At this point, I could hear another subtle sound besides theirs. It was that of a crying baby. Hmm……a young couple most likely. At this point, I was already like “which kain fight una dey fight sotey una baby they tear for eye?. After about a minute, my leg started complaining so I wanted to get back to my bed to patiently wait till the couple borrowed themselves brain. I had not finished turning, next thing gbo! gba! gboosh! gbim! I sharply returned to my window and this time I could make out the shadows. The man had had enough and had resorted to hitting his wife to make a point. It was time to shut her up and prove to her and onlookers like me that he was the man in the house, the head of the home. What nerve! What audacity! You just hit another person’s baby girl like that all for what? Imagine the beating and the woman’s screams of yeh! yeh! drowining the sound of two generators. More ridiculous was the fact that the baby’s cries intensified. For what exactly?! How do you sleep at night knowing that you just hit the mother of your child, the woman you vowed to love and protect, like that? Shame on you! All you wife beaters, shame on you all! I see no justification in this! Two adults are quarrelling and you decided to use your fists just because you think you can! She is obviously more vulnerable than you are and you are just a bully. If I ask you to face Mayweather now, I won’t even see your back side. Shame on you! I’m so pissed right now. I was tempted to yell “stop beating your wife or I will call the police on you” through my window. But I remembered that this is Nigeria. I also felt that will only get him angrier and the wife who is the victim would be the one to suffer for it. I feel like I need to do something. If he could easily hit his wife after a 2min fighting match, it means this might not be the first time he is doing this and/or he will more than likely hit her again. I feel burdened to help her and I don’t even know what she looks like. I feel so powerless and heartbroken. Please if you know any women rights organization in Ibadan, let me know asap so that I can contact them. For anyone thinking that I’m trying to ruin someone’s marriage, is this your definition of marriage? Is it really the end goal? I don’t think a woman should stay in an abusive marriage so that she can uphold the society’s ideal image of a perfect marriage even though she is dying inside? Or because that is the christiany thing to do? Remember there is no marriage in heaven. Or for the sake of her child? That is doing more harm than good. Like I said, the baby was crying, definitely hurting. Or because she did not send me message? Err……most abuse victims don’t speak up for themselves. So please if you are not going to help me help her, keep your opinion to yourself. #Notodomesticviolence #stopviolenceagainstwomen #Dontdestroywhoyoucannotcreate

3 Likes

Re: I Witnessed This Live And Direct by Cutehector(m): 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
Eya
Re: I Witnessed This Live And Direct by jemype(m): 11:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
be nice and continue ur sleep jejely because u dont even know half of the story.

2 Likes

Re: I Witnessed This Live And Direct by eyinjuege: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2015
It's unfortunate we have a lot of animals in human form.
Re: I Witnessed This Live And Direct by afrobaby(f): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Personally, I don't care what the story is, I don't want to know the genesis of the quarrel, no matter what, no matter what she said or where she said it, she isn't your property, no man, I repeat no man should beat his wife or girlfriend, really, why should you beat her in the first place, do you own her, because you are married to her doesn't mean you can treat her like trash.

Worst case scenario, walk out of the marriage, walk out of her life, tell her you are no longer interested in the marriage but do not ever beat a woman.

Any day I see any man beating a woman, I don't know what will happen sha o

2 Likes

Re: I Witnessed This Live And Direct by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
They both messed up, the man more so.

However, one effective way of curbing domestic violence is men not marrying women with sharp tongues, and women not marrying men with a temper if they know they can't help but speak their minds insult their partners when angry. There's also the divorce option if your spouse is unbearable, better to leave a partner than end up dead or in jail ontop TV remote. This would go a long way in eliminating domestic violence.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help / What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. / Student Releases Nude Photos Of UNILAG Lecturer, Laments Repeated Molestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.