Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy (21556 Views)

How Nigeria Can Deal With The New Biafra Agitation - Prof Ango Abdullahi / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by chesterlee(m): 12:20am On Dec 09, 2015
Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has emphasized the need for the country’s leadership to approach the agitations for Biafra in a more diplomatic way.

In an exclusive interview on our programme, Channels Book Club, the Nobel laureate said that every ethnic group should be made to feel like a part of the country and good old dialogue is the way to go.

“I wrote an article during the war that Biafra cannot be defeated. People misunderstood what I was saying.

“Once an idea has taken hold, you cannot destroy that idea. You may destroy the people, the carriers of that idea on the battle field but ultimately it’s not the end of the story.

“Let’s not take this position of ‘don’t even talk about it’, ‘under my watch this will never happen’, don’t say things like that. Go into that environment and ask ‘what is it that we can do to make you happy and feel part of this entity?’

“Listen to some other Biafrans and ask them why they want to stay (and say) ‘this is what we are ready to push as the overall authority in this area’.

“Don’t go around saying ‘the sovereignty of the country is indivisible, it’s non-negotiable’ all that kind of language will only make matters worse,” he said.

Source:
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/12/08/biafra-agitation-prof-wole-soyinka-calls-for-more-diplomacy/

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by chesterlee(m): 12:23am On Dec 09, 2015
Wise words from Soyinka

cc Lalasticlala

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Monalisa185(f): 12:47am On Dec 09, 2015
my Igbo brethren, y'all should just chill small abeg...

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by coolzeal(m): 12:48am On Dec 09, 2015
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. I'm a big advocate of freedom.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by jbbaba(m): 12:49am On Dec 09, 2015
ALL WILL BE WELL N I PRAY GOD OPEN OUR EYE TO SEE BETA.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by mazzi: 12:57am On Dec 09, 2015
You can't kill an ideology!

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Vikkie14: 1:50am On Dec 09, 2015
mazzi:
You can't kill an ideology!
But the Medium/Carrier/Bearer of the Ideology Can be Destroyed.

The only way to destroy a Message is to kill the Messenger.

That's why the Ideology of BH and IS(Daesh) proved fatal but can be REDUCED or Destroyed by Annihilating the Carrier of the Ideology.

My people up SE are clamouring for their freedom, which in a saner clime must be diplomatically resolved. Our marriage ends in 2014, we should come together now to decide if we are going to Stay together or file a letter of Divorce.

The non-implementation of the objectives of the Conference we had in Abuja under the last administration is one major blockade to peace.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by lexzycc: 5:42am On Dec 09, 2015
CBT
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 09, 2015
I saw the interview on channels tv...very nice.

Everyone wants biafra not to leave nigeria..no one is asking why they want to leave in the first place.

Those touts that said they voted in buhari so he'll deal with igbos and constantly asking what the igbos contribute to Nigeria...I hope you're happy when the igbos eventually leave. Pls, endeavour to vote yes when the referendum comes

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 7:02am On Dec 09, 2015
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by patrick89(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2015
He has said it all, I have always known that the idea is very deep, the emotions that is rooted in the idea is very deep!
The arrogance of the FG is making it worse, that is nonsense!
I hope the people with conquered spirit are listening!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by patrick89(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

no single igbo man is against the idea! except the conquered minds!!

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by sandraokosun1: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2015
When we tell dem they are dreamers, they come here to masturbate and console themselves that they are strategizing.
Ojukwu a military man that had the opportunity in the brink of a crux ascounded only to resurface and beg for nigeria no1 post 2 times.
You cant fight the fg, u only pick war u can win.
Ths is the last we would hear of ipod after their gra gra just like massob, it would integrate itself into finding brown envelope,
its aim was to drag the enough gullible into a group big enough to start enjoying lobying priviledges

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

no single igbo man is against the idea! except the conquered minds!!
Kindly provide evidence to assert your claim. Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by PedroJP(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2015
Let Biafrans be armed already.

As a Biafran, u are called to fight and f ight for your fatherland. Fight to defend your parents, fight to defend ur siblings, fight to defend ur land, fight to defend Biafra, fight to defend freedom, fight to have a better future for ur generation, fight to separate from Islamic yoruba and hausa.

Remember, being a coward will make the enemy kill not just u, but ur mother, ur siblings, ur aged and destruction of ur places.

Bring out urself, ur determination, the spirit,resolve and the doggedness in u to defend ur freedom. No retreat.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by orunto27: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2015
Diplomacy and Dialogue yes. But the agitators must first drop Biafra and substitute Igbos(Ibos) or The Countries of se of Nigeria. By this we know who is talking to who. Biafra no longer exists in the Nigerian systems.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by looseweight: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Prof, y are you just coming out when IPOD decided to withdraw?
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by veekid(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Kk
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Berrylite: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2015
Okk
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Dottore: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2015
That's a good idea
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Demmocrats(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2015
Wise words from a wise man.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Sijo01(f): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2015
Diplomacy is the only key.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by englishmart(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2015
when professors speak, the difference is always clear

19 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by BlackSeedNG: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2015
interesting
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by walentino3: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2015
Haaaaa
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by miqos02(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2015
ok
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Diesel1(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2015
orunto27:
Diplomacy and Dialogue yes. But the agitators must first drop Biafra and substitute Igbos(Ibos) or The Countries of se of Nigeria. By this we know who is talking to who. Biafra no longer exists in the Nigerian systems.
Orunto

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Geraldine Obinali: Imo Revokes 49 Plots Of Land Belonging To Okorocha’s Sister / PDP: Wike-Led G-5 Governors Met In Makurdi / Fayose: EFCC Disowns ‘magu Threat’ Tape In Circulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.