Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. (14426 Views)

JAMB 2017 UTME 15th May - Live Update - / JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2015
The 41st convocation ceremonies of the Obafemi Awolowo University is scheduled to hold between 9th and 12th, December 2015.
The programme of events is as follows:
Wednesday, 9th December 2015 – Award of Diploma Certificates at the Department of Local Government Studies by 9:00am.
Thursday, 10th December 2015 -Conferment of First Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters’ Degrees Faculties of Administration, Arts, Education, Law and Social Sciences at the Oduduwa Hall Amphitheatre by 10:00am.
Convocation Play at Oduduwa Hall at 8:00pm
Play Title: Our Husband has Gone Mad Again by Ola Rotimi
Friday, 11th December 2015 - Conferment of First Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters’ Degrees in the Faculties of Agriculture, College of Health Sciences, Environmental Design and Management, Pharmacy, Science and Technology at the Oduduwa Hall Amphitheatre by 10:00am.
Convocation Lecture at Oduduwa Hall at 4:00pm.
Topic: The Pursuit of Happiness: Some Thoughts on Human Rights, Freedom and Justice in Nigeria.
Guest Speaker: The Most Reverend Mathhew Hassan Kukah. The Bishop of Sokoto Diocese
Saturday, 12th December 2015 – Inauguration of Chancellor, Conferment of Honorary Degrees and Award of Doctorate Degrees at the Oduduwa Hall by 10:00am.
Honorary Degree Recipients:
Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye (To be Conferred Later)
Professor Jacob Kehinde Olupona
Dr. Akinwumi Adesina
Chief Oyekunle Alex Duduyemi

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
Parent are already trooping in....
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by temitope23(m): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2015
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Aminat508(f): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2015
Make I sit down.... cheesy
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Omotayor123(f): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Noted!
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2015
Aminat508:
Make I sit down.... cheesy
move for me, if space no dhe, make you stand up make i lap you.

1 Like

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:39am On Dec 09, 2015
Omotayor123:
Noted!
baby....
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by christejames(m): 10:39am On Dec 09, 2015
why are u afraid of uploading pictures? or has OAU's milieu degenerated to that poor level? undecided

1 Like

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 10:40am On Dec 09, 2015
christejames:
why are u afraid of uploading pictures? or has OAU's milieu degenerated to that poor level? undecided

Lol relax na...
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Omotayor123(f): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
baby....
bobo....
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2015
45 students bag's First Class, 1,241 Second Class Upper Division, 2,717 Second Class Lower, 818 Third Class and 64 Pass.
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2015
The Vice Chancellor, Obafemi Awowolo University, Ile Ife, Prof. Bamitale Omole, yesterday said the university would no longer offer automatic employment to graduates who make First Class degree.

Omole was addressing journalists in Ile Ife at a news conference to mark the 41st convocation ceremony of the institution.

He said graduates who make First Class should forget about automatic employment as there is no more vacancy as a result of the current economic situation in the country.

He noted that the idea of giving automatic employment to First Class graduates by the university was designed in the 1980s to retain them because they were not always willing to remain in the academics.

"The truth is that our First Class graduates should forget about automatic employment considering the dwindling resources and given the large number of students who obtain first class grade now. It is no longer possible for us to offer them automatic employment," he said
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 09, 2015
His hard earned repureputation is abt to be dragged in the mood by some student Sahara reporters who have digged out his scandals from the depth of the gloomy pit he buried it.

He is only trying to take a bit of revenge on his students/products but it shouldn't be on first class graduates who have worked earnestly and also motivated by that offer to attain such height.

I even doubt if OAU will employ her products under the administration of this VC.

Fynestboi:
The Vice Chancellor, Obafemi Awowolo University, Ile Ife, Prof. Bamitale Omole, yesterday said the university would no longer offer automatic employment to graduates who make First Class degree.
Omole was addressing journalists in Ile Ife at a news conference to mark the 41st convocation ceremony of the institution.
He said graduates who make First Class should forget about automatic employment as there is no more vacancy as a result of the current economic situation in the country.
He noted that the idea of giving automatic employment to First Class graduates by the university was designed in the 1980s to retain them because they were not always willing to remain in the academics.
"The truth is that our First Class graduates should forget about automatic employment considering the dwindling resources and given the large number of students who obtain first class grade now. It is no longer possible for us to offer them automatic employment," he said

1 Like

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Treasureoluwaseun(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2015
LARRYDKING:
His hard earned repureputation is abt to be dragged in the mood by some student Sahara reporters who have digged out his scandals from the depth of the gloomy pit he buried it.

He is only trying to take a bit of revenge on his students/products but it shouldn't be on first class graduates who have worked earnestly and also motivated by that offer to attain such height.

I even doubt if OAU will employ her products under the administration of this VC.

He is definitely going this session

1 Like

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Medunah: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
Congratulations to those graduating
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Hmmmmmmm
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by youngguru23(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
Make i book space
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Chimaritoponcho: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
people are happy when you follow them on instagram but become scared wen u folo dem in real life,why?

1 Like

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by dicksononline(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
End time decision from the school Management
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by pcicero(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
Great Ife!
I wish the graduands all the best.

The school management should as a matter of urgency address the bad state of facilities in the Students Hostel.
The last major attempt at renovation was during the PTF years and it was resolved that rather than building new hostels (as was done in U. I), it was better to renovate the existing infrastructure.

That was the only reason I could stay in Awo Hall between 99-2002.

Wale Omole in spite of his many gaffes did a lot in terms of adding to the structures on campus.
He built Computer, Yellow House, ODLT 1 $2 amongst others.

1 Like

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by younghartz(m): 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Umudike own is on saturday grin
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Ariyke: 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wish I was in sch to celebrate with my senior colleagues and chop too but omole did his worst undecided lipsrsealed
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ariyke:
Wish I was in sch to celebrate with my senior colleagues and chop too but omole did his worst undecided lipsrsealed

Lol ehya sorry ma...
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
The local government people wey convoke today no sure at all.. However parent are already pitching tent around the campus for tommoorw convocation....

Pictures coming in shortly.
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by ponpin234(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
Fynestboi:
Parent are already trooping in....
pls just want to ask you a question. Is Admission list for 2nd list pasted in oau Pls I need your ans...thank u very much
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
ponpin234:
pls just want to ask you a question. Is Admission list for 2nd list pasted in oau Pls I need your ans...thank u very much

Ntn yet...
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by ponpin234(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
Fynestboi:

Ntn yet...
thank you very much sir
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Kossy23: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
ponpin234:
thank you very much sir

Uwlcn...
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Fynestboi: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
Kossy23:
When a person is drunk, 75% of what they say is true

Meaning?
Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hello nairalanders, i would be among those convoking tomorrow. Do felicitate with me by liking my post.

10 Likes

Re: OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
Fynestboi:

Meaning?
Prof. Bamitale Omole is drunk and the reasons he gave for not giving first class graduates automatic employment is apt & spot on. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Resolutions Not Binding On JAMB – Sagay / Please I Need Mafia Manager PDF / National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Scholarship 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.