Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 (22613 Views)

Robbers Kill 4 Police Officers In Edo, Burn Them To Ashes (Graphic Photos) / Dismissed Soldier Terrorizing Ebute Meta, Nabbed. / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ali Daudu In Benue, Kill 4, Injure Others (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Atom57(m): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
LAGOS—Suspected cultists on Monday invaded the Ebute-Meta area of Lagos State, killing four persons and injuring twenty others.

Residents said the gunmen who wore masks and operated for about one hour without any resistance from security agencies, drove into the community at about 9.30pm in two cars and shot sporadically at residents of Odofin, Kano, Jebba, Osolake and Bello Streets.

When Vanguard visited the community on Tuesday, a team of policemen from the Denton Police station and the Rapid Response Squad were seen patrolling the community.

According to a police source, the team of policemen stormed the Ebute Onipomo area, a slum community, close to where the shooting took place and arrested four persons in connection with the shooting.

The police source also stated that three corpses were recovered from the scene of the shooting at Ebute-Onipomo in the wee hours of Tuesday.

When contacted over the incident, the Chief (Baale,) of the Okobaba community, Alhaji Musbau Junadu said his son is among the residents shot by the gun men.

He said: “I left Odofin Street for my house but as I was parking my car, I got a phone call that gun men were shooting. I hurried back and saw that my son, Muheed, was shot on his two legs. He is a footballer but they want to render him useless. I am at the Igbobi hospital to ensure that he survives.

“My son and other residents shot by the robbers have been taken to the hospital for treatment. I cannot tell you who these people (gun men) are or where they came from. One Kazeem died from the gun shot he sustained”

It was further gathered that the gunmen were repelled from attacking residents at Apapa Road by a combined team of policemen and the vigilante group. Musbau Agbodimu, secretary of the Vigilante Goup of Nigeria in Lagos said: “We learned that the gunmen stormed the area and started shooting sporadically.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/gunmen-invade-ebute-meta-in-lagos-kill-4-injure-20/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by HungerBAD: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
This is bad.

I hear lagos is getting bad.

As congested as this area is? They could come in and shoot for almost an hour? And still get away? Interesting.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by midehi2(f): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by HungerBAD: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
Noted.

Mod delete this space, as i accidentally posted twice.

Thanks.
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by osesology(m): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
This is really serious. A group of gun men will just storm an area, shooting and killing at their own pleasure, without any swift reaction from nearby security forces. It is indeed sad. Nigeria, where are we headed?

*mycandidopinion*

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
The new helicopters, boats and cars which were launched for the NPF to Combate crime are parked somewhere, awaiting the usage of a politician to grace the attendance of a social event. undecided

Hope, the social media bill hasn't been passed yet? embarassed

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Holluwatarhyor(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
We seriously need that guy called sanity here in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ebute meta, mushin, Fadeyi,... Hotspots in Lagos mainland.

There can't be smke without fire tho... They must have had a deal with the people involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Aremu01(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
Oga ooooooo
Somebody should pls wake Ambode up now before lagos will 'baje' oooooo

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by naijainfogalery: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
Is there any site in Nigeria that someone that doesnt wanna read bad news can go to? Cos the kind of bad news that comes out from Nigeria these days ehn

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
midehi2:
shocked

cheesy why u dey do like person wey see monster co.ck?

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by walentino3: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wow see dis

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Nicepoker(m): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
End of the year killings.
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Chimaritoponcho: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
i still insist buhari is to be blamed for all dis happenings
have anybody noticed dat 90% of crime reports on nl is being dominated by lagosians.. yo ro bars sha

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Doublyu(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
And the police and other uniform personnels are helping drive timaya or holding a 1st ladies bag.... okkk kontinu

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by warrior01: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
Reserved. Please check the next available space. Thanks
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Milikiman: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
Police can not deny they did not know da chief of da hoodlum.cultism don dey our streets now.mushin bariga fadeyi shomolu

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Matttthew(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Is that true?

Imagine.... That exactly what happened when we can't even boast of 1 million police.

In a particular country I heard of.... A police for 10houses.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Epiphanus20(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by miqos02(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
haaa
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Matttthew(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
irunooboo:

Hahaha..... God forgives.... shocked
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by kurupt007(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Atom57:

Residents said the gunmen who wore masks and operated for about one hour without any resistance from security agencies, drove into the community at about 9.30pm in two cars and shot sporadically at residents of Odofin, Kano, Jebba, Osolake and Bello Streets.

When Vanguard visited the community on Tuesday, a team of policemen from the Denton Police station and the Rapid Response Squad were seen patrolling the community.

According to a police source, the team of policemen stormed the Ebute Onipomo area, a slum community, close to where the shooting took place and arrested four persons in connection with the shooting.

Our security agents will always be no where to be found when the action is going down, but after all is said and done, you see them coming out to flex their muscles on innocent citizens. I feel sorry for the innocent ones arrested. RIP to the departed.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Doublyu(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Is there any site in Nigeria that someone that doesnt wanna read bad news can go to? Cos the kind of bad news that comes out from Nigeria these days ehn
tongue
naijainfogalery:
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
Bad Gist
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by iceberryose(m): 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
The police shouldn't be blamed for this cos at least they showed up and this happens in other countries. The people leaving theses should have informed the police quickly or their vigilante group. But what's it with cultism in this country self!
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by looseweight: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
Lagos is becoming really unsafe
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
www.starttells.com
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by Doublyu(m): 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by king985: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by midehi2(f): 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
irunooboo:

yea....i just saw your monster co.ck tongue
Re: Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 by missangela: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
And Tinubu is flying about with security helicopters purchased for Lagosians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Drowns At A Beach In Cyprus (Photos) / I Only Put My Hand, I Didn’t Rape Her - Driver Tells Court / Commercial Motorcyclists Stabbed In The Head By Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.