Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level (49108 Views)

Buhari Awards Cash, PHD Level Scholarships To 3 Students / Scholarship For Faizah Abubakar Who Had 9 As In WAEC To Phd Level / China Increase Nigerian Scholarship Award From 100 To 700 Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by ebosie11(f): 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
Last Sunday, Paul Chidozie, 26, an undergraduate of Geology, University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, bagged a PhD scholarship following a text message he sent to the Leader, Enugu State House of
Assembly, Ikechukwu Ezugwu.

For the past 3 years, Ezugwu has been marking his birthday with the award of scholarships to undergraduates from each of the 10 wards in Udenu LGA. It was like the Biblical lesson where Jesus Christ treated 10 lepers but only one person went back to thank him.

Tears of joy rolled down on Ezugwu’s chicks with nostalgia, that out of 20 persons who benefitted from the yearly scholarship scheme, only Chiedozie deemed it fit to come back to show appreciation and wish him many happy returns on his birthday.

Ezugwu said: “Out of the undergraduates that have been receiving this, Chiedozie was the only one who remembered to wish me well on my birthday. I was so touched emotionally and that singular gesture has earned him a full scholarship to PhD level.

Even if am not alive (God forbid) the machinery to ensure that he studied to PhD level has been put in place.”

This year, the 20 benefiting students received N50,000 each, bringing the total amount to N2 million.The remaining former recipients however claimed that they also wanted to send text messages but there was no light to charge their phones

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/this-is-how-simple-text-message-earned.html?m=1

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
the faces and the environment dou

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by agog: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
thIs is emotional

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by redcliff: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
ebosie11:
Last Sunday, Paul Chidozie, 26, an undergraduate of Geology, University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, bagged a PhD scholarship following a text message he sent to the Leader, Enugu State House of

For the past 3 years, Ezugwu has been marking his birthday with the award of scholarships to undergraduates from each of the 10 wards in Udenu LGA. It was like the Biblical lesson where Jesus Christ treated 10 lepers but only one person went back to thank him.

Tears of joy rolled down on Ezugwu’s chicks with nostalgia, that out of 20 persons who benefitted from the yearly scholarship scheme, only Chiedozie deemed it fit to come back to show appreciation and wish him many happy returns on his birthday.

Ezugwu said: “Out of the undergraduates that have been receiving this, Chiedozie was the only one who remembered to wish me well on my birthday. I was so touched emotionally and that singular gesture has earned him a full scholarship to PhD level.

Even if am not alive (God forbid) the machinery to ensure that he studied to PhD level has been put in place.”

This year, the 20 benefiting students received N50,000 each, bringing the total amount to N2 million.The remaining former recipients however claimed that they also wanted to send text messages but there was no light to charge their phones

what kind f appendage is this? what kind of journalism is this?!!!

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Ama80(f): 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
God bless u man n reward in ur lifetime.wish many more Nigerians can do likewise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by ebosie11(f): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
redcliff:

what kind f appendage is this? what kind of journalism is this?!!!
Watz wrong with that?You have nt met poor pple b4 right?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by redcliff: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
ebosie11:
Watz wrong with that?You have nt met poor pple b4 right?

its just too unprofessional and should not be there.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Eleniyan15: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
redcliff on point though
but nah naija we dey

cool!!!
Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by OCTAVO: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wow.
Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by eleojo23: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2015

This year, the 20 benefiting students received N50,000 each, bringing the total amount to N2 million. The remaining former recipients however claimed that they also wanted to send text messages but there was no light to charge their phones

No light to charge their phones! grin
See what Buhari has caused! grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Sweetyie(f): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ppl need to learn how to show appreciation even for a drop of water because u never know what next

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Intendy: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Eni dupé ore anó ,ari emi gba.

5 Likes

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by ril19(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Givers Never Lack. Try And See.

1 Like

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by tolexy007(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
angry cheesy grin
Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by warrior01: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
Sir, Abeg no vex. I promise to sent 100 text messages before, during and after your next birthday and I hope you reward the gesture too

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by GelTleStar(f): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
Is the lady Paul?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
am seeing a lady reciving smtn nd am seein the name PAUL any ways Gud for him or her #novalyn/BIG.cola.frm.AJE-group...... mAad TripzZz

1 Like

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by ChappyChase: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
deshysmalls:
I dont believe that last bit... Which kind mumu excuse be that
Anyway congrats to the guy and Happy Birthday to the philanthropist.

In olamide's voice "they are a learner!!"

2 Likes

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by RockMaxi: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
osedvgirl:
the faces and the environment dou

Dey there dey look face.

2 Likes

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Your GRATITUDE determines your ALTITUDE!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by giztzone(m): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Seriously it looks like a burial ceremony but if its through thank God for the Beneficiary

Breaking News: NASU Wants FG To Allocate 26% Of Budget To Education
source: http://scholars.com.ng/2015/12/breaking-news-nasu-wants-fg-to-allocate-26-of-budget-to-education.html

ebosie11:

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/this-is-how-simple-text-message-earned.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by abbey621(m): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Lesson for all humans, be humble and show appreciation for not only big gestures but the little ones too!

1 Like

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by oluamid(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wow! I like this. Wish more people can be like both of them.
Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by labakeJ(f): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
smiley
Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by stexsy(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
See wetin Buhari cause now, to say light dey n him no ban i beta pass my neigbour others wia no see light charge phone for follow get the scholarship to phd level now.

Blame Bubu

1 Like

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by SirLegal(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
The OP's last sentence just cracked me up. grin

So you did some research on other beneficiaries to know that there phone was off.
Quite funny though.

1 Like

Re: Text Message Earned A Nigerian Scholarship Up To PhD Level by MadCow1: 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNILAG Lecturer Lectures An Empty Class Diligently (Photos, Video) / See The Leaders Of Tomorrow In An Exam Hall(pics) / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.