Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Modified Gen 6 Celica - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Modified Gen 6 Celica (2116 Views)

Tokunbo Toyota Celica 2001 Model / A Super Clean Naija Used Toyota Celica For Sale Price 550k Asking / Toyota Celica For Sale Clean Naija Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modified Gen 6 Celica by Benasayer(m): 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2009
Hi guys,
moved over here from togo and bought my car with me. ive been around togo/nigeria for almost 18 years now.

anyway here it is.
its a 1995 pre facelift model with the 3gse engine - car was imported from germany.
engines got
- new 256 degree cams
- cone short ram air filter
- pipercross crankcase vent filter
- upgraded radiator
- upgraded waterpump
- yellow koni springs
- lambo stlye doors
- electronic dump valve
- electronic ignition control (which allows for flames from the exhaust)
- custom straight through exhaust from header, no cat and twin tipped remus back box
- alarm with emobiliser, remote engine start, auto door locking and unlocking
- 2 tone metalic respray
- sony head unit
- use to have 2 15" 1500watt subs with a total of 16 speakers. sadly theses were stolen. sad
- still have the 2 amplifiers they are both 4 channel and have clear cross over boxes. obviously the theif didnt realise the amps were probably 4 times the value of the speakers.
the upside to this is he didnt damage the car when removing these componants because he USE to work for me and had a key.
- has an undersized steering wheel
- exhaust manifold is fully wrapped now which keeps engine temps down and allows for the gases to espace faster - therefore making the engine more resposive. -good times

here are some photos, will put some more up wen i find them. im definately thinking of switching to a bike, so it will be on sale shortly,

Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by bigfather(m): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
Na for SALE ?! undecided
Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 03, 2009
big father:

Na for SALE ?! undecided

Probably for discussion.

For enthusiasts, it's great.
I don't dig the gullwing doors though - the extra reinforcing adds unwanted weight to the car, making it less agile in the twisties.

Good workmanship though.
Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by Benasayer(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2009
of course the hinges are heavier than the standard ones, but along with the gas struts ur probably adding no more than 10kgs, which honestly you wouldnt feel, as a full tank of petrol would add an extra 40kgs to the car compared to an almost empty one?,
Trust petrol sloshing around from side to side in the tank has a greater effect on handling than one might expect, smiley
Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 05, 2009
True Ben, but in the performance world, every kilo saved is a bonus.

I compete in drag events, as well as track days, and don't run with a full tank of gas - very few people do.

Also worth noting, factory doors, besides enclosing the passenger cell, also brace the body shell / frame.
The gullwing / Lambo-style conversion does compromise the integrity of the bracing, in handling terms, not good.

Ok for a show car though.
Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by Benasayer(m): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2009
Very good point actually.
Soo a large amount of lightening and then a rollcage would make up for the structual integrity lost from removing the oem hinges. But ive yet to notice any problems yet, but perhaps a side impact could prove me very wrong. undecided
Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by Middleman: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2009
how much will u sell when ur ready, cause a friend of mine is in search of a small car like this one
Re: Modified Gen 6 Celica by Benasayer(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2009
ill part excahnge it for a clean nissan s13 180sx/200sx/240sx (all the same) with the sr20det engine. so the car year would be between 1991 to 1993.
im using it alot at the moment, so not looking to sell for another 2 months at least.

(1) (Reply)

Www.directautoexport.com Review / Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. / A 9ja Used Clk Benz 500 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.