Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Lies About Oyo Empire - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lies About Oyo Empire (20248 Views)

The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire / Oyo Empire A Yoruba Folklore Another Myth Bursted / Is The Kingdom Of Nri Really Older Than Oyo Empire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Thats why your yoruba brothers in Kwara hate to be associated with you. thats why you were the easiest people to enslave, maybe its because you were weak, or just utter buffoonery. thats why until date, you just dont understand how these things are done. lok at you, proud that your people have been plummeted and sold all over the globe....smh.

btw, arabs never enslaved any hausas, hausas you find in saudi today migrated there, no records of any such events taking place.

Tell me a people in the history of humanity that were never in one stage of their history enslaved by another.

Im waiting for your response.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

There are many things you dont know about your culture. It proves my point that your enslavement was total! Nothing was left of your culture.

You need to go and ask your elders about their mythical Queen and the python and what it means in Daura antiquity. Instead of reading Arabic book that preaches jihad and 73 virgins everyday, start reading books written to teach you your historical past.

There are no virgins waiting for you in heaven. They arr all here on earth.

ahuuut up you blind foool! the python guarded a well in daura, until it was killed by the so called bayajidda, we never worshipped the python, nor held it in any high esteem, go back to school!

please, where did you get this story of 73 virgins from? Quran or hadith?

i have to say, all this is pretty rich coming from a sh.itstain.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Says someone who comes from the most enslaved race in the world. If a dna test shows that 80-85 % of slaves in the US are either Igbo or Yoruba, my guess is yoruba's outnumber Igbos, but where are the Hausas you claimed to sell? Looool! You are a clown! Songhais never took hausa slaves btw, but the hausas states were one of the major exporters of slaves back then, so you and your inferior minions must have suffered, it's nothing to be proud of, but that's just the truth. We chained your people, and sold them like we'd sell cows or horses, cause back then to us, there's no difference.
Lol. But when we start listing African Americans with yoruba ancestry. .people on this forum would attack saying yorubas were of little numbers. .

While the truth is, Yoruba were unfortunately taken as slaves by Dahomeans and sold to Europeans to be taken to the Americas

You still can't match the horrors the Alaafin's Eso snd Ibadan gave you northerners. .
Hausa and fulani still make up a large number of slaves that arrived in the US and other countries
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Tell me a people in the history of humanity that were never in one stage of their history enslaved by another.

Im waiting for your response.

Tell me an instance or a time, when the hausa race was enslaved by another. trust me, even if by a long shot there was, then it sure as hell wasnt by a tribe of numskulls like you!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:
Lol. But when we start listing African Americans with yoruba ancestry. .people on this forum would attack saying yorubas were of little numbers. .

While the truth is, Yoruba were unfortunately taken as slaves by Dahomeans and sold to Europeans to be taken to the Americas

You still can't match the horrors the Alaafin's Eso snd Ibadan gave you northerners. .
Hausa and fulani still make up a large number of slaves that arrived in the US and other countries

I have never denied that, you guys are truly professional slaves. one would argue that slavery is all youre good for.

And where is the evidence to support this socalled large number of hausa or fulani slaves? hausa states even though never united never sold each other, it was the sort of situation where i can punish my brother but if you touch him i will beat the living sh.it out of you, ask the Songhais what kebbi did to them, incase you didnt know, the songhais won kano and katsina in war and forced the king of kano to marry the daughter of their king, shortly after that, Kebbi, decimated them.

what made things worse for you is that you were dis organized ans so close to the sea, they just have to pack you up like sardines and off you went.

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

ahuuut up you blind foool! the python guarded a well in daura, until it was killed by the so called bayajidda, we never worshipped the python, nor held it in any high esteem, go back to school!

please, where did you get this story of 73 virgins from? Quran or hadith?

i have to say, all this is pretty rich coming from a sh.itstain.

Lesson on African Culture.
Pay atteention!
Animals, birds, reptiles and so on are central theme in African customs and anthropology. Anywhere they are mentioned, they serve as object of veneration. Particularly when mentioned in connection with a royalty. It serves to portray heroism that the Queen confronted a super power and slayed it. Its similar to the slaying of the dragon or the eagle or a fierce beast.

In all cases in Africa where this is true, the animal itself gains prominence and attains followership.

Hausa is African. So to tell us the custombof Africa was not practiced in Hausaland would expose your lack of historical and customary perspective; either that or again, your subjugation and rnslavement was total that nothing of your cjlture was preserved. In either case, both outcomes attrst to what i have told you in past six posts.

2 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Lesson on African Culture.
Pay atteention!
Animals, birds, reptiles and so on are central theme in African customs and anthropology. Anywhere they are mentioned, they serve as object of veneration. Particularly when mentioned in connection with a royalty. It serves to portray heroism that the Queen confronted a super power and slayed it. Its similar to the slaying of the dragon or the eagle or a fierce beast.

In all cases in Africa where this is true, the animal itself gains prominence and attains followership.

Hausa is African. So to tell us the custombof Africa was not practiced in Hausaland would expose your lack of historical and customary perspective; either that or again, your subjugation and rnslavement was total that nothing of your cjlture was preserved. In either case, both outcomes attrst to what i have told you in past six posts.

I'm well versed in ancient hausa religion. Worship of animals was never practiced in Hausaland. Again just because some Africans did it doesn't mean all Africans did. That's just stu.pid. The serpent was slayed to gain access to the well, that was it.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by absoluteSuccess: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

There are many things you dont know about your culture. It proves my point that your enslavement was total! Nothing was left of your culture.

You need to go and ask your elders about their mythical Queen and the python and what it means in Daura antiquity. Instead of reading Arabic book that preaches jihad and 73 virgins everyday, start reading books written to teach you your historical past.

There are no virgins waiting for you in heaven. They arr all here on earth.

don't dash his op of 70 Virgins nah...cheesy

my prayer is, may the virgins have character,

may they not be older than 70 years and may you have the slimmest idea of what to do with such harem of women

I love this temptous love-vendor Paradise. grin

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

I'm well versed in ancient hausa religion. Worship of animals was never practiced in Hausaland. Again just because some Africans did it doesn't mean all Africans did. That's just stu.pid. The serpent was slayed to gain access to the well, that was it.

Why was your Queen the one slaying python if the whole purpose was to access well, was she fetching water at the well, why is it a woman, Queen for that matter....slaying reptile, were there no men or was this act meant to portay greatness?

If i follow your argument so far, Hausa was the exception to everythinf else that other Africans experienced.....whether slavery or customsand culture....but look at how an ordinary muslem cleric called dan Fodio routed entire Hausaland and decapitated your kings and sold your people to the Arabs.

Dan Fodio attacked Kanuri and thr repelled him. He went to Nupe and wiped them out but today even the Nupe people have their own traditional customs and beliefs separate from Islam. He went to Borgu and wiped them out and even the Borgu culture exist till today and in parallel with Islam.

Where is Hausa culture and your seven states?

Yoruba still has its seven states till today, never uprooted by anybody and never changed dynastic chain.

How can you compare a society completely wiped out and.decapitated with an Empire that wipes others out?

You have no sense.

Now, since you have failed inspite of repeated invitation to bring your history and greatness into focus for review...i say whoever opened this thread was not a friend of the Hausa north. They meant to ridicule you on the internet.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by scholes0(m): 5:07am On Dec 14, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Now, since you have failed inspite of repeated invitation to bring your history and greatness into focus for review...i say whoever opened this thread was not a friend of the Hausa north. They meant to ridicule you on the internet.

loool.....
Ask them to show you any world renowned art works and Philosophy of Hausa origin.

2 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by NOBODYY: 6:26am On Dec 14, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Why was your Queen the one slaying python if the whole purpose was to access well, was she fetching water at the well, why is it a woman, Queen for that matter....slaying reptile, were there no men or was this act meant to portay greatness?

If i follow your argument so far, Hausa was the exception to everythinf else that other Africans experienced.....whether slavery or customsand culture....but look at how an ordinary muslem cleric called dan Fodio routed entire Hausaland and decapitated your kings and sold your people to the Arabs.

Dan Fodio attacked Kanuri and thr repelled him. He went to Nupe and wiped them out but today even the Nupe people have their own traditional customs and beliefs separate from Islam. He went to Borgu and wiped them out and even the Borgu culture exist till today and in parallel with Islam.

Yoruba still has its seven states till today, never uprooted by anybody and never changed dynastic chain.

How can you compare a society completely wiped out and.decapitated with an Empire that wipes others out?

You have no sense.

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 14, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

You have no sense.

Hahahaha! Charlatan! Bayajidda was a man dumbo! Not a woman! grin

Plus, all seven hausa states still exist, don't know what you're talking about.

And what do you mean hausa culture has been wiped out? Smh! The Hausa administrative system remains, Hausa culture is still 100 percent intact, don't know who told you it isn't! No one stays true to his culture like a hausa man! Heck! Even the traditional religion still remains intact to an extent. We try to stay true to our unique tubali architecture, we stay true to our marriage customs and rites, so what exactly do you mean when you say hausa culture has been wiped? As a matter of fact, go to all these places you mentioned, they're all slowly abandoning their culture for hausa culture! So exactly Which aspect of it is wiped out? You are an utter buffoon!

Go and read a book!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

loool.....
Ask them to show you any world renowned art works and Philosophy of Hausa origin.

Our unique tubali architecture speaks for itself, if sculpting is what you're talking about then it's against our religion. We had an organised writing script, we could read and write when your people didn't even know what a book was. There are a lot of Hausa works of literature if only you weren't too stu.pid comment without checking.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by scholes0(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Our unique tubali architecture speaks for itself, if sculpting is what you're talking about then it's against our religion. We had an organised writing script, we could read and write when your people didn't even know what a book was. There are a lot of Hausa works of literature if only you weren't too stu.pid comment without checking.

You didn't have any organized writing script, the Arabs introduced Arabic to you.
And what is Tubuli lol, every group in Africa have their way of building things, the question is.... is it awe inspiring enough to garner international reputation .....

So, if your religion is against sculpting, where are the ones you sculpted in your pre-Islamic lives

7 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

You didn't have any organized writing script, the Arabs introduced Arabic to you.
And what is Tubuli lol, every group in Africa have their way of building things, the question is.... is it awe inspiring enough to garner international reputation .....

So, if your religion is against sculpting, where are the ones you sculpted in your pre-Islamic lives

the nok art has been credited to hausas by most, though i dont want it. hausa accepted islam early in their civilization, the first recorded islamic jihad fought in subsaharan Africa was fought by the hausa king of kano Ali yaji dan tsamiya, the battle of santolo.

The hausa tubali architecture is unique, it is also worthy of note that the first multi story building in africa was built by hausas, the gobarau minaret, what about the gidan rumfa? if you want to see more about the beauty of tubali, google it. what was your architecture called? what did it look like? a rat hole? bad joke...

just accpt that you were primitive backwards people and if it wasnt for the brits youd still be the same , thank your british slave masters for having mercy on you,.

and the ajami script, thoughusing arabic alphabets was used to record hausa not arabic. and it had unique alphabets and vowels of its own.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by scholes0(m): 8:34am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:
the nok art has been credited to hausas by most, though i dont want it.

Lies...... As at the time of Nok art there was nothing like Hausa people, stop fooling yourself, not to mention that the archaeological sites of Nok are located in Central Nigeria. Or maybe you don't know the real boundaries of our territory.
Nok art is just plain crude art that gets its recognition not from the genius behind it, but for it's age.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/nok/hd_nok.htm

hausa accepted islam early in their civilization, the first recorded islamic jihad fought in subsaharan Africa was fought by the hausa king of kano Ali yaji dan tsamiya, the battle of santolo.

Another lie.
The earliest Jihads in West Africa are the Almoravid raids into Mali and Senegal conquering in the name of Islam, not some battle of santolo.
Infact, the Serer and Fulani established Takrur islamic in the Senegal river valley predates anything Islamic you have in Hausaland. Not to mention that as at the time of the earliest Hausa converts, only a tiny proportion of the ruling class were muslim, the majority of the population masses were still practicing their Hausa traditional religions. And they didn't build anything remarkable of their own doing. Even Usman dan Fodio noticed the crudeness of the average Hausa as at the 18th century when he was around.

The hausa tubali architecture is unique, it is also worthy of note that the first multi story building in africa was built by hausas, the gobarau minaret, what about the gidan rumfa? if you want to see more about the beauty of tubali, google it. what was your architecture called? what did it look like? a rat hole? bad joke...

Good Lord, why do you love Lying so Much.... It isn;t even the oldest in West Africa, talk less of Africa.
The timbuktu mosque predates it, and so do many other awesome taller structures in Africa such as Great Zimbabwe.
And there is nothing unique about Rubali....lol, it is a subset of the general type of building that is common in the Sudan savannah Zone, even Ivory Coast and Ghana have similar structures within their countries. such as the gur buildings of Larabanga and bolgatanga.
Like I said, every African group have their ways of building based on their lifestyles, you build urs based on your climate and I built mine based on mine.

just accept that you were primitive backwards people and if it wasnt for the brits youd still be the same , thank your british slave masters for having mercy on you,. and the ajami script, thoughusing arabic alphabets was used to record hausa not arabic. and it had unique alphabets and vowels of its own.

Just accept the fact that Hausa people were a backward millet growing people who worshipped ancestral spirits before Arab traders saw their pity and saved their sorry asses from shamanism. Ajami uses the ARABIC script not the Hausa script for a reason, Olodo.
Everything that would have made you unique have been more or less halfway destroyed by Arabs. Fulanis then came into the picture and completed the job..... Eeeehya...

7 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

I have never denied that, you guys are truly professional slaves. one would argue that slavery is all youre good for.

And where is the evidence to support this socalled large number of hausa or fulani slaves? hausa states even though never united never sold each other, it was the sort of situation where i can punish my brother but if you touch him i will beat the living sh.it out of you, ask the Songhais what kebbi did to them, incase you didnt know, the songhais won kano and katsina in war and forced the king of kano to marry the daughter of their king, shortly after that, Kebbi, decimated them.

what made things worse for you is that you were dis organized ans so close to the sea, they just have to pack you up like sardines and off you went.

grin grin says the northern mofo whose people were castrated by arabs on the long road through the Sahara.

Not to forget how Oyo and Songhai sold you off to Europeans on a regular basis
The senegambian chores were littering with swollen eyed fulani mofos ready to be taken as slaves
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

Lies...... As at the time of Nok art there was nothing like Hausa people, stop fooling yourself, not to mention that the archaeological sites of Nok are located in Central Nigeria. Or maybe you don't know the real boundaries of our territory.
Nok art is just plain crude art that gets its recognition not from the genius behind it, but for it's age.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/nok/hd_nok.htm

hey, dont blame me, blame the historians, i dont even want it.

Another lie.
The earliest Jihads in West Africa are the Almoravid raids into Mali and Senegal conquering in the name of Islam, not some battle of santolo.
Infact, the Fulani established Tarur islamic in the Senegal river valley predates anything Islamic you have in Hausaland. Not to mention that as at the time of the earliest Hausa converts, only a tiny proportion of the ruling class were muslim, the majority of the population masses were still practicing their Hausa traditional religions. And they didn't build anything remarkable of their own doing.
the almoravids werent a subsaharan civilization dumb a.ss!!!! also, what is the tarur islamic? it wasnt an islamic jihad dumbo! im not saying we adopted islam first, i can agree that the songhais and kanuris did, but the first jihad in subsahran africa was fought by hausas!!! stop exposing your stupidity!

Good Lord, why do you love Lying so Much.... It isn;t even the oldest in West Africa, talk less of Africa.
The timbuktu mosque predates it, and so do many other awesome taller structures in Africa such as Great Zimbabwe.
And there is nothing unique about Rubali....lol, it is a subset of the general type of building that is common in the Sudan savannah Zone, even Ivory Coast and Ghana have similar structures within their countries. such as the gur buildings of Larabanga and bolgatanga.
Like I said, every African group have their ways of building based on their lifestyles, you build urs based on your climate and I built mine based on mine.
the timbuktu mosque wasnt a multi story building dweeb! you need to stop drinking the haterade and bow down to your superiors! the gobarau minaret is accepted as the first multi story building in west africa by all! go lick your putrid wounds somewhere. one would wonder while all of this was going on where your worthless race was....

Just accept the fact that Hausa people were a backward millet growing people who worshipped ancestral spirits before Arab traders saw their pity and saved their sorry asses from shamanism.
millet was never our speciality, but exporting your worthless people as slaves, i agree.

Ajami uses the ARABIC script not the Hausa script for a reason, Olodo.
and what script were you using? looool!

Everything that would have made you unique have been more or less wiped out..
one question none of you dweebs can answer! give me a bloody example!!!! plonker!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

grin grin grin grin organised? Borrowed script from the arabs who picked you up from slave markets? All the way to sudan. .Hausa slaves everywhere

Damn! Ur kind are the most enslaved in all of africa
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

grin grin says the northern mofo whose people were castrated by arabs on the long road through the Sahara.

everything i say is backed up by facts, is there any record of such interaction between hausas and arabs anywhere? FOH!

Not to forget how Oyo and Songhai sold you off to Europeans on a regular basis
oyo doesnt have the cohones to touch a hausa man, not to talk of selling him, but damn.... going to illorin, chasing you out and installing and emir there damn you niggas must be hurt.

As for the songhais, refer to my earlier post, they also cant touch us. The one time they did, Kebbi taught them a lesson and they never came back!

The senegambian chores were littering with swollen eyed fulani mofos ready to be taken as slaves
More like the british ships and hausas caravans was filled with your race.

go and try again.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 8:54am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

the nok art has been credited to hausas by most, though i dont want it. hausa accepted islam early in their civilization, the first recorded islamic jihad fought in subsaharan Africa was fought by the hausa king of kano Ali yaji dan tsamiya, the battle of santolo.

just accpt that you were primitive backwards people and if it wasnt for the brits youd still be the same , thank your british slave masters for having mercy on you,.

and the ajami script, thoughusing arabic alphabets was used to record hausa not arabic. and it had unique alphabets and vowels of its own.

Dude, all ur so called achievements in the face of a potential wipe out of your culture is nothing.
It took a refugee fulani man to defeat all ur "great" hausa city states and wipe out ur dynasties

You accepted islam as you accepted the arabs as ur masters. Not to forget that your folks were also sold out to the Americas.
Ur history is packed with slavery. .both mentally and physically
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

grin grin grin grin organised? Borrowed script from the arabs who picked you up from slave markets? All the way to sudan. .Hausa slaves everywhere
and is there any record of hausa slaves....ever hausas are in different countries on the hajj route, thats just due to early hajj migrations! i repeat, we have never been enslaved by any race, not to talk of your worthless race!

Damn! Ur kind are the most enslaved in all of africa
is this sarcasm im starting to think youre an igbo man pretending to be yoruba so you can make fun of them! pitting them against us?? its cruelty! they stand no chance.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Dude, all ur so called achievements in the face of a potential wipe out of your culture is nothing. You accepted islam as you accepted the arabs as ur masters. Not to forget that your folks were also sold out to the Americas.
Ur history is packed with slavery. .both mentally and physically

and is there any record of this so called physical slavery?

again answer me! which aspect of hausa culture has been wiped out?
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by scholes0(m): 8:57am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

hey, dont blame me, blame the historians, i dont even want it.

the almoravids werent a subsaharan civilization dumb a.ss!!!! also, what is the tarur islamic? it wasnt an islamic jihad dumbo! im not saying we adopted islam first, i can agree that the songhais and kanuris did, but the first jihad in subsahran africa was fought by hausas!!! stop exposing your stupidity!

the timbuktu mosque wasnt a multi story building dweeb! you need to stop drinking the haterade and bow down to your superiors! the gobarau minaret is accepted as the first multi story building in west africa by all! go lick your putrid wounds somewhere. one would wonder while all of this was going on where your worthless race was....

millet was never our speciality, but exporting your worthless people as slaves, i agree.
and what script were you using? looool!
one question none of you dweebs can answer! give me a bloody example!!!! plonker!

Usman dan fodio described Hausa women as shameless women who bared their breasts out in the Open and wore little clothing....lol
Who told You Almoravids are a SS African civilization? They are berbers from North Africa, Ode. en..... lol

Either you want nok or not, it was NEVER yours to begin with....lol
So Gobarau is no more he first in Africa, it is now est Africa....
If this isn't multi storey , then I don't know what it is....

I think you are suffering from stupidity.... Go and read about Hausa slaves in the New world.... you lots suffered on two fronts, being sold as slaves into the Arab world, and beng sold as slaves into the new world (Americas).....chaaai ..... only Awusa.

Hahahaha, at first you talked about Hausas having an organized script, until I told you that you had NOTHING before Arab exposure....Lmao .....
Even today, you are still Nothing compared to Yorubas.... And that is In all spheres of life.

4 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

Usman dan fodio described Hausa women as shameless women who bared their breasts out in the Open and wore little clothing....lol
Who told You Almoravids are a SS African civilization? They are berbers from North Africa, Ode. en..... lol
now youre just being stuuupid and reckless! such an event never happened! even dan fodio wore hausa clothing and im sure his wife dressed like hausa women, thats why he was comfortable promoting eductaion of women!

Either you want nok or not, it was NEVER yours to begin with....lol
So Gobarau is no more he first in Africa, it is now est Africa....
If this isn't multi storey , then I don't know what it is....
tell that to the historians, i dont want it!
the mosque of timbuktu is in africa and was built in the same century as the minaret. but the minaret was a multi story building, and the mosque was not! but it was beautiful though!

I think you are suffering from stupidity.... Go and read about Hausa slaves in the New world.... you lots suffered on two fronts, being sold as slaves into the Arab world, and beng sold as slaves into the new world (Americas).....chaaai ..... only Awusa.
Really? again you cant provide any evidence, but theres countless evidence of yoruba slaves all over the world, the rate at which yorubas were enslaved is legendary!!!!

Hahahaha, at first you talked about Hausas having an organized script, until I told you that you had NOTHING before Arab exposure....Lmao
really? im still wondering where you guys were during all this grin, the ability to convert the arabic script and use it as ours for our language is an achievement itself. you sure as hell couldnt!

Even today, you are still Nothing compared to Yorubas.... And that is In all spheres of life.
loool! im sure were not! believe that at your own peril.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by scholes0(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

now youre just being stuuupid and reckless! such an event never happened! even dan fodio wore hausa clothing and im sure his wife dressed like hausa women, thats why he was comfortable promoting eductaion of women!

tell that to the historians, i dont want it!

Really? again you cant provide any evidence, but theres countless evidence of yoruba slaves all over the world, the rate at which yorubas were enslaved is legendary!!!!

really? im still wondering where you guys were during all this grin, the ability to convert the arabic script and use it as ours for our language is an achievement itself. you sure as hell couldnt!

loool! im sure were not! believe that at your own peril.

As at AD 700, shortly after the rise of Islam Itself, Yorubas were already making master pieces of Art, while your people were busy doing God knows what .... We entered the atlantic slave trade because of our coastal location near the Mid Atlantic, Nothing more.
Even the Fulanis in Guinea and Senegal were sold in the Atlantic slave trade in great numbers, which goes to show that it more of a function of location.
Even primitive Pygmies were never sold as slaves, because of their location in the congo forest.

[size=15pt]
Slaves to Whites, Slaves to Arabs and Finally, slaves to Fulanis..... describes the contemporary Hausa man perfectly well.[/size]
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

As at ad 700, shortly after the rise of Islam Itself,

Yorubas were already making master pieces of Art, while your people were busy doing God knows what .... We entered the atlantic slave trade because of our coastal location near the Mid Atlantic, Nothing more.
huh! i wonder what this masterpieces art were? maybe you mean carving dolls! maybe carving dolls naked makes you civilized?? grin grin

you entered the atlantic slave trade because you were a worthless race of primitive good for nothings, best put to use as slaves.

Even the Fulanis in Guinea and Senegal were sold in the Atlantic slave trade in great numbers, which goes to show that it more of a function of location.
sooo? what do you mean even? until contact with hausas, fulanis werent an organised state, they were a nomadic tribe then.

Even primitive Pygmies were never sold as slaves, because of their location in the congo forest.
lieeees! the pygmies were enslaved! there are well known stories of pygmies being enslaved! i still think theyre more civilized than you though!

Slaves to Whites, Slaves to Arabs and Finally, slaves to Fulanis..... describes the contemporary Hausa man perfectly well
how are we slaves to whites when they never enslaved us? how are we slaves to arabs when they never enslaved us? slaves to fulanis? now that is just a desperate joke grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by scholes0(m): 9:24am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

huh! i wonder what this masterpieces art were? maybe you mean carving dolls! maybe carving dolls naked makes you civilized?? grin grin

you entered the atlantic slave trade because you were a worthless race of primitive good for nothings, best put to use as slaves.

sooo? what do you mean even? until contact with hausas, fulanis werent an organised state, they were a nomadic tribe then.

lieeees! the pygmies were enslaved! there are well known stories of pygmies being enslaved! i still think theyre more civilized than you though!

how are we slaves to whites when they never enslaved us? how are we slaves to arabs when they never enslaved us? slaves to fulanis? now that is just a desperate joke grin grin grin grin

Yes basically everybody enslaved you....
Read about hausa slaves in the Americas.....
Where are the descendants of pygmies in the new world or Arab world.... what is the average height of their offspring...lol.... stupied person.

Read for yourself, Silly thing....

The slaves sold by Oyo were from four different sources: 1) native criminals, who were not so numerous, 2) war captives, who were the majority 3) slaves given in tribute by vassal states, such as Dahomey, who were not so many, and 4) slaves bought from Nupe, Borgu and even the Hausa states and Borno, especially in the late 18th century. Adams (1786-1800) refers to the large numbers of Hausa slaves for sale at Porto Novo

http://www.dhspriory.org/kenny/NWAfr/a14.htm

LOL, Hausas are just a pathetic race in general.... contributing nothing to both modern and ancient huanity.

cc: Macof, come see some of our slaves, awon Eru Hausa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

Yes basically everybody enslaved you....
Read about hausa slaves in the Americas.....
yet you cant provide a reliable evidence of such instances.

Where are the descendants of pygmies in the new world or Arab world.... what is the average height of their offspring...lol.... stupied perso
the pygmies were enslaved by bantus twirly dumb fvck!

Read for yourself, Silly thing....
its clear youre the idiott that needs to read!

The slaves sold by Oyo were from four different sources: 1) native criminals, who were not so numerous, 2) war captives, who were the majority 3) slaves given in tribute by vassal states, such as Dahomey, who were not so many, and 4) slaves bought from Nupe, Borgu and even the Hausa states and Borno, especially in the late 18th century. Adams (1786-1800) refers to the large numbers of Hausa slaves for sale at Porto Novo

loooool! so hausas sold slaves to you? you didnt do the enslaving cowards! its no secret we exported slaves to all areas, we were probably selling you your brothers. im sure amongst the large number of hausa slaves, a good majority of them should be your people!!!!

http://www.dhspriory.org/kenny/NWAfr/a14.htm

LOL, Hausas are just a pathetic race in general.... contributing nothing to both modern and ancient huanity.
like i said, believe that at your own peril!!

cc: Macof, come see some of our slaves, awon Eru Hausa.

yess! please come and see how the iddiott shot himself in the foot!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2015
why are your brothers here quiet, i thought you were all over this forum? i neeed more of you! you dweebs cant handle me! if this were the old days i would have chained you and sold you off to gobir grin grin grin

and trust me, the gobirawas did no treat their slaves nicely!!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2015
macof scholes0

like i said, your brother shot himself in the foot, he gave me the means to destroy hi, this is what i got from the article he linked

Well before the jihād, Hausaland was tied into the slave trading network of the Oyo empire. Robin Law observes that enslavement of Oyo citizens did not become common until after 1810, with a consequent aggravated instability of the kingdom. Before that time slaves were obtained from outside, with a great expansion in the 1780s of trade in slaves purchased from the north. He concludes that any political consequences should be sought in Hausaland rather than in Oyo
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2015
nice article by the way mate. scholes0 macof

In conclusion, we can present a composite model for the Sokoto jihād which includes three dynamics: the religious ideology espoused by the jihād leaders, the aspirations for social equity of the Fulani and Hausa peasantry, and finally the economic interest of the northern long-distance traders, particularly those specializing in slave trade.
The dynamic of large state formation is long distance trade. As I have argued elsewhere,86 the trans-Saharan trade gave impetus to the formation of empires in the West African savanna from the 8th to the 15th century (and longer in Borno). The Turkish occupation of North Africa in the 16th century put a damper on trade heading for the Maghrib. So the Songhay empire died and had no immediate successor. The Atlantic trade, especially from the 18th century, gave rise first to coastal empires and then, as its impact was felt further inland, to the jihād states. Oyo was the most important empire to rise in response to demand for slaves on the coast. The Alafins controlled the routes from the northern supply zones to the coastal ports. The Hausa traders, after a risky collection of slaves in war torn Hausaland, had to surrender their profits in tolls passing through Oyo territory. So they supported the Ilorin rebellion.
The ongoing jihād conducted by the emirates of the Sokoto federation was a systematic slave-gathering operation. Most slaves were absorbed internally. But it is no accident that the Sokoto jihād began at a time when the promise of a rich slave-exporting economy looked brightest, and that the extremities of the jihād farthest from Sokoto were on the one hand the slave grounds of Adamawa and on the other hand the outlet routes controlled by Oyo.
Unfortunately for Sokoto ambitions, just as its hold on the North was consolidated and Oyo destroyed, leaving no major obstacle to the sea, European demand for slaves ended. So the Sokoto confederation confined its attention to the North and the Sahara until trade in other commodities sparked its interest in the Atlantic once more.

although the fact that hausa states fought and enslaved each other is disappointing, though the slaves were sold locally. Thank God for the fulani jihad for uniting these states and bringing back justice and equity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Made In Idoma-land, Benue State, Central Nigeria / Current Ibo (delta Ibo/anambra) Names For Baby Boys. / Ask An African-american A Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.