Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos (41222 Views)

Police Arrest Car Thieves, Recover Stolen Vehicles (pictured) / Photo; See How RRS Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Jeep In Lagos / Police Used Charm To Arrest Me - Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by NigeriaReports: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2015
The Rapid Response Squad recently used technology to retrieve a stolen jeep belonging to an Editor of the Ovation Magazine. The car was snatched at gunpoint in Maryland, Lagos. The police immediately deployed the newly acquired drones and GPS tracker to get back the stolen vehicle after an official complaint was made ...Read the press statement below;

On Sunday night, the car of Mr. Michael Effiong, an Editor of the Ovation Magazine, with special number plate "Ovation 3", was snatched at gun point in Maryland. Immediately, he reported to the RRS Commander, who in turn, sent radio signal to all Divisional Police Stations across Lagos state to track down the vehicle.

For Mr. Effiong, the car had gone forever. But for the RRS Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Olatunji Disu, it was a task that must be accomplished.

Immediately, the Commander deployed the RRS drones and the use of GPS tracker. Eventually, the stolen vehicle was discovered where it was parked around an hotel. He led the operation to the scene of the stolen vehicle with the help of the contemporary information technology deployed to track down the jeep. The jeep was recovered beside a popular hotel, Kalesco Garden Hotel, Badagry.

The joy of Mr. Effiong knew no bounds when he was handed over his vehicle that was stolen back to him. He praised the Lagos State Police for their doggedness in recovering the vehicle.

Source https://web.facebook.com/rrslagos767/photos/a.505662192860031.1073741826.491060650986852/938055526287360/?type=3&theater

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2015
OK.
Na only ovation editor car don miss within this few months wey dem don buy drones for lagos?
God is watching Ambode.
Let him be using our resources for the rich & influential.
Few days ago. Tinubu carry our helicopter go ooni coronation

I dey here dey wait change cos change never come

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by toms55(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2015
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by amiskurie(m): 10:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Fayose the petty market people robber,u see ya life.

Na to dey chop aboki suya,to dey chop petty traders roasted corns.

Borehole,or ordinary gutter I no here u do.smh!

Even ambode we thought is not working,is working,but not talking.

Ekiti one chance

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by iteleaye(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2015
See as d picture clear

How i wish my sport stations can be this clear and telemundo and africa magic the opposite...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Demmocrats(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2015
Immediately, the Commander deployed the RRS drones and the use of GPS tracker. Eventually, the stolen vehicle was discovered where it was parked around an hotel.

I wonder who was operating the drone and the distance the done was deployed.

8 Likes

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Great..SAI APC

- I am sure the vehicle had a form of GPS tracker installed
- Drones was deployed for imaging purpose.

However, we were not told how long it took the Force to sight the car? Also if there was any arrest.... undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by joystickextend1(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2015
our naija police now use drones? cool smiley

2 Likes

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by naijayoung: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2015
I made this comment with Glo network and it's on FP. This, like the OP is what I call breakthrough!

please I need Toshiba satellite A665-S6086 battery contact me if you have

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by BOWOTO(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2015
lol a car with a private number?! They don't need a drone for that.

But see wetin naija dey celebrate, well we are moving steadily.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by MARKone(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2015
Good, they should also deploy the drones to track those police men and women who cannot survive a day without extorting money from people, whilst intimidating them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by ikombe: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2015
I smell lies undecided

Intruder15 come and chi chum chin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by richidinho(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2015
see Lagos road
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2015
grin
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by deebsman1(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2015
This is what we r talking about, most of the crimes in Nigeria are petty crimes that can easily be minimized, The police force and the govt of the day should provide a framework to massively deploy modern technology to fight crime, with less efforts, belief u me, crime rate in obodo Nigeria will be minimized by a grate percentage. we r just starting and we will get there.

1 Like

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by shakol91(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2015
Nice concept. Ambo is working and my state governor is busy commissioning FISH and Ponmo in the kitchen

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by wristbangle: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2015
Good development. The crime rate in lagos especially @ this festive period is alarming

1 Like

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Hernandez88(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2015
Ok oo
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by djWALE(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Jonathan is working smiley

4 Likes

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by gungab(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
nice development
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Pavore9: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Good development.
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by wristbangle: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
richidinho:
see Lagos road

That street road is like the major road in ur city

4 Likes

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by iliyande(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
small small Nigerian is becoming America wink grin
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by PrinceNwokeji: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
P
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by wachakuta(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
End time
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by ttemmi(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
In cases like this, Mobile tracker is better than comprehensive insurance.

3 Likes

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by olayes(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
lie
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by DaFlash: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
How about putting some ROCKETS to that drone cool

3 Likes

Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Skain(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nonsense!!! Shey na free?
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by Speakdatruth: 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
rubbish
na only big man car d drone dey see?
Re: Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos by GoodMuyis(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
commitcrime:
OK.
Na only ovation editor car don miss within this few months wey dem don buy drones for lagos?
God is watching Ambode.
Let him be using our resources for the rich & influential.
Few days ago. Tinubu carry our helicopter go ooni coronation

I dey here dey wait change cos change never come

If Other vehicles have Car Tracker it will be easy to have the vehicle location as it may be the case of Ovation magazine. but when there is noting to track the vehicle you just have to follow manual process

with the location known, Drone ca be deployed to search the environment

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport / Residents Stealing CRUDE OIL From An Abandoned Ship In Elegushi, Lagos - Video / We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.