Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Things I've Learnt About Love... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things I've Learnt About Love... (947 Views)

5 Things I've Learnt Since My Girlfriend Got Pregnant / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava / 8 Hot Lessons I Learnt About Women Recently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I've Learnt About Love... by donTbone(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
No matter your status—single, dating, engaged, or married—relationships take work. And whether they end with tears or last until forever may depend upon countless factors, but your own actions, words, and thoughts undoubtedly play a role.

One thing that'll give you an advantage in the game of love? Soaking up all the wisdom you can from friends, researchers, matchmakers, and more. Here, i've distilled it down to the very best advice i have learned. Regardless of your personal situation, this words may help you uncover the key to long-lasting happiness.

1. Do or say something daily to show your appreciation.
"Saying and doing small, simple expressions of gratitude every day yields big rewards. When people feel recognized as special and appreciated, they're happier in that relationship and more motivated to make the relationship better and stronger. And when I say simple, I really mean it. Make small gestures that show you're pjavascript:void(0);aying attention: Hug, kiss, hold hands, buy a small gift, send a card, fix a favorite dessert, put gas in the car, or tell your partner, 'You're sexy,' 'You're the best dad,' or simply say 'Thank you for being so wonderful.'"

2. Realize every relationship has value, regardless of how long it lasts.
"There’s no such thing as a failed romance/love. Relationships simply evolve into what they were always mean to be. It’s best to not try to make something that is meant to be seasonal or temporary into a lifelong relationship. Let go and enjoy the journey."

3. Never take your partner for granted.
"This may sound obvious, but you can't imagine how many people come to couples councelling too late, when their partner is done with a relationship and wants to end it. It is very important to realize that everyone potentially has a breaking point, and if their needs are not met or they don't feel seen by the other, they will more than likely find it somewhere else. Many people assume that just because they are OK without things they want so is their partner. 'No relationship is perfect' shouldn't be used as a rationalization for complacency."

4. Remember to take breaks.
Taking break at times, is not what we take it to be. "A friend taught me that no matter how in love you are or how long you've been together, it's important to take an exhale from your partnership. Hang out with girlfriends until late in the evening, take a weekend trip to visit family, or just spend time 'doing you' for a while. Then when you go home to Yours Truly, you'll both be recharged and ready to come together even stronger."

more>> http://datingyouths..com.ng/2015/12/things-ive-learnt-about-love.html

Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by CountDracula(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
5. Always have a backup
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by mcdreeezy: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
Really
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by mcdreeezy: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
The fourth point also has it's downside. You might take a break only for you to go back and meet her on some other nigga's dick. She fit still tell you say na by mistake or na devil work cheesy
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by ayinde2ade(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
mcdreeezy:
The fourth point also has it's downside. You might take a break only for you to go back and meet her on some other nigga's dick. She fit still tell you say na by mistake or na devil work cheesy
grin
mcdreeezy:
she is also having her own BREAK
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
CountDracula:
5. Always have a backup
Chisos! Na u add dat one abi
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
mcdreeezy:
It's a break nah
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by mcdreeezy: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
Abbykem:
It's a break nah
It's a break means she should go ride some other nigga's dick?
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
mcdreeezy:
It's a break means she should go ride some other nigga's dick?
Sebi na both of them wan take a break
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by schumastic(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Always have a back up chick just incase cus s very very important,, so u won't come here one day and start crying how much love don't exist cus it does not grin grin
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by donTbone(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
CountDracula:
5. Always have a backup
Backup will only be necessary...
cos that tell you you are insecure! undecided

Which, i dont tink the relationship is worth commiting to
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by donTbone(m): 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
mcdreeezy:
Na! taking a break doesnt seem as we take it...just as av mentioned in the article.
Taking break calls for mutual agreement.

Even, in the process, you ca discover new things about your self and your partner.
Taking break should bolster the relationship not otherwise!
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by donTbone(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
ayinde2ade:
grin she is also having her own BREAK
Guys need and have break too! wink
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by ayinde2ade(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
donTbone:

grin
donTbone:

are u thinking wat am thinking?
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by donTbone(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
ayinde2ade:
grin are u thinking wat am thinking?
No, am not! grin

Your mind needs some clean installation! cheesy
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by CountDracula(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Abbykem:
Chisos! Na u add dat one abi
Suuuuurrrreeee !
Re: Things I've Learnt About Love... by mcdreeezy: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
donTbone:

Na! taking a break doesnt seem as we take it...just as av mentioned in the article.
Taking break calls for mutual agreement.

Even, in the process, you ca discover new things about your self and your partner.
Taking break should bolster the relationship not otherwise!
Ok then, cool.

(1) (Reply)

She Broke Up With Me!!! Was It My Fault? / Wat More Do She Want? / Must Sex Involves Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.